Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

Those rates seem unattainable, for somebody slaying 70 70 80 it is WAAY slower than zombies using the most efficient techniques.

At 138 I have no idea.

With slayer, it's not just equipment that matters. It's how you slay, how you pick up drops, moving as fast as possible to attain the best rates possible. At your level the tasks are fairly easy. You have to ask yourself if you're doing relaxed slayer like Compfreak, or efficient and fast slayer like Ydrasil and I.

I use Sumona...

And i'm relaxed. But then again I'm relaxed at zombies. \'

And I have seen compfreak do aviansies at least, and that was efficient and fast >.>

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those rates seem unattainable, for somebody slaying 70 70 80 it is WAAY slower than zombies using the most efficient techniques.

At 138 I have no idea.

With slayer, it's not just equipment that matters. It's how you slay, how you pick up drops, moving as fast as possible to attain the best rates possible. At your level the tasks are fairly easy. You have to ask yourself if you're doing relaxed slayer like Compfreak, or efficient and fast slayer like Ydrasil and I.

I use Sumona...

And i'm relaxed. But then again I'm relaxed at zombies. \'

And I have seen compfreak do aviansies at least, and that was efficient and fast >.>

There's no arguing that zombies are easier than slayer. Much easier, but you don't get slayer experience killing zombies (unless you happen to be on a zombies task from Tureal before doing Smoking Kills.)

Once you can use Duradel, you'll see a big difference.

Avianses are great for money, but you don't get slayer experience, summoning experience, or melee experience.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Personally, I never train combat skills exclusively. I play the game to have fun, and I believe that slayer is a more exciting way to level combat. I like the change of targets, the different tactics used etc. It may not be the best/fastest/most efficient way to train, but the fact is that I find it fun, and to me, that is all that matters.

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow

Personally, I never train combat skills exclusively. I play the game to have fun, and I believe that slayer is a more exciting way to level combat. I like the change of targets, the different tactics used etc. It may not be the best/fastest/most efficient way to train, but the fact is that I find it fun, and to me, that is all that matters.

Same. I train slayer. I like slayer.

but it's not the most efficient way.

I'll use duradel next time :)

Who said it was a losing side...

Eww, not a fan of Duradel. Gives me really bad, long tasks. Black demons/iron dragons/steel dragons/black dragons/Mithril dragons < evil.

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow

Eww, not a fan of Duradel. Gives me really bad, long tasks. Black demons/iron dragons/steel dragons/black dragons/Mithril dragons < evil.

Black demons are a long task, but they're great experience and summoning experience. Cancel irons and steels, kill baby black dragons in the chaos tunnels, mithrils are a short task, so they're not that bad, though I'm not sure what your stats are.

Slay on. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg

Chanedal or whatever her name is (the one in the fairy land), well I use her. Gives the best max exp per hour imo. Trolls, daggs and kalphites are great for slayer exp. Not bad drops from trolls too.

~Shadow

Chanedal or whatever her name is (the one in the fairy land), well I use her. Gives the best max exp per hour imo. Trolls, daggs and kalphites are great for slayer exp. Not bad drops from trolls too.

Duradel is the best all around. I do miss troll tasks, however. I would recommend switching to Duradel.

dgs5.jpg

Well I have quit members for a year, so I cannot do slayer atm lol. But I used to use Duradel, but I found it took me longer to do the tasks and get prepared for them than the easy, fast fairy ones.

~Shadow

Duradel is the best for XP, period. Longer, harder tasks are better as less time is wasted obtaining them. And he's much easier to get to then Fairy rings; another important time factor.

Yes, some are more enjoyable, but in the end it's raw efficiency we are arguing about.

You have to ask yourself if you're doing relaxed slayer like Compfreak, or efficient and fast slayer like Ydrasil and I.

What are you talking about? All number from this thread have come from my fastest slaying times, and I'm one of the most efficient testers. I managed to obtain the second fastest (next to zarfot) abyss run I've seen from anyone, and my ZMI times are far above what I've seen from others; I beat Zarfot's best timing by 3 seconds for one of my full-banking runs. I have an ultra low lag internet connection (6ms ping time to a nearby server), a very high quality Logitech mouse at 2,000 DPI and very low lag time all adding up to very, very fast rates - my Avansie rates are as-yet unmatched by ANYONE, and I am very efficient at bandos KC - when fighting someone for KC, I generally beat them by at least 10-1.

Basically, I'm not bragging, I'm just saying that when I test I am very, very fast and efficient. Yes, I enjoy laid-back slaying, but those numbers are not being used in the debate and therefore are irrelevant.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Change your sig qp compfreak.

Your green drag and aviansie rates are impossible. :x

And what type of internet do you have >.>

But really, post a summary of results compfreak, make it clear.

You are on the internet, you cannot really prove any of your times sorry. Even video recording can be manipulated to look faster than they are.

Not having a go at you, just a general statement of any times for runescape.

And the kill count thing? Maybe cos you have maxed combat stat you beat them?

~Shadow

You are on the internet, you cannot really prove any of your times sorry. Even video recording can be manipulated to look faster than they are.

Therefore slayer rates are invalid and runescape discussions based on fact can not exist. Again not having a go at you but you have to assume that people are mildly trustworthy.

Change your sig qp compfreak.

Good call, I'm at 275 from WGS :-#

And what type of internet do you have >.>

It's cable linked to via gigabit ethernet, but it's a newly laid line and gets me crazy low lag time.

But really, post a summary of results compfreak, make it clear.

Then I get 20 pages of idiots telling me that I should be using a cannon at Demons. Been there, done that. The posts have details on methods used for a reason. #-o

And you can't prove any of yours either. Therefore, it is utterly impossible to have any discussion whatsoever as the other party could be making it up. It's probably a good idea not to try and post in this discussion if your operating under the assumption that all of us are pathological liars.

Could you show me proof that higher stats result in faster reaction time for grabbing monsters, 'cause I'm really not buying it...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

You have to ask yourself if you're doing relaxed slayer like Compfreak, or efficient and fast slayer like Ydrasil and I.

What are you talking about? All number from this thread have come from my fastest slaying times, and I'm one of the most efficient testers. I managed to obtain the second fastest (next to zarfot) abyss run I've seen from anyone, and my ZMI times are far above what I've seen from others; I beat Zarfot's best timing by 3 seconds for one of my full-banking runs. I have an ultra low lag internet connection (6ms ping time to a nearby server), a very high quality Logitech mouse at 2,000 DPI and very low lag time all adding up to very, very fast rates - my Avansie rates are as-yet unmatched by ANYONE, and I am very efficient at bandos KC - when fighting someone for KC, I generally beat them by at least 10-1.

Basically, I'm not bragging, I'm just saying that when I test I am very, very fast and efficient. Yes, I enjoy laid-back slaying, but those numbers are not being used in the debate and therefore are irrelevant.

I see you are ignoring the better methods argument and still saying everyone is talking about how fast you can click when you do an abyss/Zmi run.

Therefore slayer rates are invalid and runescape discussions based on fact can not exist. Again not having a go at you but you have to assume that people are mildly trustworthy.

Lol, don't know if that was to me or compfreak, but anyway, maybe I should clarify. There are rates, but it becomes blurry at a certain point where it is hard to see if someone is a very hard worker, or just plain lien'.

Like you cannot say that it is impossible to kill 3 trolls in an hour with maxed stats and a decent weapon, but when you get to the upper reaches of 'facts' it is hard to prove.

And you can't prove any of yours either. Therefore, it is utterly impossible to have any discussion whatsoever as the other party could be making it up. It's probably a good idea not to try and post in this discussion if your operating under the assumption that all of us are pathological liars.

Ok, my what? I have not said any stats.... and I never said you were a liar, just said that saying "I am the fastest...." or whatever does not mean that I am going to believe you. Calm down.

Could you show me proof that higher stats result in faster reaction time for grabbing monsters, 'cause I'm really not buying it...

Grabbing a monster does not count as a kill, it is the killing I am talking about. Better stats -> faster kill -> less time till you can attack another one.

~Shadow

Lol, don't know if that was to me or compfreak, but anyway, maybe I should clarify. There are rates, but it becomes blurry at a certain point where it is hard to see if someone is a very hard worker, or just plain lien'.

Like you cannot say that it is impossible to kill 3 trolls in an hour with maxed stats and a decent weapon, but when you get to the upper reaches of 'facts' it is hard to prove.

Yep, it's a factor in any RS discussion, but one that can be minimized by exact rates. It's very hard to give numbers that match up across all areas of slayer if your just pulling them out of your behind.

I see you are ignoring the better methods argument and still saying everyone is talking about how fast you can click when you do an abyss/Zmi run.

All numbers and methods are detailed with efficiency calculations earlier in this thread. Argue with facts instead of throwing generic insults :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

All numbers and methods are detailed with efficiency calculations earlier in this thread. Argue with facts instead of throwing generic insults :roll:

All references made by compfreak are vague enough as to be useless. If it's so damn important, put it here or reference the exact post so we know what the hell you're talking about.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

All references made by compfreak are vague enough as to be useless. If it's so damn important, put it here or reference the exact post so we know what the hell you're talking about.

Sure. Pages 7 to 36. They deal almost exclusively with my numbers and methods. Obviously you haven't bothered to read them or you would have known beforehand =D>

DeviledEgg24.png

Ok, my what? I have not said any stats.... and I never said you were a liar, just said that saying "I am the fastest...." or whatever does not mean that I am going to believe you. Calm down.

But it pits my view of my abilities against yours, and as it's me we're talking about, it clearly defines my position and overrides your secondhand viewpoint.

Grabbing a monster does not count as a kill, it is the killing I am talking about. Better stats -> faster kill -> less time till you can attack another one.

Ever tried getting bandos KC? I'd advise trying it before you begin a debate about it. Since you obviously don't seem to know, we're talking about monsters with level 1 defence and 3-15 HP that are almost always 1 hit with 3-4 seconds spent waiting for a spawn between each kill.

DeviledEgg24.png

Agreed, but Armored Zombies still wins :P

The whole point of a Skill, is to work your way through and get the 99, thats what Runescape is all about really, because if there were no skills but monsters, Runescape would be boring..

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

Sure. Pages 7 to 36. They deal almost exclusively with my numbers and methods. Obviously you haven't bothered to read them or you would have known beforehand =D>

Pages 7 to 36. That's specific? Explains a lot.

I have read them, I just never could make any sense of what the hell you were talking about. I'll try and reread it, but I don't have much faith in understanding anything that you argue about.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

To Compfreak

Not many people would be dedicated enough to read through 580 posts just so they can see some facts.

Nice double post BTW.

Agreed, but Armored Zombies still wins :P

The whole point of a Skill, is to work your way through and get the 99, thats what Runescape is all about really, because if there were no skills but monsters, Runescape would be boring..

I don't understand grinding, it is boring, benefits you as a person in no way what so ever (except for maybe learning patience). All that for a game.... get a life ppl.

~Shadow