No Customer Support

eatrunearrow

Wow they are pretty pathetic...

First, they ditched basically customer support as a whole and told us to get our answers from the forums... What the hell is that?? What kind of company does that?? This company is one of the most greedy companies ever.

What if I have a problem? Or a question? I can't contact the company and ask? We are paying customers. This is complete crap.

and now what brings me to write this...

They have even ditched customer support to the point where they are so backed up with reviewing banned accounts they made a whole topic on the forums asking people to post if they want their account reviewed? Honestly this is just TERRIBLE buisiness practices. I don't see how they can get away with it..

The funny thing is most of those unfairly banned accounts that they got behind on, can't even post on the forums so they are basically out of luck. They have NO way to contact Jagex. Poor people, those are hours of their lives that the company could care less about.

Thanks for the great customer support Jagex, we love it.

Eatrunearrow.png

What are they supposed to do? Hire 5,000 people so they can respond to the 130 million players? And what's all this about 'greedy jagex'. Do you know the reason companies are formed? To make money. Jagex is interested in making money, not becoming best friends with their customers. Their customer support is actually quite good, considering the staff size vs. player base.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

What kind of support do you want?

1. Most questions are answered in the agreements.

2. The forums ARE very useful.

3. If you hate an inappropriate player, report them.

4. JaGeX can't hire more people to do customer support because nobody would get paid

Yeah, so, sorta specify what you want to know, really... :roll: :|

Nightburst32.png

nightburst32.png

Real company customer support :

1 - people ask about product information, and have legitimate questions

2 - the items being sold are very high in value, or at least more than 5 dollars

3 - There are not that many people asking questions, as there is an FAQ page

Runescape customer support :

1 - People spam them with stupid questions, horrible spelling in grammar, and mostly rants about being banned/muted/hacked/etc.

2 - The cost of the game is 5 dollars a month, many people have two members accounts, many people dont have any, so your not even PAYING and you got to use customer support.

3 - an extensive forum and knowledge base, and people still ask stupid questions, many of which can be solved by going to either. Or people are too dumb to accept the answer and proceed to think they will get special treatment.

This is why Jagex does not have a customer support like other companies.

With 130 million idiots who cant read, type, or spell spamming your inbox, what in the hell would you do?

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

eatrunearrow always had a knack for posting topics that attract lots of flaming and little support for him, so I'll be nice to him for once and agree with him.

While Jagex is doing everything they can, I'm sure, I think they could be doing MORE.

For example, why open up a new gaming site a move a bunch of staff to FunORB when that staff could be QA or Customer support for Runescape?

But of course, the real solution is to heighten the membership price by a bit and employ more people, even part-time.

Though, if they DID allow for direct emailing to them, they'd get so much spam it'd be ridiculous. So I understand and agree with BOTH sides today.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

eatrunearrow always had a knack for posting topics that attract lots of flaming and little support for him, so I'll be nice to him for once and agree with him.

While Jagex is doing everything they can, I'm sure, I think they could be doing MORE.

For example, why open up a new gaming site a move a bunch of staff to FunORB when that staff could be QA or Customer support for Runescape?

But of course, the real solution is to heighten the membership price by a bit and employ more people, even part-time.

Though, if they DID allow for direct emailing to them, they'd get so much spam it'd be ridiculous. So I understand and agree with BOTH sides today.

Can't agree with both. Your saying that they should, but that if they did they'd get an impossible amount of spam. Let's look at it this way:

6 million active players, 1 report each per week (I report far more then that!). 6 million reports a week. Assuming the time to read, look at a user's history, and type a personalized response to each abuse report is 5 minutes. 30 million minutes a week, 4 million per day. 67k hours, at 10$ an hour making for 670,000 dollars per day. 365 days a week = 244,550,000$ a year to deal with reports alone. 1 million members @ 5$ each = 5,000,000$ a month = 60,000,00$ a year. Anyone see the problem here? Now figure in customized questions that would probably take much longer to answer, require far more skilled help during the weekends\holidays (and thus more people sitting around the rest of the day), and a greater frequency of reports. Brilliant idea.

Meanwhile people sit around and whine about how the greedy jagxorz dont like their customers.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

The only problems that Jagex should ever have to respond to you are related to your account (lost password, hacking, banned, appeals, etc), and billing, both of which are covered by the current CS system in place. Everything else can be answered by the community.

Be logical [for once in your life, Eatrunearrow]: How many of us are there as opposed to how many of them there are? What do we *have* to contact Jagex for? Or do you need to vent directly to a JMod who's probably sick and tired of shrugging their shoulders?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Eh he does rant alot, and he should quit if he does not like it but.

I think they got rid of Customer Support because after they got rid of the Wilderness Whining PKers (EX. Eastrunearrow) spammed the customer support and it go to the point where proper people who wanted help were not even getting heard.

It's like god, soo many people pray, but he gets tired of hearing them all so he sends them an automatic miracle :D

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Agreed, There are other companies that have many more customers (and yes tip.it, believe it or not... there are stupid adults :o) People have this idea that only the kids are the ones to ask stupid questions. Last time I heard Jagex had like 500 employees? why the hell don't they hire more. They make tons off us, and tons off ads. And don't give me that "they gotta pay for servers" crap, that probably doesn't put a dent in their profits. They know they suck, but they won't do anything about it, if they wanna say "well we get too many random questions from younger players" well dummy, that's your fault for making the game for 12 year olds. Why the hell should I (a paying customer) have to receive terrible customer support because you're too damn lazy to hire more people for the customer support team.

Hell if they want cheap labor, they should hire the damn people from India, I have to deal with them all the time when I'm trying to deal with the scammers at the phone companies, those guys are happy with a few cents an hour.

---

Sadly, they aren't that smart of a company, it doesn't take much brains to figure out what children want, and most of their ideas stem from other games. But it's cheap and I enjoy it to a degree.

sotw7bar.png

Agreed, There are other companies that have many more customers (and yes tip.it, believe it or not... there are stupid adults :o) People have this idea that only the kids are the ones to ask stupid questions. Last time I heard Jagex had like 500 employees? why the hell don't they hire more. They make tons off us, and tons off ads. And don't give me that "they gotta pay for servers" crap, that probably doesn't put a dent in their profits. They know they suck, but they won't do anything about it, if they wanna say "well we get too many random questions from younger players" well dummy, that's your fault for making the game for 12 year olds. Why the hell should I (a paying customer) have to receive terrible customer support because you're too damn lazy to hire more people for the customer support team.

Hell if they want cheap labor, they should hire the damn people from India, I have to deal with them all the time when I'm trying to deal with the scammers at the phone companies, those guys are happy with a few cents an hour.

---

Sadly, they aren't that smart of a company, it doesn't take much brains to figure out what children want, and most of their ideas stem from other games. But it's cheap and I enjoy it to a degree.

Try 130 employees. And as I demonstrated above, hiring another 8,375 employees JUST for abuse reports probably isn't the best business model. The customer support is quite nice - your reports are handled (almost always) very well, and the forums solve the questions. And believe it or not, as you will find out if you every try to host a server, one does have to pay a bit of money to host a website for 130,000,000 people. People seem to forget that jagex is a business. Their goal is to make money. Trying to answer the stupid questions of 130,000,000 whiny players doesn't fall under that category. Drop the 'they aren't that smart of a company' rubbish.

DeviledEgg24.png

lol. This company makes sooo much money. Honestly, I'd expect no customer support out of a small just starting company but this company is a multi million dollar company. The only reason they can get away with it, is that most of their customers are 8 year olds.

Eatrunearrow.png

What are they supposed to do? Hire 5,000 people so they can respond to the 130 million players? And what's all this about 'greedy jagex'. Do you know the reason companies are formed? To make money. Jagex is interested in making money, not becoming best friends with their customers. Their customer support is actually quite good, considering the staff size vs. player base.

Their customer support is quite good? REally.

How come I can't

A. Send them a message.

B. Call them.

Basically we have no way to actually contact them which is TERRIBLE buisiness practice. Do you even know anything about customer support? You must not work a job..

Eatrunearrow.png

How come I can't

A. Send them a message.

B. Call them.

Basically we have no way to actually contact them which is TERRIBLE buisiness practice. Do you even know anything about customer support? You must not work a job..

A) What would you say? Did you lose your account? Are you having trouble with your bills? If you're not, then why the hell are you pestering them?

B) goto A

It's apparent that YOU know nothing of customer support. 406 employees (2007 December) can't be bothered to wait on you hand-and-foot you know, they've actually got important stuff they have to work on. Or you're probably one of those folk that would prefer no updates as opposed to fan-tastic CS.

Grow up, quit whining about every time Jagex sneezes without a hanky, and move on already.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

Or you're probably one of those folk that would prefer no updates as opposed to fan-tastic CS.

Actually, considering some of the updates having a decent CS where we don't get banned unfairly for stupid things all the time would be better.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

lol. This company makes sooo much money. Honestly, I'd expect no customer support out of a small just starting company but this company is a multi million dollar company. The only reason they can get away with it, is that most of their customers are 8 year olds.

Perhaps you should read my earlier replys. I demonstrated how simply replying to abuse reports (And the reports are pretty darn good already!) would cost Jagex many times what they take in in a year. Do you see the problem? The 'only reason they can get away with it' is because their system of letting the community answer questions works very well - and they do an amazing job on the reports, considering their limited resources.

How come I can't

A. Send them a message.

B. Call them.

Yes, I do. I've worked at many places, including an IT help desk where my job was customer support. Unfairly banned? Send them an appeal - and they will virtually always repeall it if it is unfair. I got 1 fair ban and 1 unfair - I appealed the unfair one, and was denied in about an hour. I appealed the fair one, and in 5 minutes the blackmarks and 3 days mute were gone. If you need in game help, post it on the forums! Jagex doesn't want to hear 'how can i makez monys!!!!! can i has free ags plz!'. Just think of the RSOF, multiply the message by 5 and drop the IQ by 10 to simulate FTP, then funnel all that to some poor blokes inbox. It just doesn't work; they can't afford that much - especially considering how well their system works.

DeviledEgg24.png

Eatrunearrow is better than watching jeff dunham...

Anywho...since you know soooooo much about business (He knows so much! He must have a PHD!)

Everyone else has hit the nail into your head, so no need to restate since you don't like to read peoples responses after getting bashed on too much...

Oh...and the getting a job part is funny...please come back and tell us when you get a job in another 8 years how much you know...

Why you post rants when on everyone you get bashed is beyond me...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Or you're probably one of those folk that would prefer no updates as opposed to fan-tastic CS.

Actually, considering some of the updates having a decent CS where we don't get banned unfairly for stupid things all the time would be better.

Well, you're going to have to define "stupid" things to begin with, but I'd much rather an update of any kind, as opposed to unbanning "unfairly" banned accounts. Note that I mean the questionable "unfairly", not the really unfairly, as I know it's happened before [hey, they're human, but when they find that mistake they usually correct it].

s1L0U.jpg

Add an extra 10 years to that, now shut up and read:

Im not one to get worked up, but what i hate is judgementalness towards ALL community of Runescape Players involving age. Jagex are like us: There HUMANS. they can only perform HUMAN tasks, Answering over a Million Requests/ Rants while Managing the Game, Creating Update material, Graphic Designing etc. already there proberly pushed to the bounds with HD mode AND Standard Mode of graphics. Sure, there's proberly people in different Catagories of Jobs there but all in all thy work as a team, thus they have to work together with not just the Rants / Requests but ALL of Runescape AND FunOrb both have to be managed. I actully Give those Gower brothers a good pat on the back, 8 Years later and its STILL booming with new players and old players returning now and then. Most Internet Browser based games wouldnt live past 3 let alone 8 on its own.

As for Requesting Bans etc, simple Rule to this: Dont Break the Rules. if its accident, prove it with hard solid evidence so they go "Great Scott 'ol Chap! We've gone and Banned 'ol lassie here when hes' done nothing Wrong!"

If that failed then i'd be warery of Report-Trigger Happy Players. -.-

EDIT: Last i checked, the Average RS Players' Age was around 15-18

Popoto.~<3

Add an extra 10 years to that, now shut up and read:

Im not one to get worked up, but what i hate is judgementalness towards ALL community of Runescape Players involving age. Jagex are like us: There HUMANS. they can only perform HUMAN tasks, Answering over a Million Requests/ Rants while Managing the Game, Creating Update material, Graphic Designing etc. already there proberly pushed to the bounds with HD mode AND Standard Mode of graphics. Sure, there's proberly people in different Catagories of Jobs there but all in all thy work as a team, thus they have to work together with not just the Rants / Requests but ALL of Runescape AND FunOrb both have to be managed. I actully Give those Gower brothers a good pat on the back, 8 Years later and its STILL booming with new players and old players returning now and then. Most Internet Browser based games wouldnt live past 3 let alone 8 on its own.

As for Requesting Bans etc, simple Rule to this: Dont Break the Rules. if its accident, prove it with hard solid evidence so they go "Great Scott 'ol Chap! We've gone and Banned 'ol lassie here when hes' done nothing Wrong!"

If that failed then i'd be warery of Report-Trigger Happy Players. -.-

EDIT: Last i checked, the Average RS Players' Age was around 15-18

Exactly.

You dont go shooting your mouth off in game, scamming players, abusing bugs until you get banned, then try to appeal them because you 'technically didnt break rule 3 sub rule 1'. Then you blame customer support.

First rule of thumb, dont do anything stupid. Iv played this game for 3-4 years, and the only black marks Iv gotten was because of macroing within the past 4 months. But I was stupid and I know I deserve them. I have no other offenses.

Whenever I read one of your rants, this is what happens.

serious.png

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th