SportsGuy's blog -> Membership, the 65+ plateau, and beyond

I finished my 50th Slayer task in a row.

[hide=Cashing in...]11slayerringpos.png[/hide]

I promptly cashed in the points and made a couple of Rings of slaying.

OH...MY...GOODNESS.

Like an American Express card commercial from the 90s, I will never leave a bank without one. Certainly, I'm going to have to do some gold mining in order to sustain the steady stream of gold bars that will be getting used, but it is worth it.

Above all things the Ring of Slaying provides a teleport with the absolute shortest walking distance to a fairy ring. This revolutionizes my game playing.

First, I'm a sucker for the Oo'glog pools. I never start a farming run without a visit there or continue on a quest without refreshing when I can. The absolute nearest you can get (without spending a wad of cash on a charter boat) is the fairy ring destination A K S. Yes, I've memorized it. A close second in the gnome glider that takes you to 'Lemantolly Undri' ('Feldip Hills' in Gnomish) and for the past few months I've been using a broom to get to the Sorceress' Garden, running north to the cactus patch to harvest the quickly growing cactus spines, then west to the gliders to head on a short jump to the Grand Tree between Al Kharid and Feldip Hills. Everything has changed.

I'm leaving out ANOTHER fantastic teleport location - Pollnivneach. I never really had a problem getting into the deep desert before, but dropping me off right in the middle of the desert in a desert effect-free zone is great! I would fairy ring teleport to the location north of Nardah, run into town, charge up hitpoints at the Eldinis altar, then run to the mysterious cave south-west of the town and west of the Agility Pyramid which would drop me off in Sophanem, but now I have an extra choice. I also get to talk with Sumona at any point and she can remind me of my current task and give me tips.

In addition to the fantastic new method of getting places, the Slayer gem remains after the ring crumbles to dust! Sure, the gem is only 1 gp brand new from a Slayer Master, but it's an extra trip I don't have to worry about taking. Not only that, but Slayer trips have become less of a pain, as have trips to Slayer Masters and banking. I can thank my crafting skilling in F2P a great deal for this new found paradise of transportation. I'm not sure that it's even possible to craft the ring with assistance, but you know what? I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT!

I'm still a little behind on the questing front, but I really have no desire to finish Haunted Mine, a quest that will give me another new teleporting option with the ring - Tarn's Lair. I can't believe the options this new piece of hardware gives me. I still think getting the Slayer Helmet "recipe" first is a good idea, but I certainly wish I'd have grinded through the next 300 points a lot quicker!

Tonight, another trip to Tears of Guthix and waiting to see if Jagex has another release this week!

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... I guess you like the ring? :lol: Have fun teleporting yourself around Runescape!

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

First, I'd like to thank my readers! I've been pretty lazy about updating this blog, but I've actually been doing some exploring across the face of RuneScape...and yes, I've been using my new ring!

Tears of Guthix, Penguin Hide & Seek, and a few Treasure Trails...all pretty standard. I threw into the mix a Shooting Star and a couple of Evil Trees.

It was a very good weekend, though! Levels in Defence, Attack, Strength, Prayer, Slayer, and 101 Combat! It wasn't necessarily that I felt very productive, but taking on slayer tasks allows me to train these at the same time. Purchasing an Abyssal whip a few weeks ago at the suggestion of a friend has also paid big dividends. I may even sell my Dragon longsword, since the reason I purchased it was to "share" XP across the three main melee skills.

I also trained up the Hunter skill in order to make sure that Tears of Guthix puts points back into Summoning. I expect another level in that skill soon, which will allow me to summon an Ibis and cross another task off the Falador Achievement Diary. The Fremennik Achievement Diary will have to wait a little while, though! I tried killing a Mithril Dragon and nearly "used the free teleport to Lumbridge" before one-click teleporting to the Ectofunctus!

I took part in the 150th Jagex quest but not the 151st. I'll save that one for a rainy day. I have enjoyed reading about upcoming content. Sometimes just thinking about the possibilities is even more exciting than the new releases!

295/303 Quest Points

ToG, Penguins, Circus, and a Shooting Star or two. Typical week, though I did manage to get points put into Summoning once again, which put me at 56 Summoning, which meant I could buy and Ibis pouch and cross off another task on the Falador Achievement Diary. Random levels in things like Thieving and Cooking and one while playing around in the Magic Training Arena.

WOW. What a horrible minigame. I took a trip there because I noticed that you needed a certain amount of points there in order to earn access to the Bones to Peaches spell (the task has been added to my "Upgrades" list). Ugh. It's horribly tedious and involves a lot of clicking. I hate those minigames. Not only that, it seems to sap some of my most valuable runes. Laws, Natures, and Cosmic runes are the only ones I use! I have Steam, Lava, Mud, and Air mystic battlestaves, so if I have to do heavy casting, I just bring one of those along. No such luck for the non-elemental runes.

A Duradel slayer task put me in front of Aberrant spectres for the first time...and the first kill was a Lava battlestaff! It's probably the best drop I've ever had, but since I had already purchased one long ago, it became a placeholder (after getting the requisite upgrade to "mystic" for 40k). As I write this, I'm grinding out several more tasks with Mazchna before another visit to Shilo Village and the master Slayer Master. A few more rounds and I'll be able to fletch broad bolts and arrows...unless I have to permanently block a Steel dragon task (STAND UP AND SHOUT!).

Every once in a while I come across Zanik wandering across the face of RuneScape (ever since completing The Chosen Commander quest).

[hide=Zanik in Tzhaar]12zaniktzhaar.png[/hide]

I've seen her taking in the sights at Oo'glog as well...even walking on the top of the salt-spring pool!

[hide=She's not a deity, she only plays one occasionally in RuneScape]13zanikooglogwaterwalki.png[/hide]

Her dialogue is diffferent depending on where she's visiting, so I wonder if she'll appear (or does appear) in many other places and (in the future) give hints about soon-to-be updated content?

[hide=Zanik Teleports Away!]14zanikooglogteleportin.png[/hide]

She's also a Champion, apparently.

[hide=We are both Champions, my friends!]91zanikinchampionsguild.png[/hide]

Finally, there were a couple of holiday events players could take part in during the past couple of weeks.

[hide=It's Brassica Prime!]15brassicaprime.png[/hide]

The April Fools' Day event was interestingly boring, if that makes sense to any of my readers. I let one of my in game buddies kick and tap the cabbage all the way to Oo'glog, but I came along for the ride through Feldip as a protector. A nice "easter egg" for the players, especially considering the letdown of the Easter holiday content. I'm not really interested in emotes or music or toys...give me free experience! I suppose I should be happy with whatever Jagex gives, but the higher levels get, the harder it is to grind...and the harder it is to stay interested!

295/303 Quest Points

It has been a little more than a week, so I think another update is in order. As usual, Penguin Hide & Seek and Tears of Guthix and an Evil Tree and even a Shooting Star deep in the wilderness. While advancing a Slayer level, I received a set of clues which led to some lucrative Treasure Trails rewards.

[hide=Treasure Trail Rewards!]16april12ttrewards.png[/hide]

Not only did I advance another level in Slayer, but I also reached the 1000 point milestone, which allowed me to purchase the final "skill" from the Slayer Masters.

[hide=I can fletch broad arrows and bolts!]17slayerfletchingpos.png[/hide]

I have yet to fletch any broad arrows or bolts, but since those are equivalent to adamant arrows, I wonder if I'll worry about picking up the odd steel arrow anymore.

I plan on working a little on construction this week, just to make sure that Tears of Guthix points continue to flow into my one untrained skill...Summoning. I may also work on the Hunter skill and try to inch closer to level 70 in Prayer, though I'll be relying heavily on the points from the Penguin Hide & Seek minigame for the next few weeks until I can reach that level. After that, I'll start putting the points back into Herblore or Runecrafting, possibly alternating week after week.

Firemaking is one of my least favorite skills to train, but I may start training it with a couple of loads of logs a day, just to spread out the unenviable task of getting that skill into the 90s.

Sooner or later I'll have to fish for another 1000 monkfish to use as my main food source and train Agility and Thieving for some additional access. I may try and cross off a few more Achievement Diary tasks with the aid of stat boosters and may actually finish off a quest! I'm just trying to stay busy and interested in the game!

295/303 Quest Points

• 2 weeks later...

This week's trip to Tears of Guthix put points into Construction, which raised me to level 57. I haven't done anything with the skill in quite some time, but perhaps I'm due for a few levels, an upgrade to a Teak telescope for my study, some unlimited teleporting with my POH portal chamber. I'm not excited at the prospect of training it, but not completely turned off by it.

Penguin Hide & Seek points went into Prayer once again and it should be two or three more weeks before reaching the 70 plateau. I can't see training it too hard after reaching that level, because I will tackle Knight Waves and several Achievement Diary entries after getting to 70. There isn't too much waiting after that level and before 99 to cause me to worry too much about it other than burying the bones I come across.

Circus...I mixed things up and went for a megaphone, that curiously seems to be missing from my rewards. I thought I had the circus costumes completed, but for some reason, I never got the megaphone for the Ringmaster set (I think that's where it belongs). I thought I had collected all the high rewards first, then "threw" competitions for the lower stuff...it turns out I was missing something.

I bought some rune bolts to help Tip.It with data for a calculator. I'm not sure if it turned a profit, but I took out 20 blue dragons, tanned the hides and made them into blue d'hide bodies, grinded the bones, and high alched the drops and ended up with more than 39k and some prayer experience from an investment of little over 36k and 40 minutes of time. Bronze Dragons are my latest Slayer task (curses Chaldear!) and though I haven't had them in a long time, it's not too annoying when there are only 50 of them. I think if I ever came across 100 or so Steel Dragons, I'd have to 'blacklist' them for sure. Right now, that's the only point to my Slayer point collection...saving them for permanent bans.

I'm close to another level in Agility, Ranging, Runecrafting, and Summoning. I'm not terribly interested in training anything right now, so it looks like Slayer has gone from my least favorite skill to my most often trained...by default really. It's better to have a purpose to training my melee skills than to randomly kill things. I'm sure I'll mix in some Firemaking and Woodcutting training in with the usual Farming run and see if I can't do some more research on the Website Updates & Corrections forums. I like confirming information there for people...it makes me feel useful!

295/303 Quest Points

BIG day...a REALLY BIG day.

I started with Tears of Guthix and a below average trip that still managed to get me to level 57 Summoning. A trip to the ectofunctus with 40+ dragon bones edged me ever so close to my prayer goal. I expected Penguin Hide & Seek to put me over the brink, but it left me with less than 700 experience to go. I was about to kill a few dozen enemies for Big Bones, but while on my way from the Ardougne Zoo to a fairy ring teleport, I came across a fallen star. I decided to mine it, even though there was less than a full level left. I accepted the small rewards for less than 50 stardust and set about mining some nearby iron ore when I received a random event. I caught Molly's evil twin sister and took the experience lamp as a reward and...VOILA! Level 70 prayer!

[hide=70 Prayer]18prayer70.png[/hide]

I quickly set about doing the two achievement diary tasks involving that level. First, changing my family crest to Saradomin. I was pleased to find out that it didn't change my Misthalin painted Rune kiteshield. Theoretically, a person could have one of each in their bank...though I wouldn't want to waste that space.

The other task needed a little combat to complete. First, I took a trip from Oo'glog to Port Tyras and bought my first Dragon halberd. It's a slow weapon, but I needed it to complete Knight Waves.

I had tried this sidequest before and ended up failing. This time, by utilizing safe spots I was able to complete it, but I missed out on the fantastic dialogue from Merlin after the completion because my computer's mouse is...well, terrible. I'm not that upset, but it would have been nice to see what he had to say.

Earlier this week, I suffered a tragedy in the game. My character died with a bunch of very valuable equipment because I failed to do any research on a Treasure Trail clue and ran into a Saradomin Wizard with inappropriate gear. What really upset me is that several of the items weren't unique, but just hard to get. I did make it back to my grave in time to take a few items before they disappeared (the location was in the Mort Myre Swamp), but I shouldn't have let myself die. I could easily have run, but I was close to killing the enemy and died from poison, not from a killing blow. I should have used a teleport, but I was lazy.

The rewards for completing the trail weren't that great.

I can't remember where I got the "fatal" clue, but I had a couple of Infernal mage tasks to complete before visiting Duradel for my current task of Scabarites.

[hide=Nice loot...]19infernalmageloot.png[/hide]

[hide=Another nice benefit of this task]20combat103.png[/hide]

I'm not sure what I'll take on next, but I think Penguin Hide & Seek points will go into Runecrafting next. I think a quest is long overdue, but I'm not sure what quest to finish. Decisions, decisions!

295/303 Quest Points

• 2 weeks later...

Tears of Guthix trips haven't been especially fantastic over the past month. That is, until this weekend's foray into the cave...

[hide=Tears of Guthix trip!]21tog180.png[/hide]

Penguin Hide & Seek points went toward a mixture of Construction and Runecrafting. I finished off my Circus wardrobe and earned some good experience in Magic and Ranging performances. I finished a few Treasure Trails clues...

[hide=Treasure Trail Rewards]22may12ttrewards.png[/hide]

The number of clues I've been seeing is actually something of a nuisance. Not necessarily following them, but the terrible value for time spent is affecting my desire to play the game, not just follow the clues. As I've probably mentioned before, I can't bring myself to drop or ignore even one!

I've been getting plenty of scrolls dropped during Slayer tasks. I finally finished my 99th task and have yet to decide what I'm going to do about my 100th...Waterfiends...a lot of them, too. I almost forgot...while on my 98th task (Dust Devils), I reached 104 Combat and a Total Level of 1700.

I may put off training melee and Slayer for a little while and do some real level grinding now that I'm close to an even "pause" point at 100 tasks. There aren't any real benefits to continuing at the moment. I still haven't received a high level drop (lava battlestaves are the best I've done, I think).

I did cross off a couple more Achievement Diary tasks, but only ones that I could either "buy" my way to finishing or "boost" toward. As it so happens, it was with the same item, a Wild Pie.

I couldn't really say what I expect to do next, but I would guess it would have to do with a quest or unlocking something new. I might even try a minigame. I'm not terribly interested in playing at the moment. We'll see if something happens to change that in the week to come (maybe something new from Jagex?).

295/303 Quest Points

I killed a Mithril Dragon today! Actually, I killed three in one trip.

None of the beasts dropped Chewed bones, but just one was enough to take care of the last Hard task in the Fremennik Achievement Diary.

[hide=Fremennik Diary Complete!]23fremennikachdiarycomp.png[/hide]

I did manage some good rune weapon drops, enough to give me a return on my potion investments. It was scary. I didn't even dare try taking a snapshot of my first kill.

Now that I've "bagged" the Mithril Dragon, I am not as fearful of the Ancient Caverns. That's a good thing, since my 100th Slayer task happens to be Waterfiends...136 of them.

I expect a couple more levels here and there this week. I fished for enough monkfish to get me a level closer to being able to fish for sharks with a harpoon and then made some admiral pie in order to cross another Seer's Village Achievement Diary task of my list. Cooking them might take some more level boosting, not to mention fletching all the way to magic longbows for the final task from the diary.

295/303 Quest Points

I really like your blog. :)

You show alot of dedication to it, more already than in any blog I've seen so far. :shock:

Good luck with your goals. :D :-#

Ryan31rjk.png

[hide=]24x Dboots/28x Whips/6x Dbows

50+ Dk drops

99 Cooking achieved 25th of Janurary #52114 to 99.

99 Hunter achieved 21st Feburary #7216 to 99.

99 Defence achieved 7th July #48009 to 99.

99 Hitpoints achieved 5th August #60299 to 99.

99 Attack achieved 14th August #70001 to 99.

99 Strength achieved 2nd September #100069 to 99. [/hide]

(Was almost a c-c-c-combo breaker)

Wow, Sportsguy, you've been busy!

Congratulations on your first mithril dragon kill, and finishing up the Fremennik diary. Good luck on that waterfiends task! I know you're mostly training Summoning through Tears, but are you collecting charms at all for eventually training summoning? If so, waterfiends should be great for that.

Good luck on getting the levels you need to finish off the Seers' diary.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Wow, do I dislike "Stealing Creation" a ton. I'm just cursed with being on teams that stack up against people who get the mages stationed around the area, freezing players making runs toward the kilns, then warriors come to finish us off. 20 minutes for less than 10 points is terrible. That means close to an hour for one stinking fletching knife.

I bought one to morph into a fletching knife. I started out at level 67 with 582,012 experience. 1159 yew logs to start, too.

27 yew shortbows (unstrung) used up 5% of the charge and left me with 585,687 experience.

27 more used up, not surprisingly, 5% more of the charge and 589,302 experience. I kept this up until I got close to levelling up to level 68 and stopped with 135 unstrung yew shortbows in the bank. I had 76% of the charge left and started stringing. It took 72 of them to get to 605,097 experience and level 68. I went ahead and cast high alchemy to free up the bank space. 34,560 gold for 72 clicks of the mouse.

I got started again. 63 unstrung shortbows remained in my bank. After the first load of yews got cut, I had 90 and 608,742 experience, 71% of the charge left in the tool, and 997 yew logs in the bank. 27 more, 612,387 experience, 66% left. 616,032 experience after another 27 and still 62% of the charge left. 619,677 experience, 57% of the charge. 623,322 experience, 52% charge left. With 225 unstrung yew shortbows in the bank and 47% of the charge remaining I had 626,967 experience. 43% of the charge, 630,612 experience. 38% of the charge, 27 more in the bank, 634,257 experience. 33% of the charge, 27 more, 637,902 experience with 30,149 experience to level 69.

If I had to guess, I think it would take me another proto-tool to get to level 70 and just to estimate, at least 15 more to level 80. I'll also have to fletch thousands of yews and then magic logs. It looks like I've got a lot more cutting to do!

Okay, back to fletching. 333 unstrung yew shortbows in the bank. 28% of the charge in the tool remaining. 641,547 experience in the skill. 645,192 experience, and 24% of the charge. 27 more shortbows cut got me down to 19% charge, 648,837 experience, and 700 yew logs left in the bank. 652,482 experience, 14% charge left. 656,127 experience, 9% charge left which means maybe one and one half to two loads. Another 27 shortbows cut leaves me with 5% charge and 659,772 experience. The next load was the last full one. 495 unstrung yew shortbows in the bank after stringing and high alchemizing 72 in the middle of the cutting. 592 yew logs in the bank and the tool says that it has almost run out of charges. Three more are able to be cut before it crumbles into dust, leaving me without a proto-tool, 663,764 experience (just 4,287 experience to level 69). 498 unstrung yew shortbows in the bank (plus 72 more would have been 570). I could stop now and cut more, but I want all the experience I can get and fortunately, I have plenty of string to string the bows.

64 of them strung gets me to level 69 in Fletching. I can fletch runite bolts and yew AND runite crossbows...why? Couldn't they shove one of those into a different level? 68 or rune crossbows at level 71 or something? I digress...

Stringing the rest left me with 697,379 experience and 40,248 left to level 70 and yew longbows. High alchemy left me with a nice sum of cash.

[hide=...495...496...497...]24highalch498yewshortbo.png[/hide]

239,040 gold pieces.

Totals? You want totals? 115,367 experience for cutting and stringing 570 yew shortbows with a morphic fletching knife, high alchemized for 273,600 gold. Not bad, but not fun.

295/303 Quest Points

I'm getting very close to level 80 in a couple of different skills. I haven't "broken 80" yet with any skill, so the first one to reach a level plateau is always a little more special and significant.

The closest is Farming. As a member only skill, it got started much later than many of the skills I've trained. It's not exactly the most fun skill to train, but it's not that difficult and fits into my "daily RuneScape routine" since I've been collecting the produce for use in various other skill training.

The next closest (and closing in fast) is Woodcutting. I don't train the skill often, but in an effort to get to level 80 Fletching (for an Achievement Diary task), I used up a great deal of yew logs in my stock. To replenish, I've been cutting yews and alternating between banking and burning them near the stand of trees I'm cutting down. Since I'd also like to train Firemaking to a respectable level, I've been wondering if it wouldn't be better to cut and burn in beacons.

For instance: I have 1,515,076 firemaking experience at the moment. Burning a full inventory of yew logs gets me to 1,520,652 exprience. Setting fire to a beacon uses 20 logs (plus 5 if you give some to keep it lit). I'm under the impression that no matter what type of logs you use in the beacon, you get the same amount of experience for lighting the beacon and for the bonus for keeping multiple beacons lit at the same time. It would then seem that normal logs would be the best things to use and that lighting just one or two beacons at a time would be the best way to maximize experience.

It would appear that the best way to level up in that respect is to take two loads of regular old logs and visit the two highest level beacons you can light. Load them up, light them, and you get the experience, plus a big bonus. I have absolutely no proof of that, but that's what it looks like when reading Tip.It's guides.

Oh well. For now, I'll continue to cut and burn what I can.

EDIT: Woodcutting for the win!

[hide=Woodcutting...Level 80]25woodcutting80.png[/hide]

Farming will probably place. Show? Maybe Cooking.

295/303 Quest Points

Things have been slow, so I thought I'd provide another fletching log with a morphic fletching knife:

[hide=Fletching log]yew shortbows

000 - 697,379

027 - 701,024

054 - 704,669

081 - 708,314

108 - 711,959

135 - 715,604

162 - 719,249

189 - 722,894

216 - 726,539

243 - 730,184

270 - 733,829

297 - 737,474 - 47%

297 strung - 757,522

yew longbows

000 - 757,522

027 - 761,572 - 42%

054 - 765,622 - 37%

081 - 769,672 - 32%

108 - 773,722 - 26%

135 - 777,772 - 21%

162 - 781,822 - 16%

189 - 785,872 - 10%

216 - 789,922 - 5%

243 - 793,972 - "almost run out of charges"

245 - 794,269 - "crumbles to dust"

245 strung - 814,594

555 total bows

245 yew longbows high alchemized for 198,144 gold

297 yew shortbows high alchemized for 142,560 gold

340,704 gold total[/hide]

295/303 Quest Points

It was a sneakily productive week. I didn't reach any real big goals, but I made the usual trips to ToG, Penguin Hide & Seek, and the Circus for some experience and decided to continue my assault on Black knights. I ended up receiving my first Dragon drop!

[hide=A nice surprise...]26dropdragonshieldlh.png[/hide]

Needless to say, I was excited and immediately set out to buy the right half and smith the darn thing.

[hide=Starting to smith it...]27fixingdragonsqshield.png[/hide]

[hide=...still smithing...]28dragonsqshieldrestore.png[/hide]

Once I had the whole shield, I just HAD to take a picture, right?

[hide=Dragon Square Shield Equipped!]29dragonsqshieldequippe.png[/hide]

It helped nicely with my continuing task and before long, I had killed enough Black knights in the game to be considered a White Knight Master!

[hide=White Knight Mastery!]30whiteknightmaster.png[/hide]

Once I had that out of the way and crossed off my list, I set out to get some more experience and saw that the newest quest had some rewards. I crossed that quest off my list, as well as the minor side-quest.

I made some mahogany tables to boost my Construction skill to level 60 and caught enough orange salamanders to get the Hunter skill across that 60 barrier, too. That means my one and only skill NOT at the 60 threshold is Summoning...and it also happens to be the one and only skill that I haven't used. I've made exactly three pouches (all for the Spirit of Summer quest and obviously not including the ones you MUST do to complete the Wolf Whistle quest) and had I thought about it, I could have bought the three I made on the G.E. and been completely 'pure' in at least one skill. I'm okay with it.

What's next? I have no idea. I'll probably try and make some cash and more than likely have another skill at level 80 this week. After reaching that level, it will be possible to use a boosting agent to get to plant Spirit Trees. Where will I put it? I'll have to think about it.

295/303 Quest Points

I almost wasn't going to track my progress this week, but I reached some goals and crossed some tasks off lists and got some interesting drops, so...here's another entry!

First and foremost, I reached level 80 in the Farming skill while checking the health of a Calquat tree. I was clicking so furiously to collect the calquats, I missed getting a picture of the "level up" and since that happened, it liberated me from getting pictures of each and every skill reaching that plateau. I feel a little relieved.

Afterward, I made my way to my bank and noticed 14 Spirit tree seeds. I quickly set about making some Garden pies to boost my way to level 83 Farming (temporarily, of course), planted the seeds in pots and watered each to wait for the sapling stage. Instead of hurrying off to plant one, I let them all sit in my bank for a night.

I solicited some advice on where to plant it, but I decided that using Port Sarim as a transportation hub would be best, since I can easily use free teleportation from the Explorer's ring 3 and make it to the Grand Exchange, the Gnome Stronghold (where I can run to a balloon or up the Grand Tree to a glider), or the Khazard Battlefield (and by extension, South-central Ardougne). The Gnome Tree Village and the Sewer Slayer Dungeon aren't huge destinations, but each has a purpose. I can only hope that Jagex decides that only allowing one tree planted by a gamer at a time is a silly rule.

Why not Etceteria or Brimhaven? Well, Etceteria is an easy reach with the Ring of slaying teleport to Rellekka's Fremennik Slayer Dungeon entrance, a quick run to the fairy ring, teleport to Zanaris, then Miscellania via fairy ring code "C-I-P" and a short run to wherever I need on the islands. I'm not terribly interested in Etceteria's bush patch or the bank, except if I need to free up a bank space while collecting my MTK resources.

Brimhaven was a closer second as a destination. First, it's tough to get to the main parts of the island via natural routes. Brimhaven's patch would allow quick access to the Brimhaven Agility Arena, the fruit tree patch (with coconuts growing), the pineapple bushes, and not too far of a run from the Calquat tree, the Tzhaar city, Karamja plantation...

My problem with that location is that it's in jungle, so it's not exactly convenient for anything but traveling to Shilo Village quickly by cart. Once I finish the Karamja Achievement Diary, I'll be able to teleport there. Also, I'd have to already be at a Spirit Tree to use either Brimhaven or Etceteria. At Port Sarim, I basically have a short run from a never-exhausting free teleport and one-click access from the tree to Draynor Village (meaning I don't ever have to use my Amulet of glory for that purpose).

This morning, I set out for Ape Atoll for the 5 Monkey nuts, the Monkey bar, and thanks to a past 'Suquah' Slayer task, I had the Ground tooth in my bank. All I needed was another bite of the Garden pie after clearing a "pre-treated" Spirit tree patch (I've been anticipating the planting for quite some time) and...voila! She's (or he's) a-growin'! The gardener is happily looking after my tree and I can't wait to check on its health.

For some reason, I had some Penguin Hide & Seek points saved from last week and was surprised to discover I could reach level 62 in the Runecrafting skill. It just means that I'll have to wait two weeks to reach level 63, two more for level 64, two more for level 65, and maybe three for level 66 and the final task for the Falador Achievement Diary. That's if I don't get impatient and try concocting some of Evil Dave's stew spices...

I didn't wait long for my weekly trip to the Circus. I followed some information gathered by fellow Tip.it Forums users and went to perform Magic first...I was able to see audience requests. As usual, those don't pay off and in my diligence to record the information from the performance, I actually lost track of what I was performing and in what order. I think both my score and my experience suffered for it (in Ranged and Agility performances, as well). I did discover that trying to juggle the Tightrope 101 pamphlet counts as a juggled item in terms of experience gained, even though I wasn't permitted to juggle it. Weird.

I needed to clear out some bank space and had 100 or so enchanted bolts (50 each of enchanted ruby-tipped adamant bolts and enchanted diamond-tipped adamant bolts). I decided to make another run at Mithril Dragons.

I managed to cut down three on my first trip, but narrowly avoided death with my one-click teleport to my POH while trying to finish off a fourth without prayer. I couldn't believe my luck (and stupidity at not bringing that one extra prayer mix). I topped off my health, prayer, and run energy in Oo'glog and made my way to the Grand Tree to re-stock and head back to use the 20 or so bolts I had left from each type. Imagine my surprise when I made it back and the dragon had barely recovered any hitpoints at all! Even more surprising, had the player attacking the Mithril Dragon in the spot by the stairs been curious and ventured into my preferred camp instead of stopping at the stairs, he or she would have had an easy kill and might have been able to collect the drops in all the time I spent outfitting.

I managed 4 kills (well, 3.5 each trip, I suppose) and the last dropped an elusive Ancient page for My notes of discoveries under the lake! After selling off the remaining bolts, I made my way to the Piscatoris Fishing Colony. Monkfish...more than a thousand caught (and another Fishing skill level gained) for a specific purpose...the Cooking skill.

Over the past couple of days, instead of collecting Coal ore in MTK, I put most of my citizens to work cutting maples (I still want those seeds and bird nests!) and the rest caught fish. With the aid of Cooking gauntlets, I was able to get within a few hours work of level 80 thanks to those resources, but I wanted to push myself and wanted food I could use for tasks instead of food to sell (like I do with Tuna and Swordfish). I also have been meaning to cross some tasks off Achievement Diary lists, but I'll get back to that in a moment...

For the first time while collecting fishing resources in MTK, I had a Clue scroll "found" by my workers. It was only a level one Treasure Trail, but after a few terrible searches, I did manage to actually get something unique.

[hide=It's a sweater! (no, it's not a sweater)]31may27ttrewards.png[/hide]

A shirt with Bob's face in green on the back. I considered wearing it around as my "default" shirt when I had nothing else, but a) I can't spare the bank space, and B) the cat face would be hidden by any cape I wore anyway. Into the Treasure Trails Chest in my POH it went...

Part of the reason for hurrying to level 80 Cooking was to switch the Family Crest quest reward gauntlets. I chose to get them made into Cooking gauntlets after the quest, but I've been saving my Gold ore for the new set and also wanted to cross off another task on my Varrock Achievement Diary list. Before I did that...

[hide=5 raw sharks cooked in a row without a burn!]32seersvillageachdiaryh.png[/hide]

I set out for Catherby's range and cooked me up some shark! Five for the task...five in a row...none burned. I saved the rest of the hundred or so in my bank and the few uncooked I brought as safeties and sold off the cooked ones on the way to get new gauntlets.

I destroyed the Cooking gauntlets and traveled to South-east Varrock for a new pair...and was surprised to learn that I got a free pair of Cooking gauntlets and not an "unenchanted" pair as I did upon finishing the quest. The hard task got crossed off my list without having to spend a dime. It had been sitting there to avoid a 25k gold "service charge" for re-enchantment. I felt kind of silly, but I made my way to the Al Kharid mine for the new enchantment.

I'm now the proud owner of Goldsmith gauntlets.

I've been slacking off on my Firemaking training and should make another attempt at Stealing Creation to get another level in Fletching. Agility and Thieving should both be at level 70 (shame on me) and at the time of this post, Herblore is less than 3k experience from level 67 (who cares, right?). I may take on some side-quests before next week's Circus and Penguin Hide & Seek points, but probably after another Tears of Guthix trip. I'm more than a few weeks away from ToG being (almost) solely responsible for getting me to level 60 in Summoning. Whoopee.

295/303 Quest Points

It seems like it's getting more and more difficult to get good "scores" during my weekly Tears of Guthix trip. Since it's the very last skill below the 60 plateau, Summoning may STAY below 60 for the next month, unless I can start collecting better totals of tears. As I understand it, time in the cave is tied to quest points.

I think it's time that I finish some more quests.

One of the things I love most about RuneScape is the questing. I savor the stories (though as a new member, I tried to quickly make my way through as many quests as I could in order to enjoy more and more content) and the real tasks set out, but abhor the busy work and ridiculous trails of simple puzzles. I think I've narrowed my list of remaining quests to a manageable few.

If I had to compile an ordered list of quest completion, While Guthix Sleeps would have to come last, simply because it requires other quest completions. What to do next? For the answer, I think I'll look to my remaining Diary tasks.

Only one hard task remains on my Varrock Achievement Diary lists after making enough mahogany dining tables to get to level 62 Construction, which, along with tea and the crystal saw let me construct up to level 67 items (and then 68 once I put together the Teak Shelves 2 in my POH kitchen). Once I use the home teleport to Edgeville on the Ancient Magicks spellbook I'll be able to make 64 battlestaves in one day as well as enter the Cooking Guild without a Chef's hat and gain access to the Cooking Guild bank. To do that, I need to finish the Desert Treasure quest.

I still need to find some people to let me become champion in the TzHaar Fight Caves and then kill a Ket-Zek. That will finish off the Karamja Achievement Diary.

I'm still putting Penguin Hide & Seek points into Runecrafting each week, though I may resort to using Spicy Stew before that point in order to finish off the Falador Achievement Diary.

The Seers' Village Achievement Diary may take a few more trips to Stealing Creation in order to get morphic fletching knives to reach level 80 Fletching, though I might also resort to a Spicy Stew for that final task.

295/303 Quest Points

I've received a bunch of bad news lately in real life, so I decided this week to finish some new quests, especially the new one which gave an additional "penguin point" in the form of a polar bear sighting. After finishing the newest quest, I took on two others, one of which finished got me to the full total of Varrock Museum kudos.

I spied on penguins and the polar bear, visited the circus to perform (and gained another magic level in the process), and updated my gear setups. After that, I decided it was time to train some skills that have been neglected and visit some areas I've overlooked.

I trained Agility in the wilderness, but then remembered that I've never tried the werewolf area, so I made a trip.

[hide=Skullball Score]33skullballrecord.png[/hide]

I trained some Runecrafting, a usually mind-numbing exercise, but a necessary one since that's another one of the task requirements in an Achievement Diary.

Next, I either had to burn some logs or cut them up. I opted for the latter. I played some rounds of Stealing Creation and managed to work up to 100 points...that's 5 morphic tools, 5 sacred clay fletching knives, and who knows how much experience.

Rather than keep track of each load, I simply decided to start fletching.

I started using the first tool and forgot to take an initial experience total, but I managed to fletch 513 yew longbows before the first tool crumbled to dust at level 71 fletching. While stringing them I managed to get to level 72. I decided that I'd round off the rest of the level with stringing those bows and then fletching and stringing maple longbows on the fly. The maple logs are easily obtained and I'd rather get the satisfaction of levels gained through the fletching knives than in some other way. After a few loads of maple longbows, I wasn't sure I was making the right decision.

My POH received some nice additions thanks to some levels picked up by making mahogany dining tables. Hunter received a level boost and at next week's Tears of Guthix, I expect to reach another Summoning level, still untrained.

As for my next level 80 skill, it looks like it very well may be Hitpoints. A strange, but useful addition to my "80 arsenal" and there really isn't anything close to overtake it.

I'm going to get back to fletching, but I may take a break to track down Surok. I've been meaning to take care of that guy and his henchman Bork. It's either that or finish off Treus Dayth in the Haunted Mine.

295/303 Quest Points

There are still plenty of goals for me to complete in the realm of RuneScape, but slowly and steadily, I'm crossing off more and more of the goals I've set for myself. Some of them with the aid of boosting my stats with potions, familiars, or stews.

That's right, the wonderful, unreliable, but easy to make Spicy stews! I hadn't remembered too much about them, basically because one of the more forceful members of the Tip.It crew decided that the concoction is not worth writing too much about, simply because they don't work the same way each time. What an unfortunate mistake. For some skills, it is the ONLY way to boost your skill above your current earned level and since they do work when considering the Achievement Diary tasks (or just in general for that matter, if you want to make something you can't ordinarily make in a pinch).

Consider my Runecrafting skill. Most of my runes are earned in battle and I have no desire to "busy" myself in game play by boosting a skill that doesn't really hold anything for me above the levels necessary to craft laws, natures, and cosmic runes. Most of the "higher" runes are collected in battle and since I don't train magic in battle, it seems silly to me to go after a higher Runecrafting level, especially since it appears the days of running runes are basically over. I started putting Penguin Hide & Seek rewards toward the skill after reaching a respectable level in some of the other skills I'd been working on (see past entries in this thread), but it would have been weeks before I could craft the number of air runes that was needed to finish off the Falador Achievement Diary hard tasks, even with the aid of my trusty Explorer's ring 3. I went through the cheap process of buying a kitten and letting it grow into a cat and then set it loose on Evil Dave's hell-rat population. Orange spice collected...check. Stews made and sitting in the bank...check. I had also been training Fletching in order to possibly finish off the Seer's Village Achievement Diary, so I had my knife, magic logs, and bowstring ready in case that statistic was raised instead of Runecrafting, but lo and behold on the first Spicy stew ingested...level 67 Runecrafting! Temporarily, of course...

I nervously banked everything and withdrew a full compliment of Pure essence. I clicked on the Explorer's ring 3 that I was wearing and made sure I was still wearing the Omni-tiara (I had thoughtfully prepared in case I needed to be ready for this moment) and after teleporting to the Falador farm, ran as fast as I could to the Air altar and crafted 200 runes (thanks to the benefits of the ring, a prize from a different Achievement Diary). I missed the congratulatory screen because I was trying to make sure that I got to the place in time and was clicking like mad, but I did save the note in my chat box for my eventual trip for a new upgrade to my arsenal and took a picture talking to the White Knight Castle Squire.

[hide=Falador Achievement Diary complete!]34faladorachdiarycomple.png[/hide]

A terrific piece of equipment! A full prayer recharge (daily) which is fantastic, but the prayer boosts for wearing the shield make it even more attractive. In addition, it's one more completed diary that I don't have to worry about.

Something else that had been sitting unfinished - unattempted, even - was running through the Chaos Tunnels to chase after Surok. I finally geared up and took him on, nervously running low on food because in an effort to make sure I had enough space for his drops, I didn't take a full inventory.

[hide=Bork's first defeat]35firstborkdefeat.png[/hide]

He went down without too much trouble and I was able to finally cross another item off the "One and done" list.

What's left? I've been cutting yew logs to gain another level in Fletching and hopefully, with the aid of Spicy stew, cross yet another tough or expensive skill off my personal skill goals list by crossing another Achievement Diary off my list.

Since the Spicy stews could add as many as 6 levels to one skill, I needed to get to level 74 (level 80 is when you can freely fletch yourself a Magic shortbow) and used a combination of a sacred clay fletching knife and bowstrings. I may try for one more level in order to use less Spicy stews, but I haven't decided yet on further courses of action.

[hide=Fletching log, level 73 to level 74]starting experience points - 993,419 exp / starting Fletching level 73

Fletching with the sacred clay knife

27 - 997,469 94%

54 - 1,001,519 89%

81 - 1,005,569 84%

108 - 1,009,619 78%

135 - 1,013,669 73%

162 - 1,017,719 68%

189 - 1,021,769 63%

216 - 1,025,819 57%

243 - 1,029,869 52%

270 - 1,033,919 47%

297 - 1,037,969 42%

324 - 1,042,019 36%

351 - 1,046,069 31%

378 - 1,050,119 26%

405 - 1,054,169 20%

432 - 1,058,219 15%

459 - 1,062,269 10%

486 - 1,066,319 5%

513 - 1,070,316 crumbles to dust

Stringing the bows...

14 - 1,071,366

28 - 1,072,416

42 - 1,073,466

56 - 1,074,516

70 - 1,075,566

84 - 1,076,616

98 - 1,077,666

112 - 1,078,716

126 - 1,079,766

140 - 1,080,816

154 - 1,081,866

168 - 1,082,916

182 - 1,083,966

196 - 1,085,016

210 - 1,086,066

224 - 1,087,116

238 - 1,088,166

252 - 1,089,216

266 - 1,090,266

280 - 1,091,316

294 - 1,092,366

308 - 1,093,416

322 - 1,094,466

336 - 1,095,516

350 - 1,096,566

364 - 1,097,616

378 - 1,098,666

392 - 1,099,716

406 - 1,100,766

420 - 1,101,816

434 - 1,102,866

448 - 1,103,916

462 - 1,104,966

476 - 1,106,016

490 - 1,107,066

504 - 1,108,116

513 - 1,108,791

finishing experience points - 1,108,791 exp / finishing Fletching level 74[/hide]

[hide=Fletching log, level 74 to level 75]1,118,791 experience - level 74

27 - 1,122,841 94%

54 - 1,126,891 89%

81 - 1,130,941 85%

108 - 1,134,991 78%

135 - 1,139,041 73%

162 - 1,143,091 68%

189 - 1,147,141 63%

216 - 1,151,191 57%

243 - 1,155,241 52%

270 - 1,159,291 47%

297 - 1,163,341 42%

324 - 1,167,391 36%

351 - 1,171,441 31%

378 - 1,175,491 26%

405 - 1,179,541 20%

432 - 1,183,591 15%

459 - 1,187,641 10%

486 - 1,191,691 5%

513 - 1,195,688 crumbles to dust

...stringing the bows...

14 - 1,196,738

28 - 1,197,788

42 - 1,198,838

56 - 1,199,888

70 - 1,200,938

84 - 1,201,988

98 - 1,203,038

112 - 1,204,088

126 - 1,205,138

140 - 1,206,188

154 - 1,207,238

168 - 1,208,288

182 - 1,209,338

196 - 1,210,388

210 - 1,211,438 (197 - Fletching level 75)

224 - 1,212,488

238 - 1,213,538

252 - 1,214,588

266 - 1,215,638

280 - 1,216,688

294 - 1,217,738

308 - 1,218,788

322 - 1,219,838

336 - 1,220,888

350 - 1,221,938

364 - 1,222,988

378 - 1,224,038

392 - 1,225,088

406 - 1,226,138

420 - 1,227,188

434 - 1,228,238

448 - 1,229,288

462 - 1,230,338

476 - 1,231,388

490 - 1,232,438

504 - 1,233,488

513 - 1,234,163

513 bows, high alched for 393,984 coins[/hide]

295/303 Quest Points

I'm starting to like Tuesday, if for no other reason than Jagex updates. Even if I don't like the update content, I tend to like the fixes they implement.

The run energy spots seem like fun additions. I was excited at the prospect of having further run capabilities, but it seems as if I can't run as far before needing a recharge, contrary to what Jagex says in the release notes.

The new potions excite me, but at the same time, make me think Jagex is actually watching me play. It all of the sudden seems that when I'm going for new Crafting and Fletching skill levels, they release a new herb and potion. Curiously, they didn't make them barbarian "mix"-able, but that's fine, because I don't anticipate keeping stocks of them around. The herbs, yes. The potions themselves, no.

Tears of Guthix put me up a level in Summoning and I decided to put a big portion of the Penguin Hide & Seek points toward the skill as well. I put the rest into the Hunter skill and probably will put them in that skill for the next few weeks, to help me toward 66 and the ability to wear a Spottier cape. Circus points boosted me to level 79 Magic, which means I have some work to do in order to level out my combat skills. I expect to level up the melee skills to level 78 soon, I need a lot of work on Ranged to get that on par with the others, Prayer is...untrainable with my attitude, but Hitpoints should be at level 80 before anything else.

I advanced a level in Mining while coming across a Shooting Star, which happened to be nearby the place I was chopping yews in order to bank them for Fletching. Interestingly enough, I have my first level 81 skill as a result of the chopping.

[hide=Woodcutting, Level 81]36woodcutting81.png[/hide]

Next week's Tears of Guthix will put me over the level 60 plateau, or at least I expect it to do so. I'll try to remember to take a snapshot of it, especially since it will be a largely untrained skill (I have used pouches that I purchased and made three for a quest, earning experience in each instance). When I reach 1100 banked yew logs, I'll fletch my way to level 77 and the ability to fletch magic shortbows with potion assistance. I may try Spicy stews before then, but I did use 20 of them trying at level 74, but only got as close as level 79, a 5 point skill boost.

If I manage to get the Seers' Village Diary completed, I'll complete Desert Treasure to finish off the Varrock Diary, then try and complete the Karamja Diary as well...in that order. If I don't, I'll probably try Haunted Mine (and Tarn's Diary) and The Path of Glouphrie. Saving quests doesn't seem as important now that I'm not concerned with helping the crew and focusing on my own gaming enjoyment. Real life events have precipitated those feelings.

295/303 Quest Points

A busy couple of days has gotten me even closer to emptying my task lists of quests and side-quests and diaries and...well...everything else.

[hide=Fletching log, level 75 to level 76]level 75 - 1,234,913 experience - 100% charge

27 - 1,238,963 - 94%

54 - 1,243,013 - 89%

81 - 1,247,063 - 84%

108 - 1,251,113 - 78%

135 - 1,255,163 - 73%

162 - 1,259,213 - 68%

189 - 1,263,263 - 63%

216 - 1,267,313 - 57%

243 - 1,271,363 - 52%

270 - 1,275,413 - 47%

297 - 1,279,463 - 42%

324 - 1,283,513 - 36%

351 - 1,287,563 - 31%

378 - 1,291,613 - 26%

405 - 1,295,663 - 20%

432 - 1,299,713 - 15%

459 - 1,303,763 - 10%

486 - 1,307,813 - 5%

513 - 1,311,810 - crumbles to dust

...stringing the bows...

14 - 1,312,860

28 - 1,313,910

42 - 1,314,960

56 - 1,316,010

70 - 1,317,060

84 - 1,318,110

98 - 1,319,160

112 - 1,320,210

126 - 1,321,260

140 - 1,322,310

154 - 1,323,360

168 - 1,324,410

182 - 1,325,460

196 - 1,326,510

210 - 1,327,560

224 - 1,328,610

238 - 1,329,660

252 - 1,330,710

266 - 1,331,760

280 - 1,332,810

294 - 1,333,860

308 - 1,334,910

322 - 1,335,960

336 - 1,337,010 (329, Fletching level 76)

350 - 1,338,060

364 - 1,339,110

378 - 1,340,160

392 - 1,341,210

406 - 1,342,260

420 - 1,343,310

434 - 1,344,360

448 - 1,345,410

462 - 1,346,460

476 - 1,347,510

490 - 1,348,560

504 - 1,349,610

513 - 1,350,285

513 bows, high alched for 393,984 coins[/hide]

The first task was getting another level in Fletching to make Spicy stews easier to use. Wouldn't you know it, but after getting another level, I reasoned that perhaps using the stew in the Seers' Village bank was preventing me from boosting to 80, so I walked outside and got a 6 point boost. I fletched the necessary magic shortbow in the bank and then a few extras for good measure, until the boost wore off. I now have the Seers headband 3 in my arsenal, and after taking down my Excalibur from my POH wall, I have the Enchanted excalibur thanks to a visit to the Lady of the Lake. Unfortunately, I can't re-mount the enchanted version of the sword, so I put up the Silverlight instead. I think the new Excalibur might actually be useful in combat anyway.

[hide=Seers' Village Diary complete]37seersvillageachdiaryc.png[/hide]

After completing that diary, I was on a mission...the next one to fall would be the Varrock Diary, but that necessitated finishing a long-standing unfinished quest.

It took most of the night, but I did manage to finish and after switching over to the Ancient Magicks spellbook, I was able to "home" teleport to Edgeville and...voila! Another diary done.

[hide=Varrock Diary complete]38varrockachdiarycomple.png[/hide]

Which left the Karamja Diary, so...well...you can probably guess what came next...

[hide=Karamja Diary Complete]39karamjaachdiarycomple.png[/hide]

After completing the diaries and Desert Treasure, the Final Fight portion of the Recipe for Disaster quest became available and I just HAD to have those "Barrows" gloves...

[hide=Finishing off the Culinaromancer...]40culinaromancerexplosi.png[/hide]

It's both satisfying and saddening. I keep finishing off these big tasks and Jagex doesn't seem to be adding enough challenges that I can both take my time to complete and enjoy completing.

I do still have a great number of tasks to complete, but the more I play, the less I have left that interests me. I have even contemplated spending a couple of months in F2P just to see if I like the game enough that way to continue paying a member fee. Silly, I know, but I like the "thrill of the hunt" as the saying goes, even if Hunter is actually one of my least favorite skills to level!

295/303 Quest Points

Hi Sports Guy

I love your blog its awesome :thumbsup:. I have just read it and I thought it was amazing and you have really progressed a lot in a short space of time.

A couple of questions and requests

Do you use Duradel as your slayer master? If so are any of the tasks excessively difficult. I ask because I don't know whether I am good enough to use him yet.

Also how do you get so many ToG points I always end up with about 70. Help :pray:

Two requests

Could you post a bank pic because everyone likes them so they can compare.

Also could you get one of those sigs which says your levels as I got really frustrated by the way it was.

Sorry to be so demanding.

Keep it up and good luck :thumbsup:

vooovv

Thanks to Kadad06 my cousin who got me hooked on this awesome game.

One of the things I always wished celebrities could do more is respond directly to fans in a timely manner. I haven't done a great job of responding to comments in my blog, so this is an effort to catch up and answer people as directly as I can.

Good luck on all your goals! Im sure you will make it!

Thanks! I am, slowly, but surely...

eep first post

good luck with the goals you have tehre, and impressive tears score tbh

I remember this was your very first post on TIF! I was, and still am, honored! Thanks! My ToG scores have been up and down, but I'm proud of my "records" on at least one minigame!

Get some REAL goals

I think they're pretty good. I respect everyone's opinion though...

Dude, he can set his goals to whatever he wants. A low level to someone may be a high level to another.

And good luck on your goals

Thanks! It's always nice to be recognized and read by Tip.It Crew members!

Decided to visit your blog, kind of feels funny though since Crew is mentioned in your last post.

Sorry...I do have a tendency to "tell it like it is" or at least, as it is to me. I think I'm pretty fair about any comments I do make.

I'll post some info on weekly/daily tasks. Although you probably already know it, it might be handy for your readers.

You probably know that Tears of Guthix requires *either* 1 quest point *or* 100,000xp to do. I used to think 100k xp was ridiculously impossible - but I haven't had to delay my weekly visit in over a year lol.

Jagex states in the KB article

Oddly enough, the Summoning Locations article on the KB says that Tears is approved for familiars. "Many minigames allow familiars to be used, so you may find them an amusing way to make use of your familiars. The following games permit the use of familiars:" (and lists Tears). I'm wondering in what way a familiar would be useful at Tears?! Lol.

This information was somewhat interesting, but I was much more concerned with how much playing time I would be able to get in. I like "free" experience, so I saved the quests for a long time and only recently started completing more of them. I did find the 'experience-per-tear' especially useful in knowing when I'd be leveling up.

My strategy with Penguin Hunting is to use it on a task in which I could not earn that amount of xp in the time it takes to hunt the penguins. (I'm slow, it's usually 45 minutes and sometimes longer, though I will prudently quit if the last one is too difficult to find.) Thus, I never use it for combat skills. I use mine on Runecrafting - it's gotten me from 78 to 80 already! At level 80 I get between 24K and 28K per week, which is nice!

I've done basically the same thing. I've used it on skills that are especially hard or boring for me to train. It has served me well. Right now, I'm planning on using the next couple of weeks on Hunter. It's just such a boring thing to train, in my opinion.

I still visit the Circus each week (though I have all the outfits). I think it's great xp for just a few moments of my time. I get around 7K agility (my agility is my lowest skill, around 75), around 15K ranged (level 85), and 24K magic (level 87). Other people might get more, but I'm not so good at it, lol.

After getting full wardrobes of circus outfits, I admit that I did stop attending the circus. I didn't realize the sheer amount of experience I was missing out on! Thanks to pokemama, I got set back on track!

Like you, I do my battlestaves each day. With Varrock 3 armour, 64 staves a day is 8800xp in crafting. Even though I buy my air orbs on the GE, I still make a profit!

Just recently, I 'upgraded' from Varrock armour 2 to Varrock armour 3, so making all those staves is going to be a little more tedious, but a lot more profitable!

I confess I fail to visit Bork or the Phoenix each day, though they have some good xp and charms. I need to make up a list of what to wear for Bork, because I tend to forget.

By the way, the Chaos Tunnels (Hunt for Surok miniquest http://tip.it/runescape/?page=Hunt_For_Surok.htm which unlocks Bork) aren't so bad, having braved them already you can probably complete the run through them all.

I did end up defeating Bork, several weeks after you suggested I might have been ready and you were right! It wasn't as dangerous as I had thought, but I still underprepared a little for that trip, which is totally out of character for me!

As far as slayer goes, my theory is that Jagex's intention was to separate out players more, so that they weren't all training in the same spots. (Used to be intolerable trying to find a world with any Fire Giants available in Waterfall - now it is fairly easy!) Slayer also has the advantage of compelling non-combat folks like me to train combat. All of the 99 Slayers I know got their 99 melee skills first - and have kicked themselves ever since because their melee skills went WAAAYYY up while getting 99 slayer!

Slayer points are an attractive incentive for me, and I see you are taking advantage of them as well. Great!

I hated Slayer tasks at first, until I started earning the points for completing tasks. Now, with all three special lessons learned from the Slayer masters (how to make a Ring of slaying, how to fletch broad arrows and bolts, and how to make a Slayer helm), I find the tasks much better for advancing those melee skills, as you mentioned. I think it's one of those things you kind of have to figure out on your own. Thanks for the advice, though...it was right on!

Regarding Back to My Roots, the big incentive to finish it is the daily Jade Vine minigame visit! http://tip.it/runescape/?rs2quest_id=180#jadevine This earns a whopping 1500xp Farming for checking it each day, *and* 2500xp Slayer each time you kill it! Definitely a Must-Do! Some players start their play time by fighting it, then check it at the end of the night and log out on the spot, ready to fight it the next day. I'm unorganized so I do it the other way 'round.

The only downside to fighting this guy daily is the necessity for a dose of antipoison. It's almost too easy to skip each day!

Kingdom Managing is also a big daily plus, since the profits are amazing after Royal Trouble. And Shooting Stars are a great way to train mining, if you can catch up with one. I agree with you on Farming - no point in trying to power level it. I've just been puttering along with it since the day it was released (in July 2005 lol!)

You're right about all of the above. Managing Thy Kingdom is a huge benefit, especially and almost exclusively after Royal Trouble (I did both quests on the same day!). Shooting Stars and now Evil Trees are nice things to come across in daily gaming, but not things that I've often sought out on purpose. Farming...I have been slow and steady, making runs every day, and proudly rank myself among some of the best non-grinding farmers out there.

Nice blog, and I will try to get back to read again.

Thanks for the kind words! They're always appreciated, especially from long-time crew!

you write a lot. but that is great it it means you have alot to say . good luck on your goals

i appologize if my comment was "snarky" but i did actually read the whole thing. also let me correct what i said

No worries. You're under no obligation to read the whole blog, but I would consider criticism more from people who show they have. Thanks for reading even a little of it!

Wow i love your blog

Its completely different and unique and i will be keeping tabs.

Your account is similiar to mine in the fact you have a decent total level, but no majorly high skills.

Good luck with your goals and ill be checking back constantly

I'm flattered! Thanks so much for the kind words and I hope you have indeed been checking back. If not, that's fine, of course!

Wow, SportsGuy. I love they way you write out your blog. It's different, and quite interesting. I hope you find something to keep yourself interested in Runescape and that it doesn't just keep getting harder to entertain yourself.

Good luck with your goals! And get that Hunter up so that your Tears of Guthix keep going towards Summoning!

Blue, you're lovely. Having you comment on my blog makes me feel like I've officially arrived!

If you want another, feel free to add me

I did...I don't often, but I made an exception for a reliable crew member and long-time reader!

Bad pun on "summoning" strength for hunter. A great blog entry, though. Good luck on finishing the last 40 monsters for your 50 task streak - even though you've probably already finished them by this point. New ways of teleporting are always fun.

I know, I know...bad puns are fun, though! I did finish the task soon after I wrote the blog entry you mentioned, but I think it was in part due to your well wishes! No? Well, that's what I'm goin' with...

So... I guess you like the ring? Have fun teleporting yourself around Runescape!

It should be re-named the "RuneScape AmEx Card" because I rarely leave a bank without it!

I really like your blog.

You show alot of dedication to it, more already than in any blog I've seen so far.

Good luck with your goals.

Thanks! I haven't read many blogs, but I usually try to read blogs of people who post in mine, partly out of courtesy and partly out of curiosity.

(Was almost a c-c-c-combo breaker)

Wow, Sportsguy, you've been busy!

Congratulations on your first mithril dragon kill, and finishing up the Fremennik diary. Good luck on that waterfiends task! I know you're mostly training Summoning through Tears, but are you collecting charms at all for eventually training summoning? If so, waterfiends should be great for that.

Good luck on getting the levels you need to finish off the Seers' diary.

Got 'em (the Mithril Dragon kill was a memorable moment in my RuneScape history)! My current task happens to be Waterfiends, so I guess I'll find out what you meant by collecting charms. Thanks for the continued thoughts! I love your blog, by the way...

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Hi! Welcome! Hope you like TIF in general and my blog specifically!

Hi Sports Guy

I love your blog its awesome. I have just read it and I thought it was amazing and you have really progressed a lot in a short space of time.

Thanks! The main reason I keep a blog is for personal goal statements and record keeping on the internet, but I wouldn't spend so much time on it if I didn't want others to enjoy it!

A couple of questions and requests

Do you use Duradel as your slayer master? If so are any of the tasks excessively difficult. I ask because I don't know whether I am good enough to use him yet.

I use him on every "bonus" task, but not in between. I COULD use him, but I find it much more satisfying to get the bonus points, and though I don't have anything else to spend large amounts on anymore, I still go to Mazchna for the first 3-5 tasks after a bonus, then Chaldear for a couple, maybe mix in a Sumona task, then when it comes to bonus time (every 10 and 50 tasks), it's off to Duradel (since I have been 100 combat, of course).

Also how do you get so many ToG points I always end up with about 70. Help

I honestly didn't realize that my point totals were that good. I do think that you get more time in the cave by completing more quests. I think a good tactic is to make the screen as large as you can and pay attention to the blue streams of tears. You don't want to click on one that has been "flowing" for a long time and don't want to have to click on one across the cavern when you can click on one close by. I usually try to visit Oo'glog's salt pool before the visit to the cavern and make sure I have run turned 'on' before talking to Juna. I've had mixed results with being patient and waiting to see if a blue flow that disappears comes back as blue without having to move because it comes up green. Sometimes I get really great results, but obviously, I'm not posting the 130s and 140s that I sometimes get.

Two requests

Could you post a bank pic because everyone likes them so they can compare.

I had thought about doing this in the past, but I decided against it. First, my bank changes pretty regularly, and I'm kind of a perfectionist. I go and edit all my stats and goals as I finish them, so editing and updating pictures of my bank would be a lot more work than I want. I also don't really have anything interesting. If I ever write an entry about bank organization, I'll include pictures.

Also could you get one of those sigs which says your levels as I got really frustrated by the way it was.

I once had one of those nice graphical self-updating signatures when they came out, but before that, I edited my own stats in. I'm kind of nostalgic for that method, plus, I like a little privacy and didn't like how the stat signatures had no option for taking off my player name. It's not THAT big of a deal, but it's something I'm going to stick with, at least for the time being.

Sorry to be so demanding.

Keep it up and good luck

vooovv

Thanks again! I hope you keep coming back!

Great blog : good read

I'm glad you like it! Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks again to all my readers! I won't promise that I'll keep up with my replies, but this was, and continues to be, an experiment! I hope everyone continues to enjoy my writing!

295/303 Quest Points