Barack Obama is the 44th President of the United States

3rkid

Maybe I was wrong, but I thought that you were implying that he was when you stated how people from the inner-city and rich suburb kids do not have the same chance. Also when you stated that the American dream is rubbish which is implying in my opinion that if people not working for their reward, then they are just given their reward.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I was wrong, but I thought that you were implying that he was when you stated how people from the inner-city and rich suburb kids do not have the same chance. Also when you stated that the American dream is rubbish which is implying in my opinion that if people not working for their reward, then they are just given their reward.

It was mainly a reply to people claiming that poor people are poor because it's completely their fault and all that. Not meant as an offensive statement, more of a defensive one.

The American Dream is a good concept, I guess, not really sure why I said that. -.-

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I just don't see why the world feels that they need/have a say in American politics.

Beacuse USA is the strongest and most influential country in the world? ...Possibly?

Or because if America's leader decides hey,there are terrorists in S.E.A.,we're the ones who get attacked,and thus suffer?

You are just selling short your hatred for Bush with that reply, because almost no one is against his war on terrorism in Afghanistan. So if you have terrorists in your country and they are using your country as a launching pad to attack the U.S. even Obama will probaly invade that country.

The American Dream is rubbish. The American Dream believes that America is superior to other countries and that our greatness should be spread--even if it means by force.

My biggest problems with these left-wing opinions are that they are coming from foreign countries. 3/4 of the liberal views on this page were posted y non-americans. I really think the world should not think that their opinion matters on who the U.S. president is. I'm not saying that you can't have an opinion, but their is no reason for me to respect your opinion unless you lived in the U.S.

Honestly, why does that matter? Their opinions might not mean as much as an American's because the election doesn't directly effect them, but they can still look at the facts and form opinions. It's just what people do.

The American Dream is rubbish. The American Dream believes that America is superior to other countries and that our greatness should be spread--even if it means by force.

The American Dream is just the dream to be free, and do whatever you want in life. That still holds true in America. And no, we don't try to force it down people. Of course we wish everyone was just like America, but we don't force anyone to be like us. Ok, sure there is Iraq, which imo was handled rather poorly, and we did to an extent try to force that dream upon the people, but do they hate it? I doubt it. Not saying I agree with how we went through with it, at all, just saying.

And even if the Dream bleieves America is superior, who cares -.-? You're getting all fired up over a dream.

" A widespread determination by Americans to provide their children with a better upbringing than their parents were able to provide for them; A philosophy that with hard work, courage and determination, one can prosper and achieve success " This is a dictionary definition and I know that you have your own ideas, but we don't try to forcibly spread our dream. The American dream is the only reason that America is as good as it is, so if you want to go live in an inferior country go for it, but don't criticize the principles that our country was built on.

The American Dream is a good standard, good motivation. When people act like everyone should live like that, or at least strive to, it gets annoying. (I know you said that you - personally - don't try to force this onto everyone else, but I know people who do. :| ) America was also created on the concept of freedom, the freedom to believe whatever you want (To a certain extent).

doublesmileyface1.png

The American Dream is just the dream to be free, and do whatever you want in life. That still holds true in America. And no, we don't try to force it down people. Of course we wish everyone was just like America, but we don't force anyone to be like us. Ok, sure there is Iraq, which imo was handled rather poorly, and we did to an extent try to force that dream upon the people, but do they hate it? I doubt it. Not saying I agree with how we went through with it, at all, just saying.

And even if the Dream bleieves America is superior, who cares -.-? You're getting all fired up over a dream.

Because that dream has resonated in our foreign and domestic policy for far too long.

He's going to get assassinated just because of his skin colour. Too many people can't handle having a black person in power. :wall:

He just has to make sure not to go Down South :D .

/halfkidding

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

He's going to get assassinated just because of his skin colour. Too many people can't handle having a black person in power. :wall:

He just has to make sure not to go Down South :D .

/halfkidding

Or go to a theatre...

No

Well we now can safely say that no one will try to assassinate him, because of his color. Thanks to l0l0lpur32 he will not be assissanted, because of "no". Wow I'm sure the secret service will pull off some of their guards to go guard someone in more danger now.

No

Then why have there already been attempts?

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

No

Well we now can safely say that no one will try to assassinate him, because of his color. Thanks to l0l0lpur32 he will not be assissanted, because of "no". Wow I'm sure the secret service will pull off some of their guards to go guard someone in more danger now.

What a come back, can't even spell "assassinated" correctly, at least when your going to try to "own someone" do it correctly, I don't think he will be killed, if so, Joe Biden is a good back up. Since there have been attempts since he is officially president nd one by three kids even before he was even elected, I do think the Secret Service will be getting their moneys worth with this guy.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

OH NO YOU SPELLED "AND" WRONG!%!@%

(Tip - Don't bother pointing out other people's grammar/spelling mistakes, you'll most likely make one yourself)

I heard that if Obama is killed before he's inaugurated, McCain is president? I know that if it's after, it would be Biden. Obama should probably go hide in a cave somewhere for the next three three months...

doublesmileyface1.png

What a come back, can't even spell "assassinated" correctly, at least when your going to try to "own someone" do it correctly

Oops! :lol:

There will always be that possibility that he'll get assassinated.

Can't wait when one of my classmates say "Obama r gunna g3t [wagon] [wagon] inated!" and 25 Secret Service agents kick open the door and take him/her away.

Dude, their are already many plots to assassinate him. Apparently, white supremacists (idk if i spelled that right) cant stand to see a black man take office.

Also, not being racist, but the only reason he won is because they voted for him because of his skin color, not because of his policies. If Obama did not get the Latino and African-American vote, then mccain would have definitely won the battleground states.

One more thing to point out, no president can not help the current u.s economy. The laws are passed by Congress, and anything the President says can be overuled.I am also pretty sure any of the candidates would not know what to do to help this economy out.

shooterbob7.png

And you think all these kids do this without any influence from parents whatsoever? Perhaps there are some kids which take a real interest in politics from a young age of their own accord, but you can't deny that many parents force their own political views on their kids too.

I think there's a difference between forcing children into a certain political spectrum, and simply influencing them. The fact is, it's not like they'd been frog-marched down to the nearest HQ and told to do this for the Obama campaign, or told to hold an Obama sign and smile for the cameras. They did come in at their own free will, and if they'd have been a Republican, good for them too.

At the end of the day, these children are the future. They're the ones who will have to face the challenges left for them. They're the ones who will vote in ten years time. If they're getting involved in politics at such a young age and fighting for what they believe in by trying to make a difference, I think that has to be credited.

I can't speak for Australia, but certainly in the UK I don't know of many under-18s who canvass for any of the three major political parties near to an election. In fact, I don't know any who are even members of a trade union or a political party.

EDIT: Just read Sumpta's closing paragraph. Spot on. =D>

Of course, influencing your kids comes in different degrees. On one end of the scale you have outright indoctrination, and on the other you have a mild influence. I don't mind if parents talk about politics with their kids and encourage them to take an interest in it (in fact that's probably for the best), as long as it's not political propaganda. I think it's in the best interests of the kids to teach them to think critically about both parties as well. We are talking about politicians here, after all.

You know...I'm sure people said "Kennedy isn;t going to be assassinated..."

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Can't wait when one of my classmates say "Obama r gunna g3t [wagon] [wagon] inated!" and 25 Secret Service agents kick open the door and take him/her away.

Dude, their are already many plots to assassinate him. Apparently, white supremacists (idk if i spelled that right) cant stand to see a black man take office.

Also, not being racist, but the only reason he won is because they voted for him because of his skin color, not because of his policies. If Obama did not get the Latino and African-American vote, then mccain would have definitely won the battleground states.

One more thing to point out, no president can not help the current u.s economy. The laws are passed by Congress, and anything the President says can be overuled.I am also pretty sure any of the candidates would not know what to do to help this economy out.

With a Democratic president and a Democratic majority congress, I think they can agree on passing some laws.

One more thing, I never said that he was never going to get assassinated... I don't know why you're telling me this when I already know, and didn't say anything about it... Re-read my post, okay?

What a come back, can't even spell "assassinated" correctly, at least when your going to try to "own someone" do it correctly

Oops! :lol:

There will always be that possibility that he'll get assassinated.

Lmao. I was actually going to be an immature person and read through his post to look for grammatical errors, but I was beat to it. It's a good thing that I'm not an English major.

Obama doesn't know how many states there are.

Please, you know as well as I do that he meant 47 states, not 57. Stfu. She legitimately didn't know Africa was a continent.

She would have ended up helping if the media hadn't savaged her after the few days. Anyway if McCain had picked Romney or Lieberman he would have been a lock.

Lol'd. He knew he had no shot, and that's why he picked her. She would have either given him a chance, or killed his campaign. She did the latter.

Someone else wouldn't have been able to give him a chance, but they would have been able to salvage a few states.

Dude your just grasping at straws. She never said anything like that. I mean you trust Fox now? And it's over. You can stop raping Sarah Palin now. And you can't tell me if he had picked Romney he would not have won. Michigan would definitely have been in play and the main reasons Obama won were Palin and the economy. Romney takes care of both of those. When the polls are saying that more than 50% of people or something trust Obama on the economy more than McCain can you really say that Romney would not have reversed that?

Nobody is hating on Obama. People are still just getting over the defeat. Myself included. I've already said I would give him the benefit of the doubt on most things. Anyway since he is a democrat he will not have anywhere near the amount of hatred or racism directed at his administration that President Bush has.

He won't have as much hatred or racism that Bush had?

When was anyone racist against Bush?

Against Bush personally? I can think of Kanye West. I was referring to his administration. He's appointed the most minorities of any President. I'm part mexican and I find it offensive when people call Alberto Gonzales, the highest ranking Hispanic official ever, "Speedy" Gonzales. How many times on t.v. have there been depictions of Condi Rice with an afro and buck teeth? It's wasn't just fringe people doing this either.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...