Possible Jagex Conspiracy...

I've been doing alot of thinking about this, and I am 100% serious in what I'm about to say.

Everyday we hear about people being hacked, with all of their items stolen. Now we always blame other players, as this is the logical explanation. Some player was greedy, guessed your password through a key logger from an autoer you "didn't use" and stole your items.

But, what about those who truely dont have a keylogger, or any other virus. What about those who have perfectly clean computers, and a password that is a bunch of random numbers, that could not possibly be guessed. With this in mind, I propose my theory.

I believe Jagex is behind some of Runescape's hackings. Crazy as it may sound, I have my reasons.

1. Players are becoming too rich. People are walking around with Millions upon millions of gp and items. The economy is going to hell, and soon the game will be pointless as everyone will be able to buy their way to lvl 99 stats. If jagex could just, "take a little money out of the game" they could control the market and the amount of cash in the game. I mean, what did they make the 20gp charge to use Shilo's furnace for? Too take money out of the game. There are other examples where money is taken from players and given back to the database. By taking back some of their own items from players, they can take huge chunks of cash out of the game, making the money sum smaller in a very short amount of time.

2. A sub point 1, items such as Party Hats are no longer in existance. If some of them were to be taken back by jagex, money would be stripped from the worlds. Sure, hats would jump greatly in price for a little while because of this, but that can only go on for so long. What happens when all the hats are gone? By taking discontinued ares out of the game, Jagex can take value out as well. I mean, a silly blue hat is worth like 80mil...just think what would happen if they hacked Duke Freedom's bank.

3. Jagex can legally take these items back. Your account is their property, and they can do anything they wish to it. If they want to ban you, you're banned. If they want your items, they are theres. They have full freedom to take back what they gave you, so why not do it?

Jagex has made attempts to take money out of the game to solve the economy problems, and what better way is there than to hack players?

Sure, people will quit because of it...but frankly I havent seen very many members being hacked...its usually just the f2p people, which makes me believe more in what im saying, as f2p people dont help jagex out at all except for word of mouth.

Discuss.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

legally it makes sence I wouldnt call it hacking then though.

but the very same action is going on in china right now, and many farmers revolted when the goverment took their land and didnt supply suffecient compensation, it was quite a bloody fight with many deaths during the battle, and more from the executions. Of course the one non communist place in china was outraged by this and there is now a very heavy weight that comes with the very aggresive arguements.

so I dont think rs is taking this risk and wouldnt they hit they heavy packers first and take out as much as they can

I've been doing alot of thinking about this, and I am 100% serious in what I'm about to say.

Everyday we hear about people being hacked, with all of their items stolen. Now we always blame other players, as this is the logical explanation. Some player was greedy, guessed your password through a key logger from an autoer you "didn't use" and stole your items.

But, what about those who truely dont have a keylogger, or any other virus. What about those who have perfectly clean computers, and a password that is a bunch of random numbers, that could not possibly be guessed. With this in mind, I propose my theory.

I believe Jagex is behind some of Runescape's hackings. Crazy as it may sound, I have my reasons.

1. Players are becoming too rich. People are walking around with Millions upon millions of gp and items. The economy is going to hell, and soon the game will be pointless as everyone will be able to buy their way to lvl 99 stats. If jagex could just, "take a little money out of the game" they could control the market and the amount of cash in the game. I mean, what did they make the 20gp charge to use Shilo's furnace for? Too take money out of the game. There are other examples where money is taken from players and given back to the database. By taking back some of their own items from players, they can take huge chunks of cash out of the game, making the money sum smaller in a very short amount of time.

2. A sub point 1, items such as Party Hats are no longer in existance. If some of them were to be taken back by jagex, money would be stripped from the worlds. Sure, hats would jump greatly in price for a little while because of this, but that can only go on for so long. What happens when all the hats are gone? By taking discontinued ares out of the game, Jagex can take value out as well. I mean, a silly blue hat is worth like 80mil...just think what would happen if they hacked Duke Freedom's bank.

3. Jagex can legally take these items back. Your account is their property, and they can do anything they wish to it. If they want to ban you, you're banned. If they want your items, they are theres. They have full freedom to take back what they gave you, so why not do it?

Jagex has made attempts to take money out of the game to solve the economy problems, and what better way is there than to hack players?

Sure, people will quit because of it...but frankly I havent seen very many members being hacked...its usually just the f2p people, which makes me believe more in what im saying, as f2p people dont help jagex out at all except for word of mouth.

Discuss.

Gah... then how come the very rich people and the ones with a bunch of rares (they are the players who would affect the economy if stripped of everything) do NOT get hacked ? They tend to know how valuable their account and items are.

About point 3, they can just delete the items and post about it. Not through hacking.

You fail to remember that a lot of people who get hacked quit. Which means Jagex loses $5 a month from them. They're a company, they care about that more than the RS economy. They don't hack players. :roll:

I don't think JAGeX would steal player's items because this would make people extremely angry with JAGeX and stop playing. Also as a result of this people would no longer trust JAGeX. If JAGeX really do want to fix up the economy they would probably take rares out and leave owners with a few mill to compensate or make them all non tradeable.

Domovoi123-Level 80 f2p

Noxious 0ne-Level 46 f2p

:shock: Talk about sherlock holmes investigation this guy has gone mad! i agree i don't think JaGeX would do that to there players, and if they did....well they just did. But you can't forget intellectual grown-ups and mastermind children play this game too. Those are the real "pc-nerds" that know how to "really" hack and figure out passwords. Because if you look at it all humans think alike when it comes to creating a name...you'll be like aw man it's already been taken. Some people just know how to think like that with passowrds too. And those are the ones i fear. :twisted:

<-------See that lil guy in my avatar... Hes gonna tap dance all over this thread *edit*

I give this post 10min before its locked or flamed to hell

well its been 6 hours.

you fail to remember that its not considered hacking. These items belong to jagex. If people "quit" so what, they always come back...very few people actually quit, I know I didnt. Some times they even leave the player with some items. Like there was one "hacker" who didnt take anything, just logged in and out of someones account.

Keep discussing, someone else might have other evidence

This sounds like a personal problem that has happened to you more then once, dont blame JaGeX for your losses. This is utterly ridiculous, you should just be banned for even thinking this up, that's how crazy it is.

another thing....it's bad to watch too much television....kills the brain.

first off runescape has no real hacker players yet. they are all meerly lucky lil kids, or a someone who took javascript in hs (not a very high number) and those who do have real programming skills dont take the time to cypher through runescapes millions of files.

<-------See that lil guy in my avatar... Hes gonna tap dance all over this thread *edit*

well its been 6 hours.

you fail to remember that its not considered hacking. These items belong to jagex. If people "quit" so what, they always come back...very few people actually quit, I know I didnt. Some times they even leave the player with some items. Like there was one "hacker" who didnt take anything, just logged in and out of someones account.

YOU came back, not everyone else is you. Contrary to what you just said, people do quit after getting hacked. Particularly in your scenario, since the hacked player would have had a bunch of rares. It's easier to start again when you're low-lvl. Not when you had a bunch of rares.

Crim_nimora, all they do is keylog (or even guess the passwords).

well he has a point that the amount of rares in the market is going down due to hacks, which means jagex has them or there is one great rare tycoon that hacked alot of sn's and is waiting for the market to skyrocket.

also thats exactly what I said there are no REAL hackers

I know that's what you said. I wasn't contradicting you.

And no, it's not people with rares who get hacked. It's every kind of player. If anything, the ones with valuable items know what they're doing and that they need to protect their accounts.

This sounds like a personal problem that has happened to you more then once, dont blame JaGeX for your losses. This is utterly ridiculous, you should just be banned for even thinking this up, that's how crazy it is.

another thing....it's bad to watch too much television....kills the brain.

i was hacked once by a 'friend'...so its not a personal problem.

they cant ban me for being suspicious....its just an idea...im allowed to think

I don't think JAGeX would steal player's items because this would make people extremely angry with JAGeX and stop playing. Also as a result of this people would no longer trust JAGeX. If JAGeX really do want to fix up the economy they would probably take rares out and leave owners with a few mill to compensate or make them all non tradeable.

And people don't trust Jagex already.

Listen, Jagex is a company. They probally don't care about a video game's economy. All they care about is getting $5 a month from every single member.

100combat7xp.gif

Don't free Durial. Put this in your sig if you believe in justice.

well its been 6 hours.

YOU came back, not everyone else is you. Contrary to what you just said, people do quit after getting hacked. Particularly in your scenario, since the hacked player would have had a bunch of rares. It's easier to start again when you're low-lvl. Not when you had a bunch of rares.

Crim_nimora, all they do is keylog (or even guess the passwords).

I said that I didnt quit, but I wasnt referring to being hacked. Sure I was hacked at around lvl 85 for millions...and I did quit for a year after that...but I came back and made new accounts, because I couldnt help it. I had rares...quite a bit...but I was hacked by a friend, so my case is different.

Gah... then how come the very rich people and the ones with a bunch of rares (they are the players who would affect the economy if stripped of everything) do NOT get hacked ? They tend to know how valuable their account and items are.

Wouldn't that be a little obvious? I mean, if Jagex targeted only the insanely rich players, it wouldn't take a CSI detective to figure out something was wrong, and there'd be mass quittings as a result. If they targeted the middle-class players and hit one or two rich people once in a while, then it'd be less obvious.

Assuming, of course, that justagame's conspiracy theory is correct. I don't know if it is or not, so I'm of a neutral opinion on it, but these days, I wouldn't be all that surprised if it were true. If it is, then I'm glad I'm not rich, or even mildly wealthy.

--Darg--

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

I said that I didnt quit, but I wasnt referring to being hacked. Sure I was hacked at around lvl 85 for millions...and I did quit for a year after that...but I came back and made new accounts, because I couldnt help it. I had rares...quite a bit...but I was hacked by a friend, so my case is different.

How is that different ? Jagex still lost their $5/month from you for 12 months. You've just proved my point. And please don't tell me $60 is nothing to them, because we're talking about more than just you here. Quitting, permanently or for a while, after being hacked, does mean a loss of money for Jagex. Look at the size of the RS population. It adds up quickly.

Wouldn't that be a little obvious? I mean, if Jagex targeted only the insanely rich players, it wouldn't take a CSI detective to figure out something was wrong, and there'd be mass quittings as a result. If they targeted the middle-class players and hit one or two rich people once in a while, then it'd be less obvious.

Assuming, of course, that justagame's conspiracy theory is correct. I don't know if it is or not, so I'm of a neutral opinion on it, but these days, I wouldn't be all that surprised if it were true. If it is, then I'm glad I'm not rich, or even mildly wealthy.

--Darg--

Well I don't see too many rich merchanters posting about getting hacked... I see a lot of "I lost my set of full rune !1". Not everyone, but a lot of it.

How is that different ? Jagex still lost their $5/month from you for 12 months. You've just proved my point. And please don't tell me $60 is nothing to them, because we're talking about more than just you here. Quitting, permanently or for a while, after being hacked, does mean a loss of money for Jagex. Look at the size of the RS population.

you assume Im p2p...as I was f2p rsc when that happened

How is that different ? Jagex still lost their $5/month from you for 12 months. You've just proved my point. And please don't tell me $60 is nothing to them, because we're talking about more than just you here. Quitting, permanently or for a while, after being hacked, does mean a loss of money for Jagex. Look at the size of the RS population.

you assume Im p2p...as I was f2p rsc when that happened

Then they lost the little bit of ad money they got off you. The idea of them hacking players is ludicrous.

remember that hackers would check the person they hack first, looking at bank sales and drop partys first,that would make sence... this could be possible and i think this could solvce the problem, jagex doesnt get affected by 500 f2p leaving since there are allways new players coming.

--Darg--

ashmsig1uq.png

overseerlp5.png

R.I.P. Shiva and Steve

You forget that members pay $5.00 (Some pay up to $11.00 from what I am told) a month to earn the items and money they get. So, in a way, it isn't REALLY legal for Jagex to "hack" peoples' accounts.

Now, also needed to say. Jagex, whether any of you are willing to believe it or not...is a company. They could care less about the Runescape economy if it meant they were making an extra $5.00 a month. If what you say IS true (Which, by God I'll shoot myself cold in the eye if it is) and people found out that Jagex is a cold-hearted "thieving company" then they may quit...quitting would continue until BOOM...Jagex just lost about 1 million dollars every month...possible more.

My point is, that as clever and "entertaining" as your idea is, it's not legitimate. You've got literally not one shred of proof to back up anything you said. I for one, will continue to stay away from hackers, auto-loggers, ect ect. Hell, I've been staying away from them for 7 YEARS of online gaming and not even ONCE have I been "hacked."

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png