Cricket!

jemathonical

hmmm.... all the umpires survived.... so did the cricket team luckily... :| no chance for now for pakistan to have a chance at holding the world cup match. Well... that's their problem not ours.. and cricket is ftw ;) to bad for Ouchy_S' mum (he's mah friend :P) at least i'm allowed to play cricket ;)

"It's better to let people assume that you're an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it beyond all doubt"

~Mark Twain

Purex213.png

Click to view my blogeh and leave a message over there while your at it :twss:

Help me find a good world to sell things on runescape! :twss:

Uh, i'm the only non-indian on our US school's cricket club/cricket team. I suck but they needed somebody else. I know how to polay but have no understanding of professional cricket.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

Uh, i'm the only non-indian on our US school's cricket club/cricket team. I suck but they needed somebody else. I know how to polay but have no understanding of professional cricket.

That's a problem :shock:

"It's better to let people assume that you're an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it beyond all doubt"

~Mark Twain

Purex213.png

Click to view my blogeh and leave a message over there while your at it :twss:

Help me find a good world to sell things on runescape! :twss:

I don't know what teams, what the leagues are like etc. I know how to play. ;)

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

I reckon NZ had a chance if Munaf Patel hadn't been kicked out of the bowling attack by the umpires :lol:

Except for McCullum, Ryder and Mills was pretty pathetic though.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Yay, NZ won!

But I missed almost the whole game playing our first cricket match of the summer....

I opened and faced first ball (not my usual position!).Scored 7 in the end. I swear it pitched outside leg, but whatever, I'm like that, make excuses for anything. I was seeing it bloody well, which is why I'm angry......

Didn't bowl, we destroyed em in about 16 overs....

Waiting for highlights of NZ game now.

I just want The Ashes to start.

Now. :)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I just want The Ashes to start.

Now. :)

Yeah that'd be ok, they actually show the ashes on TV here, unlike anything else that ain't NZ related.

(sometimes they show random series like SA vs ENG, but they won't sho Aus vs SA)

NZ doing bad, Vettori and Ryder were good though :)

That's cuz nz failz.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Oh, god, my mate is obsessed with cricket, and I fail to see how people even like it, I mean, it's more boring than golf imo.

I do know most of the rules about cricket though, so it's not going to be easy to tell me I dont like it cause i dont know it >.>

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Oh, god, my mate is obsessed with cricket, and I fail to see how people even like it, I mean, it's more boring than golf imo.

I do know most of the rules about cricket though, so it's not going to be easy to tell me I dont like it cause i dont know it >.>

You don't like it cause you don't know it.

That was easy man.

No seriously, I think you either like it or ya don't.

^Yeah, but I wanna know what people see in it.

Imo, there's really nothing bad about playing it yourself with friends or a team you're on, but wtf makes people want to watch it on tv? =S.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Imo, there's really nothing bad about playing it yourself with friends or a team you're on, but wtf makes people want to watch it on tv? =S.

I don't usually watch much of a test match on TV, but ODI or t20 is pretty exiting, especially when its tense.

I actually have no idea what makes it exiting to watch it, but oh well. Just you never know whats gonna happen or something like it, dunno.

The first thing for me would be the competition of it. Even though a test match goes for a max of 5 days, there can be some tense moments of competition throughout. Indeed, the best competitions tend to go down to the final sessions of the 5th day. No doubt there are bland patches throughout a test match as well, but I'll often have the cricket on in the background anyway.

As for T/20, it's generally an action packed slog-fest, which is always exciting to watch unless you just really don't like the game of cricket at all.

The second thing is seeing players from your team doing well. In a test match there's bound to be some great individual performances, whether it's with the ball or the bat, and those are always good to see. I think most people who like sport are impressed by good sportsmanship, especially when the performance is for your team, and the same goes for cricket.

There's almost something artistic about a cleanly hit cover-drive that goes for 4. It's like a perfectly placed kick to a winger to score a try, a goal in soccer, a 3 pointer in basketball or a home run in baseball. Any true sports fan can appreciate those kind of things.

lol@ the Windies' coach, lucky he doesn't coach a team from the Indian subcontinent, some crazy fan woulda literally killed him.

Yeah that was a big fail :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

My Cricket team aren't going too well, just started the season, had 3 games, two losses, one draw because of a washout. So yeah :(

I did pretty well in both games though (the draw and one loss), another loss I was sick for. In the loss (which was the third game) I bowled 2/12 off 5 and I got 3 consecutive catches in the draw. Hoping that I can keep going strong throughout the season, and we make it into the finals. It's my last season of juniors, then I move onto seniors.

And about T/20, I don't believe that Cricket should be a slog-fest, where you race to get the biggest score possible; I just reckon the game should be played with finesse, and T/20 doesn't really do anything for the game. But it is fun to watch.

disturbeda.png

Last Cricket match I went to watch was at Old Trafford and the Aussies were to afraid to play because the pitch got a little wet in in the morning, the sun was shining bright and they went out to inspect the pitch and Aussie captian pulled a face and said he would not play on that pitch. Come on the sun was burning your eyes out. Were they afraid of losing.

Just the one game so far this season, before we move to a different city.

Playing at a different club, still reserve grade though I'm bowling very well and I would have a possible chance of making the top team if we wern't moving :P

Last game I was getting some pretty good pace going, figures 0/16 off 6 (before game was rained off), which isn't bad considering I had 10 off my first 2. No bat because of rain.

Looking forward to Saturday :)

And they ain't showing Aus/India on tv, wtf.. Oh well NZ/Pak early November.

The Australia v India was an amazing game...Should've seen it Doomy.. :thumbsup: (yay for cable)

RIP Michaelangelopolous