Vinyl style.

Lenticular_J

So, am I the only one at Tip.It that still listens to records the majority of the time? I love 'em. But I only have a few. Does anybody know any widespread stores or online shops that sell a good quantity of records, good quality, not tearing your money out of your [wagon]? Because I like those kinds and I don't have much money and I like vinyls and I listen to them and I ran, I ran so on and ooooonnnn.

Carry on My wayward sooooooooooooon there'll be peace when you are done lay your weary head to reeeeeeeeeest don't you cry no more (riffidy doo daa)..

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

There are few that aren't good. I, however, have a Numark USB portable turntable. It's really great, and has a good built-in speaker. Small, too - which can be good and bad. You can't have it right next to a wall because all records hang off of the side just a little bit. It doesn't cause any problems, but can be annoying, I'd reckon.

I think they're pretty cheap, too. Mine was a gift, and I think... 80 dollars?

We've got a record player set up in our attic. I used to listen to my dads' old vinyls he'd gathered over the years. Used to spend ages looking at the cover art. Might go have a rake about the attic tomorrow, see what i can find... :idea:

As Steve already said, independent stores are your best bet. There's one near me that has a crap load of old records pretty cheap.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Yea, vinyl. I would love to get into it more, just because it looks so great. I've got some records on vinyl, but we don't have a player anymore. Which is a shame. It's also the reason that I only buy CD's. The last vinyl I bought was in April, we were in Norwich, in a small second hand vinyl shop and I found the record Colorbox on vinyl, it's one of my favorite album covers, so I didn't have to think twice. :)

As for the cheap vinyl, I think it's best to go trough independent record stores, they usually have a second hand section, where you can buy great stuff for low prices. You can also find a lot on sites like e-bay.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Sound quality etc?

Oh and... do most albums go on vinyl? o.o

The sound quality is far better on a record. This explains it (love that website.) And most albums these days are easy to find on vinyl, thanks to DJs and eccentrics such as yours truly.

How2, yeah, I'll probably get most of mine from my uncle. He works at Big3, a recording studio, and he also lives near a huge stocking/sales warehouse of music. Like a CostCo of records and CDs.

A lot of (post-hardcore and early emo , especially) albums were released exclusively on vinyl. It's kind of cliche, and perhaps a bit pretentious, but I really do prefer the sound of vinyl. Anyway, my favorite place for vinyls is probably eBay. That, or various indie record stores/labels that release on vinyl.

When every man is torn apart

With nightmares and with dreams

Will no one lay the laurel wreath

When silence drowns the screams?

sirstickykey.png

I found a great record store for older ones (anything not made post-1992). Got 3 fine quality vinyls for 14 bucks! Uh-huh - John Mellencamp, Scarecrow - John Mellencamp, and a Rockabilly collection! :D