Cricket!

jemathonical

I don't agree with the bowling line-up we've had lately but the media screaming for players to be sacked is pathetic. It's great that other countries are finally able to fight back and fight hard; our line-up hasn't changed that much in the last few years but other teams have had some fairly big changes to their teams and the AUS selectors really haven't adjusted to this.

• 2 weeks later...

Great win today by the Aussies. I was following it as much as I could at work on cricinfo and it sounded pretty tough. A good grinding victory by Australia.

And I just gained even more respect for Smith, that's tough batting with a broken finger.

Australia is still number 1, baby!

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Great win today by the Aussies. I was following it as much as I could at work on cricinfo and it sounded pretty tough. A good grinding victory by Australia.

And I just gained even more respect for Smith, that's tough batting with a broken finger.

Australia is still number 1, baby!

Hell yeah, the crowd gave Smith a standing ovation for being so courageous. It definitely made for a great climax to the match. Thankfully Johnson knocked his stumps over a few overs from the end of play.

Good to hear how well the McGrath foundation did as well. :thumbup:

Yea, Smith batting with a broken finger was a top effort. I still can't get over how he tried to keep going when it did happen... took him like 5 attempts with the glove before he finally decided he wasn't getting his hand back in there to keep batting. Tough man.

English cricket just in [bleep]ing dissaray, wtf is actually going on, KP throwing his toys out of the pram and Moores is just [bleep]ing inept.

Gotta love this quote from the Your Say on the BBC website:

Just as the Australian team looks to be at its weakest in a quarter of a century, English cricket has taken careful aim and shot itself in both feet

:mrgreen:

iteme3721.jpg

Smith, bloody hell, gotta commend somebody facing a bowlder like Mitchell Johnson with a broken hand and his elbow...

And NZ won a game...Yay, 1-1 now, when we face India we're screwed :lol:

I honestly don't get why everyones saying Aus isn't the number 1 side, I'd say they are, they never really performed bad, even though they lost.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

The twenty/20 should be awsome!

I managed to get tickets yesterday :D

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Which twenty20?

To be honest, I dont think the windies have been a decent match for the black caps, if Gayle doesnt fire they just fall over, I guess Sarwan is ok as well though. NZ should have smashed them with the strength we have in our middle order and our decent bowlers.

I loved the one over smash-off for the draw though, despite Gayle thrashing us

NICKELEY102.png

To be honest, I dont think the windies have been a decent match for the black caps, if Gayle doesnt fire they just fall over, I guess Sarwan is ok as well though. NZ should have smashed them with the strength we have in our middle order and our decent bowlers.

I loved the one over smash-off for the draw though, despite Gayle thrashing us

We're just that awesome. :P

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Yeh it will be great fun. I wanna see that young fella Warner tee off. He's been smoking them at state level, see how he goes here

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Warner did a pretty good job last night. Good on him. Don't pull your face or the wind will change... Yes I watched a game of cricket. Hopefully they'll give him a permanent spot over from the NSW team.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Who else saw Warner kill South Africa last night? That was just brutal. You couldn't help but laugh when he was smashing Steyn 20 rows back.

It was a great match. Duminy did really well for South Africa, too.

Yeh he was playing really smart cricket. 1's and 2's nearly every ball with a boundary here and there, and was consistantly getting 10 runs an over.

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Warners innings was sweet, what a debut eh?

Already signed for the IPL as well.

Duminy's shot over the keeper was pretty amazing also...

And Shaun Tait, 156ks, jesus, gotta feel sorry for AB De villiers, he was made to look a bit stupid there :P

10 mins to next t20!

Oh and NZ Windies, rain affected...Again...It never rains in Napier, what the hell...ANd Christchurch has been 40+ degrees constantly lately, but it rained on the cricket day...They really failed, 1 day either way and they wouldn't have 1 rain affected match...

Chanderpauls reverse swept 6 was pretty awesome, and Gayle 135...Well.

And the start to NZ's innings, McCullum, RYder and Guptill were amazing to watch.

And at least we won the series...

I wish I lived in a city where they play Domestic or International cricket, they really could do it, if the council didn't invest in a huge indoor arena, which wasn't even needed instead of just working on the already existing cricket ground...

• 3 weeks later...
Oh yeah, go NZ.

Even though some terrible umpiring.. Pushes the case for technology...

Dammit I knew you would post Doomy :lol:

Yeh it was a harsh call but at the time and with the speed of it all you couldn't not give it out bowled.

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Our summer has been falling apart, especially over the past few one dayers.

I have to say that Warner has been massively underwhelming ever since that 20/20 at the MCG. I think people bought in the hype a bit too much.

Ah well. Who else is good enough to take his place 'cept for Mr Watson?

Where is Watson these days anyway? Out for a few months with something like a hamstring injury?

Also, it seems like Australia lost about two of the ODI's against RSA because of Hilfy getting whacked around..usually by Morkel.

And Doomy....NZ still fail. <3

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Why is Dave Hussey in the team? Give him the flick.

Same with Michael Hussey and Shaun Tait.

Our bowling attack needs something else - how about a proper spinner? The reason we lost the ODI's is because South Africa had Botha and Duminy keeping us quiet and NZ have Patel and Vettori.

And something has definately changed since Neilson took over the coaching. Instead of whacking the crap out the ball, we'd rather work it around for singles. The shot I hate most is the late cut down to third man. And Dave Hussey was bowled out on a full toss trying to do that. What happened to smashing that crap?

The mentality is all wrong in the side. We aren't even playing confident cricket. Warner needs to walk out there, rape that ball and get Australia on a roll.

newsigzl2.jpg

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Hehe, I was always gonna post :P

Anyway, our selectors have it just as wrong..

Fulton? What the hell, he's failed over and over...

Elliott? He really has no use if we're not going to use him as an alrounder.

I wouldn't say to get rid of either Mike Hussey or Tait, our batsmen face 140 kmp max in our domestic games, they just can't play Tait.