Going on a Diet, Need advice.

PumpkinPete112

Firstly, it's important you find the right balance between your physical routine, and the amount of food you're taking. It is very important NOT to starve yourself. I've seen people try and go on diets by skipping breakfast. What happens? They're snacking at 3pm despite only having lunch at half 12, and they lose nothing. They've also suffered academically because their brains are literally dead on energy during the morning.

At the same time, don't overexert yourself. If you don't feel physically able to run 5 times a week, don't. You'll do yourself more harm than you will good, and it could possibly lead to a more serious or long-term injury.

The only general advice I would give for everyone thinking of losing weight is to reduce the amount of calories you take by 500 per day. So if you're taking, say, 2,500 now, come down to 2,000 each day. If you're snacking, try and restrict it to only a couple times a week.

As for exercise, the vast majority of people don't need to work out to maintain a healthy weight, because their day to day lifestyle simply doesn't demand it. Get a pedometer, and try and walk up to 10,000 steps a day. Again, if you're not up to walking that much, start at a lower number and work yourself up. That should be plenty exercise for most people.

Finally, only lose weight with accordance to the BMI. Loosing too much weight is just as dangerous as not losing enough, especially in the winter.

Don't starve yourself is the main thing. What you want to do is not eat alot of artifishial stuff (anything with colorings if you can help it, NO CORN SYRUP OF ANY KIND no matter what people say about it being good, and things along those lines) search for webpages about hot to measure the approximate amount of callories in fruit servings and other things (i forgot exactcly but you can weight it and times it by the amount the website gives you)

Food coloring has a lot of calories. :roll:

Anyways, corn syrup and food coloring should generally be avoided because it is in junk food not because it is inherently bad. High fructose corn syrup is essentially just sugar, although more expensive to make than sugar (there's politics behind why we use high fructose corn syrup).

Do not do a diet, it restricts yourself completely to what you can and can't eat. What you need to be looking at is your calorie intake, since that is what is causing weight gain, although fats play a small part in it. Consider doing these:

-I play video games while on a treadmill, it makes you work harder for some reason, i noticed myself sweat more when i did both. Multitask in other words.

-Exercise is the best way to lose weight, easily. I weigh around 160lbs and are 5 '8", and my weight just stays at this no matter how much I work out, so you need to find your ideal weight.

-You need to determine how many calories you can consume in a day. This gives you limitless freedom(almost) to what you can and can't eat, so long as you don't break the limit you set yourself. I set a limit on 1700 calories a day, which is very hard for me to break unless I honestly try. It WILL differ though.

-Some medicines, if you're on a prescription, will cause you to gain weight. If you are on any, those'll need to be factored in.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.