Great orb project.

sarg1010

Ok. This is a mix of a rant and suggestions for this game.

I play GoP alot, free ess ftw, but its so stupid getting paired with stupid people :evil:

Ok... the rant...

First round of the game, green team is doing better than the yellow, so everyone on yellow quits. Game ends, Green doesn't get anything yet they still won.

Suggestions...

Fix this. We won, we should get atleast 500 tokens or something, they quit! We didn't!

Also, add a rating system, then we won't get paired with idiots who try and "help"* you...

Ammount of times you bring an orb to the altar, the ammount of times you win can help raise it, while trying to "help"* decreases it.

*(by help, I mean run over to you, start attracting your orb while you are replleing it towards the altar...wasting time he could've spent getting a different orb.)

Remember kids, golden rule of GoP: Don't help if your not needed!!! TY.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I agree that some people need to realize they need to take a breather... but Jagex did a poll on "how do you like minigames?" - I think this decided how GoP was made.

I agree that people who leave should get larger penalties, or people who stay get rewarded much better.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Hear hear, now lets get a jagex admin to notice this idea.

I think it would be much better if jagex takes all portals, except the last goal, away so no one can quit during/after the game. This way, they would have stick to the end of the game.

aalelaabm.jpg

The Haraguroi Club: Where Yandere Thrive for Chopping

No.

PIcture this. You pair up with clannies. Then both teams takes turn quitting, giving everyone pretty much unlimited tokens.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

• 5 months later...

bit of a mixed bag.

you cant just have a reward for winning if they quit. this is because people in clans will just take turns in quitting and the rewards would stack up! This COULD be rebuked by saying you can only get this once a hour, but that is just stupid in the context of this.

the other suggestion was that you have to have it so that you cant leave the game until the end of the minigame, would this be including logging off?

if these problems can be avoided, then you can have my support

Yes. Im a low level F2P, but its ok because Jesus loves me

Blackey120.png

Blackey120.png

245b84963c.png

Member of the Runescape Order of Jedi Knights|Click here for forums

Hmm.

What about removing the forfeit portals during the minigame? That will make fair games in GOP.

And if the players destroy their wands, it will just give them a disadvantage (not being able to use it) instead of automatically quitting.

Same for games like FOG. (Removing the forfeit cave)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

meh...there's another bug in the gop that really annoys me...when those orbs get stuck in certain spots in certain rounds. yesterday i was playing a round, other team was ahead by 1, we had 2 orbs glitch and were stuck in the same spot. We darned well could've won if that didn't happen

div>

Thats because its a very fustrating game.

Il give you an example.

Yellow. Green.

Air: 20 orbs. 23 orbs.

Mind: 3 orbs. 7 orbs.

Water: 15 orbs. 17 orbs.

Earth: 4 orbs, 5 orbs.

Fire: 14 orbs. 18 orbs.

Body: 16 orbs. 20 orbs.

Chaos: 7 orbs. 9 orbs.

Nature: 12 orbs. 14 orbs.

Yellow total 91 orbs, yet they get like 60 tokens.

Green total 113 orbs, they get like 1k tokens.

Exmaple 2.

Yellow. Green.

Air: 17 orbs. 16 orbs. Y

Mind: 4 orbs. 8 orbs. G

Water: 20 orbs. 19 orbs. Y

Earth: 2 orbs, 2 orbs. Y/G

Fire: 20 orbs. 28 orbs. G

Body: 17 orbs. 10 orbs. Y

Chaos: 7 orbs. 10 orbs. G

Nature: 6 orbs. 26 orbs. G

Yellow total 93 orbs.

Green total 119 orbs.

See, theres very little difference in total score, yet the first game, yellow gets &*((( over, and the in the 2nd game, they both get a decent amount of tokens.

I think the scoring systems very flawed, and if the other teams better than you, you basically always get like 60 points, no matter how close you are to beating them at each altar.

O.O

Instead of a ranking system, maybe they should just give you your own little elitist world. Or just force you to always be on a team by yourself. No stupid people trying to help you then. Maybe JaGEx should even invest some of their millions into cloning, just for you.

People are stupid because they try to help...

No.

People new to the minigame are inexperienced. They will get the hang of what direction the orbs move and where, when to use repel instead of attract, where to stand, everything, with time. Just like any other aspect of the game. GOP isn't BA; there isn't a hyped up 'super useful' reward like the Fighter Torso that will bring in tons of people who really could care less about the actual minigame.

The people at GOP actually want to be there.

I do however agree that if the other team quits after a round has been finished, you should be given tokens based on how many rounds you've completed. Also, if the majority of your team quits but you have won some rounds you should have the option of aborting and still getting points for the rounds you've won.

2dgucz6.png

All for the rating system.

But in all honesty, if you play outside of a 50/50 world, you're telling everyone that you're playing for fun and don't care as much about the rewards. If you really are so focused on rewards, go to a 50/50 world like w7. Otherwise, just have fun.