Making a pure!~

Skilling0wn

K i am currently making quite a successful pure that i am proud of after failing 3 times on other pures so i think i should know wat im talking about especially when it comes to the f2p world.

Now any person can agree pure or main that a main can clearly dominate a pure. its a fact. maxed out everything versus maxed everything other then def is a no brainer. That is why pures r effective only at lower levels. If u just wanna pk and come up with a good pker in a couple of months from scratch depending on how much u play then go make a pure. If u can spend time get a main.

There are many types of pures and i will list the ones that really have the most potential. (this is f2p)

1) Str pure~ just get 40attack and get str to 70 or so...

2) Range/2h ~ a popular method that involves the addition of training range so u can range ur opponent and then ko him once u take out ur 2h and pot up

3) Hybrid ~ Like a range/2h but u get magic up too for maximum hp advantages.

4) Zerker ~ Like a pure get str up and stop at 40attack but get defense up to 45 because it will give defense as well as +1 max hit from the shield

The others im not a fan of but u can experiment

1) black pure ~ 10def again not good cuz 10def isnt effective and ur wasting combat levels

2) 20attack ~ again these ones r experiments and u can do good with them but im not a fan

3) tank ~ def and range ~ popular but im just not a fan

Once you pick out ur pure just go with him. Pures should be generally under 70combat. any combat levels more and it will lose to mains. I will want my pure to be level 53 so that i will be at the boundary where there r other pures that r lower then me and there r ppl who r wearing full rune but r not zerkers just balanced.

pick a type of pure and go from there. U can be simple and just make an str pure. i decided to make a hybrid for the hp advantages of it. it gives u more of an edge then the other guy for little combat as well

------------------------------------

Next just remember never and i mean never get defense up unless making a zerker. Just dont get it up not even to 10 or 20. U need to waste a skill to get combat levels and defense is that one ur going to need to give up. i agree training is a pain when u always see urself hit but its a sacrifice.

Next is the issue on prayer. i have talked about this in other guides and i say no prayer in f2p.

reasons: instead of wasting combat levels on the prayer enhancement why not just get the skill leveled more, that way its permanent because prayer runs out. f2p has no ppots so ur prayer runs out after 2 fights which gets annoying. also recharging prayer is a pain considering that the alter isnt everywhere in runescape.

===============================

For training just train!

im not going to go to specific but overall it should look like:

low level = men in edgeville. decent xp and collect bones to make ur first 100k ish to get u started off

middle = minotaurs and goblins. again something easy that doesnt hit hard because we have 1 def

high = flesh crawlers. again these dont seem too much of a threat. at level 35 these guys have 25 hp which is 100xp per kill. and their max is only 1 which is a key. there r many of them all in one room in the SOS. great xp!

Dont touch defence and pray would be a nice start, trust me when I made my first pure I didnt know that I should lay off the prayer but I trained it either way. What I would do if I were you is train attack to 40 and strength and range to as high as you can. That would be a great start, then you can chose to train defence if you like to becoming a rune pure. But remember the essentials, your strengths will be your strength and range and train those to as high as you can take them. You may also want to train mage to get the extra mage levels I found that fairly useful. But most importantly I would suggest you start picking up the bones you get and start banking them, they will yield a fair bit of your income for now. Then I would suggest air running as a good way of making quick money and you wont need to watse time on training your skills.

bottom line leave defense and prayer alone!

again just to remind u about what each skill does. u probably already know this but we all need to look at these a couple of times to understand the pures

attack ~ give u more accuracy to hit something. not necessarily ur maxed hit but something. basically lowers ur chances of hitting a 0. also allows u to wear better weapons which give u more accuracy as well as a bigger max hit

str ~ plain and simple bigger max hit or the highest amount of damage u can deal.

defense ~ opposite of defense and increases the chance of ur opponent hitting a 0 on u. does not make them hit lower like a 1 instead of a 5. it makes them hit 0s more often. this protects u against ranged attacks as well as melee attacks and a bit of magic

hp ~ plain and simple this is life. 0 hp and u die

range ~ the more range u have the more accuracy u have to shoot somebody and hit something (like attack) and increases ur max hit (like str)

magic ~ again each spell has its own max hit. if u use the fire one at level 59 ur max is 16. the more magic u have the more acccurate u are (like attack) and the more u have the higher defense u have against other magical strikes (like defense). having a higher magic level is actually better defense against magical spells then the skill defense is

prayer ~ uses ur prayer points to give u certain temporary characteristics whether it be a higher max hit, more accuracy, defense against a certain style of attack, or to protect one treasured item when u die.

THere are so many ways to make a pure that it is hard for one person to decide what you should do. You have pures designed for f2p, initiate/mith pures, black pures (I was one for a lot of my pking career), hybriders, barranger (mage+range)... Loads and loads of stuff can be combined to make a pure. As to which is best? It's all opinions and luck, with very few facts. I'm personally about to develop a pure very soon, so I'm in the same situation, but I just need to determine what quests.

Most likely, the most prayer you should probably get is about 44. Nowadays, no one does smite fights anymore, because you don't get anything more for smite dropping someone, whereas in old wilderness you could get a whip or something for a smite drop. It's really only good for something like drags pking where if you smite drop someone it could mean they drop protect prayers, allowing you to spec and get a ko.

For those saying that prayer is pointless, you're wrong. Once 15% of your strength level is 10 or higher, its worth it. Around 70-80 strength, prayer is worth it.

Make sure you don't get levels you don't want. Pk with Sara Sword if you're gonna get 70 attack, else you'll end up with more attack levels. I'll personally pk with whip cause I actually don't mind the attack levels -- I mean, at like 89 combat I was still dominating pretty decently. You really gotta use every trick in the book at that high of a level, though. Nowadays, I wish I had stayed pure -- I could have destroyed just about any pker I see at the level I was at.

I got members around 40 attack, 70 strength on theuberelite. Then I got 60 attack and Dragon Scimitar... Make sure you don't get 61 attack from the prequests btw, it gives a lot of attack exp. I kept leveling my strength until I was 97 strength,.. then I looked at what it would be like to get 70 attack. My max hit would be raised by something like 4 only for like 2 combat levels... So I got it. Sara sword wasn't out at the time, though. But I was also druids pking a lot, then -- got me 17 whips in about 3 weeks, lol.

You gotta be careful with whip -- make sure you change the attack style back to attack after training strength or range when going pking. I got quite a few accidental def levels from that. I got 10 def from that, thats why I was a black pure after a while. But after that I got 99 strength on slayer... so yeah.

A pure, though, won't stay low combat forever -- 1 defence pures at 60 attack will be about 82 combat with smite, 99 hp 99 str 60 att 1 def... but around 70 combat is when a lot of pures PK. Especially since p2p low crater was fixed to 3-55 -- a lot of level 68s were left to use PvP again.

Basically, its really up to you what to do. Around 40 attack, 70 strength I would get members... 75 strength or 80 strength I would get at least 31 prayer... but be careful. Its your first pure -- you're bound to make some mistakes in the process of using it or making it. Make sure you do everything for mith gloves and don't get any accidental levels. It's really really hard to tell you everything to do to make a pure, cause there are so many quests you can do, so many ways you can make it, etcetera. It's all up to you.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Now any person can agree pure or main that a main can clearly dominate a pure. its a fact. maxed out everything versus maxed everything other then def is a no brainer.

thank you for stating that point although there is 1 person who tried to argue with me that a maxed out pure with 1 def will "pwn!!!" a maxed out guy with 20def...he eventually logged after about 10minutes of arguing......

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

Now any person can agree pure or main that a main can clearly dominate a pure. its a fact. maxed out everything versus maxed everything other then def is a no brainer.

thank you for stating that point although there is 1 person who tried to argue with me that a maxed out pure with 1 def will "pwn!!!" a maxed out guy with 20def...he eventually logged after about 10minutes of arguing......

The thing is, a maxed out everything pure would be almost 40 combat levels less than a maxed out main...

Kai_th3_g0d.png

The only mistake that you shouldnt make is training something that you dont want, so leave you prayer and defence alone until you know for sure what you are going to be. Remember you can only go forward with a pure and there is no going back, if you train those prayer levels, maybe sometime in the future you will regret it. So just leave it alone for now and it will help you make the best descision.