Dwarf Cannon.. Worth it?

Hidhaeg

Only really worth it if you are a hardcore slayer and then only because it speeds up certain tasks and not because it's great XP.

Red Chins are best range XP but also expensive. From 17 though I would x-bow to at least 40-50. Try lessers.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Okay. So I should stick with normal range until higher levels?

Would it be cheaper if I made my own arrows too?

Yeah it's probably best to stick to X-Bow and bolts.

Just buy them and choose a monster with decent drops to pay for them.

Do Animal Magnetism quest, you will get an accumulator which picks up a lot of your bolts/arrows for you.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I like shortbows better than crossbows when I'm training. At 17 range, I'd recommend Hill Giants maybe, It's hard to tell, I haven't had 17 range for a long time :lol:

It would be cheaper if you made your own arrows, but since you're contemplating whether or not to buy a cannon... :roll:

Speaking of that, don't buy a cannon. It's really just shooting money, and unless you want to speed up slayer tasks like dagganoth, I wouldn't recommend it for training. unless of course you need levels fast.

And definitely do Animal Magnetism. You'll get a chunk of range exp (not sure how much) and the aviator(accumulator is at level 40 or 50) is definitely worth it if you plan to range, as it picks up a lot of your arrows and drops them right back into your quiver.

If I were you, I'd do Animal Magnetism, and then train on Hill Giants or such with the best shortbow you can use, with iron arrows.

Okay. So I should stick with normal range until higher levels?

Would it be cheaper if I made my own arrows too?

Yeah it's probably best to stick to X-Bow and bolts.

Just buy them and choose a monster with decent drops to pay for them.

Do Animal Magnetism quest, you will get an accumulator which picks up a lot of your bolts/arrows for you.

Are there any requirements or recommendations for that quest? I'm pretty low levelled.

15 Thieving 18 Slayer 19 Crafting 30 Ranged 35 Woodcutting, Restless Ghost, Ernest the Chicken, Priest in Peril

I don't think tehre's any major combat involved..

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

he definitely can't use red chins effectively at 17 range whoever is suggesting that >.> i doubt many people use cannons to train their range at lvl 17 unless they are really rich or...just...:uhh:

just use a bow and arrow (best bow you can use with iron/steel arrows) and train at giants...progress from hill giants to moss giants at around moss giants at around 50 to ice giants at 60 and fire giants at 70 or around there...then when you get to 85, get grab around 40-50m (prob less due to dropping red chin prices) and get 99 range at skele monkeys =)

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png