Rick Astley...Greatest ever!!

spyderownzyou

The fans show theyre Never Gonna Give (Him) Up

The ultimate power of the audience vote was underlined when Rick Astley scooped Best Act Ever.

Rick was not available to attend the Awards.

In his absence the Award was picked up by Katy Perry and Perez Hilton who charmed the audience with a quick dance routine to his famous track Never Going To Give You Up.

In a statement Astley said: "I am honoured that my fans worked so hard to help me win Best Act Ever at the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards.

This is the first time I have been nominated for the EMAs and I would like to thank everyone who voted for me."

not bad considering the choices there were

pure awesome

seems his fans are never gonna give him up, let him down, run around or desert him :lol:

I personally love the song <3: \'

er discuss/flame whatever, but I felt this was post worthy :roll:

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

It is postworthy. Indeed, there is already a whole thread for the EMAs in the music board.

Also, there was about 3 people in the audience last night who applauded him. The Awards were in Liverpool, Astley comes from Merseyside. Clearly, he's very popular outside the Internet. :roll:

i never noticed the music board #-o

:lol:

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

In a statement Astley said: "I am honoured that my fans worked so hard to help me win Best Act Ever at the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards.

This is the first time I have been nominated for the EMAs and I would like to thank everyone who voted for me."

does he have any idea that this was because of people wanting to RickRoll MTV EMA?

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

does he have any idea that this was because of people wanting to RickRoll MTV EMA?

he still won, which means publicity and money from the song's rights :thumbsup:

and that what counts :lol:

and I'm sure there were real fans of his that voted, i did :oops: :lol:

he still won, which means publicity and money from the song's rights :thumbsup:

and that what counts :lol:

and I'm sure there were real fans of his that voted, i did :oops: :lol:

the song is growing on me :D me and my friends occasionally play it on our phones and start singing

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Rick Astley actually is aware of the "rickroll" phenomenon. He just thinks it's funny. :lol:

In a March 2008 interview, Astley said that he found the Rickrolling of Scientology to be "hilarious"; he also said that he will not try to capitalize on the Rickroll phenomenon with a new recording or remix of his own, but that he'd be happy to have other artists remix it. Overall, Astley is fine with the phenomenon, stating that he finds it "bizarre and funny" and that his only concern is that his "daughter doesn't get embarrassed about it."[51] A spokesperson for Astley's record label released a comment which showed that Astley's interest with the phenomenon had faded, as they stated "I'm sorry, but he's done talking about Rickrolling."[52]

Rick Astley has been nominated for Best Act Ever at the MTV Europe Music Awards after the online nomination form was flooded with votes. [53] The push to make Astley the winner of the award continued after the announcement, as well as efforts to encourage MTV to personally invite Astley to the awards ceremony.[54] On October 10, Astley's website confirmed that an invitation to the awards had been received. [55]

On November 6, 2008, just hours before the ceremony was due to air, it was reported that MTV Europe does not want to give Astley the award at the ceremony instead wanting to present it at a later date.[56]

And with offending some Republican [wagon] in mind,here's a Barack Roll!

65I0HNvTDH4

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Ahah... Any song competition on the Internet's bound to end in /b/ rickrolling it. =P Good choice though, it's a song I used to hate, and now, I kinda like it. It grows on you really fast.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

ahhh you silly kids, there was a force "not to be named" who fixed his win.

omg..so lord Voldemort fixed the vote and rickrolled the awards!? :shock: :? :lol:

either way the song is still great, if it was fixed or not, thus it was still deserving of the award ::'

either way the song is still great, if it was fixed or not, thus it was still deserving of the award ::'

Yep, even Mr. Astley himself agrees:

Rick Astley[/url]":plwajyya]"I also feel for all the artists who kinda got rickrolled a little bit last night, because obviously theres some people there who deserved it a bit more than me."

That said, I wouldn't have given any of those acts the Best Ever award.