Mini Games: Rogue's Den guide

Don't know if I should reiterate all that I mentioned before but I guess I will. It was a lot.

- Wall blades are missing under the obstacle and trap descriptions.

- There are 3 kind of floor traps instead of 2 you missed the waffle looking one.

- There are 2 kinds of wall traps one with [bleep]es and the other crushing one that you have.

- Might want to mention the chest and it's reward which I think is just a lame 10 coins but there might be possibilites for different things. It's certainly in a painful place to get to so it should wield more than 10 coins!

- The knob door needs a better explanation; I can provide one if needed.

- Might want to mention that it is possible to fail agility obstacles and have agility points drained. This happened to me quite a bit on the wall blades but it doesn't necessarily make you go back to the beginning unless you run out of agility points.

- Might be a good idea to add how much experience each trap/obstacle yields as well.

- We could mention that there are some thieving traps that you can run through but that might be going into too much detail?

An excellent guide all in all though!

*runs away*

sig_trippy2.jpg

Why should we buy postage stamps when we can make our own?

aperson being

This was in the dungeon maps submission board...

rogues den guide

E-mail: [email protected]

Runescape username: michael1a2a3

Response: no

just 2 things you have missed-

1.in the rogues den agility section,there are suppose to be wall blades coming out from walls(they remove 5 agility points)this is near the centre before the flash powder.

2.rogues boots-they do not give 5 defence,they give 2 defence.

[pokemama edit 7/22: boots 2 defence is confirmed below.]

sig_trippy2.jpg

Why should we buy postage stamps when we can make our own?

aperson being

ok,ill use X as floor traps, wall traps etc

XXxX say you at the little x and going right. put run ON and you can run past the forth.

X X say your at the start of these two floor traps, put run ON and you can run past 1 at a time, in other words, only click in between them, if you try go over two at a time, the second will catch you.

MUST make sure run is on, if you forget (like i do) you will just get caught.

when you go the under lvl 80 theiving way, you can get to the end and only lose 10 theiving, but need more than 50 agility.

• 3 months later...

I think you should mention that the Martin Twaith store can be used as a tax-free general store (tax-free: gives high alch value for items instead of low alch, just like general store in bandit camp, wildy. (This of course is because just like in wildy, no tax inner ever finds the place, after all, tax inner is a government job and i don't think those guys really like the government)).

• 3 months later...

The defense bonuses are wrong as previously stated months ago, here are the correct bonuses:

mask +5

top +10

legs +7

gloves +2

boots +2

total +26

pm me if you would like pics for proof

Under rewards it says "They offer the same Defence bonus to stab/slash/crush/magic/prayer and no attack bonuses." The part about prayer should be removed. Also under rewards, when it goes into detail about the Rogue Kit it says "(no stats) This can be used to produe..." I believe the word is produce. Hope I helped a little bit, even if these were tiny corrections.

• 3 months later...

I didn't see the Thieving level required for cracking wall safes (though it's entirely possible that I overlooked it). Level 50 is required. Also, you cannot trade with Martin Thwait if you are not Level 50 Thieving. Go figure.

[edit 7/22: none of the posts above have been added to the guide - tax-free status of Thwait is confirmed. Others not confirmed.]

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

• 6 months later...

In the wall safe section the rewards are uncut gems as noted, but the coins range from 10 to 40.

Using a stethoscope on the wall safe seems to reduce the damage taken from traps.

[pokemama 12/17: an exhaustive study by Admin Ard_Choille (I'm talking *hundreds* of attempts) confirmed that having a stethoscope in your inventory increases your success, but "Using" it on the safe actually decreases successes. I hope this is already reflected in the guide? Thanks for wanting to help. I have not checked the coins thing you've posted, a guide editor will have to look or perhaps another user can please confirm?]

• 3 weeks later...

This weekend I tackled the maze for the first time, and tried to use the main site's guide for help.

Although it had some good information about the traps, and a very nice map which helped, it did not give any help on the paths available.

The paths where "the knob door" and "the puzzle door" is still unknown to me. Where do they lead? Where are they located? Basically, I stumbled on a path that worked best for me, but the guide did not assist here.

Maybe some colored lines could be added for the various possible paths and some text included on advised routes?

It would make this guide so much more helpful. Thanks for listening.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Kiara_Kat, i was reading the rogues den guide and i noticed that the stats of the rogues equipment was wrong. the correct stats are:

Mask - +5 defence bonus

Top - +10 to all defence bonuses

Trousers - +7 to all defence bonuses

Boots - +2 to all defence bonuses

Gloves - +2 to all defence bonuses

for a total of +26 to all defence bonuses

just looking to help :D

• 2 weeks later...

At the very bottom (under "Rewards"), where you are explaining the "Rouge Kit," it says:

This can be used to produe a chisel, rope, tinderbox or spade and is then lost.

Im pretty sure thats supposed to say produce

lol yw

98% of teenagers have been drunk or around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels

• 3 weeks later...

I've removed the below topic because it shouldn't have been moved here, so I'm quoting the first post of it.

on the tip it guide it says that you need 50 theiving to access the shop at rogues den. currently level 52 and when i go to use the shop martin thwait says "sorry mate you need 50 agility before i can help you out"

i can use the bank just fine but the shop i cant use..

Note to mods: Lock and redirect users here. Please do not move topics here, they will only get deleted.

inferno_char.png

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.