blacks vs iron/steels

hiiiiiiiiiiii

Black dragons, they are more consistent and you get dbones and black dragonhide.

Metal dragons have standard drops.You get the bones, bury them and continue killing.With black dragons you have to bank when the inventory gets filled with hides.It's either camping or banking/camping.(use zanaris place for black dragons if you have; you must've done Saving Sir Amik Varze part of Recipe for Disaster).

black dragons provide definite loot with a chance of rune items and a visage irons and steels provide a better chance of visage

irons are the best choice among the 3 followed by blacks and then steel, steels is not only hi lv but also crowded and blacks are just to high lv to kill effectively. anyways the chance of getting a visage is so rare u wont be able to tell the drop rate

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

If you range metals (which I do), even at my low level of 73 ranged using dds/broad bolts/range pots, I still make consistant profit without dragon items or visage.

And rune drops (lesser items) are mostly every kill. :thumbsup:

Blacks for consistency, Metals for fun.

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

I need to know which one is better to fight.... while black dragons provide definite loot with a chance of rune items and a visage irons and steels provide a better chance of visage but are really far away and use way more potions because of that... please someone give me advice?

WRONG!!!!, The visage drop rate is THE SAME ON EVERY SINGLE DRAGON THAT CAN DROP IT, stated by a mod, the chances are the same, from a bronze dragon to a King Black Dragon, SAME CHANCE, thing is that since you can kill irons faster than steels, obviously you would get more kills/hour and higher chance of a visage, not for the dragon type, but for the number of kills made, it is purely luck anyways

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I need to know which one is better to fight.... while black dragons provide definite loot with a chance of rune items and a visage irons and steels provide a better chance of visage but are really far away and use way more potions because of that... please someone give me advice?

WRONG!!!!, The visage drop rate is THE SAME ON EVERY SINGLE DRAGON THAT CAN DROP IT, stated by a mod, the chances are the same, from a bronze dragon to a King Black Dragon, SAME CHANCE, thing is that since you can kill irons faster than steels, obviously you would get more kills/hour and higher chance of a visage, not for the dragon type, but for the number of kills made, it is purely luck anyways

can you show us where this was said? And pmod or Jmod?

Etecoon.png

And....your proof is where?

That's a very illogical statement. That would mean that Wraith would have the same chance of dropping elixirs as the Beast, and all monsters the same chance for half keys, be them Goraks or, I don't know, Earth Warriors? That would also mean that the GWD sergeants have the same drop rate of shards as the Generals.

This is a lie. Bronze dragons don't drop visages. :shame:

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

If you want range xp and always make cash go for black drags.

If you want magic xp and chance to get dragon legs/skirt and always lose cash(unless you get drops) go for iron/steels.

How are you losing cash, even after using up pray pots and anti-fires (provided you have the levels to kill them efficiently), you end up with a profit from all the smaller drops.

tbh I love metal dragons. I've gotten two drag drops and a vis from irons alone. Black Dragons were more consistant in money/hr (I've had them as slayer tasks a couple of times) but irons are more profitable (imo)

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

That's a very illogical statement. That would mean that Wraith would have the same chance of dropping elixirs as the Beast, and all monsters the same chance for half keys, be them Goraks or, I don't know, Earth Warriors? That would also mean that the GWD sergeants have the same drop rate of shards as the Generals.

This statement might have some truth to it, lets face it all dragons are dragons and some of them can drop a visage. They are all non-boss monsters of the same "race" and have a common drop. The KBD might not count because he is classified as a boss-monster and not a regular monster but still I kinda Agree with J35u5 on this one.

Also if the rates are not equal there very close.

ALSO BEFORE I GET FLAMED POSSIBLY I am not saying this is true I am saying this is logical unless J3 is making the whole thing up. I don't think he is. Also don't you just hate it when people wright smaller and you have have have to look at it?

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

This statement might have some truth to it, lets face it all dragons are dragons and some of them can drop a visage. They are all non-boss monsters of the same "race" and have a common drop. The KBD might not count because he is classified as a boss-monster and not a regular monster but still I kinda Agree with J35u5 on this one.

Also if the rates are not equal there very close.

ALSO BEFORE I GET FLAMED POSSIBLY I am not saying this is true I am saying this is logical unless J3 is making the whole thing up. I don't think he is. Also don't you just hate it when people wright smaller and you have have have to look at it?

Well there's no need to put up a shield against flammers, I hope...at least I won't.

I do not think there's much logic to it. It doesn't make sense that they should have the same drop rate. I'll point back to my other examples. Monsters have different drop rates for everything. That's why some monsters are camped at and others aren't. For example, hellhounds and jellies are camped at for clues. Tyras Guards and Suqahs also drop clues. Now who in their right mind recommends those?

The logic that I CAN see from that statement is that irons would be better for visage hunters until a certain level. Ex. Below 120 combat or something like that.

There are many instances where Jagex mods have said things that aren't true. Sometime before Summoning was released a Jmod said in-game that it would be a F2P skill.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: