Best way to get normal gems

Psycho_Robot

I really like crafting jewelry. I don't know why, its just fun. But gems are really expensive... so I'd like to get them myself! I could always mine them in Shilo Village (I can access the second gem mine because I've done the hard Karamja diary), but I'm not a huge fan of mining, and I was hoping that maybe there was another way. I've heard that the safes in the rogues den are a good source of gems, but never really tried them.

Or should I just make money some other way and use the money to BUY gems? Would that be the fastest of all? :lol:

goraks drop alot of gems

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Cutting gems? Or making them into jewelry? I don't see how cutting is fun, and you should make Bracelets if you're making Jewelry. I believe you barely lose any money...

I don't mind cutting but I like making them into jewelry. And is there any sort of bracelet I should make? Or are they all good?

people buy emerald braces to turn them in to castle wars bracers not sure if anyone actually does buy braces of clay or saphire braces but if u enchant emmy braces urself u'll get mage xp and will probly make them sell faster. or you could always just alch them

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

you can also enchant the braclets and then alch them for a little extra gp and some magic exp. But after a while randoms seem to give quite a bit of gems.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

goraks drop alot of gems

QFT, and they drop many Loop halfs. They don't drop charms however... making them... meh.

It doesnt matter because he wants gems, not charms lol.

Eh, charms are always something to look for. ::'

Just alch the bracelets, or sell them in the GE.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

If Gems are what you are after, the Wall Safes in the Thieves Den are second to none. Not only do you get decent Thieving XP (70 xp per success), but gems flow pretty quick.

If you have the stats to access it, don't waste your time with Gem Rocks...go right for the Wall Safes. The ability to bank is a HUGE plus to eat/heal, and get right back to getting gems.

When using your gems, make sapphire bracelets, then alch them. DO NOT ENCHANT. You will lose money if you enchant them as well, just alch the normal bracelets. If you collect your own gems, you'll make a nice profit. You can also buy the sapphires and still make a profit. I personally do this when I mine gold.

When alching, I suggest you do it in puro puro if you can catch magpie implings or higher. You'll make extra cash on top of the alching profit.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.