Cricket!

jemathonical

Hehe, I was always gonna post :P

Anyway, our selectors have it just as wrong..

Fulton? What the hell, he's failed over and over...

Elliott? He really has no use if we're not going to use him as an alrounder.

I wouldn't say to get rid of either Mike Hussey or Tait, our batsmen face 140 kmp max in our domestic games, they just can't play Tait.

Who else do you reckon could go in the NZ team?

And Tait is fast for his first over, then he slows down to 140km/h anyway. On a fast deck I'd pick him.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Nobody has bought up the Broom dismissal controversy. What a joke, I'm with Vettori, the Aussies are clearly desperate for a win and you can tell from the replays that Haddin knew what he had done. Its unfortunate that the Australian team thought that retaliating in such fierce defence of Haddin would help clear their/his name, they are just further incriminating themselves by insulting peoples character.

[yt]http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=POpUTsVaAv4[/yt]

I cant seem to use the new youtube html sorry

NICKELEY102.png

Nobody has bought up the Broom dismissal controversy. What a joke, I'm with Vettori, the Aussies are clearly desperate for a win and you can tell from the replays that Haddin knew what he had done. Its unfortunate that the Australian team thought that retaliating in such fierce defence of Haddin would help clear their/his name, they are just further incriminating themselves by insulting peoples character.

[yt]http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=POpUTsVaAv4[/yt]

I cant seem to use the new youtube html sorry

I really think Vettori went over the top (I don't like him as anything but a player, to be honest) calling him a cheat. Even the spinners arn't bowling that slow, and I know I've done it when I kept in a game where our keeper injured himself :P

Though, I do think Haddin did know something was wrong, so did Broom though.

Lots of talkback on the radio today and yesterday about it, but yeah the youtube video shos just how much the ball was missing by and how fart his gloves were in front.

And Jem, I'd have BJ Watling, and Sinclair, who had one chance to prove himself lately back.

He's the best player in NZ by a mile, even though he's failed many times.. He's averaged a rediculous amount of runs the last 2-3 years.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Here's the vid:

[yt]iBv4gq72p4M[/yt]

It's interesting how his gloves are right over, if not a bit in front of the stumps. That doesn't usually happen, so I have to say I'm suspicious about it.

Judging intent is a hard thing to do, and I'm not about to charge Haddin with being a cheat, but it does look bad for him. Vettori was within his right to question the dismissal, but if I were him I wouldn't have jumped to the conclusion that Haddin is a cheat.

Tait really isn't that bad. Compared to the other crap bowlers they're putting into the team like Hilf. And even though he drops from 150+ to 140+, 140+ is still bloody fast. I'd hate to be facing tait/lee opening.

What do you guys think about Hopes? I don't think he's too bad. I don't think Symonds should ever be allowed back into the Australia team.

I agree with Jem about Warner not playing big shots. He usually gets out when he goes to play a big shot then stops half way through the shot.

I hope the selectors regret not letting Hayden play. He had scored more runs than Hussey over the summer.

We really need more batsman that are performing. With the two Husseys out there would be endless possibilities.

Does Brad Hodge still play? I reckon we should let him 'ave another go!

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Being a keeper myself I go in the defence of Haddin. Obviously everyone knows that we have to give with the ball, and that we always have our gloves behind the ball, even if it's going to hit stumps. That ball missed the stump by the smallest of margins, and it was only the thin part of the leather that touched the bails.

He was doing everything right, he rose with the bounce and only the bottom clipped the bails.

And that ball that bowled him was a quicker one - so naturally Haddin is going to give more when he catches it.

Haddin isn't a cheat, his reaction was a bit of shock too, he knew something happened, but the umpire had given him out already and it's pretty embarrassing when you get called a no ball and it's the keeper's fault.

And I dont' rate Hopes as the greatest player in the team, but he's important to the side. A batsman who can come in and get some quick runs down the order and a handy medium pace bowler who keeps it tight. And watching the Allan Border Medal last night he has been one of the best ODI players.

And the Symonds thing - if he's playing good cricket, he should be in the team.

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

The problem is that he's not. He hardly scored anything for Queensland just recently. I don't even know why they let him come back and play aside from his status.

I think I'm starting to loose patience with Symonds. I've always been a big fan of how he plays, but his personality off-field has been detrimental to his performance on the field. I just don't think he has the right mindset to be a good player any more, let alone a productive member of the Australian team. On balance I think it was the right choice to leave him out of the South Africa tour.

For his sake I hope he proves me wrong and comes back bigger and better than ever.

The problem is that he's not. He hardly scored anything for Queensland just recently. I don't even know why they let him come back and play aside from his status.

I think I'm starting to loose patience with Symonds. I've always been a big fan of how he plays, but his personality off-field has been detrimental to his performance on the field. I just don't think he has the right mindset to be a good player any more, let alone a productive member of the Australian team. On balance I think it was the right choice to leave him out of the South Africa tour.

For his sake I hope he proves me wrong and comes back bigger and better than ever.

Yeh he's playing pretty bad at the moment, but like every cricketer, you go in and out of form. But media jump on his back and I feel sorry for him.

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Oh Yeah 2-0!

Eh Elliott proved himself then :P

im_beached_bro_beached_as.jpg

Bloody Kiwis. But at the moment, Australia sucks. Bangladesh can beat us at the moment.

I'm heaps beached bro! :lol:

Well, Bangladesh almost beat us so, yeah maybe :P

Sreriously, if you had a better bowler then Hilfenhaus, uyo'd have had a better chance.

Eh and the IPL auction, kinda suprising...

Hilfenhaus is bowling some puss. Surely there's some better bowlers in the domestic comp.

And I haven't really been following the IPL auctions, all i know is Clarke isn't playing. Which I think is good.

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Hilfenhaus is bowling some puss. Surely there's some better bowlers in the domestic comp.

And I haven't really been following the IPL auctions, all i know is Clarke isn't playing. Which I think is good.

Hello Friend,

Many play in india cricket but don't like Australian 'monkey' symonds. We beat you next time with Hilfenhaus on tour.

Good Luck Bro.

Ranked #1 Farming in India.

Baby I Just Here to Spread the Love.

Seen the Windies - England score?! :(

Anyone fancy talking me down off the roof?

Just jump. You're only going to get smashed in the Ashes mate.

On another note, thank Christ the selectors dropped Warner. He was playing like crap. Slow start for our boys today, though...

Seen the Windies - England score?! :(

Anyone fancy talking me down off the roof?

Just jump. You're only going to get smashed in the Ashes mate.

On another note, thank Christ the selectors dropped Warner. He was playing like crap. Slow start for our boys today, though...

Well played England :D.

And I think David Hussey needs to be dropped too.

And Hilfenaus.. :wall:

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

England failed, meh at least we didn't lose to Windies...(even thoiugh we lost to England...)

NZ Aus, tbh if Ross Taylor wasn't given coulda been better, but yeah, we were never gonna win, Vettori should never have bowled first :wall:

• 4 weeks later...

Felt like bumping this to say thats its pretty shocking what happened to the Sri Lankan team, Pakistan isn't going to have people touring them for a long time..

Felt like bumping this to say thats its pretty shocking what happened to the Sri Lankan team, Pakistan isn't going to have people touring them for a long time..

My thoughts exactly - I doubt anyone will tour there for a very long time.

It was a tragic event and it's lucky that none of the players or umpires were killed.

For those wondering what we're talking about, a group of terrorists attacked the Sri Lankan cricket team with AK-47s while on tour in Lahore, Pakistan. They killed around 6 people including police and a driver of one of the team's buses. It occured while on the road and it sounds like it was a calculated ambush.

My thoughts exactly - I doubt anyone will tour there for a very long time.

It was a tragic event and it's lucky that none of the players or umpires were killed.

For those wondering what we're talking about, a group of terrorists attacked the Sri Lankan cricket team with AK-47s while on tour in Lahore, Pakistan. They killed around 6 people including police and a driver of one of the team's buses. It occured while on the road and it sounds like it was a calculated ambush.

Yeah 2 players got shot, very lucky as they wern't major.

And 3 of them had shrapnel in them, the attack apparantly was to attack the coach, which sounded a little weird, so not sure if its true.

They were lucky, all the hand grenades missed or didn't go off and a rocket barely missed the teams bus. (according to what I just read anyway)