just a thought

thompsonkool

Personally, I think its a waste. I normally do pick up most bones, but sometimes Im lazy like killing chaos druids for herbs. Usually I just leave them. But for everthing else, I usually bury. I pick up my drop and the bones together and attck another monster. Somewhere in that fight, after I just attacked, I bury them. By doing this, Im only losing at most a half of second of combat. The fight animation makes the prayer animation obsolete, and I can usually attack right away on my turn, depending on my quickness of burying. \'

1icyna.png

Well it's about 13m exp to a 99 melee stat. For the sake of it, let's say you fight 100 hp monsters the entire way as an average.

13m/100=130,000 monsters. Now if each bone takes 2 seconds to bury, that's

130,000 x 2=65,000 seconds. There are 60 seconds in a minute so

65,000/60=1083.3 minutes. There are 60 minutes in an hour so

1083.3/60=18.05 hours wasted by picking up every bone on the way to a 99 melee stat.

But the exp is

130,000 x 4.5=585k expierience. Now divide that by the 18.05 hours it took for that exp and that's

32,409 exp per hour.

Now i'm sure we all know that prayer rates using a gilded altar and dragon bones is a hell of a lot more exp than that.

You dived by 2 and not multiplied. that 8.1k xp an hour instead, not your 32k. Although I still find 8.1k hard to believe.

yeah his math gone hay wire somewhere

13m/100 = 130,000 monsters/bones

2seconds per bone so

130,000 x 2 = 260,000secs

4333 mins

72.2 hours

585k xp/ 72.2 = 8102xp per hour

While this is stupidly low as an xp rate for training prayer, this debate wasn't over burying bones being a gd way to train prayer it was over burying bones being worthwhile.

As shown in your figures if you kill 100hp monsters that drop reg bones all the way to 99 in a combat stat your getting 585k prayer xp.

Factor in that most monsters are closer that give reg bones r nearer to 20hp than 100 and you'd get 5 time as much, meaning 2.9mil xp

Sure its a given your aint gonna train in such a way you get all normal bones, there'll be big bones, d bones etc along the way. But when you look at it in this mathematically way by burying the bones you are getting an aweful lot of xp in the longterm.

I mean if you train on thoose 20hp normal bone monsters all the way to 99 on att, def, str, range and mage you'd be looking at over 1mil xp beyond 99 prayer by the end of it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well it's about 13m exp to a 99 melee stat. For the sake of it, let's say you fight 100 hp monsters the entire way as an average.

13m/100=130,000 monsters. Now if each bone takes 2 seconds to bury, that's

130,000 x 2=65,000 seconds. There are 60 seconds in a minute so

65,000/60=1083.3 minutes. There are 60 minutes in an hour so

1083.3/60=18.05 hours wasted by picking up every bone on the way to a 99 melee stat.

But the exp is

130,000 x 4.5=585k expierience. Now divide that by the 18.05 hours it took for that exp and that's

32,409 exp per hour.

Now i'm sure we all know that prayer rates using a gilded altar and dragon bones is a hell of a lot more exp than that.

You dived by 2 and not multiplied. that 8.1k xp an hour instead, not your 32k. Although I still find 8.1k hard to believe.

Up at the top it should be 13m/400 (you get 4 combat exp per hp when training a meele stat)

Fools_Taco.png

I think aynone who says they dont do it as its a "waste of time" is plain stupid.

Sure its only 4.5xp and i may take thousands to get anywhere near gd xp.

But if you consider while doing say slayer about 50% of monsters drop bones that are not worthy looting eg big bones and down.

If you say a average slayer task is around 20 monsters and that you do 10 tasks a day

thats 200 monsters dead, 100 of which dropped crud bones. Even if they were all normal bones thats 450xp.

Overtime it all adds up ya know. 4.5xp is not alot sure, but along the way burying all bones you get can knock a sizable chunk off pray xp you need for 99

I'd be happy to spend 120k/month to get the same prayer xp in like 5 minutes, not having to bury all those bones every day.

2dvjurb.png

It adds up to a big waste of time when you are around my level. I find it better to use the extra 2 seconds on attacking the next monster.

Just so I can say "owned" to you: I'm level 99 prayer and still bury bones often.

If you want to play this game, I can just say, "Ha, my total is higher than yours since I saved more time by not burying!"

Plus, mathematically speaking, it is more efficient to just make money and buy your bones.

Your total level is higher than mine because I don't bother to play RuneScape anymore as I have too much to do right now. I haven't played hardcore since... 6 months or more? Let's enter a real competition and see how well you do. I started this account on December 5, 2005, and quit for 6 months except for holiday events. I've not even played 3 years on this account, and let's bump that down to not even 2 years because of massive inactive time just mentioned. How long have you had YOUR account? I presume longer than 23 months.

I also assume you don't waste massive amount of time researching the game like I do - for example, my Ultimate Monster Examine guide. Let's see you do that. Also, let's see you learn widely varied aspects of computer science for the past 5-6 years while at the same time being very high level on an online game. And I'm good at it too.

In my opinion, I've managed my time far more efficiently over the years than you have, and obviously you're ahead of me in the race if I'm not actually in it.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.