Cricket!

jemathonical

I've never seen international teams agree on floodlights in a day match. How often does that happen?

Well, Dhoni said that there was going to be a light issue.

Thats what i was meaning, I'm just saying what I've read off cricinfo :P

Oh also I wonder if Zimbabwe's collapse of 7 wickets for 3 runs is a record :P

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Australia won. Too easy fellas. Good on Mitchell Johnson getting 5 for.

I played today in a 2 week game - bat 55 overs one week field 55 next.

I lost the toss and we were sent in to bat in a steaming hot day with 80%+ humidity. Disgraceful weather. Slow outfield. It wasn't a good toss to lose.

I went in at about the 7th over and had to consolodate the innings. It was by far the hottest I have ever been while playing cricket and needed water every 6 overs. I batted for about 3 hours in this atrocious weather and doing all the runs with ones and twos. With 15 overs remaining and wickets in hand it was time to push the run rate.

I started hitting the ball cleaner and in no time I was in the nervous 90's. The field had dried up a bit and the balls ran to the boundary for once.

On 93 I did a drop and run and I ran down the middle of the to block the keeper from hitting my stumps I was running at. I turned around to check where the keeper was and as I turned around I must have planted my left foot in a divot in the pitch and snapped my knee again. (I already have a torn ACL, strap it every game). I heard that sickening clicking noise and went to the ground in pain. It was all over. Retired hurt on 93. Bloody heartbroken. One for the knee injury (might be torn medial), and two for missing out on an inevitable ton.

It's a cruel game

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Australia won. Too easy fellas. Good on Mitchell Johnson getting 5 for.

I played today in a 2 week game - bat 55 overs one week field 55 next.

I lost the toss and we were sent in to bat in a steaming hot day with 80%+ humidity. Disgraceful weather. Slow outfield. It wasn't a good toss to lose.

I went in at about the 7th over and had to consolodate the innings. It was by far the hottest I have ever been while playing cricket and needed water every 6 overs. I batted for about 3 hours in this atrocious weather and doing all the runs with ones and twos. With 15 overs remaining and wickets in hand it was time to push the run rate.

I started hitting the ball cleaner and in no time I was in the nervous 90's. The field had dried up a bit and the balls ran to the boundary for once.

On 93 I did a drop and run and I ran down the middle of the to block the keeper from hitting my stumps I was running at. I turned around to check where the keeper was and as I turned around I must have planted my left foot in a divot in the pitch and snapped my knee again. (I already have a torn ACL, strap it every game). I heard that sickening clicking noise and went to the ground in pain. It was all over. Retired hurt on 93. Bloody heartbroken. One for the knee injury (might be torn medial), and two for missing out on an inevitable ton.

It's a cruel game

Hell yeah, I'm really happy for Johnson - every such performance proves to the selectors that he's Aussie test team material. Good on him. Well done to the Aussies as well of course.

Sorry to hear about your injury too, mate. Sounds painful.

Oh also I wonder if Zimbabwe's collapse of 7 wickets for 3 runs is a record :P

I believe it's the worst ODI collapse ever. Test match wise I still think Englands collapse at Adeliade Oval, 9/70, ranks up there with some of the worst.

From memory the best, by ecconomy, would be the 3-wicket hauls/over with another in the next which usually seem to float around the 3 or 4/15-ish.

Edit: I just checked, and the game which gave birth to the Ashes wasn't much worse (England collapsed 9/77).

Edit 2: And just for reference, test match collapses seem to float around the <3-5>/ results when it comes to absolute worst based on ecconomy of the collapse.

NZ isn't going to stand a chance against Aus, we have a a hugely inexperiences side and some terrible selectors. Come on, stop picking the players who have failed over an dover again and try some new blood? Young guys are out there, scoring runs time and time again and we keep picking Peter Fulton? Sorry, he's been out of form for a long time, and is 29 now, no real point keeping him there. or Aaron Redmond, lose him, he isn't even an opener. Give a guy like Greg Hay, or even younger guys like Kane Williamson or Corey J Anderson a go in a few years time, they've been doing well and are both only just 18 years old, they are almost definates for the future. Good thing Tim Southee gets a go though.

Nz have a hugely inexperienced side, about ~8 of their players played under 10 tests and are young. (Taylor 24, Ryder 24, Flynn 23, Southee 19), but could be very good players in the future :P

And myself, would rather not talk about the game I had on Saturday, I'll just say i got the most rediculously amazing ball first up from the fastest bowler in the tournament. I'm not just saying that either, I w as told that by a few people :x

Did you get bowled? There's nothing worse then facing your first ball from a quick bowler and he is spot on target. Much easier to leave it :P

Yup, I played a block shot down the wrong line completely, swung away, pitched on leg and seamed straight across me and cliped the side of off stump, right up the top :S Seamed and swung heaps, it actually looked like it was a leg side wide.

Really sucked too, because he then bowled 2 overs without bowling one on the sumps.

Ah well, not my first golden so oh well.

Did you get bowled? There's nothing worse then facing your first ball from a quick bowler and he is spot on target. Much easier to leave it :P

Yup, I played a block shot down the wrong line completely, swung away, pitched on leg and seamed straight across me and cliped the side of off stump, right up the top :S Seamed and swung heaps, it actually looked like it was a leg side wide.

Really sucked too, because he then bowled 2 overs without bowling one on the sumps.

Sounds like an impossible ball to play. At least you got out on a pearler. Better than getting bowled a full toss from a spinner and missing that :P

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Sounds like an impossible ball to play. At least you got out on a pearler. Better than getting bowled a full toss from a spinner and missing that :P

I've done that before :P

2 years ago, twice, in a row.

Another easy win for Australia.

Brett Lee grabbed 5/105. I think New Zealand batted poorly, only McCullum getting some runs.

I never knew Haddin could bat that good either. He absolutely smoked them.

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Oh my god. Cricket talk is confusing. :lol:

Hah, it would be too someone with little knowledge of it. But then again, I could so that Grid Iron or the like is confusing, as I don't play it.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Oh my god. Cricket talk is confusing. :lol:

Hah, it would be too someone with little knowledge of it. But then again, I could so that Grid Iron or the like is confusing, as I don't play it.

I only really play baseball so that the only rules I know really well.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Another easy win for Australia.

Brett Lee grabbed 5/105. I think New Zealand batted poorly, only McCullum getting some runs.

I never knew Haddin could bat that good either. He absolutely smoked them.

Yeh that was pretty terrible...

So New Zealand failed?

Nothing I wasn't expecting..

Haddin's 169 was brilliant.

As was Brett Lee's bowling, who ended up getting man of the match?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

NZ failing against Aus is still better than England being thrashed 5-0 in India in ODIs. Given, we're more of a test team, but it could have been worse had the last two matches not been called off owing to the Mumbai attacks. Not even Pietersen can save us now. :?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watching Aus vs. South Africa in Perth? How good is Mitchell Johnson right now - 8/61 first innings bowling figures. Bloody brilliant. :thumbup:

The commentators said it was something like the 6th best bowling performance by any Aussie in a test match innings.