What to do with Shield Left Half

Jeffwilson99

Ok I just got the "extremely" rare Left half drop, but I'm not sure of what use it is to me.

On the G.E., the Left Half is only worth around 65k, and the right half 750k. However the Dragon Square shield is only worth 500k at this point in time.

So, If I was to buy the Right half, I will just lose money, whether I keep or sell the Sq Sheild...

It just feels wrong to get rid of such a rare (yet worthless) drop...

Should I just sell it? And if so, will anyone actually buy it?

rosssigfinal.jpg

Do you think if Jagex lowered the price that the Right half sells for at the Ledgends Guild, (eg: lowered to around 250k), then the price of the complete Square Shield wouldn't be to adversely affected?

It would drop even more, because right now lots of halves are alched. If it was profitable to make the shield, nobody would alch, so lots more would be in the market, and there's just not enough demand (hence them being so low right now). I imagine it would drop fairly quickly, then just continue its current slow dwindling spiral downwards. Nobody wants them :s

Do you think if Jagex lowered the price that the Right half sells for at the Ledgends Guild, (eg: lowered to around 250k), then the price of the complete Square Shield wouldn't be to adversely affected?

It would drop even more, because right now lots of halves are alched. If it was profitable to make the shield, nobody would alch, so lots more would be in the market, and there's just not enough demand (hence them being so low right now). I imagine it would drop fairly quickly, then just continue its current slow dwindling spiral downwards. Nobody wants them :s

I use them. ;_;

check Item Database on Tip's main page for the Alch Price. ::'

Popoto.~<3

It took me 9.1 million HP experience to get my first Dragon Left half drop (from abby demons) only to get a SECOND a mere 100k hp exp later. I was in the same situation as you not sure what to do. Ultimately I put them on the GE and they both sold for around 70k each. Such a sad state the DLH has gone into. Problem is there are so many better alternatives for the shield spot. I paid 4.8 mil for my first one just before the obby shield and defenders came along and made it dive, now there is the dfs and the new elemental(?) shield do-dads fro the Summers End quest.

Summary: sell it, or keep it in your bank for sentimental value.

chris_924.png