Rubik's Cube Addiction?

PlatSilver

ever since i learned how to solve a rubik's cube i cannot have my rubik's cube scrambled - i must solve it :roll:

does anyone else have a similar problem with rubik's cubes and other puzzles like this?

omg!!! thats just like me!!! everytime i see a scrambled rubik's cube, i get a strong urge to solve it.....its like an OCD except its just rubik's cube. hey, platsilver, how fast can u solve it? my quickest time was 1 min. 46 sec.

This is uhh way off-topic, but just so you know, most people who have OCD, don't have that Monk Syndrome. In fact, the majoirty of OCD people have different symptons.

I tried it, then sold it to my bro for twice the price (I got froma garage sale for 2 bucks, so I wasn't really ripping him off)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Omg I have this exact same thing! It really annoys me when other people (who can't solve them) just leave them around unsolved. I've been almost late/late for things a few times due to this too lol. :roll:

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I've known how to solve a Rubik's Cube since last August, now I'm onto the larger cubes. I've solved a 10x10x10 and a 20x20x20 on a program called Gabbasoft. I've also solved a 3x3x3 and 5x5x5 supercube on the program aswell (All the arrows must be the same way too). I've got a 5x5x5 and 4x4x4 sitting next to me right now, currently it's got some wierd algorithm I took from a site on it so it looks pretty. I'm getting a 7x7x7 for Christmas too since it was released like a month ago with the 6x6x6.

Here is a video of me solving a 4x4x4 just after I learned how to solve it. I mess up twice so it took me like five minutes but now I can solve it in around 2-3 minutes on a good day with an average scramble.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I do something similar but it's not a "problem."

Your 3x3 is very very slow, no offense, and I mean 3x3. If you know how to solve a 4x4 you'll know what I mean (that after you solve centers/pair edges of a 4x4 using redux method it's a 3x3). You use like a.... 4LLL.... Learning 2-look isn't that hard XD

I do something similar but it's not a "problem."

Your 3x3 is very very slow, no offense, and I mean 3x3. If you know how to solve a 4x4 you'll know what I mean (that after you solve centers/pair edges of a 4x4 using redux method it's a 3x3). You use like a.... 4LLL.... Learning 2-look isn't that hard XD

Yeah I know that was the first time I touched a 3x3x3 in a while. I can solve ~30-40 now. Learning Friedrich Method now so should have sub-30 down in no time.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I've known how to solve a Rubik's Cube since last August, now I'm onto the larger cubes. I've solved a 10x10x10 and a 20x20x20 on a program called Gabbasoft. I've also solved a 3x3x3 and 5x5x5 supercube on the program aswell (All the arrows must be the same way too). I've got a 5x5x5 and 4x4x4 sitting next to me right now, currently it's got some wierd algorithm I took from a site on it so it looks pretty. I'm getting a 7x7x7 for Christmas too since it was released like a month ago with the 6x6x6.

Here is a video of me solving a 4x4x4 just after I learned how to solve it. I mess up twice so it took me like five minutes but now I can solve it in around 2-3 minutes on a good day with an average scramble.

Show off! :P

He's asking about whether anyone else can leave a Rubik's cube unsolved and you're like: zomg rubix cubz@@ lololi can has solving 30x30!! ;)

(He can though... :? )

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I have a rubik's cube next to me on another desk. I haven't solved it in a while, but I could do it in under 1 minute. I remember when I first bought it though, doing 1 side was easy, but when i had t odo 3 or more I was frustrated with the little bastard so I resorted to *gasp* peeling the stickers off and replacing them on a different square.

Although I don't do that anymore. Now it's too easy to finish it. :|

ok... i first learned rubik's cube from this site

http://www.stanford.edu/~leyanlo/cubesolution.pdf

its relatively simple and you can get some ok times

you only need to learn 11 algorithms for this solution which i managed in around 1 hour

but if you want to get really good, and waste a lot of time, you can learn a lot more (around 150+) and get really fast solves

to be completely honest i cant be bothered lol

*my best time is around 1 min*

plat_silver.png

Quest Cape first achieved 11 April 2009

ok... i first learned rubik's cube from this site

http://www.stanford.edu/~leyanlo/cubesolution.pdf

its relatively simple and you can get some ok times

you only need to learn 11 algorithms for this solution which i managed in around 1 hour

but if you want to get really good, and waste a lot of time, you can learn a lot more (around 150+) and get really fast solves

to be completely honest i cant be bothered lol

*my best time is around 1 min*

Page not found :cry:

I tried using algorithms from youtube but they did not do what they said they would do!

yeah, it bugs that crap outta me when a rubiks cube is unsolved. :)

i can solve a 3x3x3 in about 1:30, 1:15 being my best

i can solve a 4x4x4 but i havent timed myself cause, i suck lol. :wall:

im gettin a 5x5x5 soon which im thinking will be easier than the 4x4x4 because of a little problem called parity

f_HPBarSupporm_57fd21a.png

1568djk.jpg

i Really dont feel like thinking of a good signature.

yeah, it bugs that crap outta me when a rubiks cube is unsolved. :)

i can solve a 3x3x3 in about 1:30, 1:15 being my best

i can solve a 4x4x4 but i havent timed myself cause, i suck lol. :wall:

im gettin a 5x5x5 soon which im thinking will be easier than the 4x4x4 because of a little problem called parity

No, the 5x5x5 is not easier. :-# To solve it I try to make it into a 3x3x3, but to group the edges, there are problems. Good Luck, the 5x5x5 is the most fun cube! :mrgreen:

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

No you're not the only one. I can't stand leaving a cube unsolved, even if it's not mine. Haha. :D

Here are my fastest times:

2x2x2: 38 seconds

3x3x3: 57 seconds; currently learning the fridrich method so I can get it under 30, possibly 20

4x4x4: 6 minutes, 23 seconds; once I learn fridrich it'll be faster

5x5x5: like...25 minutes? :shock: I hate the 5x5x5 lol. The 4x4x4 is my favorite. ;)

Also, the 5x5x5 is NOT easier even though the 4x4x4 has parity.

Nivek180

F2p

Proud owner of a Santa Hat

[image Coming Soon]

I find Rubik's cubes to be an unentertaining waste of time... I imagine they'd be fun to play with whilst stoned though!!! It'd be like 'Woooooaaaaah!!! These colours are awesome!!! Woah!!! You can move bits!!!!' :lol:

You've never been high on weed, that's what I'm implying your talking about weed that is, you wouldn't be acting like that..

On topic, I never could figure out those things, I wish I could though.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.