Does anyone know of any French clan chats?

Obtaurian

If you can't find one, why not start your own and advertise it?

It'd be nice to have more advertised multilingual clan chats.

Beats boring old English. :thumbsup:

Haha, maybe I should. I'm actually American, learning French, so I think it may be a little strange for me of all people to start one. But, it wouldn't hurt. Where would I advertise it? Hmmmm.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I can't remember if it's on here of the RSOF, but I saw a sticky once advertising clan chats.

Also you could put it in your signature, with an image. :thumbsup:

Maybe I should make a Spanish one! (Even though i'm Scottish -.- ).

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

Get some people that speak fluent French to moderate?

Just got to find someone then.

This is where I write to Jagex and ask them to release Runescape in French.

EDIT: Apparently they ARE translating it to French!

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Jagex is releasing a french version soon, so that will help. Honestly though, if you want to practise your french, I recommend going on french internet forums, the RS filtrer blocks a lot of french words, and french internet slang is horrible. For instance,

-"chu pas sur se ke je vai faire aujordui"

-"pk?"

-"ben avec lupdate pis le novo monstre, choisi koi?"

-"mdr, ben moii jvai aller manger la" "

-"ok a tantot"

Which would be..:

-"Je ne suis pas certain quoi faire aujourd'hui"

-"Pourquoi?"

-"Bien, entre la mise à jour et le nouveau monstre, que choisir?"

-"Lol, moi je vais aller manger maintenant"

-"D'accord, à plus tard"

Runescape is a great choice if you want to learn how to write and talk french badly, but not if you want to learn the language properly. On french internet forums, the french tend to be real grammar nazis, which is good if you want to learn to write properly. I'm french, it's my first language, you can always pm me if you want to talk french I guess o__O

I was in a French Clan chat on a Bandos trip.

They surrendered.

And proceeded to go steal all your wives. :twss:

2480+ total

Get some people that speak fluent French to moderate?

Just got to find someone then.

This is where I write to Jagex and ask them to release Runescape in French.

EDIT: Apparently they ARE translating it to French!

if u need help i can speak french, and u can probably find some french speaking people on Canadian worlds. and yes the censor has some issues with french especially with "assez" which means, enough in English. you can see why the word is blocked by the censors

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

if u need help i can speak french, and u can probably find some french speaking people on Canadian worlds. and yes the censor has some issues with french especially with "assez" which means, enough in English. you can see why the word is blocked by the censors

Hmm...i went on the Canadian worlds and they mostly seemed to be speaking English.

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.

Hmm...i went on the Canadian worlds and they mostly seemed to be speaking English.

i said probably find, if u go on Canadian world and say "qui parle francais" you will likely to find at least a few who can. if u know most rs player speak english, are you going to start speaking another language?

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

That's because, and this sounds odd, the Canadian servers are the less laggy for the UK people.

Seriously, I lag far more on the UK servers and stick to the Canadian ones.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I'm also looking forward to the French worlds. Should be easier for me than the German ones I tried for a while, until I got too mixed up by the terminology. Was no fun getting a slayer task and then needing to change back to English to find out which monster I had been assigned ;).

But it's true that "leet" French is very hard to understand. Whenever I see people speaking French on RS, it takes me a while to verify that it is indeed French... I don't think that a clan would make for much good practice.

Seriously you need to find some French Canadians, they will love you as long as you are a fan of Bleu Blanc Rouge (Les Habitants), you probably dont have a clue what I am talking about. But seriously French is awesome, too bad I was too lazy to learn it at school. Atleast I can safely say: Je ne parle pas francais .