New skill idea--Warding

Jimmyw3000

Just had a thought of a new skill called Warding.

Basically, with the new PvP worlds, there may be some *fighting for areas* situations, but thanks to RuneScape, people can walk through each other, so it's kinda hard and pointless to hold areas.

Warding is basically a skill that lets you build walls and barriers that people can't pass through, effectively letting you hold a small area, and a larger area with a group of friends.

You could obviously be able to destroy other peoples 'wards' in a normal PvP fight but depending on the wall/barrier's type, it might not be able to attack you back.

Each wall would have a combat level, including hitpoints and defence, and if an offensive on is created, an attack/strength/magic offensive/range level, too.

You would only be able to create these on pvp worlds.

You can create multiple wards in multi zones, but only 1 at a time in single zones.

Umm..that's all i can think of. It can become pretty in-depth but i can't write anymore about it lols.

Honestly it sounds amazing, ive always wanted to be able to "build your own fortress" sibmaster said it shouldn't be a new skill, but an addiotion (and a good one!) to construction.

As everyone said, make it an addition to construction. Why?

1. Having a pvp world only skill means that they would need to make around 25-50 new pvp worlds so that all players would be able to train this skills at the same time. Imagine wanting to train your warding skill and having trouble getting into full worlds if there were only like 20 of them or less.

2. It just simply is too similiar to construction. Build it with construction and enchant it with magic.

3. it really would be lame to be a skill all on it's own. I mean, let's be serious. lol.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Wow, im suprised this hasnt been said. Abuse of the add-on. They would build walls around important NPCs, Just random @$$es would build around Npcs, Make it so they get to keep a certain spawn for there own. So Warding- I Dont Support

Couldn't a clan keep a spawn for themselves in pvp worlds anyway?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Just had a thought of a new skill called Warding.

Basically, with the new PvP worlds, there may be some *fighting for areas* situations, but thanks to RuneScape, people can walk through each other, so it's kinda hard and pointless to hold areas.

Warding is basically a skill that lets you build walls and barriers that people can't pass through, effectively letting you hold a small area, and a larger area with a group of friends.

You could obviously be able to destroy other peoples 'wards' in a normal PvP fight but depending on the wall/barrier's type, it might not be able to attack you back.

Each wall would have a combat level, including hitpoints and defence, and if an offensive on is created, an attack/strength/magic offensive/range level, too.

You would only be able to create these on pvp worlds.

You can create multiple wards in multi zones, but only 1 at a time in single zones.

Umm..that's all i can think of. It can become pretty in-depth but i can't write anymore about it lols.

Fixed all spelling and grammar errors.

I'm a grammar Nazi.

Wow, im suprised this hasnt been said. Abuse of the add-on. They would build walls around important NPCs, Just random @$$es would build around Npcs, Make it so they get to keep a certain spawn for there own. So Warding- I Dont Support

Couldn't a clan keep a spawn for themselves in pvp worlds anyway?

It wouldnt be a spawn, since ... Im Not sure tho, if there are new spawns, Its just the normal spawns. So , if u meant a base, then okay. But still, thats one of the ways it may be used -correctly- My point still stands, some -WILL- Abuse this warding thign and build around NPCS, even if u couldnt build so close tothem, they would block people in, its just not a good idea. Sorry.

Blackbow1111.png

Blackbow1111.png

http://Blackbow1111.png

A skill on its own? How 'bout a new part of Construction like those other guys said.

Well, it could be used in the new PVP worlds, true. You could hold a city by blockading the main entrances and using the small doors and sewers to escape (just like CastleWars!). For example Varrock. Cover the Eastern, Western, and Southern entrances with people watching the smaller northern entrance. This'll make it easy for you to escape while it's hard for your enemy to attack! I can see some potential in this... Plus, it'd give me a way to make money with Construction, lol.

EDIT: Hmm, seeing as some people don't support because of the possible abuse of the skill, perhaps JAGeX could limit the use of warding to the extent that people couldn't take away useful respawns and NPC's but still be able to defend an area in your own unique way. They could make it so you could only block entrances and limit the amount of blockades used, and then restrict blocking respawn points (Cammy, Fally, Lumby) and banks.

r2kuft.gif

Click Here for my RSOF 99 Construction G&A thread! Post your support!

Because of the millions of ways of abuse of this add-on suggestion, Jagex would simpally say it would be too much work. They would probably need to revamp the whole mape because of this, there are millions of Npcs in ruenscape, and they need to proect them all, but peopel will find ways to do it. And if it was in PK Worls only, its just gunna be the most unfair advantage ever, Construction wasnt meant to be in PKing

Blackbow1111.png

Blackbow1111.png

http://Blackbow1111.png

Construction wasnt meant to be in PKing

You know this how?

Hmm...i see your points. It would make a nice add-on to construction, but I was hoping for this to be a new f2p skill :XD: .

Something that potentially big is not going to be f2p.

I really like this idea if it's going to be an addition to Construction. It would make such an expensive skill very rewarding.

I think there is going to have to be some limits. For example, you can't build walls in safe zones, which fixes the spawning and access to banks problem.

The number of walls a single person can build, and the strength of each wall should vary according to their construction level. You should also be able to build gates and towers to range from. If you get enough people together, you can set up a well defended fort around a resource!

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Log out of PvP world, log into normal world, walk beyond the ward in normal world, log out, log into PvP world? You've slipped pass the ward!

Log out of PvP world, log into normal world, walk beyond the ward in normal world, log out, log into PvP world? You've slipped pass the ward!

Hmmm, fatal flaw here lol

Maybe have it so that when you log into a pvp world it puts you in the nearest safe point.

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

Maybe have it so that when you log into a pvp world it puts you in the nearest safe point.

But that would just get annoying, and massive groups would just swarm the spawn points for easy kills.

I mean they know where you will appear, and especially on the first days there will be nearly constant prey. All they gotten do is wait for you to pop up and boom, all you'll see are red splashes and you're dead.

That would be a nice add-on to construction, as a pure pvp skill wouldn't really work out.

My thoughts exactly.

I honestly think this is a wonderfull idea.

I support

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

But that would just get annoying, and massive groups would just swarm the spawn points for easy kills.

I mean they know where you will appear, and especially on the first days there will be nearly constant prey. All they gotten do is wait for you to pop up and boom, all you'll see are red splashes and you're dead.

The point of a SAFE spot is that it's safe; as in, they can't just attack you right when you log in, but have to wait for you to leave said safe spot.... :P

Although I could see large clans surrounding safe spots with walls, I still think this sounds like a good idea. Just make it so that the walls have to be x spaces from the safe spots (to make surrounding them require more people/resources and less likely to happen) and make it part of construction and there you go.

If someone wants to get to a resource/npc on the pvp world, they're going to have to deal with clans attacking them anyways, and, with the 10-second rule, chances are the clan's going to win even without the walls.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Hmmmm. Then have it once you leave that safe zone, a countdown appears, and you have 10 seconds to run/walk towherever you want, and in those 10 seconds you cannot be attacked.

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

The point of a SAFE spot is that it's safe; as in, they can't just attack you right when you log in, but have to wait for you to leave said safe spot.... :P

Although I could see large clans surrounding safe spots with walls, I still think this sounds like a good idea. Just make it so that the walls have to be x spaces from the safe spots (to make surrounding them require more people/resources and less likely to happen) and make it part of construction and there you go.

If someone wants to get to a resource/npc on the pvp world, they're going to have to deal with clans attacking them anyways, and, with the 10-second rule, chances are the clan's going to win even without the walls.

Right. But that still wouldn't work since the clan has already spotted you. The point isn't that the clan gets to kill you when you aren't READY, it's that they know where you are. This way even if there is a safezone, once you leave you're done for. And all you can do is pretty much stay there or log out, unless there is a PvP world without a clan surrounding that area.

For the same reason, the 10 second safe idea also wouldn't work since the clan would just run after you for 10 seconds.

Right. But that still wouldn't work since the clan has already spotted you. The point isn't that the clan gets to kill you when you aren't READY, it's that they know where you are. This way even if there is a safezone, once you leave you're done for. And all you can do is pretty much stay there or log out, unless there is a PvP world without a clan surrounding that area.

For the same reason, the 10 second safe idea also wouldn't work since the clan would just run after you for 10 seconds.

A 10 second rule isn't needed, this is why there are going to be wilderness style levels, areas around safespots will have a very low level range. A tiny portion, if any, of said clan will be able to pick off people leaving safespots using the conventional run-like-blazes method, as opposed to going to the bank and teleporting.

~ W ~

sigzi.png