SC: Don't you just love the noobs?

Gandorf61

Well Stealing Creation used to be a great game of skillers and pkers together. Now after playing it for several weeks I see how it's gone from a cooperative game to a game of high level pker noobs. They ancient and that's all they do. 5 110+ pker's are usually on red team and the go around killing the lower level skillers (who have really high total levels). They go around calling us noobs and killing us continuously every time we step outside our base; even when we have nothing to lose.

It's really quite pathetic and has really turned me off of SC. Hopefully Jagex's new updates will fix this with the loss of combat xp gained throughout the game. Maybe then skillers will actually be able to do what they are meant to: skill. Before I used to be able to get 90k+ points a game now I am lucky to get over 20k points on a good game due to dieing every couple of minutes.

Sometimes I think all pker's are just little 10 year olds that are immature and whiners. While this is not true it seems to make sense because many of them act that age. Hopefully many of these people will grow up because it gives me a bad look at high level pker's when really a lot of them are friendly a good considerate people.

Just my little rant on the game. :wall:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ancienting is fun. After 20k points has been reached, which is really easy to do, there isn't really much point to try and get more since you're only allowed 1 tool per game. PKing = free magic exp. And hell, you should really get as much of that in before Jagex takes that out. No telling how stingy they'll be on the combat exp bonuses for the gear.

So we have fun, kill you to keep your from getting points like we're supposed to, and because of it we're 10 year old noobs? Logic fail, please. Honestly, that's the point of the game - get points yourself, keep the other team from getting them! Pickpocket those mages, it's very effective. I would know, I'm having fun practicing magic combos there <3:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I have to agree with the OP here. It's not the killing that bothers me, it's when a level 130 is sitting outside my base, slaughtering anyone who goes out before they have a chance to get any armor, weapons, anything to defend themselves. It seems somewhat cruel to try to prevent anyone on the other team from getting any points, because they're slaughtered before they can reach a fog bank, a clay deposit, anything! What are you suppposed to do when for twenty minutes you can't leave your base without dying within ten seconds?

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

Jagex overlooked one key fact when designing this minigame- high level killers are mad skillers. They're generally self-sufficient, whereas, though capable of making anything, low level mega skillers are incapable of using the equipment or defending themselves. And, given the aforementioned self-sufficiency, high combat levels have to reason to lend aid.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Also consider how it affects their own team.

I played 3 games today, and everyone 100+ just camped the enemy spawn, killing and killing. It also meant that us collectors were totally alone, and easy pickings for the other lvl 100+, leading to the same situation on both sides.

Jagex's theory behind the game was that we would learn to work together, for the good of the team. That obviously hasn't happened.

Removing the combat experience obviously will not fix it, because they are adding other ridiculous limitations, such as 10 tools, 200k points, etc. So, once they obtain 20k points to buy a new tool, or enough points to push their total to 200k, players will continue to go kill the enemy because it's slightly more fun that pointless skilling.

The minigames design was great. It's the runescape community that's at fault.

SoLawny.png

Jagex overlooked one key fact when designing this minigame- high level killers are mad skillers. They're generally self-sufficient, whereas, though capable of making anything, low level mega skillers are incapable of using the equipment or defending themselves. And, given the aforementioned self-sufficiency, high combat levels have to reason to lend aid.

So you're saying that because players who chose to level EVERY skill in the game are suppose to limit themselves because there are people at level 3 or who stopped at lvl 90 combat that only do non-combat skills for "Kudos Points" and thus deserve to be on an equal playing field with those high in combat skills?

I think not, just because you want to keep your combat low in hopes of gaining attention as a lower combat level with a high total level doesn't mean you have the right to complain about the higher leveled players who use their advantages in this minigame. I have no sympathy for low leveled skiller when they come into contact with higher leveled players for reasons previously mentioned.

Go do your skilling somewhere else other than SC if you choose not to then don't complain about it.. either that or go get your combat level up and come back. :roll:

Apparently, my signature was to big.

There's a simple way to solve this: Anticipation

First thing you should do instead of going out and trying to pk: get AT LEAST a bunch of lvl 3 clay and turn them into daggers. lvl 4 is preferable. lvl 4 daggers have same atk as lvl 3 scimitars and are msb speed on rapid. Just 1 item out side outsid eyour base, protect item, smite + piety, die with retribution. The cycle adds up a lot. En masse about 4 people can take out a lvl 138 barraging if they spread out at first. For multiple people, well, that's why you have 10 people on your team! Pile each person with 10 dagger!

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Yup, on quite a few games I and my team have done spawn camping. I do it after I've gotten plenty of points, and it lets all the other players on our team get massive points uninterrupted. Because the other team is practically helpless without clay, they don't stand a chance. As for the dagger, 2 ancient mages can easily take out a player before he ever gets close enogh to touch them. It's strategy; I earned that 135 combat and 99 magic.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Yup, on quite a few games I and my team have done spawn camping. I do it after I've gotten plenty of points, and it lets all the other players on our team get massive points uninterrupted. Because the other team is practically helpless without clay, they don't stand a chance. As for the dagger, 2 ancient mages can easily take out a player before he ever gets close enogh to touch them. It's strategy; I earned that 135 combat and 99 magic.

actually, I take out 1 of those mages after ~10 deaths \' , but then that's just me, a lvl 116 tank with 83 mage and 86 defense and 70 prayer. However, you're right; 2 v 1 isn't very favorable. The difference between 2 v 1 and 3 v 2 is vastly different, so I won't get into that. The relevance is that very rarely is there only a single person being spawn killed. Usually it's about 4-6. If those people just used tactics (like all pile 1 mage with smite and protect item), they would eventually break through the defenses and either kill the mage or force them to retreat (which is basically just as good in terms of fighting).

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

actually, I take out 1 of those mages after ~10 deaths \' , but then that's just me, a lvl 116 tank with 83 mage and 86 defense and 70 prayer. However, you're right; 2 v 1 isn't very favorable. The difference between 2 v 1 and 3 v 2 is vastly different, so I won't get into that. The relevance is that very rarely is there only a single person being spawn killed. Usually it's about 4-6. If those people just used tactics (like all pile 1 mage with smite and protect item), they would eventually break through the defenses and either kill the mage or force them to retreat (which is basically just as good in terms of fighting).

Rarely does someone actually manage to protect a high level dagger; they don't have the presence of mind or the prayer points left (smite works wonders). Yet 2 ancient mages can easily hold off several meleers by freezing and blood barraging.

DeviledEgg24.png

I must be the exception then since I manage to keep my dagger about 9/10 of the time. Finding a lvl 1 clay deposit also works wonder; free prayer pots and sup set! :thumbsup:

If you can make it to the level 1 deposit, those ancinet magers must be asleep. Two ancients can usually take out a player within a step of the entrance. Heck, I've 3 hit people myself - they never even get a chance to move. Plus the shadow blitz\blood barrage keep me in fine shape for the few that make it there. ;)

DeviledEgg24.png

I have had to resort or suiciding before. Basicly I turn on mage protect and smite, run out, start punching, then turn on retribution. I have even been able to kill with retribution which (for me) can hit at least 14 damage. I normally try and pickpocket first, I have disable more than one mage that way. Then I run back and deposit them and run out again.

I have had to resort or suiciding before. Basicly I turn on mage protect and smite, run out, start punching, then turn on retribution. I have even been able to kill with retribution which (for me) can hit at least 14 damage. I normally try and pickpocket first, I have disable more than one mage that way. Then I run back and deposit them and run out again.

Your lucky if you can get close to them. Ice barrage is a wonderful thing - any smart mage should have no problem holding off an unarmed meleer, then healing with blood spells.

DeviledEgg24.png

This is for camping outside of the spawn room, where they have no armor\arrows\runes etc. Magic prayer makes it a bit tougher, but if, like in most games, you have a couple of teamates around to back you up - it becomes a 1-hit fest for any combat level. It's really a reminder of how important armor\weapons are.

DeviledEgg24.png

It isn't cruel, or unfair, it' s tactical and smart.

Don't get me wrong, I hate um as much as anyone does, but let's be honest. It's their right, and perhaps arguably, their RESPONSIBILITY to kill the opposition, is it not?

Don't get me wrong, I hate um as much as anyone does, but let's be honest. It's their right, and perhaps arguably, their RESPONSIBILITY to kill the opposition, is it not?

This is true. What we have here is a design flaw by Jagex. It is not the players responsibility to pull punches to be "fair" but Jagex's to balance the game so that this is either reduced or removed. And, truth be told, I despise them too.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I agree that the point of the game is to kill your opponent it's just that I wish they would actually let you get out of your base instead of camping outside and killing you every few seconds.

Once I actually got away only to be chased down by half their team of pkers. That is what really bothers me.

I agree that the point of the game is to kill your opponent it's just that I wish they would actually let you get out of your base instead of camping outside and killing you every few seconds.

Once I actually got away only to be chased down by half their team of pkers. That is what really bothers me.

Why does that bother you? They kept you from getting points, endangering their teammates, or building up good enough armor\weapons to bother them. You can do the same thing back to them. It's not like they are all powerful; a ranger can take an ancient down with ease. It's like saying 'it really bothers me when people kill me in castle wars when I'm trying to score'.

DeviledEgg24.png

Why does that bother you? They kept you from getting points, endangering their teammates, or building up good enough armor\weapons to bother them. You can do the same thing back to them. It's not like they are all powerful; a ranger can take an ancient down with ease. It's like saying 'it really bothers me when people kill me in castle wars when I'm trying to score'.

But all you're going to have are your fists- so only melee. No unarmed meleer with no food can even get in RANGE of a skilled ancient mage.

But all you're going to have are your fists- so only melee. No unarmed meleer with no food can even get in RANGE of a skilled ancient mage.

I'm talking about before they die. If they kill the ancient the first time, then THEY have the advantage against the helpless previously-ancient. A single pickpocket can take out an ancient mage easily; but like any other combat style, they decimate the no armor\no food\no weapon players that come out of the spawn room.

DeviledEgg24.png

I'm talking about before they die. If they kill the ancient the first time, then THEY have the advantage against the helpless previously-ancient. A single pickpocket can take out an ancient mage easily; but like any other combat style, they decimate the no armor\no food\no weapon players that come out of the spawn room.

A single pickpocket CAN but often doesn't. Carrying food or clay in your inventory reduces the chance of runes being taken as everything has an equal chance to be grabbed.

So we have fun, kill you to keep your from getting points like we're supposed to, and because of it we're 10 year old noobs? Logic fail, please. Honestly, that's the point of the game - get points yourself, keep the other team from getting them! Pickpocket those mages, it's very effective. I would know, I'm having fun practicing magic combos there <3:

Support.

Also I add the 'worst offenders' (such as one player who all he did was pickpocket mages) on my friends lists owhenever I see a green dot I know to run. Then I delete them at the end of the game.

Ice burst and smoke blitz both work well for me, again it is a combat-based minigame.

Once again, when things such as 'omg safe nub' come into play we have the same old PvP problem and it isn't really Stealing Creation's fault anyway.