99 slay+fish+craft+2.3k overall+quest cape

Hello comrades,

With this date of 9.10.2008. Ive managed to fullfill yet another goal of mine. This time it was the turn for 99 slayer, crafting, fishing, 2300 skill total and the quest cape, all of them combined of course. This was my 3rd triple 99 and the reason why I chose these skills was the fact that when I started planning for getting 2.3k total from my last 99, I had no other alternatives left than these: with other skills my overall would have gone past 2.3k. Notice that this date is also the 41st memorial day of the execution of Ernesto Che Guevara.

NOTICE: THE PICTURE FILE IS AN ANIMATED GIF PLEASE GIVE IT TIME TO LOAD!

99.gif

Slayer was by far the funnest one out of all these. During it I managed to get some quite reasonable drops (including 3 visages from lvl 96 to 99 or so), a lot of (unneeded) combat xp and even charms to top 21 summoning. Shame the sum rank didnt last for long, but oh well. Fishing was quite ok, thanks to the weak US dollar. At this point you might wonder how can I thank a currency for the achievement. Lemme explain it: With a weak dollar I managed to order quite a few interesting books from Amazon for a low price. Readin while fishing was fun :P Crafting itself was a joke: if you can gain over 1 million xp per day it cant be anything special to get 99 in that skill.

I know some of you will ask how much did it cost, how long did it take and what did I train. Heres a small summary about that kind of stuff:

Slayer: I used the Shilo master and gained approximately 80-150k/day when I trained it. Yes I used cannon, Piety, super restores, familiars, did dragons and swapped tasks I didnt like. I sometimes used a godsword but due the not-so-stable prices I sold and rebought it quite a few times and thus did a lot with a whip. My method of training was of course quite expensive but the drops probably ended up giving me profit.

Fishing: This has quite a large variety: I did flyfishing in shilo, I did lobbies, sharks, swords&tunas and monkfish plus I few times used the FOG fishing gloves for both swordies and sharks. I also sometimes used granite lobsters to produce me some extra fish and hopefully provide a bit faster xp. I ended up profiting around 10-15m gp. My speed of course varied a lot depending on the method of training, however Id say I did on an average like 100-200k/d.

Crafting: This one was a joke. I did some tens of thousands of green dragonleathers and some tens of thousands of black dragonleathers. I decided I wont be doing tanning as I will have enough clicking to go with other skills. I ended up losing like 30-50 million gp. On an average I did 900-1300k per day so we cant really talk about a slow skill.

Quests: These came into my mind at around a week befor getting the 99s. I completed around 10-12 quests in 2 days and left Elemental workshop 2 as the final quest as it gave crafting xp: I got 99 crafting from the final quest.

I dont know yet what shall I do next. 91 rc and some agility levels have been in my mind for quite a while now but I could also gain some easy levels from skills like hunter, thieving, con and herblore. As this was the 3rd triple, I assume the circle of triples has been completed. Maybe you might see some other combined goals in future, but probably no more triples.

Rate, hate, comment or give some mindless spam. This same post was posted in Tip.It and RSDs forums and Im now challenging you: which forum can get more replies?

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Hawt. Easily 99x3.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

2300/10!!

really amazing Hohto! <3:

question: which cape will you wear now? :mrgreen:

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

Obviously its a 10/10. Congrats on being old school and hanging around for so long. Its really good to see someone who has been here since rsc almost max out. Shame we aren't good friends seeing as we lived at tif on and off for like 7 years.

Grats. And post a bank picture. \'

untitled1.png

Join "Liked" for trustworthy dicing!

Grats. And post a bank picture. \'

Never ;)

You planning on going all the way?

Hard to say really. There's still so much to do and things can happen fast.

question: which cape will you wear now? :mrgreen:

Slay or summoning atm. Quest cape is ugly and I haven't bothered buying other than those capes.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm