Closed.

Veritas94

Beatrix Kiddo was the DEADLIEST in the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad. As cool as Pia Mai is, he died to easily (Lousy Elle). A better acronym would have been the Crazy 88 against Kiddo. Geez, get the movie references right.

I LOVE Kill Bill.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beatrix Kiddo was the DEADLIEST in the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad. As cool as Pia Mai is, he died to easily (Lousy Elle). A better acronym would have been the Crazy 88 against Kiddo. Geez, get the movie references right.

I LOVE Kill Bill.

First of all, it's spelled "Pai Mei." Second, Beatrix Kiddo stands no chance against Pai Mei. Elle killed Pai Mei using cheap poison, ergo that says nothing about her skill.

When Beatrix fought Pai Mei (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fktuYN1 ... re=related), she was defeated utterly and humiliated. Pai Mei is her master and it's safe to assume Beatrix in no way surpassed the legendary Pai Mei in any skills.

It stands to reason that Pai Mei = Warrior, and Kiddo = Mage. This is, of course, concerning higher level F2P combat. My references were entirely appropriate, but thanks for trying :roll:.

A better acronym would have been the Crazy 88 against Kiddo.

Acronym: n. A word formed from the initial letters of a name, such as WAC for Women's Army Corps, or by combining initial letters or parts of a series of words, such as radar for radio detecting and ranging.

http://dictionary.reference.com/dic?q=a ... rch=search

I'm not sure what you mean by the word acronym. I didn't list or refer to any acronyms. :|

final.gif

Jagex could add some kiting spells like WoW has *cough*slow*cough*frostbolt*cough.

OMG, another WoWer, :thumbsup: . Shatter combos FTW.

I haven't really thought of frequency of mages as that much of a problem. Maybe reducing the number of people that magic can hit? I'm fine with single target damage though, hehe.

Not frequency as the amount of times one can hit with magic, but the frequency of their presence.

Example:

there is a 12.5% chance of meeting a mage in Soul Wars (hypothetical) which means that 1/8 of the people in Soul wars are mages. that means that 2/16 are mages. and in reference to my first post, the presence of a second ancient mage will greatly tip the balance (the difference between 1 and 2 is much greater than 2 and 3 analogy). basically, that's my argument.

edit: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: it's always AFTER I post that I figure out that I've misread my quote. Sorry about that #-o

And yes, I played (and play) WoW :). [hide=read for WoW]Recently, I play WoW just for the raids and instances as a break from the hard road to 99 attack and hp in Rs.

My mage build is pve with a few pvp talents like counter spell for those times when a damn ally nightelf/gnome rouge jumps me, but I usually phail epically. I usually spend my time kiting mobs like crazy (I'm getting better; I can now effectively kite three elite mobs in Utgarde Pennacle and not get hit at all) because there's something enticing about running circles around npcs and killing them. I never really liked the shatter combos; I was always the scorch x5 - arcane power - presence of mind - pyroblast combo because of the insane dps and burns. But I've talked too much about a rival game trying to uproot Jagex in all their game glory for $6 a month :o![/hide]

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Jagex could add some kiting spells like WoW has *cough*slow*cough*frostbolt*cough.

I haven't really thought of frequency of mages as that much of a problem. Maybe reducing the number of people that magic can hit? I'm fine with single target damage though, hehe.

Not frequency as the amount of times one can hit with magic, but the frequency of their presence.

Example:

there is a 12.5% chance of meeting a mage in Soul Wars (hypothetical) which means that 1/8 of the people in Soul wars are mages. that means that 2/16 are mages. and in reference to my first post, the presence of a second ancient mage will greatly tip the balance (the difference between 1 and 2 is much greater than 2 and 3 analogy). basically, that's my argument.

edit: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: it's always AFTER I post that I figure out that I've misread my quote. Sorry about that #-o

And yes, I played (and play) WoW :). [hide=read for WoW]Recently, I play WoW just for the raids and instances as a break from the hard road to 99 attack and hp in Rs.

My mage build is pve with a few pvp talents like counter spell for those times when a damn ally nightelf/gnome rouge jumps me, but I usually phail epically. I usually spend my time kiting mobs like crazy (I'm getting better; I can now effectively kite three elite mobs in Utgarde Pennacle and not get hit at all) because there's something enticing about running circles around npcs and killing them. I never really liked the shatter combos; I was always the scorch x5 - arcane power - presence of mind - pyroblast combo because of the insane dps and burns. But I've talked too much about a rival game trying to uproot Jagex in all their game glory for $6 a month :o![/hide]

So you're saying that the frequency of mages should not increase? I think mages need to be just as numerous and present as meleers and rangers. What makes magic something that can tip the balance of the game? Is it their ability to hit multiple opponents at once? If so, then I'd be happy to allow Jagex to drastically reduce multi target damage or reduce the number of opponents magic can hit at once - My only concern is single target damage.

My question: Why do you feel the need for mages to be less plentiful than warriors and rangers?

final.gif

WoW love X) But yes, I went from RS to WoW, then eliminated WoW and only occasionally pop into RS when time grew tight. (might go back, idk) Yes I played a mage in wow, yes I did arena with fairly skilled players. Totally different mindset, really, and I feel that a comparison isn't really that great here. The mage class in wow is extremely solid, though it was rather gimped in 2v2 arena during Burning Crusade (Though RMP in 3s and Eurocomp, 2345, etc in 5s was amazing).

Back on topic, the reason we can't really compare, at least in my view, is that RS offers a character everything at once, or at least to choice to go between different things, while from the moment you make your happy little caster in WoW, you are 100% committed to that role. Sure, in RS you can say screw all melee/range, and just level mage, and be happy when you finally get your high end mage gear, but you must remember, if you do so you're not really at the endgame. If you do decide to go magic at max level, and commit yourself, that's great. But you're not locked. As needed you can whip out a spec wep, retreat and change styles, etc.

Also, the tactical aspect of the game is completely different. WoW pvp is not built around 1v1 (though such situations are not at all uncommon), whereas plenty of RS pvp is oriented around 1v1. While you access to all sorts of status/drain effects through ancients, you'll most likely be using ice, against targets you know are coming, and generally using just that spell series magic wise. Resources aside from prayer and hp and pots are infinite, there is little cooldown management. Line of sight is an issue at times, but autocasting slightly mitigates that, and generally most combat is at fairly close quarters. Pet management was added as well, but it's not nearly as complex as pet management elsewhere.

As a mage in wow, you're dealing with buffing, decursing, shielding, kiting, cast pushback from damage, LoSing, CC, pet management, mana conservation, iceblocking to wipe status/prevent damage, cooldowns, midbattle eat/drink and trying to set up damaging combinations (such as double shatter if you have the haste) etc while not even beginning to mention more specific such as pulling stealth classes out, keeping healers in combat, etc. One big thing though is the lack of instagibbing assuming equivalent skill. Finally, wow pvp involves healers, as a huge huge factor which completely warps a pure dps v dps viewpoint for team conflicts.

I don't really see anything short of an overhaul to really change the role and style of magic in RS.

Also, in RS enough money will net you whatever gear you desire, in WoW, you could be very very rich, but never come close to top end gear as that comes from high arena rankings (Several changes set win-trading back a fair amount). Basically, the gist would be something along the lines of "be in the top 10% of BH Rogues before you can think about getting this item, which is untradable but has good stats. (Vast majority of good WoW gear is untradable)

2x frost mage from season 2/3-

http://files.filefront.com/2on2wmv/;929 ... einfo.html

beautiful demonstration of wow mages.

Example:

So you're saying that the frequency of mages should not increase? I think mages need to be just as numerous and present as meleers and rangers. What makes magic something that can tip the balance of the game? Is it their ability to hit multiple opponents at once? If so, then I'd be happy to allow Jagex to drastically reduce multi target damage or reduce the number of opponents magic can hit at once - My only concern is single target damage.

My question: Why do you feel the need for mages to be less plentiful than warriors and rangers?

It's not mages in general that I want to limit. I want to limit the frequency of high power spells. For example, surely if two out of every three people in pvp had a godsword, it would be insane, correct? Same concept. Probably something that Jagex can do is group the ancient spells based on multi and single, not strength (single target orders first in learning than multi) It would go like this: rush, blitz, burst, barrage. Blitz and burst would shift places in accuracy and strength. Then Jagex could change the way how the multi target spells work.

Ice multi could drain the run energy by 1:1 damage to energy of the target for burst and 1:2 for barrage instead of freezing. That way, there would be a way to actually kite mobs and players even.

Shadow could probably drain special attack energy and lower accuracy to a lesser extent for multi. The multi smoke doesn't really need tweaking and neither does blood because the max healing from hitting nine targets is about 65. Half that for frequency of hitting damage and about an average of healing 32 per hit of costing about 2k for 9 targets. You basically heal about 3.5 damage per target. That's pretty even considering that 5 targets heals about the same a shark and almost everyone has a whip, sara sword, or gsword wanting to kill the tank mager.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

It's not mages in general that I want to limit. I want to limit the frequency of high power spells. For example, surely if two out of every three people in pvp had a godsword, it would be insane, correct? Same concept. Probably something that Jagex can do is group the ancient spells based on multi and single, not strength (single target orders first in learning than multi) It would go like this: rush, blitz, burst, barrage. Blitz and burst would shift places in accuracy and strength. Then Jagex could change the way how the multi target spells work.

Ice multi could drain the run energy by 1:1 damage to energy of the target for burst and 1:2 for barrage instead of freezing. That way, there would be a way to actually kite mobs and players even.

Shadow could probably drain special attack energy and lower accuracy to a lesser extent for multi. The multi smoke doesn't really need tweaking and neither does blood because the max healing from hitting nine targets is about 65. Half that for frequency of hitting damage and about an average of healing 32 per hit of costing about 2k for 9 targets. You basically heal about 3.5 damage per target. That's pretty even considering that 5 targets heals about the same a shark and almost everyone has a whip, sara sword, or gsword wanting to kill the tank mager.

I like the idea of ice spells draining run energy, that's very creative. However, if you're going to eliminate the freeze effect of barrage, then I'd suggest compensating by slowing the target a little bit in addition to draining their run energy.

I'd also agree that it would be ridiculous for everyone to run around with godswords. Then again, godswords have high stat requirements which mean that it is usually high levels wearing them, and not noobs who don't deserve them.

The same applies to mage, and here we may disagree a bit. Magic doesn't rely on weapons as much as melee does, and because of this it does not suffer the high price tags of buying weapons. It does, however, continually penalize mages for the use of high levels spells (I.e. You continue to lose money you cannot ever get back as you use up your runes), and Compfreak and I have agreed that this penalty is sometimes too large and subtracts from the fun of using magic - i.e. Spells should cost far less, but still keep their high level requirement so only people with high magic levels can use them. I don't see how this would be unbalanced because magic spells really get more powerful at higher levels, and hence a smaller fraction of the population would be barraging you in "x" period of time. At the same time though, you would have more mages casting medium level spells, and thus the ratio of meleers, rangers, and magers will balance out a bit.

final.gif

How to make spells cost less.

Multiply all runes by 2.

Multiply all runes made by runecrafting by 2.

Halve grand exchange prices.

That would "balance" it out in terms of cost, many of the higher level spells would still use around 1k with half prices, the only problem i see with this is high level alchemy, they would have to change that as well.

And then come the mages who got 99 who whine about having it the hard way, etc.

I personally think that Jagex has left it to late to change the "cost" of magic, and that it will be permanently stuffed up unless jagex is really brave, seriously, any change bigger than minor will get high level mages complaining all day saying that they got it the hard way and its unfair that new mages get it easy.

O.O

I LOVE Kill Bill.

First of all, it's spelled "Pai Mei." Second, Beatrix Kiddo stands no chance against Pai Mei. Elle killed Pai Mei using cheap poison, ergo that says nothing about her skill.

When Beatrix fought Pai Mei (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fktuYN1 ... re=related), she was defeated utterly and humiliated. Pai Mei is her master and it's safe to assume Beatrix in no way surpassed the legendary Pai Mei in any skills.

It stands to reason that Pai Mei = Warrior, and Kiddo = Mage. This is, of course, concerning higher level F2P combat. My references were entirely appropriate, but thanks for trying :roll:.

A better acronym would have been the Crazy 88 against Kiddo.

Acronym: n. A word formed from the initial letters of a name, such as WAC for Women's Army Corps, or by combining initial letters or parts of a series of words, such as radar for radio detecting and ranging.

http://dictionary.reference.com/dic?q=a ... rch=search

I'm not sure what you mean by the word acronym. I didn't list or refer to any acronyms. :|

So you compare the strongest (Pai Mei) to a pupil to the strongest? Pia Mei is the greatest in the series (Hence the Five-point-palm-exploding-heart-technique) but he was not a Viper. He just taught Bill, Kiddo, and Elle, with Kiddo being his favorite and his equal, hence his teaching her The five-point-palm-exploding-heart-technique.

And sorry about the acronym. Normally I'm better at that sort of grammatical correction, but I was rather lazy.

On topic: F2P magic is terrible at higher levels, even medium levels, but it gives players a slight feel to the skill, which is all f2p intends to do.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Since some people on tip.it won't get it, let's just say goldblade 'rick rolled' you via RSOF. I can, however, respond to the cheaper spells: Magic spells cost a lot because they are powerful. They beat the other two combat classes easily; the cost of that power is the price of the spells. It's a balancing act to keep EVERYONE from using them.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Since some people on tip.it won't get it, let's just say goldblade 'rick rolled' you via RSOF. I can, however, respond to the cheaper spells: Magic spells cost a lot because they are powerful. They beat the other two combat classes easily; the cost of that power is the price of the spells. It's a balancing act to keep EVERYONE from using them.

Magic SHOULD NOT beat ranged easily, and this needs tweaking. Have you not already agreed with me that spells should be made cheaper because of the continuous cost and the fun factor? The level should be the only thing that keeps everyone from using them, as is the case with melee. Melee = free because once you have gotten a certain amount of money, you can buy a weapon and sell it back again for the same cost. Magic's "weapons" are spells, and once you use them, you can never get your money back. Reducing the cost of the spells is a solution, perhaps by allowing a random number of spells per cast in order to make them more like ranged (You can collect a certain portion of your arrows back and reuse them, no?)

The miasmic spells should also be far more cheap and more practical to use. 15 minute usage is, frankly, unacceptable, and so it the fact that not only does the staff cost a lot, but the spells themselves affect ranged. I don't know why you claim that ranged should be affected by miasmic spells, Compfreak.

I'm all for increasing the practicality of using magic against melee, and reducing its practicality to against ranged.

final.gif

Oh, green, just like guthix \'

Anyway, here is a Jagex Mod's post regarding this matter: 55-56-698-58321639

Search this on the RSOF, I can't link to the page itself for some reason.

And yes, mages need cheaper spells.

I'm glad you agree on the fact that mages need cheaper spells, :-).

final.gif

On topic: F2P magic is terrible at higher levels, even medium levels, but it gives players a slight feel to the skill, which is all f2p intends to do.

Lolwat? Are you saying that magic is fine in F2P? Is that a yes or a no?

I like the word you useds, "Slight feel." How about a full feel of the power of higher level magic spells: harder hitting spells and immobilization for longer durations. Oh yeah, and the issue of magic armor in F2P needs to be addressed as well. Don't you agree, Warrior?

Melee can hit 30s on flimsy F2P magic robes. Magic can bind for 5 seconds. 5.

final.gif

Very simple. No one combat class should completely overpower another one. Range does very, very well against melee - melee easily defeats an inexperienced (majority of RS) mage, although it loses to someone with more knowledge and practice; why should range be so effective against mage?

Magic is expensive for a reason, and that reason is power. It's the best combat style in the game; a price has to be paid. That being said, I like the direction they took with FOG - providing free runes for mages. However, think of what castle wars\soul wars would look like with that; it would be virtually all mages!

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Very simple. No one combat class should completely overpower another one. Range does very, very well against melee - melee easily defeats an inexperienced (majority of RS) mage, although it loses to someone with more knowledge and practice; why should range be so effective against mage?

Magic is expensive for a reason, and that reason is power. It's the best combat style in the game; a price has to be paid. That being said, I like the direction they took with FOG - providing free runes for mages. However, think of what castle wars\soul wars would look like with that; it would be virtually all mages!

Magic is not the best combat style in the game. Ranged easily beats magic. That's the way it should be. Making miasmic spells affect ranged is a step in the wrong direction. We've had significant debate about magic beating melee, and hence we're still arguing.

A meleer with full armor will dominate a ranger. This is a fact. I can make a thread about it to see what other people think about this ridiculous statement.

Ranged should be effective against magic because the combat triangle exists, to answer your question. I point you to Jagex's backing of the existence of this combat triangle:http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=1702. We're here to help with our discussion in their tweaking of the combat triangle. Every class has a disadvantage.

Therefore, it is safe to say that magic should not cost as much because it begins to get too expensive when trying to counter an experienced warrior. I.e. Using barrages and miasmic spells is extremely expensive and the cost should be reduced in order to increase the number of mages and tone down the absurd number of meleers. You seem to WANT melee & ranged dominance in regards to their population, and this seems equally ridiculous.

Mages would not overwhelm castle wars because rangers would have a field day slaughtering them and racking up insane numbers of kills. A balance will be created where there are equal numbers of mages, meleers, and rangers. This is the objective.

If magic is so !@#$ing overpowered, then how come there are so little mages. I'll answer that: It's because costs are insane for something that is sub-par.

final.gif

I think it should be noted that while using magic is expensive, a warrior has far more to lose should he die.

Ahrims costs plenty. Expensive melee weapons can easily be protected. Runes can't be protected because, well, you have to use them! Zuriel's staff can't be protected, because, well, IT DEGRADES INTO OBLIVION. The cost of magic is too high.

final.gif

Compfreak, I'll quote you on something.

It (Magic) really doesn't suck. Range will destroy it (Magic); range certainly has the upper hand in the combat triangle. But mage is very effective against meleers; I can't even imagine trying to win a game of castle wars without magic.
final.gif

I think it should be noted that while using magic is expensive, a warrior has far more to lose should he die.

Ahrims costs plenty. Expensive melee weapons can easily be protected. Runes can't be protected because, well, you have to use them! Zuriel's staff can't be protected, because, well, IT DEGRADES INTO OBLIVION. The cost of magic is too high.

maybe unskulled, but with protect item the cost of melee armor goes up really quick. Bandos tasset costs more then full ahrims etc.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

As mentioned before, mage is, at worst, an equal match with range - it is simple for a mage to farcast a ranger, and does very well against a typical tank ranger. Melee simply doesn't stand a chance; a mage will take him down in any situation. All of your point have been covered previously; endlessly parroting them will do you no good. The only reason mage isn't used as much is because it requires skill and tactics, something most RS players simply don't want to deal with. Melee PKing involves standing there smacking something with a whip until it or you keels over. Mage involves a complex intertwining of freezing, running, healing, penalizing and KOing with half a dozen assorted spells, all the while juggling inventories and prayers and keeping a watchful eye for PJers. Few people in RS can or want to do it properly - hence the lack of mage PKers. Those who learn know the power...

DeviledEgg24.png

As mentioned before, mage is, at worst, an equal match with range - it is simple for a mage to farcast a ranger, and does very well against a typical tank ranger. Melee simply doesn't stand a chance; a mage will take him down in any situation. All of your point have been covered previously; endlessly parroting them will do you no good. The only reason mage isn't used as much is because it requires skill and tactics, something most RS players simply don't want to deal with. Melee PKing involves standing there smacking something with a whip until it or you keels over. Mage involves a complex intertwining of freezing, running, healing, penalizing and KOing with half a dozen assorted spells, all the while juggling inventories and prayers and keeping a watchful eye for PJers. Few people in RS can or want to do it properly - hence the lack of mage PKers. Those who learn know the power...

It (Magic) really doesn't suck. Range will destroy it (Magic); range certainly has the upper hand in the combat triangle. But mage is very effective against meleers; I can't even imagine trying to win a game of castle wars without magic.

Which is it, Compfreak? You're contradicting yourself.

final.gif

You can't farcast a ranger. Rangers have d'hide and longranged attacks which hit harder then yours do.

Mage involves a complex intertwining of freezing, running, healing, penalizing and KOing with half a dozen assorted spells, all the while juggling inventories and prayers and keeping a watchful eye for PJers.

Those who learn know the power? Are you blaming the majority of the Runescape population for not knowing how to play the game? Are you blaming high level players with clear experience in PvP combat for choosing the more practical ranged and EDIT: Melee alternatives. Please, stop "parroting" your own elitism and get over yourself. Magic needs changes to its cost and mechanics. It's impractical and costly to PvP with miasmic spells and ancients, and to farcast others "while watching" for Pjers. Puh-leaze.

I noticed how much you love to use the word "parroting," so here it is, just for you

funny-pictures-cat-eating-parrot.jpg

final.gif

You can't farcast a ranger. Rangers have d'hide and longranged attacks which hit harder then yours do.

Ever heard of sidestepping? You have much to learn. How much have you PKed with magic? I'm assuming your magic\defence\melee levels are 99 for accurate comparisons.

Those who learn know the power? Are you blaming the majority of the Runescape population for not knowing how to play the game?

Nope. I am blaming the majority of the Runescape population for not knowing how to use magic effectively. I am including you in that majority, as your answers have indicated you do not have a clear understanding of magic tactics and methods.

Are you blaming high level players with clear experience in PvP combat for choosing the more practical ranged and EDIT: Melee alternatives. Please, stop "parroting" your own elitism and get over yourself. Magic needs changes to its cost and mechanics. It's impractical and costly to PvP with miasmic spells and ancients, and to farcast others "while watching" for Pjers. Puh-leaze.

All that is based on your opinionated ideas, inaccurate due to your lack of experience and knowledge. You are throwing around assumptions and personal opinions as facts, and refusing to even try any of the methods indicated in my posts.

Posting lolcats pictures isn't helping your reputation as a reliable source of information, either. It's merely cementing my stereotype of you as the typical 14 year old who glanced at the max hits of the different combat styles, and without any prior knowledge or experience decided to throw together a 'rant' based on max hits and weapon stats alone. For your benefit, I have included a link to a dictionary where you may peruse your quest for knowledge of the word 'parroting': http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parroting. You may also be interested in the words repeat and echo as synonyms in your never-ending quest for knowledge of the English language. For further information on the subject, please read these pages for more information: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/repetition and http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/parrot, specifically the 3rd definition of "To repeat or imitate without thought or understanding.".

DeviledEgg24.png

Ever heard of sidestepping? You have much to learn. How much have you PKed with magic? I'm assuming your magic\defence\melee levels are 99 for accurate comparisons.

Excuse my lack of knowledge on this terminology but isn't sidestepping just another form of farcasting in which your opponent can't hit you but you can hit them? If that's the case, good luck setting that positioning up, watching out for pjers w/ overpowered dragon claws, making sure you don't splash on the huge magic defense bonus, and breaking through passive magic defense, getting your magic level reduced, getting damaged and healing the ranger at the same time because of that damage, etc.

Nope. I am blaming the majority of the Runescape population for not knowing how to use magic effectively. I am including you in that majority, as your answers have indicated you do not have a clear understanding of magic tactics and methods.

My answers indicate that I know the complications of doing said techniques on experienced opponents. Splashes, weak armor, and expensive spells are all valid examples of the difficulties mages face. I'm sorry, but when I PvP I tend not to fight imbecile rangers who will let you farcast/sidestep/x them. Jagex has specifically stated ranged>magic. YOU have stated ranged> magic. Stop contradicting yourself.

All that is based on your opinionated ideas, inaccurate due to your lack of experience and knowledge. You are throwing around assumptions and personal opinions as facts, and refusing to even try any of the methods indicated in my posts.

My ideas are based on extensive experience; you have no right to comment on that - it's sophomoric. I have tried the methods listed in your posts. Don't forget, I both staked and pked. Ignorance in the arena will cost you dearly, and I made sure not to be ignorant of those techniques. However, I have repeated, NOT parroted, time and again, that your methods are unreliable and cost too much for the average runescaper who has but a few mil. Let's make magic a little more friendly toward them, ay?

Posting lolcats pictures isn't helping your reputation as a reliable source of information, either. It's merely cementing my stereotype of you as the typical 14 year old who glanced at the max hits of the different combat styles, and without any prior knowledge or experience decided to throw together a 'rant' based on max hits and weapon stats alone. For your benefit, I have included a link to a dictionary where you may peruse your quest for knowledge of the word 'parroting': http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parroting. You may also be interested in the words repeat and echo as synonyms in your never-ending quest for knowledge of the English language. For further information on the subject, please read these pages for more information: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/repetition and http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/parrot, specifically the 3rd definition of "To repeat or imitate without thought or understanding.".

Oh, so you know Lolcats? Good to hear. I posted that as merely a comedic trinket to drain some of vast sea of negativity you exude. By the way, not only is my vocabulary on par or above yours, but I understood what you meant by parroting from the very beginning. You parroted your superiority and godliness without thinking about the financial assets and real in-game circumstances of other players. How's that for a sentence, you jerk? And for your information, I'm 6 months old, so there! :roll:

Lastly, parroting would be the incorrect word to use, since I've both eloquently countered everything that has been said against my argument, and I have aquired great understanding from my extensive experience.

final.gif