A couple photoshop sketches [updated]

venomai

Me in the mornings before class...

snow2ao0.png

[hide=older versions]snow1of0.png[/hide]

Starting a steampunk series which I hope to later model in 3ds Max. ("concepts" is just a placeholder until I decide on a title)

steampunk1of2.png

steampunk2am2.png

Comments and criticism is welcome. Any ideas on other objects that would look cool "steampunked" is also appreciated.

EDIT: updated snowman

I like it! :)

Look, some smilies have Santa Hats! :XD:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I love the first one

::'

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Really like all of them, and yea do you use a tablet?

I would think that he would. You wouldn't be able to get such precision with a mouse.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

How do the appear huge? The Santa hat probably adds a few pixels to them, and when there all in a row there is probably about 40 odd pixels extra now.

What tablet do you use?

~Ouchy

ojdv.jpg

I was seeing that before, but know they all are wearing Santa Hats ;)

'Cept for ;) and #-o

Would you recommend that tablet at all?

~Ouchy

ojdv.jpg

It's a great tablet. I'd suggest a smaller size, though. The Graphire Wireless looks awesome, too. Pretty much all the WACOM tablets are great, and usually you can find decent prices at smaller computer stores.

It's a great tablet. I'd suggest a smaller size, though. The Graphire Wireless looks awesome, too. Pretty much all the WACOM tablets are great, and usually you can find decent prices at smaller computer stores.

Alright, thanks :)

I'll look into them after Christmas when they have sales and are clearing out old stock :P

~Ouchy

ojdv.jpg

I like the colours you used in the first one. The snowman looks a little disproportional (the head seems huge), but otherwise I like it.

I think the "steampunk series" is great! I love the textures, lineart, shading, the whole thing. Nice job.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

What santa? :lol:

I see what you mean about proportion, though. Thanks! Will fix that shortly.

Uhh snowman :uhh:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I think both of them are actually really well done and thought out. Great atmosphere in the first one, though the perspective seems a bit choppy. 8-)

You don't mind if I have some fun?

Spam: #-o <--Hacks. :ugeek: <3: . And my favourite :XD:

Great work, the steampunk will be epic in 3d.

lampost_sig_stark.png

:thumbup: as I would say in this situation... Sugoi!

Ever played iSketch? You'd be great at it x]

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

The snow on the snowman looks more like frosted glass than snow. I like the idea but it seems like the snowman is tearing up, not sure if that's what you were going for or not. I think the trees look too conspicious if you were going for the quick/rough look for the background, maybe fade them more or use thinner lines. Those are amazing concept drawings, I like the background for them and all as well.

fmsignatureqa0.png

Linework credit goes to someone else who's name escapes me...

I really like the Snowman version of you - very creative. And the second sketch was excellent as well. The first sketch was much better than anything I could do, but not as good as the other two drawings. It seemed kind of plain. Other than that, awesome work dude. :)

Now known as Expl0de.

My Defense Pure Guide

Please don't post on forums whilst inebriated.

Thanks guys. :thumbup:

The snow on the snowman looks more like frosted glass than snow. I like the idea but it seems like the snowman is tearing up, not sure if that's what you were going for or not.

Heh, I suppose the texturing wasn't as subtle as I had hoped for. I see what you mean, and I'll try to fix that in the next version.

I think the trees look too conspicious if you were going for the quick/rough look for the background, maybe fade them more or use thinner lines.

The background is more or less a placeholder right now. I'm slowly chipping away at the scene part-by-part.

The shading on the middle part of the snowmans body feels a bit awkward if I'm honest, otherwise it's amazingly well done in my opinion :thumbup:.

It does seem awkward. I'll try to fix that too, thanks. :)