Special Attack pictures - UPDATE 24-AUG-2009

i could send you that claw spec trough email, because photbucket makes it jpg automaticly

If you are using paint, it is paint that makes it a jpg. You need to change it to PNG while saving the file in paint. Photobucket will not be the software changing your image. ;)

As for all the pictures submitted, I may have some time to look through these and edit all your posts telling you which are better than what we have currently and which we can't use.

Ok thats fine, i'm also gonna go through them and start removing and Jpgs and getting new pictures so they are Png, but i cant do it now, im busy

If you say so. :D

I'm gonna leave it here anyway, just for people to add pictures, but i don't personally mind if they aren't added as the special attack pictures, thankss for telling us before we were done : )

Unfortunately, the fact that you have created your own topic in the Crew corrections forums implies that the Crew will be using/adding them. It's been nice seeing the enthusiasm you have generated.

If you could set aside the jpgs in your top post indicating that they need replacement, that would be fine.

Otherwise ... well, if you'd said at the outset that this was for your own viewing only, I would have suggested that you move this to Player Made Guides. However, I'd imagine that most people contributing here had the goal of getting on the site. So it seems like it should stay here at this point? I'm a bit confused, lol.

I don't quite understand what the first thing means, though i think it may be quite good

Yeh i'll sort that out, not right now though i don't have the time

When i started my outset plan wasn't for my viewing pleasure it was to improve the special attack pictures viewable, after i spent a time going through them and finding some pictures not showing what the special was truely like (d2h special, now changed)

But what ii meant was that i didnt want to hvae to get rid of the work id gone through so far, so thought it could have been left just for other people to see other exmaples if they weren't going to be placed as the automatic site picture, tah! ::'

[pokemama edit: lol, okay]

96290504.pngsilasinth.png

99/99 Hunter

73/80 Smithing

74/80 Agility

71/75 Slayer

69/70 Summoning

~Silasinth~

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i vote up :)

I've not been able to get any new pictures recently 'cus im f2p, if we're still doing this, i think we are? :D

hopefully i can come back and get some, :D

ciao

96290504.pngsilasinth.png

99/99 Hunter

73/80 Smithing

74/80 Agility

71/75 Slayer

69/70 Summoning

~Silasinth~

• 3 months later...

Wow, I had a picture of Barrelchest Anchor spec and thought I uploaded it. I'll get to it in the morning and edit this post with it...

Barrelchest Anchor Special...NOW SHOWING.

Let me know if you'd like me to crop it a bit more.

[hide=]barrelchestanchorspec.png[/hide]

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*

• 2 months later...

BUMP! Thanks everyone for their input. I've implemented 4 pics from this thread so far. I could have done a lot more, but a lot of them are saved as .jpg :(. Another massive thanks to everyone who spent their time getting pics and posting them. I know how hard it can be to get a good picture of a special attack.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Would you allow a short .gif of the special attack? I feel that this shows the special attack in its true nature, rather than a still image. The file sizes won't be significantly larger I'm sure, and in some cases, smaller.

We're not 100% sure on this one. It's quite complicated, we even have to ask an admin! :shock:

What we actually need is an example, so we can judge from that. However, there are 2 clear criteria already:

• [*:3cmf52rh]Keep the size small. I know nothing about animated gif's, but anything above 20-25 kb probably won't make it. (Of course this isn't a strict guideline, if you have an amazing gif of 26 kb, I think we can implement it too.)

[*:3cmf52rh]It must be clearly in an improvement of the current picture. I.e. I doubt we'll change the ZGS special any time soon with an animated gif. (Unless it's of smaller size of course)

EDIT: Thanks for the initiative BTW!! I think it's an amazing idea which has some great potential, if it's carried out right. (Note: I think it's an amazing idea, however that doesn't say much. If the admin says no, we can't do anything.)

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Hmm, well it proved more difficult that I thought. I was able to get a Standard Detail .gif under ~25KB, but it proved more difficult with a High Detail gif.

Higher quality (123KB):

rsclip51.gif

Lower quality (60.5KB):

rsclip5121075224128.gif

I know its not the file size that is wanted, but depends if the admins are willing to have these slightly larger files, (probably not) :roll:.

Furthermore, I was going to suggest having animated gifs for Skill Cape emotes, but I guess that's out of the window due to file size issues :(. This could also be done with RuneScape emotes I guess...

Sorry, but the filesize is indeed way too big. The combat guide is already (one of) our biggest guides, filesize wise. Could you please post the low detail one too? We don't have a strict policy for high/standard detail pictures. Some crewbies insist on using high detail everywhere, others on using standard detail. So it doesn't much if it's low or high detail (as long as the filesize isn't too big).

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Yeah, I guess that if file size is such a huge issue that animated .gif's is a bad idea. But then again it's really the quality of the guide versus file size...If you try to keep the file size down, it may start to affect how good the guide can actually be. But in this case, a .png shows Special Attacks just fine, so it's not applicable to this guide.

Here is the Standard Detail gif:

rsclip25127060048.gif

I'm sure it is possible to get the High Detail gif under 25KB, but no point having such a washed out High Detail .gif if you can have Standard Detail at a higher quality.

Both .gif's with thanks to Limewire54

By the way, our Achievement Capes guide actually does have links to animated emotes for each one. They just aren't shown on the same page, to keep the bandwidth down. This was implemented about 10 months ago.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Ah, I see. I didn't check that. Surely a similar thing can be done with Special Attacks? This would allow for High Detail .gif's around the 100KB file size (as in Skill cape guide) of a high quality, while also keeping bandwidth usage down.

This is purely my personal opinion, but making a separate page kinda obliges us to make an animated gif's for all specials. (Which isn't something I'm looking forward too, adding stuff takes a lot more time then most users think.) However, I don't have any problem with adding the low detail pic to the site. In fact I'll do it just now. :P

EDIT: Done and credited, thank! :thumbup:

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Sorry for the double post. Mil and everyone else, if you got more of those amazing low detail gifs, it'd be greatly appreciated!

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

DDS Special:

ddss.gif

I know it's slightly large (27.7KB), but not that much bigger. Was quite difficult to shrink down to size, hopefully it doesn't compromise the .gif too much.

If you could credit Limewire54, as these are his original .gif's that he is recording for me to compress down to size.

If I could have my name in the credits changed to Mil, I'd be more than grateful.

I shall edit this post as soon as the other .gifs are ready. :thumbup:

Edit:

ddsnew.gif

23.0KB

If you could credit me as Mil (not Mil_Odedra), and also Limewire54, as he kindly provided the original video clip.

Mil, this is the problem why we hesitated adding them. We just can't put everything at 27kb. If you could provide anything under 25kb, I'll add it immediately. Some tips to reduce file size:

• [*:almwbzw4]Smaller. the smaller the image, the smaller the filesize. Seems obvious. :P

[*:almwbzw4]Try to remove anything which doesn't have anything to do with the picture. I.e. I think that same pic (^^) without the bunyip would have been 25kb already.

[*:almwbzw4]Keep the background as simple as possible. Stuff with is approximately one colour is a lot smaller (the two you posted were great on this.

[*:almwbzw4]Keep equipment, monster, etc. all as much one colour as possible. I suspect an abby demon would have made the pic quite a lot smaller already (instead of a bloodveld).

I apologize if I'm saying stuff with is totally wrong. I hardly know anything about picture TBH. :P

I realize some/all of this stuff is obvious to you (Mil), but it was just in case.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Of course, I understand. I've updated the post, and edited the gif and managed to squeeze out a few more kB's ;).

Will post some more soon hopefully, glad I can help. <3:

34nmjbb.gif

25.25 kb.....lol

[hide=lots of gifs]2dm61p0.gif

doklqe.gif

16hnntx.gif

2qa2pnn.gif

2sb5x5t.gif

jpc10p.gif[/hide]

Can't get them any smaller in file size without them looking more terrible than they do now, use them if you want.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Toast, I can try and compress some down to size if you want.

The Vesta's Longsword special ( I don't think it's in the Combat guide), called Feint:

vls4.gif

24.7KB

It's up to Toast if he wishes for that to be used in the guide.

Hmm, I start to get a few negative thoughts about the .gifs. They can make the page extremely busy and therefore annoying to view. Just like that truckload of gifs Toast posted. Looking at all of them at the same time hurt my eyes. I'll discuss with my fellow crewbies, we'll post the result later on.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Hmm, I start to get a few negative thoughts about the .gifs. They can make the page extremely busy and therefore annoying to view. Just like that truckload of gifs Toast posted. Looking at all of them at the same time hurt my eyes. I'll discuss with my fellow crewbies, we'll post the result later on.

Indeed :|

It's proving more hassle than anticipated, and I'm coming to realise that one well-captured .png does the job just fine! :oops: