What holds more stronger to a clan's reputation? Wars or PK

The Observer

What gives more weight towards a clan's reputation?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What gives more weight towards a clan's reputation?

• Run ins
    • Wars
    • Both equally

How long the clan has been around is a much higher factor than how well they do in wars or pk run-ins.

I think each clan is different in how their reputation is formed. Perhaps a lot of reputation is gained from warring or run ins, but they aren't completely all of it. Some things like honour, or non-honour, or what the clans reason for warring is, or why the clan is around and what they are out to prove has a lot to do with the reputation as well.

To me, it's too hard to tell what contributes more to a clans reputation.

Poll added.

Personally, I think if you can win an organised war, that's a big plus, and also a big morale boost.

On the other hand, if you win random run ins, especially if you're outnumbered, that's impressive.

I voted for both equal.

spacescenev24.jpg

I think I kind of went off into something about that you couldn't choose between Wars or PKRI's. But if you had to pick either one, and there was no other contributing factors except those two, I'd say PKRI's.

Wars are generally pre-organized. There's a lot of prep time, like a week or two. And your clan has time to 'adjust' to the other clan based off of their available stats on a memberlist. You can also review clans past videos and warring history to study their options, organization and other minor details that you can inform your clan of. All of this gets you prepared, and ready. All this shows is that your clan can easily prepare and examine the other clan to death. As well, with wars, you know you're going to be fighting. You know that within the next 5 minutes they will be coming to attack you, or you will be told to charge. Because of this you're waiting, and you're ready. You probably know how large they are, and you know not to run.

PKRI's however you'll have no idea that another clan is just up ahead, that may or may not be smaller, or larger. You don't know if they are level 120s, or level 80s, with 100, or 40 people. you don't know if your clan leader will say 'run' or 'retreat', you don't know anything. You're on the edge of your seat, or sometimes not prepared at all. There's the constant thought of being attacked at anytime, and then when you do get attacked, you have a few moments of delay, and the clan which reacts quickest within seeing the other dots usually starts off strong and finishes by winning. Not everyone in the clan will be paying attention either. Some will be afking. Some will be holding a drink in their mouse hand. All of these negative things will be happening and probably happened quite a bit in old wildy.

The difference? It's pretty huge. PKRI's show how devoted your clan members are by seeing if they are actually paying attention. How well your clan can react under stress, or heat of the moments. How well your clan can call piles when the main trip leader has died. How well a clan can adapt to it's current territory. Are you at GDZ, or at trees? Or at a flat area? Can your clan adapt to this quickly enough to hug properly? If your clan can do all of the above, organized or pre-determined run-ins will be extremely easy to win.

Then again, it is up to the majority of clan oriented players to understand and perceive this information correctly, or to understand the pro's and con's of each type of war and how they think of it. It's also how well a clan presents this information to the public. Are they highlighting their reaction times, or are they highlighting their options? Even if one is far more important than the other? But to the topic title is asking how we think of it, and not what really is or should be the largest contributor to a clans reputation.

Edit: At the persons point about 'equal wars'. Pre-Organized wars usually involve a clan declaring on another clan that is equal in opts, or stats, or equal in stats compared to their numbers. While PKRI's don't have this, it's usually whoever has the quickest time to react and start piling fast enough. While a clan can win with having a crappy reaction time, but mainly because they outnumber another clan so badly that even if the 'quick reacting' clan is killing 5 players per minute, it's not enough to kill off the vast majority of the opposing clan quick enough before they die, which is or was the case in old PKRI's, except between some of the top clans. But then again, most people would take this into consideration, or look at the options and see what they were, and then look at levels, and then compare the fight with those, and then post what they thought of the fight. So really numbers & stats or even wars or PKRI's become nulled because the wars aren't closely equal to each other to actually be a valid reason or contribution to a clans reputation, and can actually be a negative contribution if a clan is constantly killing clans that have lower stats or opts than them on purpose, or just by accidental.

Wow skatedog...

Only thing i can add really is limits. Clan wars have limits, PKRI's dont. Styles, time, returning, bounds etc etc. If your clan can dominate the time or returning ability in a PKRI thats great... but does it mean you're a better combat clan?

I'd say warring, although i lean more towards PKRI, warring just makes more sense.

Personally I believe both are important, but I think the prevailing school of thought in the clan community has been, for the last several years, to pretty much unquestionably value pkri's over wars in spite of the fact they test different aspects of clans. After months of only being able to war, though, I think some clans may have warmed up to the idea of wars being a legit way of ranking clans; overall, I believe pkri's will still be valued more highly when "most" people sit down and formulate their opinions on other clans.

Only thing i can add really is limits. Clan wars have limits, PKRI's dont. Styles, time, returning, bounds etc etc. If your clan can dominate the time or returning ability in a PKRI thats great... but does it mean you're a better combat clan?

I love what you said about limits, or rather what I'd think are 'specific courses of combat,'. Which would be as you said returning, time limits, number of kills...etc. Pre-determined fights, or wars will prep your clan for these. In other words these limits are practiced upon by every other, some more than most. However pre-determined, or pre-organized wars don't contain all the mandatory or the limits that will appear in a PKRI, which I stated in my first post (reaction time, pile callers (in wars you have probably 5-10, or a GLIMPSE of the opponents and what they are wearing at some point), as well as the terrain you're on).

I think with the greater amount of limits, or specific types of combat which you face give a far better contribution to clan reputation. I know back when I was in main clans, a lot of people talked about being able to 'react' fast enough, and to call proper or easy piles. Meanwhile wars were a routine and not a surprise. Meaning you'd get used to wars, use the same old tactics in the beginning to the end, but in PKRI's how you start off in the beginning of the fight will likely determine the end outcome. I think when you determine between Wars or PKRI's the more you're tested on between wars & PKRI's just shows that your clan can currently dominate all the needed, or required attributes of a fight in order to win.

Then again I don't know if I'm the only one who actually looks this closely at clans when choosing to join, or rate one. When the regular user will probably just look at the amount of wars they've won and to who they won against and probably lost against. And depending on what those clans have as current reputation will also change the users opinion on the original clans reputation or choice to join.

Then again I don't know if I'm the only one who actually looks this closely at clans when choosing to join, or rate one. When the regular user will probably just look at the amount of wars they've won and to who they won against and probably lost against. And depending on what those clans have as current reputation will also change the users opinion on the original clans reputation or choice to join.

I would much rather look at a clans PKRI record than there warring record. Mainly because on PK trips reaction times are usually alot more important than how long someone can tank.

I'm more of a tradeswoman, really, so my answer would be "none of the above". If I were to be looking at clans based upon combat prowess (more difficult in RS due to the combat system compared to say, WoW or something - but I really don't PK so my knowledge on this is nil) then I'd probably pick random run-ins. I'd be more impressed with a clan that defeated a random attack ("We're outnumbered! Kill 'em anyway!" as opposed to "Run away! Run away!") than an arranged event such as a war.

THEN AGAIN, a clan that has a good turn-out to a war is pretty impressive as well - that means there's loyalty there! Loyalty is a good thing.

SO, it's a toss-up.

Most important to me (and not even listed here) is how a Clan's members treat each other and non-members. If a Clan is full of jerks, they're not worth the time of day and therefore, their performance in wars and run-ins doesn't exactly matter to me. Sure, they can wipe the floor with Clan B, but they treat people like complete crud - so why should I care?

TL;DR Version: My personal opinion is that the way the people act is more important than the war thing, but for the sake of this topic, it's a pretty equal mix between wars and run-ins.

~ Kei

Characters

Keistera - The Jack of All Trades

Mama Ursa - The Priestess/Survivalist

Erbrynn - The Mage

Erebus Sabre - The Forgetful Warrior

I voted both. Mainly because it all depends on what kind of clan you are and where your focus as a clan lies. If you are mainly interested in testing your clan using the warring lists then wars are more important. If you don't really care about the lists but do more pkri's then I suppose they are more important.

b_barcopy.jpg