SportsGuy's blog -> Membership, the 65+ plateau, and beyond

Ever since the first night I happened upon RuneScape.com, I've been frantically trying to add to my total level. First in F2P, where countless nights were spent mining, chopping trees, fishing on the River Lum or on Karamja's isle, or attacking cows. I managed to build a terrifying free world character, but I could not manage to stay interested with such a paltry portion of the RuneScape World Map at my disposal.

My first real goal was to get every F2P skill above level 40. I did it. I then set out to have access to each F2P guild. I did it. I wanted to have access to every F2P magic spell and F2P prayer. Done and done.

Then my goals started getting loftier. I wanted to be able to craft every F2P item available (up to diamond amulet!). I wanted to set myself up for easy levels in members' skills in construction and fletching. I wanted a skill cape. I wanted to have access to every guild upon entering the ranks of the members. I wanted to mine and smith rune. None of that came to pass.

I couldn't wait. So now I'm here.

Early into my character's journey as a member, I made it a point to unlock as many areas and methods of transportation as I could. Quest points were adding up in amazing amounts, just as game updates seemed to be making skill levels easier to reach with bonus experience in almost every skill. I soon found construction and summoning to be money pits, so I only built what was necessary and only crafted pouches necessary for questing. I hunted when necessary, fished until I had access to the final guild I could not enter, and slayed to have access to more quests and actually earn points (after Smoking Kills). Most recently, I've reached the ability to cut magic trees, earned a Ring of fire from lighting beacons in the beacon network, and in the span of less than two minutes, I reached 73 magic, 64 prayer, 95 combat, and 70 range (while fighting Fire Giants, burying big bones, and high alching drops). It certainly has been my biggest gaming highlight...so far.

[hide=Tears of Guthix]1tog156.png[/hide]

My goals have become ones that allow me more enjoyment and less 'grinding' time. With the exception of the latest "In Pyre Need" quest, I'm resolved to finishing just one quest a week (to save the points for Tears of Guthix requirements). I'm resolved to writing a weekly entry in this blog as a method of staying on track and reminiscing about times passed. I'm resolved to try more mini-games and prepare for new quests and distractions and diversions. I'm also resolved to share some of my ideas with Jagex on how to make the game even better (at their request, of course).

In the coming weeks and months, I expect to raise my prayer level to reach the '70' plateau. When it does, I think I will start to concentrate on other skills. I want to finish Knight Waves. I want to complete every quest available for the Quest Cape. I want to fletch my way to Magic longbow. I want to cook a Wild pie. I want to complete every achievement diary 'hard' task. I want to be able to fish for shark. I want a miraculous experience boost in herblore and smithing! I want to work on some of those other goals I set back in F2P.

I hope your experience is as good as mine has been. If less than five months as a member has gotten me this far, how much more will my character see in 2009?

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

How ironic that my first blog post talked about my week beginning with a fantastic experience at Tears of Guthix. This week, a tragedy. For the past two weeks, RuneScape has been dropping out every so often (well, my connection has) and it did so right at the beginning of my time in the Tears of Guthix mini-game. As I feared, when my connection was regained, I lost out on a week of free experience.

As a result, my lowest untrained skill must wait until this weekend in order to be advanced to level 50 (at least, I hope so, since another unfortunate disconnect could sidetrack my plans yet again).

I did get a lot accomplished this week. I first set out to complete another easy, 1 point quest and chose Land of the Goblins to do so. It wasn't hard, just time-consuming. In addition, I cleaned up the side-quest for the goblin high priest, collected a shadow sword from General Khazard's ghost, completed a task for the Rellekka acheivement diary and collected a full set of Rogue's Armor from the Rogue's Den mini-game.

On the skill level front, I spent an evening of gaming fletching maple logs into maple longbows, stringing them, then high alching them for cash. I can now fletch yew shortbows.

Next week I should reach the first milestone outlined by this blog. I'll also hunt up to level 55. Next week's one quest will be to finish Dealing with Scabaras and the side-quest (only the two pages from the chests inside the dungeon are left!). I may try the Knight Waves side-quest again and re-try killing a bronze dragon. I don't think I can reasonably try for a mithril dragon until I get at least one metal dragon under my belt.

As of this post, I have only a few quests yet to complete. Back to my Roots, Rocking Out, and While Guthix Sleeps are all unavailable due to level requirements with the latter also unavailable due to unfinished quests. Finishing Desert Treasure will allow me to complete the final battle of Recipe for Disaster. Defender of Varrock, Dream Mentor, The Great Brain Robbery, Haunted Mine, The Path of Glouphrie, and Summer's End are the others that have been started, but wait to be finished (to ensure easy Tears of Guthix entrance). I still have to finish barbarian training with a mithril dragon kill and a barbarian pyreship made for chewed bones. The Chaos Tunnel is a scary place, so I've not tried beating Surok yet. Eventually I'll complete the side-quest which would allow me to access a purple cat and when the quests are complete, I'll return Clarence to his resting place and enchant a Salve Amulet with Tarn's Lair's book.

In the meantime, I'm completing my daily farming runs, managing thine kingdom, and working on some more level goals. What are they? I'm so glad you asked:

[hide=Cooking: 95 (3)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Runecrafting: 77 (6)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Crafting: 90 (8)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Firemaking: 95 (9)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Slayer: 90 (10)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Magic:97 (12)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Hunting: 83 (13)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Agility: 90 (14)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Mining:90 (16)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Prayer: 95 (17)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Fletching: 95 (18)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Thieving: 91 (18)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Fishing: 96 (18)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Herblore: 96 (22)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Smithing: 99 (24)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Construction: 99 (29)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Summoning: 99 (30)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

[hide=Dungeoneering: 120 (102)]Ardineck.png[/hide]

Those are some lofty goals, I know!

295/303 Quest Points

This week's Tears of Guthix trip boosted me to my first blog goal. I now have ALL skills at level 50 or above.

There is a certain sense of pride that comes with that goal. First, I haven't trained my summoning skill at all. In fact, had I thought about the quests that require summoning pouches more carefully, I might not have created any pouches at all and just bought the ones needed. In that sense, that summoning claim is a bit "tainted" I suppose, but nonetheless, I have tons of tokens that I have absolutely no plans on using (until ToG starts putting experience toward something else I suppose!).

I trained some hunting, firemaking, and I'm on the verge of level 72 farming, which will allow me to plant magic trees (since I can cook a garden pie).

I think Dealing with Scabaras will get the nod as this week's quest to finish (again, for the Tears of Guthix entry requirement). I'll suit up in my best magic protecting gear and take food and antipoison and recylms balm and stat restore potions into the depths, gather the last two pages to my Scabaras Research book, and be done with another mini-quest as well.

I need to start training prayer more seriously. Level 70 isn't just a goal, it's a requirement for an achievement diary. I should really be thinking about level 75 prayer, in order to use some of the higher level shields.

I need to get smithing going as well. I've really neglected training it, but it's just so boring!

Agility has been overlooked for some time, since I can pretty much do what I need to do with it, but level 70 would be a nice intermediary goal to gain me some more access and make some parts of my journey a little easier.

Construction has been put on hold as well. Along with hunting, it's one of the highest current-to-goal differentials that I've got on my personal planner.

I still have to slay Bork and though I attempted to slay the Phoenix this week, I think both of those goals will have to wait.

Just which quests and side quests do I have left? I'm so glad you asked!

[hide=Unfinished Quests]

Nomad's Requiem

While Guthix Sleeps[/hide]

295/303 Quest Points

One of my least favorite combat-related skills to train has been slayer. Sure, I hate herblore, runecrafting, hunting, construction, and agility training like anyone else, but slayer seems to be something...counter-intuitive to repetitive gameplay. Rather than seeking out any enemy (or even one at the highest possible level) to slay, you're assigned a monster to slay, seemingly at random and at the same time, a seemingly arbitrary number of the monster to kill. Since in the RuneScape universe the monsters re-spawn, it's not like you're doing so to rid a cave of a dragon that is terrorizing a village...you're doing it for reputation. Such reputation is awarded in points once you complete a particular quest and those points allow you to "customize" your slaying experience.

It's annoying. For one, I don't usually like killing the ones you are assigned to kill. For another, you're only awarded miniscule experience for defeating even high level monsters, so getting those assignments aren't often worth the trouble. For another, slayer seems loosely tied to summoning, a skill I've decided not to train (maybe ever).

That said, there is one part of the slayer skill that may not be immediately apparent. It gets you to visit - and try to kill - monsters you'd usually either avoid or never bother to attempt to slay!

A bronze dragon slayer task has frozen my slayer skill level at 56 for several weeks. Once my weekly quest was complete (and a side quest for good measure) and this week's new content dealt with (the seer's village diary), I decided to take another shot at advancing my slayer level (at least before my weekly penguin hunting).

I outfitted myself in a Helm of Neitiznot, legend's cape, amulet of glory, rune platebody, rune platelegs, Klank's gauntlets, Ring of Wealth, anti-dragonfire shield, and dragon longsword and dragon dagger with super weapon poison (DDP++). I first made sure I had a one-click teleport (elf crystal), then grabbed my holy wrench, and some stat boosting potions. A super strength mix...a combat mix...a defence mix.

I was finally able to purchase antifire mix on the Grand Exchange. No one seemed to be selling the last time I thought I'd make a stab at bronze dragons. I took along two with four prayer mixes and filled the rest of my inventory with monkfish. A seasoned metal dragon killer would probably laugh at the over-preparing. I was just being careful. A dip in the Oo'glog pools, a teleport to Edgeville...and I was off to the Chaos Tunnels!

What a rush! At first, it seemed like the load I carried would only allow for one kill...I wasn't making a dent and the Earth Warriors were annoying as heck. The antifire potion seemed like overkill with the protect against melee prayer, so I experimented briefly with combinations of the two. Only once did both dragons gang up on me, so only once did I seek refuge, but I quickly resumed the fight. It wasn't long before I had my first kill and though I didn't get any fantastic drops, the thrill of being stronger than a formidable foe was quite thrilling! I learned something about my character...as strange as that may sound!

I don't imagine I'll be stalking metal dragons without real reasons, but it's nice to know that I have an option for training combat skills in conjunction with another skill once again. I don't think I'll be looking forward to iron or steel dragons anytime soon, but at least I can look forward to the possibility of accessing two more quests in the near future and with those...new content.

I'll smith and smelt my way to level 67 this week before cashing in my penguin points and look over my achievement diaries to see which tasks can be crossed off and then get back to the bronze dragons and hopefully, a new, easier task from Chaldear!

One of the things I needed to do in order to outfit my player in the best gear possible was to see which items available to me would give me the best protection or stat boosts, so that when substitutions had to be made, I could see where to start making modifications. Wondering what those current ultimate setups are? I'm so glad you asked!

[hide=Offensive Gear Setups]

Stab Boost:

Helm> none

Body> none

Legs> none

Gloves> Barrows gloves

Boots> none

Necklace> Amulet of glory

Cape> Ardougne cloak 3

Ring> none

Shield> Unholy book

Weapon> Dragon halberd

Slash Boost:

Helm> none

Body> none

Legs> none

Gloves> Barrows gloves

Boots> none

Cape> none

Ring> none

Shield> Dragon sq shield

Weapon> Dragon halberd

Crush Boost:

Helm> Dwarven helmet

Body> none

Legs> none

Gloves> Barrows gloves

Boots> none

Cape> none

Ring> none

Shield> Dragon sq shield

Weapon> Barrelchest anchor

Magic Boost:

Helm> Farseer helm > Mystic hat*

Body> Mystic robe top* = Dagon'hai robe top

Legs> Mystic robe bottoms*

Gloves> Barrows gloves

Boots> Mystic boots*

Necklace> Amulet of glory = Amulet of magic

Cape> God cape*

Ring> Lunar ring = Beacon ring

Shield> Unholy book

Weapon> Ancient staff

Range Boost:

Helm> God coif*

Body> God d'hide*

Legs> God d'hide chaps*

Gloves> Barrows gloves

Boots> Snakeskin boots

Necklace> Amulet of ranging

Cape> Ava's accumulator

Ring> none

Shield> Unholy book

Weapon> Crystal bow full > Rune crossbow > Magic composite bow

[/hide]

[hide=Defensive Gear Setups]

Stab Defense:

Helm> Dragon med helm > Helm of neitiznot

Body> God platebody* = Rock-shell plate > Dragon chainbody

Legs> Dragon plateskirt

Gloves> Barrows gloves

Boots> Bandos boots

Necklace> Gnome amulet

Cape> Obsidian cape

Ring> none

Shield> Crystal shield full > Dragon sq shield

Weapon> Crab claw

Slash Defense:

Helm> Dragon med helm > Slayer helmet

Body> Dragon chainbody

Legs> Dragon plateskirt

Gloves> Barrows gloves

Boots> Bandos boots

Necklace> Gnome amulet

Cape> Obsidian cape

Ring> none

Weapon> Dragon halberd = Crab claw

Crush Defense:

Helm> Helm of neitiznot > Dragon med helm

Body> Dragon chainbody

Legs> Dragon plateskirt

Gloves> Barrows gloves

Boots> Bandos boots

Necklace> Gnome amulet

Cape> Obsidian cape

Ring> none

Shield> Crystal shield full > Spirit shield

Weapon> Dragon halberd

Magic Defense:

Helm> Bearhead > Farseer helm = Mind helmet

Body> God d'hide*

Legs> God d'hide chaps*

Gloves> God vambraces*

Boots> Silly jester boots

Necklace> Amulet of defence > Amulet of power > Amulet of glory

Cape> God cape*

Ring> Lunar ring > Beacon ring

Shield> Mind shield

Weapon> Ancient staff

Range Defense:

Helm> Dragon med helm > Helm of neitiznot = Slayer helmet

Body> Dragon chainbody > God platebody*

Legs> Dragon plateskirt

Gloves> Barrows gloves

Boots> Rogue boots

Necklace> Amulet of defence > Amulet of power > Amulet of glory

Cape> Obsidian cape

Ring> none

Weapon> Lunar staff

Summoning Defense:

Helm> Dragon med helm = White full helm

Body> God d'hide*

Legs> God d'hide chaps*

Gloves> Barrows gloves

Boots> Bandos boots = Dragon boots

Necklace> Amulet of defence > Amulet of power > Amulet of glory = Salve amulet =

Holy symbol

Cape> Obsidian cape

Ring> none

Weapon> Wolfbane

[/hide]

[hide=Additional Setups]

Strength Boost:

Helm> Helm of neitiznot

Body> none

Legs> none

Gloves> Barrows gloves

Boots> Dragon boots

Necklace> Amulet of strength > Amulet of glory = Amulet of power

Cape> none

Ring> none

Shield> none

Weapon> Abyssal whip

Prayer Boost:

Helm> God mitre* > Proselyte sallet

Body> Proselyte hauberk > Initiate hauberk = Monk's robe top

Legs> Proselyte cuisse = Initiate cuisse = Monk's robe bottom

Gloves> White gloves

Boots> Bandos boots = White boots

Necklace> Guthix stole > Holy symbol = Unholy symbol

Cape> Ardougne cloak 3

Ring> Explorer's ring 3

Shield> Falador shield 3

Weapon> Guthix crozier

[/hide]

295/303 Quest Points

Another week of Tears of Guthix, another free summoning level. I still don't have anything very useful as far as summoning ability, but I do like the free experience. In just a few weeks, however, I think the ToG mini-game will start putting points into something else (if I don't run out of quests first)!

This week I finally killed off the remainder of the bronze dragons in my slayer task. A trip back to Chaldear meant a slayer task of elves and plenty of unenchanted Tiny Elf Crystals. After completing that task, I was given 163 Jungle Horrors. This made my weekly quest choice easy. I would do The Great Brain Robbery.

I had started this quest, but never advanced past the beginning stages because I felt like the rewards were lowly enough to save it for a time when I'd need quest points in order to use Tears of Guthix each week. The quest itself went quickly and relatively painlessly, since I was able to use a ranging safe spot that Tip.It does not recommend...which brings me to this week's disappointment.

I've wasted great amounts of free time patrolling the Help & Advice and Website Updates & Corrections forums. I say wasted, because it seems that to some, my help is unwanted. It certainly wasn't asked for, but I think my time and my comments and updates have been of great use to this site.

I should be clear...I never asked for ANYTHING. I felt it was a way to pay the community back for helping me clear some tough obstacles and get the most out of my playing time and membership fees (of late). There have been a couple of Tip.It crew members that have been polite and helpful, but apparently, there are a few that have complained that I'm too active. What a shame.

I've always found it unusual that some people feel threatened by unsolicited help...even polite and truly knowledgeable help. I never misrepresented myself. I only took it upon myself to help other forum users find correct information or redirect their comments and suggestions as it had been done to me early in my time on the forums.

At any rate, my feelings are hurt, but I will honor the wishes of the administrators of the forum. Far from being a "woe is me" tale, I'm just blogging about this week's events, of which this development is included. I happen to disagree with some of the policies and choices made, but this is not the 'forum' for that!

I advanced a combat level and a slayer level and hope to get more out of this week than just another smithing level. Unexpectedly, I got just that. For example, I fought the jungle horrors and got plenty of drops:

[hide=Drop log, 163 Jungle Horrors]31 iron ore (noted)

2 ranarr leaf

5 iron spears

40 potato seeds

5 cabbage seeds

85 nature rune

5 death runes

4 gold charms

28 green charms

6 crimson charms

19 iron warhammer

26 big bones

1 mahogany logs

7 onion seeds

2 guam leafs

24 teak logs (noted)

19 pineapples (noted)

1 tarromin leaf

2 iron kiteshields

20 iron javelins

1 nature talisman

1 harralander leaf

1 clue scroll

1 dwarf weed[/hide]

While high alching some of the drops in the Mos Le'Harmless bank, I reached a nice milestone:

[hide=Level 74 Magic and Total Level 1600]2lvl74magtl1600.png[/hide]

Next week, barring a new quest addition by Jagex, I will probably try to finish Desert Treasure or Dream Mentor, for the additional spells. If I make it to 59 slayer by then, perhaps Back To My Roots.

295/303 Quest Points

This past weekend, I managed another 150+ trip in Tears of Guthix, but it didn't seem to add nearly the number of experience points into Summoning as in the past. Perhaps once you get to a certain level, the experience gets tougher to "multiply" with those types of mini-games. Certainly, the penguin hunting is starting to feel less useful (though it is still clearly a mandatory weekly task!).

Saturday night while slaying Jellies, I reached level 59 in the Slayer skill. Finally, Back To My Roots has become available! I started it as soon as I had to bank, but I'm not completely sure that I want to tackle that for my weekly quest point. What I may do instead, is wait for Tuesday's updates to see what happens. I was able to advance a couple of additional levels in combat, too.

[hide=Combat! (Melee skills hit 72)]3melee72combat97.png[/hide]

It's true...Tuesday has become one of the most exciting days in my week! I look forward to the updates (or even just a new note on the RuneScape main page) more than anything else going on right now. Do I need to get a life? Well, I have one, but it's so much less exciting. Perhaps that's sad...

I've been updating this blog and the goals in it in order to have a place on the internet where I can store those goals. One of the things I want to do is make sure that I complete all the side-quests and make note of the daily and weekly repeatables. Some of those have gotten mixed in with one-time only tasks, which makes it difficult to remember which ones I have left and which ones I can do each day.

I need to organize those tasks a little and plan out my next few levels. I will have to check smithing, since I could wait until after the penguins reset before choosing this week's quest and maybe finish Rocking Out instead. Since I've started Back To My Roots, the Returning Clarence side-quest can be completed at any point and it doesn't mean I have to finish it. Desert Treasure is such a big quest (and I don't need the quest points or the magic spell book) that I want to save it. Haunted Mine kicked my rear a couple of times, so eventually I have to re-visit that final battle.

I expect to advance another farming level soon...it's been the most steadily trained skill, only because I make a run every day. I don't ever want to get into a power-levelling situation with it, since it seems to take so much time without really giving many benefits (and it's not like I can hurry along time). I will reach 20 completed tasks in slayer today. I'll also try to resume my daily air battlestaff creation in order to start building back up my bank...I want an abyssal whip!

295/303 Quest Points

Decided to visit your blog, kind of feels funny though since Crew is mentioned in your last post. :oops:

I'll post some info on weekly/daily tasks. Although you probably already know it, it might be handy for your readers.

You probably know that Tears of Guthix requires *either* 1 quest point *or* 100,000xp to do. I used to think 100k xp was ridiculously impossible - but I haven't had to delay my weekly visit in over a year lol.

Jagex states in the KB article

Oddly enough, the Summoning Locations article on the KB says that Tears is approved for familiars. "Many minigames allow familiars to be used, so you may find them an amusing way to make use of your familiars. The following games permit the use of familiars:" (and lists Tears). I'm wondering in what way a familiar would be useful at Tears?! Lol.

My strategy with Penguin Hunting is to use it on a task in which I could not earn that amount of xp in the time it takes to hunt the penguins. (I'm slow, it's usually 45 minutes and sometimes longer, though I will prudently quit if the last one is too difficult to find.) Thus, I never use it for combat skills. I use mine on Runecrafting - it's gotten me from 78 to 80 already! At level 80 I get between 24K and 28K per week, which is nice!

I still visit the Circus each week (though I have all the outfits). I think it's great xp for just a few moments of my time. I get around 7K agility (my agility is my lowest skill, around 75), around 15K ranged (level 85), and 24K magic (level 87). Other people might get more, but I'm not so good at it, lol.

Like you, I do my battlestaves each day. With Varrock 3 armour, 64 staves a day is 8800xp in crafting. Even though I buy my air orbs on the GE, I still make a profit!

I confess I fail to visit Bork or the Phoenix each day, though they have some good xp and charms. I need to make up a list of what to wear for Bork, because I tend to forget.

By the way, the Chaos Tunnels (Hunt for Surok miniquest which unlocks Bork) aren't so bad, having braved them already you can probably complete the run through them all.

As far as slayer goes, my theory is that Jagex's intention was to separate out players more, so that they weren't all training in the same spots. (Used to be intolerable trying to find a world with any Fire Giants available in Waterfall - now it is fairly easy!) Slayer also has the advantage of compelling non-combat folks like me to train combat. All of the 99 Slayers I know got their 99 melee skills first - and have kicked themselves ever since because their melee skills went WAAAYYY up while getting 99 slayer!

Slayer points are an attractive incentive for me, and I see you are taking advantage of them as well. Great!

Regarding Back to My Roots, the big incentive to finish it is the daily Jade Vine minigame visit! This earns a whopping 1500xp Farming for checking it each day, *and* 2500xp Slayer each time you kill it! Definitely a Must-Do! Some players start their play time by fighting it, then check it at the end of the night and log out on the spot, ready to fight it the next day. I'm unorganized so I do it the other way 'round. :oops:

Kingdom Managing is also a big daily plus, since the profits are amazing after Royal Trouble. And Shooting Stars are a great way to train mining, if you can catch up with one. I agree with you on Farming - no point in trying to power level it. I've just been puttering along with it since the day it was released (in July 2005 lol!) :oops:

Nice blog, and I will try to get back to read again.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Another week, another trip to the Tears of Guthix mini-game, another Summoning level. I'm starting to think that it might be a long time before any other skill gets points from my weekly trip underneath the Lumbridge Swamps!

This week's quest completion is TBD. After completing Back To My Roots, I realized that I don't really have a clear goal for quest completion this week. Some of the quests remaining are still a little difficult. I think Haunted Mine might be easier if I bring a Crystal Bow down to fight the final boss. Dream Mentor's triple threat scares me. The Path of Glouprie seems tough because I've gone down to the Sewer Slayer Dungeon and faced those Warped Terrorbids...tough! Defender of Varrock is a possibility, but I think it might be the second or third to last quest to complete before While Guthix Sleeps (along with Summer's End) in order to have a nice continuous quest storyline. Desert Treasure might be next, if for no other reason than to unlock Recipe For Disaster's final battles, but of course, there's also the new spellbook I'm eager to try out (and a portal to focus in my POH)!. I think Rocking Out might become available this week if I use my Penguin Hide & Seek points on Smithing, which I most probably will. You just can't go wrong with a quest that doesn't require killing tough enemies!

I managed to sort out a bunch of different side-quests, one-time only bonuses, and daily repeatable tasks. I have completed quite a few, but some still remain. Which ones? I'm so glad you asked:

[hide=Music to unlock 646/692]

Adorno I - Dungeoneering

Adorno II - Dungeoneering

Adorno III - Dungeoneering

Adorno IV - Dungeoneering

Adorno V - Dungeoneering

Adorno VI - Dungeoneering

Adorno VII - Dungeoneering

Adorno VIII - Dungeoneering

Adorno IX - Dungeoneering

Adorno X - Dungeoneering

Bal'lak the Pummeller

Battle of Souls - Nomad's Requiem quest

Bulwark Beast - Dungeoneering

Desolo I - Dungeoneering

Desolo II - Dungeoneering

Desolo III - Dungeoneering

Desolo IV - Dungeoneering

Desolo V - Dungeoneering

Desolo VI - Dungeoneering

Desolo VII - Dungeoneering

Desolo VIII - Dungeoneering

Desolo IX - Dungeoneering

Desolo X - Dungeoneering

Divine Skinweaver - Dungeoneering

Glacialis I - Dungeoneering

Glacialis II - Dungeoneering

Glacialis III - Dungeoneering

Glacialis V - Dungeoneering

Glacialis VI - Dungeoneering

Glacialis VII - Dungeoneering

Gluttonous Behemoth - Dungeoneering

Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter - Dungeoneering

Hobgoblin Geomancer - Dungeoneering

Icy Bones - Dungeoneering

Lexicus Runewright - Dungeoneering

Luminescent Icefiend - Dungeoneering

Night-gazer Khighorahk - Dungeoneering

Pirates of Penance - Barbarian Assault minigame

Plane-freezer Lakhrahnaz - Dungeoneering

Rammernaut - Dungeoneering

Sagittare - Dungeoneering

Shadow Forger Ihlakhizan - Dungeoneering

Stomp - Dungeoneering

Temple Desecrated - While Guthix Sleeps quest

To'Kash the Bloodchiller - Dungeoneering

Unholy Cursebearer - Dungeoneering

[/hide]

[hide=Daily Repeatables]Back To My Roots - Wild Jade Vine

What Lies Below - Defeating Bork

In Pyre Need - Phoenix Lair[/hide]

[hide=Distractions & Diversions]Evil Trees

Shooting Stars[/hide]

[hide=Once a Week]Balthazar Beauregard's Big Top Bonanza

Familiarisation

Odd Old Man's Skeletal Horror

Penguin Hide & Seek

Tears of Guthix[/hide]

[hide=One and Done Tasks]All Fired Up - 16 beacons

Barbarian Training - Pyreship/chewed bones

Barbarian Training - My Diary (9/26)

Champion Scroll - Aberrant Spectre

Champion Scroll - Banshee

Champion Scroll - Earth Warrior

Champion Scroll - Ghoul

Champion Scroll - Giant

Champion Scroll - Goblin

Champion Scroll - Hobgoblin

Champion Scroll - Imp

Champion Scroll - Jogre

Champion Scroll - Mummy

Champion Scroll - Skeleton

Champion Scroll - Zombie

Champion of Champions - Glophren

Champion of Champions - Leon D'Cour

Fairytale Part III - ALP mushroom cache (85 Herblore)

Fairytale Part III - DIP campfire (85 Firemaking)

Fairytale Part III - DIP Mos' le Harmless bridge

Fairytale Part III - CLR Agility shortcut

Fairytale Part III - Tooth pet

Fight Caves - Fire cape

Swept Away - Kardia's Broom Enchantment (93 Magic)[/hide]

Since I've got a lot of work to do before I'm eligible for all of the rewards, I don't feel like I'm in a rush to complete it all...which is a relief! It also has the unfortunate side-effect of making playing the game a little less urgent...and interesting. I'm a little sad about it. To be honest, at first, the game was so addicting because so much of the content remained to be unlocked. With the recent lack of interesting updates, less of the unlocked content seems desirable...because there's less of it! I wish they'd concentrate on some more higher level quest releases, but it looks like small updates are the way to go (and they're not even updating some of the things I think would make the game much more accessible and interesting for some of the longer playing members). As a matter of fact, a recent post by one of the Jagex higher-ups seems to indicate that even LESS content will be released because they don't want to break promises.

Now that my game experiences for the week are out of the way, I'd like to take the time to thank my readers, especially those who have posted nice or helpful or encouraging words for me! Far from being uncomfortable with Tip.It Crew members taking a look at my stuff....I'm flattered! I still feel that the previously mentioned issues involving my unsolicited help could have been handled differently, but I don't really hold grudges. I think visiting and commenting pleasantly is a nice 'olive branch', even if it wasn't and isn't intended to be one.

As voracious a reader as I am, I never thought to look up the official Knowledge Base articles on some of those daily tasks I undertake. It's interesting to see what tactics other people use to play the game, but I think using Penguin Hide & Seek points on non-combat and other non-easily trained skills is wisest. I stopped doing the weekly circus activities, though it might be wise for me to at least take part in some of the events, especially if it means free Agility experience. It certainly wouldn't be for the outfits, since I have every piece of gear and have had it all for quite some time. I just need to look for a great guide somewhere that details how to get the most experience rather than performance points for each event. Anyone have any ideas?

Battlestaves are certainly one of the biggest pains in the rear. I also dislike visiting Arhein in Catherby by the docks each day. If only he offered my those pineapples and seaweed in noted form! I have been slacking on trips to get sand and sometimes let my Kingdom go a couple of days before checking it. I haven't had the courage to chase after Surok, plant the Jade Vine, or head back to face the Phoenix. I chased Shooting Stars like crazy when they first came out, but haven't been back in a long time and probably won't until I get a better telescope in my POH. I can't imagine the Evil Tree will be a big draw after the initial few days of it's release, whenever that happens to be. All of these are symptoms of the bigger problem RuneScape faces with me...it's just getting harder to stay interested and grind through the small stuff.

Now I have to decide if I want to slay some Bloodvelds to continue earning Slayer points or work toward the completion of some of the Achievement Diaries.

295/303 Quest Points

Another week of Penguin Hide & Seek, another points cash in, another Smithing level! Finally, access to Rocking Out (which I promptly set about finishing).

During Rocking Out, I used the guides here on Tip.It. I once again encountered a problem I've had before, namely that sometimes the guide creators leave parts out claiming to be preserving a measure of surprise and enjoyment for the users. The problem I have with that claim is that people using the guides clearly shouldn't be using them if they want to keep that measure of surprise. I'd much rather have a clearly spelled out guide to use, in the event I need to use it.

I haven't used guides for every quest, but this time, it seemed complex enough to warrant completing it without missing anything. I ran into a big problem when I had to bank all my items...my bank is pretty well-stocked, so I had to consolidate some of the items, such as all unused ore, soft clay, and soda ash and sand. That freed up enough space to bank my items in order to move on in the quest.

I don't want to spend too much time discussing it, because it's clearly not worth it! I'm almost finished with the remaining quests. In fact, I started looking for more things to do and found some...which kind of sucks.

It turns out that some of my goals weren't lofty enough. I started looking through all my achievement diaries and taking notes. Some of my least favorite skills to train will have to be 'upped' in order to take advantage of the best rewards. I spent most of my evening updating this blog, my notes, and thinking of ways to avoid facing reality. Interestingly enough, I also found out that some of the Achievement Diary information on the Tip.It website is inconsistent. Some quests were left out, presumably because they were easy, but then in other places, quests were included. I don't have the time or the inclination to discuss exactly which ones, but I think Rune Mysteries and Wolf Whistle were two of them, and some items were left off, too. Like I said, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'm already losing enough writing this entry!

Which achievement diary tasks do I have left? I'm so glad you asked!

[hide=Ardougne Achievement Diary - Elite Tasks]* Catch a manta ray in the Fishing Trawler minigame (81 Fishing)

* Have an abyssal titan familiar hold essence for you, while runecrafting at Ourania Altar (93 Summoning, Abyssal titan familar, 1 Pure essence)

* Attempt to picklock the door to the basement in Yanille Agility Dungeon (83 Thieving, locpick)

* Remove pure essence from a giant pouch at Ourania Altar (75 Runecrafting, Giant pouch, 1 Pure essence)

* Make a rune crossbow yourself, from scratch, performing each step within either Witchaven or Yanille (91 Smithing, 69 Fletching, Runite bar, Yew log, raw meat, knife, hammer)[/hide]

295/303 Quest Points

you write a lot -.- . but that is great it it means you have alot to say :P :thumbsup: . good luck on your goals

i appologize if my comment was "snarky" but i did actually read the whole thing. :thumbsup: .. also let me correct what i said

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I started this blog mostly for me. That is, I didn't really intend anyone outside me to read it let alone post in my blog. There have been just as many quick posts as there have been constructive and encouraging ones. That's not to say that the people aren't being nice, but why post unless you have something nice to say? Fortunately, most do post encouragingly. I wish my readers luck on their goals and if it's a kind post (without criticism or snarky comment) I might visit your blog as well. In fact, if there weren't blog readers, there wouldn't be a place on here to blog. Thanks so much to those of you who visit each week or each day to see if there is something new! Anyway...

Another week, another Tears of Guthix visit and another level in Summoning. That makes 53 levels (and counting) with only three pouches made (and had I been smart about it, I could have bought the ones I needed for the Spirit of Summer quest on the G.E. instead of making them). I started to look for new things to occupy my time, but fell back on slayer tasks.

First up, bloodvelds. I meleed them in the Slayer Tower with minimal difficultly and perhaps one or two trips out (it was a large task, but the drops either high alch well or stack). Dagannoths were next up...over 150 of them from Chaldear. NOT a fun task, especially since I don't like using a Dwarven Cannon for anything. After a bunch of melee trips and no special drops and only one level gained, I went back for a new task and this time, to my delight, it was Fire Giants. Far from annoying, the task of over 110 was a great money maker. It also got me a full crystal key and anoter level in ranging. Once my trip was done, I went over to Taverly (with enough cash for a crystal bow recharge at Ilfeen in Isafdar). What a great trip THAT turned out to be!

[hide=A pleasant trip to Taverly...]4taverlychest.png[/hide]

The next slayer task...Cave Horrors. Yes, they're easy to kill, but the trip to the cave and back for banking is a pain. The herb seed drops are nice, but since I don't have much space in the bank I can't stay long before having to use some of them. Two or three trips later and I'm still working on them. I'll edit this post when I'm finished, but after that, it might be next week before ya'll get another update!

Now that quests are running in short supply, I have to start evaluating whether to finish some important ones or wait for new ones to be released before picking one to do each week. Sure, some of the quests allow for new spells, but I'm thinking much more each week about stretching out the game.

This week will probably be spent on slayer tasks and gathering resources. I might try working on something like fishing, though it would be Barbarian style and not monkfish, since I have such a large amount of them left for using during combat. I have to go back through my task lists, goals, and other posts in order to see if I've missed updating one or two items.

One more thing: I STILL HAVEN'T HAD A DRAGON DROP! Not even a spear, which would be fine with me for now! I wonder if the Ring of Wealth means only that you get a higher average drop and thus takes out the really big ones and the really small ones from the equation. That would be a shame. I know I should be attempting some tougher mini-games or side-quests, but for now, straight combat or slayer will have to do!

295/303 Quest Points

Another week of Penguin Hide & Seek and more points into Smithing. I wonder when I'll decide to switch over to a different skill. I thought of putting it into Herblore, but I've been gathering so many herbs with the Slayer tasks I've been completing, I thought perhaps I'd see how much experience I could get off the concoctions I'll be able to mix.

Speaking of Slayer, I finally 'purchased' the ability to make a Slayer Helmet from a slayer master. Turoths, Cave Crawlers, Basilisks, Dagannoths, and Jungle Horrors...OH MY!

[hide=Slayer Helmet]5slayerhelmpoints.png5anoslayerhelm.png

6slayerhelmpurchased.png6aslayerhelmequipped.png[/hide]

The black mask turned out to be pretty expensive, but I think it's one of those rare pieces of armor that's worth it. I didn't get a mask on my Slayer task in the caves, but I think it's necessary to use that helmet for all slayer tasks from now on. It may become a near permanent fixture on my head! If the black mask prices go up, I could always sell it for a slight profit. During one of the tasks, I made it up to Combat Level 99! One more and it's hello Duradel for slayer tasks! I'm not too far away from the mid-seventies in all my combat skills (except for prayer which needs some heavy duty training).

It was a productive couple of days. I managed to buy a skeletal armor set on the G.E. and finished one more task on the Fremennik diary, leaving a mithril dragon kill as the last step on that journey. I don't think I'm strong enough for one yet, but I might try it next week! It depends on how desperate I am to cross something off my list.

I managed to put another set of armor into my POH costume room along with the Skeletal Armor as well...the shade robes from the random event. In fact, I've waited since the beginning of my time as a member to get this set...and now I'm already working on a second set! It's not by design of course, but I just can't bring myself to avoid a shade random event and got two back-to-back during the same slayer task. I see it...I kill it.

On the mini-quest front, Purple Cat has been completed and I was able to check on the Spirit of Summer extra experience rewards after having several clue scroll clues leading into the wilderness. Unfortunately, two long trails lead to more items I already have, including another page to my already completed Holy Book. It looks more and more like that Zammy d'hide armor set will never be completed!

This week I'll be able to take part in Tears of Guthix without completing a quest. That means I'll be able to wait until the next update to see if another quest gets released and I can start working on some of those pesky level requirements!

295/303 Quest Points

I am so mad at myself. In an effort to be helpful to the Tip.It site, I took screen shots of dialogue between my character and Sir Tiffy regarding the God Wars Dungeon "Knight's notes" and even tried seeing what was inside the notes by breaking the wax seal.

Now I feel like my game is ruined.

I know. It's silly and ridiculous. No game played in RuneScape can be perfect, but I was trying to keep my character's storyline as "perfect" as I could. Now there is no way to fix it. I even tried destroying the notes and going back to get a new scroll, but it also had a broken seal. I'm just so mad at myself for...doing such a selfless thing! Again, silly and insignificant, but I feel...cheated.

I have no one to blame by myself, but I wish I could pin this one on someone...or go back in time and not break that seal.

Other than that, this week was average as far as game progression for my character. I was able to visit the Tears of Guthix cave without completing another quest. Unfortunately, I didn't gain another level in Summoning (it's still my lowest and most purely untrained skill).

I made progress in Slayer and Farming, though only in Slayer did I advance a level. It was Penguin Hide & Seek that provided the biggest boost of the week...level 70 in Smithing! I promptly set about smelting all my adamantite ore, but resisted the temptation to smith adamantite daggers. I think one more level will be sufficient, then I'll try buying a mature Dwarven Ale and finish another part of my Varrock Achievement Diary.

I'm excited to try the new Distractions & Diversions mini-game, but I don't feel like hunting for Evil Trees any more than I do for the Shooting Stars...strange. I don't know exactly what kinds of things I'll be working on this week, but I imagine I'll be trying to shrink my bank as much as possible, even if it means the use of stat boosters. Maybe Mithril Dragons will finally be attempted...though I can't be sure that's a good idea right now! I wonder if it might be time to work on Herblore or try Barrows? Should I work on my White Knight rank or try to boost the power of my Ivandis Flail? Should I complete the Desert Treasure quest or try the Haunted Mine again?

Instead of thinking about those choices, I decided to research the items that could be stored in the Costume Room of a POH. I checked which items I had and which ones I still needed. Interested?

[hide=Marble Wardrobe]Mystic robes, Light Mystic robes, Dark Mystic robes, Skeletal armour, Infinity robes, Splitbark armour, Ghostly robes, Moonclan armour, Lunar armour, Runecrafter robes (blue), Runecrafter robes (green), Runecrafter robes (yellow), Dagon’Hai Robes, Lord Marshal Clothing, War-Chief Clothing, Commander Clothing, Serjeant Clothing[/hide]

[hide=Mahogany Costume Box]Mime costume, Royal frog costume, Frog mask, Zombie outfit, Camo outfit, Lederhosen outfit, Shade robes[/hide]

[hide=Mahogany Armour Case]Castlewars armour, Void Knight armour, Rogue armour,Spined armour, Rockshell armour, Broodoo mask (poison), Broodoo mask (disease), Broodoo mask (combat), White knight armour, Temple Knight initiate armour, Temple Knight proselyte armour, Mourner gear, Graahk hunter gear, Larupia hunter gear, Kyatt hunter gear, Polar camouflage, Jungle camouflage, Wood camouflage, Desert camouflage, Builder’s costume, Lumberjack costume, Bomber jacket costume, H.A.M. robes, Void melee helm, Void ranger helm, Void mage helm, Black naval costume, Blue naval costume, Brown naval costume, Green naval costume, Grey naval costume, Purple naval costume, Red naval costume, Elite Black armour[/hide]

[hide=Mahogany Treasure Chest]LEVEL ONE - Black heraldic kite shields (0/5), Gold-trimmed studded leather, Fur-trimmed studded leather, Gold-trimmed wizard’s robes, Trimmed wizard’s robes, Trimmed black armour, Gold-trimmed black armour, Highwayman mask, Blue beret, Black beret, White beret, Black heraldic helms (0/5), Trimmed amulet of magic, Pantaloons, Wig, Flared pants, Sleeping cap, Bob the Cat shirt (red), Bob the Cat shirt (blue), Bob the Cat shirt (green), Bob the Cat shirt (black), Bob the Cat shirt (purple), Elegant clothes (red), Elegant clothes (green), Elegant clothes (blue), Beret mask, Black cane, [bleep]ed helmet

LEVEL TWO - Red straw boater, Orange straw boater, Green straw boater, Blue straw boater, Black straw boater, Adamant heraldic kite shields (1/5), Gold-trimmed dragonhide armour, Trimmed dragonhide armour, Ranger boots, Trimmed adamantite armour, Gold-trimmed adamantite armour, Red headband, Black headband, Brown headband, Adamant heraldic helms (0/5), Trimmed amulet of strength, Elegant clothes (black), Elegant clothes (purple), Wizard boots, Adamant cane, Sheep mask, Bat head, Wolf head, Penguin head, Cat head, Pith helmet

LEVEL THREE - Rune heraldic kite shields (1/5), Gold-trimmed blue dragonhide armour, Trimmed blue dragonhide armour, Enchanted robes, Robin hood hat, Gold-trimmed rune armour, Trimmed rune armour, Tan cavalier, Dark cavalier, Black cavalier, Pirate hat, Zamorak rune armour, Saradomin rune armour, Guthix rune armour, Gold-plated rune armour, Rune heraldic helms (0/5), Trimmed amulet of glory, Saradomin vestments, Guthix vestments, Zamorak vestments, Saradomin blessed dragonhide, Guthix blessed dragonhide, Zamorak blessed dragonhide, Cavalier mask, Rune cane, Top hat[/hide]

[hide=Mahogany Toy Box]Bunny ears, Scythe, Yo-yo, Rubber chicken, Zombie head, Easter Ring, Bobble hat, Bobble scarf, Jester hat, Jester scarf, Tri-jester hat, Tri-jester scarf, Wooly hat, Wooly scarf, Red marionette, Jack lantern mask, Skeleton boots, Skeleton gloves, Skeleton leggings, Skeleton shirt, Skeleton mask, Reindeer hat, Wintumber tree, Chicken feet, Chicken legs, Chicken wings, Chicken head, Grim reaper hood, Snow globe, Chocatrice cape, Warlock top, Warlock legs, Warlock cloak, Santa costume top, Santa costume legs, Santa costume gloves, Santa costume boots, Ice amulet, Cornucopia, Easter carrot[/hide]

[hide=Magical Cape Rack]Legends cape, Obsidian cape, Fire cape, Wilderness Cape, God cape, Skill capes (by skill), Quest Point Cape, Spotted hunting cape, Spottier hunting cape[/hide]

295/303 Quest Points

This week I set a new personal best in my Tears of Guthix trip. It could have been even better had I not been too click-happy toward the end. I had a total as high as 167, but several mistakes dropped it down to 163.

[hide=I'm down with ToG (Yeah you know me!)]7tog163.png[/hide]

It bumped me to level 54 Summoning, which is not far off of my first Summoning goal. I by no means will be training it or placing extra experience in that skill, but soon I may have to train another skill or else Tears of Guthix will be putting experience into something like Hunter or Construction!

This week I resumed my trip to the circus. With some great help from crew members and fellow users (in documenting the experience gained from taking part), I realized it's just as important to visit the circus as it is to find ten penguins and visit Juna each week. In fact, my Ranging level was helped out and I'm not far from additional levels in Magic and Agility. I don't train those last two skills outright much anymore, so the added experience is tremendously helpful.

During a Jelly Slayer task, I reached a big milestone in combat:

[hide=Combat Centurion]8combat100.png[/hide]

It should allow me to visit Duradel and cross another Karamja Achievement Diary task off the list. I'm a little afraid of how tough that task might be (PLEASE don't let it be Steel Dragons!), but I will finish my current Shadow Warriors task from Chaldear and then head to Shilo Village. Hopefully I can find a nice group of folks that will let me become the Champion in the Fight Caves and kill enough waves of creatures to kill a Ket-zek to finish off the gloves. If I get a metal dragons task from Duradel, I'll try a Mithril Dragon first...try to finish off the Fremennik Achievement Diary first while also taking on a lion before taking down a tiger.

In the meantime, no new goals or existing goals have been crossed off. I still haven't even seen an Evil Tree, let alone take part in battling one. I hope to have some more exciting news soon, but in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my new combat level!

295/303 Quest Points

• 2 weeks later...

Tears of Guthix, Penguin Hide & Seek...a level here, a level there.

RuneScape is getting boring.

I know, I know...it's just a slow spot...a trough in a frequency that includes some nice crests...a winter among springs, summers, and fall.

I'm really bored, though. I've taken to looking through Tip.It's Website Updates & Corrections pages in order to stave off the boredom, giving myself new and exciting tasks to undertake while some very key levels get the change to grow. I COULD attempt a quest or do some hard training in melee or ranging, but even crossing another item off my Achievement Diary task list didn't excite me.

In fact, the only thing that did...

[hide=Treasure Trail Rewards, March 11th]9march11ttrewards.png[/hide]

Once I realized I needed another space in my bank, I decided to blow some cash on the remaining pieces of the Light Mystic Robes set that I was missing. It just so happens that those were the most expensive pieces, but at least it now fits in my POH costume room's magic wardrobe.

I suppose I'll have to find ways to entertain myself in small amounts until I find the inspiration to train harder!

295/303 Quest Points

As time passes, I'm finding it more and more difficult to find ways to keep myself entertained. Tonight, I was able to level up three different skills, but with only one of them causing a major impact to my goal list.

[hide=Varrock Area Hard tasks list updated!]10varrockachdiaryhardsm.png[/hide]

I mined iron until I was able to smelt steel bars and level up to 71. I bought myself a Dwarven stout (m) and traveled to the south-east anvil in Varrock. I downed the stout and smithed a few Adamant med helms. One more task can be crossed off my Varrock Acheivement Diary. I also leveled up in crafting while creating molten glass and making empty vials.

This week's visit to Juna and Tears of Guthix bumped me to level 55 Summoning. One more and I'll be able to cross off one of my Falador Achievement Diary tasks. I will have to train Hunter in order to keep ToG points pouring in to my non-trained skill of Summoning. I had a sub-standard week of gathering tears, but I still managed to surpass my Hunter skill experience total!

Now that there are no more immediate Smithing goals for me, I'd imagine my Penguin Hide & Seek points will go to Herblore. I've taken a slight break from Slayer tasks after crossing off a Karamja Achievement Diary task by receiving a task from Duradel and slaying the requisite number of Suquah. I did a little Vyrewatch killing in the Meyerditch and might either go back for more or switch over to black knights to get my White Knight rank a bit higher.

In the meantime, perhaps Jagex will provide some new content or at least some much needed updates...we all can only hope!

P.S. Did you know that my submission was accepted for this week's Tip.It Times 'Did You Know?'

(It was: The Lunar seal can be worn in the necklace spot without having to be strung.)

295/303 Quest Points

Wow i love your blog

Its completely different and unique and i will be keeping tabs.

Your account is similiar to mine in the fact you have a decent total level, but no majorly high skills.

Good luck with your goals and ill be checking back constantly :thumbsup:

Jamje.png

null and void

Wow, SportsGuy. I love they way you write out your blog. It's different, and quite interesting. I hope you find something to keep yourself interested in Runescape and that it doesn't just keep getting harder to entertain yourself.

Good luck with your goals! And get that Hunter up so that your Tears of Guthix keep going towards Summoning! ;)

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

• 2 weeks later...

As I start writing this entry, I'm 40 monsters killed from completing my 50th slayer task. In addition to a nice milestone, it will also give me the chance to spend points on a nifty new skill...crafting Slayer rings.

Certainly, it will open up new teleporting possibilities. I don't really NEED a new way to get around, but I think opening up a new avenue is certainly beneficial...though all I seem to be doing anymore is slayer tasks. I don't even really like the skill!

On another note: I think Treasure Trails should be moved to the Distractions & Diversions category. I can't bring myself to drop a single scroll, even if it's a paltry level one. It certainly is a distraction and certainly is a diversion from my gaming experience, but I'll just have to live with it.

I still make my daily runs to farming patches and to Etceteria and Miscellania. I don't mind those "distractions" even though I'm not pleased that it seems to take up most of my game playing time.

This week's trip to Tears of Guthix produced a first. For the first time, a skill other than Summoning got experience. Hunter got some experience points, but next week it will be back to Summoning. It might alternate until I can "summon" the strength to do a little hunting.

Penguin Hide & Seek points went toward Herblore. There may be one more week of points into that skill before switching over to Prayer, which needs some attention.

Construction, Runecrafting, Fletching, Fishing, and Cooking...all skills that probably should be worked on, but just haven't grabbed my attention lately.

One final note: my usually reclusive self has made some new friends in game! Hopefully, they'll also check out my blog and post! Hey new friends! It's about time I put some new people on my friend list!

295/303 Quest Points

One final note: my usually reclusive self has made some new friends in game! Hopefully, they'll also check out my blog and post! Hey new friends! It's about time I put some new people on my friend list!

If you want another, feel free to add me ;)

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

Bad pun on "summoning" strength for hunter. :P A great blog entry, though. Good luck on finishing the last 40 monsters for your 50 task streak - even though you've probably already finished them by this point. New ways of teleporting are always fun.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog