SportsGuy's blog -> Membership, the 65+ plateau, and beyond

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After four or five days of visiting Bork, I finally got a Femur for the Odd Old Man's second wish list. I promptly set about cleaning it in vinegar and presented it to him and battled his newest creation. It wasn't tough at all.

In fact, the Phoenix Lair is still the most difficult of the daily or weekly minigames for me to attempt. I haven't successfully completed it after the quest despite reading several (ineffective) guides on the subject. I should be able to do it, according to some of the combat levels I've seen suggested, but I get hammered every single time. Bringing along a Spirit wolf didn't seem to help (I couldn't get the 'Howl' to work to scare away any NPCs).

I'm most upset because I'm missing out on some better than average rewards...experience that I can actually use. The problem seems to be that I'm not actually motivated enough to work out a way to do it on my own. The rewards aren't lucrative (like Barrows) and the task isn't easy enough (Jade Vine or Bork) to commit my time.

I never realized how little 85 Dragon bones would matter toward my Prayer skill. I feel the same way about creating Steel bars and making Molten glass. Neither Prayer, nor Smithing, nor Crafting saw level advances.

I did gain in Construction just a few hours before the Jagex update to the skill, but it shouldn't really affect my game play, other than providing me a place to keep an animal. I'll probably committ to capturing some animals in order to populate my otherwise empty POH.

I would think that after completing my latest task (Bloodvelds) that I'll either revisit the Barrows or try killing another 50 Vyrewatch. Fishing, Cooking, and Agility will all probably see some minor training and inconsequential level advances, even before Penguin Hide & Seek and the Circus. I also may try and track down some Evil Trees and Shooting Stars. I suppose I could also check my task list and see if something is within reach!

Good luck with the slayer, i have to say i didn't really enjoy rag and bone man either.

Edit 100th post!

Thanks. Slayer seems impossible to train effectively after hitting 70. I can only assume that people cannon their way through some of the tasks in order to get so high! For months, I trained Slayer and ONLY Slayer (well, I suppose combat skills got a work out...and I never neglect Farming runs...okay, I suppose I trained other things, too!). As far as Fur 'n' Seek, we'll see if the weekly completion rewards keep me coming back.

Good blog.

Thanks!

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

I received not one, but two Snapdragon seeds as drops today, which means I'm going to be able to control when I complete the While Guthix Sleeps quest. I've already enriched and planted one of the seeds on the roof of the White Knight's castle in Falador and planted the other in My Arm's patch on the Troll Stronghold roof (two seeds, two different roots...huh).

I'm not sure when I'll attempt to complete the quest, but I can say with absolute certainty that it will be a big day...my first achievement cape, even if it's not one that works toward trimming with a skill proper. I'll make sure it's a special day. In the meantime, my non-skill training will still focus on balancing my combat skills with Slayer tasks.

Today's Penguin Hide & Seek round earned me enough experience to level up four different skills. Runecrafting hit 64, Farming hit 84, Cooking went to 81, and Agility reached 71. I leveled Fishing without using points to 76 (Sharks without Fishing potions or pies). The Circus was uneventful, but the experience is always appreciated. The only unusual event happened to be my first ever chopping of an Evil Edler Tree.

[hide=Chopping bad wood]71firstevileldertreecho.png[/hide]

The rewards were less than stellar and I "ruined" 30 minutes of magical banking by missing the birds nests that dropped out of the tree. The experience was fantastic, however, both figuratively and actually. The people were all nice and I was able to gain 65k experience without a morphic tool.

Next week, Penguin points will go toward Farming to finish off that goal. I'll then work toward getting Prayer up to 75 or Construction to 69...or Crafting to 80...or one of the many other skills that need work.

295/303 Quest Points

I've never "bought" a 99 and don't plan on doing it, but I have stretched my self-control a little bit. I plunked down some hard earned Coins to buy myself a bunch of the rarer types of tree seeds.

I didn't go crazy...I bought less than twenty seeds and only yews and palm trees. Once fully grown, I'll be almost all the way to level 85 Farming, which means I would be able grow every plant in RuneScape (at the moment). It will be the first non-melee skill that has nothing but a skillcape left.

I gained a Summoning level from Tears of Guthix late in the week, but I'm still 5 away from the gold standard Bunyip summon. I chopped a few Evil Trees down and saw a few in-game friends get skillcapes. I added "Fire cape" to my list of tasks and checked off a song by advancing a few places in While Guthix Sleeps.

Slayer is still slow going, but it's been profitable, thanks to some lucrative hauls with a couple of Aberrant spectre tasks. Hopefully, I'll be into the real money makers before long!

295/303 Quest Points

My RuneScape character has a Twitter account.

Well, I have the account, but my character is the one that is using it. I decided to make one for my character, even though in real life I'd NEVER be caught dead "tweeting" or whatever it's called.

I felt like doing something creative outside the game in an effort to combat my displeasure with the lack of steady updates in the game. Jagex is really stretching out it's workload. I'd much rather see small updates every single week than have to wait two weeks between updates that only then end up seeming just as small.

Thankfully, I still have one quest to work on and it's the most massive one the game has to offer.

[hide=Lucien assembles his Undead Heroes...]72wgslucienundeadarmy.png[/hide]

Lucien wiped out much of RuneScape's NPC heroes. I survived, but I wasn't finished. I took a trip into the Lumbridge Caves and pumped some Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers on iTunes...

[hide=Now I'm FREE! FREE FALLIN'!]73wgstearschasmdescent.png[/hide]

I managed to unlock a barrier between a Guthix Temple and the Stone of Jas, but I'm going to pause for a little while before taking any further action.

Since melee skills are in need of some training, I decided to fight some skeletons north of Edgeville. Balancing out my combat is still going smoothly, though slowly.

[hide=83+83+83=112?]74melee83scombat112.png[/hide]

I feel like my combat skills could use a little bit more pumping up (and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure on which skills I'll use the experience rewards or if I have the bank space for the Dragon metal fragment reward). I did notice that I'm only a few levels away from having every current skill at level 65 or above. Not too shabby...and a nice surprise.

295/303 Quest Points

I think I'm all "farmed out" after reaching level 85 Farming today.

[hide=Cuckoo for Coconuts...]75farming85.png[/hide]

I can plant any and every seed available in RuneScape without needing a Garden Pie. There's not much left to keep me interested in reaching level 99...especially considering how expensive seeds seem to cost on the Grand Exchange. I'll still train it as the high level seeds come in, but I won't be bothering myself to make runs like I did for two days to get 200k experience.

Finising a Slayer task of Blue dragons left me with enough Dragon bones to get to Level 73 Prayer and make a dent in the experience total needed for Level 74. I also was able to get some much needed Crafting and Magic experience out of the Blue dragonhide and earned Level 77 Slayer early into my 180th Slayer task of Kalphites. I even used a Book of Knowledge earned from a Mr. Mordaut's classroom Random Event rather than choose a reward of 3 noted Grimy snapdragon herbs. Incidentally, Mr. Mordaut is the nicest Red Dragon I've ever met (though it is said, "Do not upset this teacher. You have been warned!" when examined in his classroom).

Penguin Hide & Seek points all went toward Runecrafting. I'm within striking distance of level 83 in both Magic and Ranged skills and the Circus should help get me closer. My gaming time might drop a little, but I'm going to blame Jagex and their frequent "update week skipping" for that!

295/303 Quest Points

While Guthix Sleeps has been sitting unfinished for quite some time. I've been pondering the decision to finish and use the fantastic experience rewards. I could use them on any skill at or above 65, but before this morning, two skills sat below that mark. That is no longer the case.

I started out by crafting law runes via the balloon transport network. Something felt slow about it, so I switched over to the Abyss and created a bunch of POH teleport tabs to use the mounted glory near my entry portal. After reaching a number of 2k law runes in my bank, I switched over to nature runes for the remaining few thousand experience.

[hide=Naturally...]77runecrafting65.png[/hide]

Reaching the 65 Runecrafting mark means I can now use the Abyss to craft death runes, which will be the way I train from 65 to 70, should I ever decide to train again!

Next up was figuring out a good way to get from mid-63 to 65 in Summoning. I decided that it would be easiest to buy seconds in Oo'glog and use gold charms to create Spirit Terrorbird pouches. I would need 994 of them, but by using the Piscatoris area obelisk and trading the created pouches in noted form to Bogrog, I'd have to make 40 trips.

[hide=Summoning the courage to go on...]78summoning64.png[/hide]

Somewhere in the middle of all that, I reached the ability to create Stranger plants, but I kept at the transformations.

[hide=Transformations complete...]79summoning65.png[/hide]

It's strange, but I feel no sense of accomplishment or relief at having finally trained the one skill that I never had, even though I reached 65 in every available skill currently available. Though there are rumblings of a new skill on the horizon, I don't expect it to be available soon, so until then, I can bask in the glory of the knowledge that another goal has been completed. Getting all skills to level 70 would be my next overall goal, I suppose, but I'm not planning on working on it directly. Let's just see what happens while I play the game...if I play the game!

295/303 Quest Points

After the tedious grinding of Runecrafting and Summoning late last week, I set my sights on a goal no less tedious to grind out, but far more useful, in my opinion. I decided it's time to get to 85 Firemaking.

That level will allow me to burn kindling beneath the boughs of Evil Elder Trees and use Magic logs to build pyre ships. Adding Evil Elder Trees to my Firemaking training will make reaching the other plateaus for Firemaking (87, 89, 92, 95, and 99) slightly easier.

Burning logs is boring work. It doesn't take much skill, but then none of the "skills" really is, except for when it's used to circumvent or incrementally add to my game playing experience. One thing I've decided to try to enjoy is the new pet menagerie function of my POH. I've already placed the Broav (Brovy) inside the pet house and added a Tiny bluefish (Tebow) and a newly grown red Raven (Scritch) today. Eventually, I'll fill the menagerie with pets like cats and dogs and geckos and penguins and crabs and...well, you get the picture.

For now, I'm going to grind my way to Level 85 Firemaking, but I will use this week's Penguin Hide & Seek points on something else...Runecrafting, Smithing, Construction, Herblore, Prayer. Though I don't expect any new quests to have level requirements above the ones I currently hold, I do want to make sure that I'm progressing all of my skills in the event that something is released soon that I'd have to wait to complete, especially if completion of the new quest unlocks new content or new training methods.

I probably don't have to worry about Woodcutting. At Level 86, it's now the highest skill I sport!

295/303 Quest Points

I spent my week's PH&S points on Smithing because of an unfounded and mysterious new fear I have that my Smithing level isn't high enough for new quests that may or may not be released in the near future. Again, I have no idea why this irrational concern has surfaced.

I reached 85 Firemaking this morning, but was planning a nice screen shot and accidentally logged out, missing the "level up" screen. I'm done with Firemaking for the time being.

I think I'll head back to kill another 50 Vyrewatch, but I may look into the Trouble Brewing minigame to see if I can get in on a quick game and cross another piece of in-game music off my list.

As far as the recent updates...I'm equally impressed and annoyed. I've turned off all the features and don't like the look of the banks or the interaction with items in my inventory. Oh well.

Nice blog. Really fun to read it, tho its a lot of text.

Congrats on the recent level-ups.

Thank you for the compliments and the congratulations. I've tried to make this different from any other blog and I decided to write more than the average blogger here. It's just something I decided to do...not a judgement against any others.

295/303 Quest Points

Hmm, I agree with you about the bank and items, the mouse clicks seem less sensitive to me, it happens more often that an item just doesn't respond as I click it.

Also I've noticed they added a wonderfull 'drop' option right out of the banking interface. Luckily I found that out before the 163 million gp I tried to bank disappeared right at my feet. :roll:

Nice blog, I unlike you can't set myself to meet with Bork every day or mortally wound the jade vine just to replant it. There just doesn't seem enough xp involved for me (that, and I'm forgetfull).

Good thing you do though, they can really help with killing the monotony of training ::' .

Have fun 'Scaping.

I re-visited my old haunting grounds southeast of Burgh de Rott this morning and finished off another 50 Vyrewatch. I made some Serum 208, sanctified some olive oil, drenched some magic logs, and cremated some bodies in the Paterdomus Columbarium. Once again, somehow burning stuff in a chapel has made me better with a weapon.

[hide=Sometimes it's better not to ask questions of the Gods...]80vyrewatch300.png[/hide]

Strange...and creepy. Once again, I collected the keys and went on a wooden recess unlocking spree.

[hide=Columbarium keys, 251-300]251- 9 Rune arrows

252- Limpwurt seed

253- Green charm, 10 Rune javelins

254- Grimy dwarf weed

255- Grimy snapdragon

256- Adamant platelegs

257- 79 Steel arrows

258- Blood talisman

259- Runite bar

260- 18 Adamant arrows

261- 2 Grimy harralanders

262- Blue charm, 1166 Coins

263- 1617 Coins

264- Grimy toadflax

265- 10 Law runes

266- Cactus seed

267- Grimy irit

268- 95 Earth runes

269- 3 Grimy harralander

270- Crimson charm, Grimy toadflax

271- 15 Death runes

272- 11 Nature runes

273- Runite bar

274- Grimy kwuarm

275- Adamant full helm

276- 17 Adamant arrows

277- Irit seed

278- Rune spear

279- Mithril hatchet

280- Rune dagger

281- Adamant full helm

282- 95 Earth runes

283- Adamant full helm

284- 12 Blood runes

285- Gold charm, 20 Adamant arrows

286- Adamant full helm

287- Gold charm, Rune med helm

288- Green charm, 6 Rune arrows

289- Gold charm, Nature talisman

290- Grimy avantoe

291- 29 Adamant arrows

292- 24 Adamant arrows

293- Limpwurt seed

294- Kwuarm seed

295- 18 Chaos runes

296- 15 Nature runes

297- 10(noted) Gold bars

298- Rune dagger

299- 10 Death runes

300- Gold charm, Rune platelegs[/hide]

I STILL have not gotten anything I'd consider special. Perhaps I'll have to be completely confident with the Ivandis flail(30) before I start to see real results. I don't know if that's going to happen anytime soon, because it seems like Jagex has changed the way "Protect from..." prayers work. I suppose I'll learn the new timing, but it took me three trips to the Nature grotto's altar to recharge prayer before I managed to kill all the Vyrewatch corpses under Prayer safety. For Vyrewatch 301 through 350, I might just leave Prayer on and see how many I can kill before recharging. The first trip always goes more smoothly because I take a dip in the Oo'glog pools before heading down to Burgh de Rott. Maybe I should bring along the Ancient mace and use the special after recharging prayer...I use the Enhanced Excalibur often, but I could spare one special to boost my prayer by crushing a snail.

Hmm, I agree with you about the bank and items, the mouse clicks seem less sensitive to me, it happens more often that an item just doesn't respond as I click it.

Also I've noticed they added a wonderfull 'drop' option right out of the banking interface. Luckily I found that out before the 163 million gp I tried to bank disappeared right at my feet.

Nice blog, I unlike you can't set myself to meet with Bork every day or mortally wound the jade vine just to replant it. There just doesn't seem enough xp involved for me (that, and I'm forgetfull).

Good thing you do though, they can really help with killing the monotony of training.

Have fun 'Scaping.

I think it's one of those things that they tried to fix what wasn't broken. The drop thing has (I think) been removed, which shows they're trying new things, but the drop function should have been a button, not a line of command text in the drop down right-click menu. Perhaps even a warning box could have been included. I don't so much mind the drop feature as the way it was implemented.

Thanks for the compliments. I don't make EVERY appointment with Bork or the Jade Vine. The experience rewards definitely aren't that much of a draw. I should be making forays into the Phoenix's lair, but I'm still too chicken.

Congratz on 85 firemaking, you have convinced me to make train it.

Aw...don't burn logs just 'cause of me! Thanks for the congratulations.

295/303 Quest Points

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not feeling the same pull to play the game that I have in recent months. It seems that the updates Jagex is putting into the game are bandages over a gaping wound that new content and patches won't quickly heal.

I breezed through the new quest, but the extra content available after playing is available to so few thanks to the ability to use the dwarf cannon and the proximity of the new mine to a bank along with the high frequency of high level rocks.

I've gained a level here and there, but training Slayer hasn't produced any real excitement. If something interesting isn't released soon, I may just log in once a week, get my PH&S points and visit the Tears of Guthix and wait until a holiday.

295/303 Quest Points

I'm not feeling the same pull to play the game that I have in recent months. It seems that the updates Jagex is putting into the game are bandages over a gaping wound that new content and patches won't quickly heal.

I breezed through the new quest, but the extra content available after playing is available to so few thanks to the ability to use the dwarf cannon and the proximity of the new mine to a bank along with the high frequency of high level rocks.

I've gained a level here and there, but training Slayer hasn't produced any real excitement. If something interesting isn't released soon, I may just log in once a week, get my PH&S points and visit the Tears of Guthix and wait until a holiday.

295/303 Quest Points

Seems like you're not that interesting in playing right now. I think it is good for you to just play a little now, like you do. You should never play when you don't enjoy it. Gain a few levels in those skills you find fun and do what you like within the game and eventually your interest will return. If it doesn't, quit. But I think you will return.

Once you do, good luck with your goals. Slayer is a fun but though skill.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Seems like you're not that interesting in playing right now. I think it is good for you to just play a little now, like you do. You should never play when you don't enjoy it. Gain a few levels in those skills you find fun and do what you like within the game and eventually your interest will return. If it doesn't, quit. But I think you will return.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

• 4 weeks later...

First and foremost, a long wait for the updated forums leaves me extremely disappointed. Long nights spent researching the forum to read posts and be able to know when new ones came out are now wastes of time since it erased my 'forum memory' and even the old posts showed as already read, I'd have trouble telling which were new posts anyway. Perhaps there is a way to change a setting to get new posts to have shaded text boxes of a different color from old ones, because the slight differences in regular and bold type is not enough to tell at a glance.

I'm also not a fan of the smaller 'hides' and really a great number of things. I don't understand the new "blog" tab and how it differs from blogscape. I struggled through my profile and this is all non-RuneScape related stuff that I was hoping would go smoothly since none of the newer updates have been terribly interesting to me.

At the moment, I'm training Construction for a few levels to get it from 66 to 70 in order to put in a Gilded Altar. I think that will help with prayer training time, but I'll never completely abandon the Ectofunctus. I have a strange feeling that another great update is in it's future, but that's based on absolutely no real information.

Slayer training has resumed and I reached my 200th task last week. It's turning out to really be a slow monotonous grind, even though it's my most oft trained skill (well, combat skills get trained everywhere, but I think that goes without mention). I'm starting to 'miss' a Summon that I can't even call upon yet (Bunyip) with my frequent slaying, and I really should get back to training skills like Mining, Smithing, and Fishing.

One of the big accomplishments while the Tip.It Forums have been in transition was my stays in the Burgh de Rott area and the numbers of Vyrewatch that moved into the hereafter. It started out slow.

[hide=I'm getting better with the Ivandis Flail...]81350vyrewatch.png[/hide]

[hide=Columbarium keys, 301-350]301- Adamant platelegs

302- Gold charm, Nature talisman

303- Grimy snapdragon

304- 21 Adamant javelins

305- 89 Steel arrows

306- Blue charm, 8 Death runes

307- Grimy cadantine

308- Dwarf weed seed

309- Grimy lantadyme

310- 12 Law runes

311- 12 Gold bars (noted)

312- Uncut sapphire

313- 1231 Coins

314- Crimson charm, 29 Adamant arrows

315- Rune platelegs

316- Gold charm, Grimy dwarf weed

317- 20 Adamant javelins

318- Grimy toadflax

319- Gold charm, 8 Rune arrows

320- 6 Rune javelins

321- 88 Earth runes

322- Mithril hatchet

323- Grimy snapdragon

324- Crimson charm, Irit seed

325- 94 Steel arrows

326- Green charm, Uncut sapphire

327- Uncut sapphire

328- Rune dagger

329- Grimy lantadyme

330- 8 Blood runes

331- 2 Grimy harralanders

332- Grimy dwarf weed

333- Adamant full helm

334- 19 Adamant javelins

335- Uncut sapphire

336- Grimy dwarf weed

337- Grimy kwuarm

338- Runite bar

339- Uncut ruby

340- Grimy snapdragon

341- 3 Grimy harralanders

342- 12 Adamant javelins

343- Grimy irit

344- Uncut sapphire

345- 15 Chaos runes

346- 13 Death runes

347- Limpwurt seed

348- Rune platelegs

349- Blue charm, 97 Steel arrows

350- 25 Adamant arrows[/hide]

[hide=I'm even better with the Flail...]82400vyrewatch.png[/hide]

[hide=Columbarium keys, 350-400]351- 18 Chaos runes

352- 76 Earth runes

353- 7 Blood runes

354- 10 Rune javelins

355- 15 Death runes

356- Blue charm, Grimy irit

357- Grimy cadantine

358- Green charm, Grimy dwarf weed

359- 7 Rune javelins

360- Blue charm, Cactus seed

361- Blood talisman

362- 11 Chaos runes

363- 12 Chaos runes

364- 66 Earth runes

365- Irit seed

366- Grimy kwuarm

367- Rune med helm

368- Adamantite ore

369- Crimson charm, 3 Grimy harralanders

370- Nature talisman

371- 1545 Coins

372- Grimy lantadyme

373- Limpwurt seed

374- Mithril hatchet

375- Grimy lantadyme

376- 11 Death runes

377- Blue charm, 11 Blood runes

378- Snapdragon seed

379- 18 Chaos runes

380- Crimson charm, Runite bar

381- Grimy lantadyme

382- 14 Death runes

383- 3 Grimy harralanders

384- Uncut diamond

385- 22 Adamant arrows

386- 111 Steel arrows

387- Green charm, Grimy lantadyme

388- Adamantite ore

389- 7 Blood runes

390- Green charm, 12 Nature runes

391- 3 Grimy harralanders

392- Rune med helm

393- Uncut sapphire

394- 8 Gold bars (noted)

395- 2 Grimy harralanders

396- 7 Rune javelins

397- Gold charm, Grimy cadantine

398- Irit seed

399- Mithril hatchet

400- 7 Rune javelins[/hide]

[hide=Hey, I'm getting pretty good with the Flail...]83450vyrewatch.png[/hide]

[hide=Columbarium keys, 401-450]401- 7 Blood runes

402- Grimy snapdragon

403- Gold charm, Kwuarm seed

404- Gold charm, 8 Rune arrows

405- 27 Adamant arrows

406- Irit seed

407- Gold charm, Grimy toadflax

408- 9 Rune arrows

409- Uncut diamond

410- Gold charm, Grimy ranarr

411- 14 Adamant javelins

412- Uncut sapphire

413- Green charm, Grimy torstol

414- 11 Chaos runes

415- Adamantite ore

416- Uncut diamond

417- Gold charm, 8 Blood runes

418- Mithril hatchet

419- 18 Adamant arrows

420- 28 Adamant arrows

421- 78 Steel arrows

422- 9 Rune arrows

423- 15 Death runes

424- Grimy lantadyme

425- Crimson charm, Uncut emerald

426- Uncut diamond

427- Crimson charm, 12 Law runes

428- Blood talisman

429- Adamant platelegs

430- Limpwurt seed

431- 10 Gold bars (noted)

432- 7 Law runes

433- 17 Rune arrows

434- 8 Death runes

435- Black dragonhide set

436- Crimson charm, 1387 Coins

437- Uncut diamond

438- 10 Nature runes

439- Green charm, Adamantite ore

440- Uncut sapphire

441- Adamant platelegs

442- Rune med helm

443- 11 Death runes

444- Grimy toadflax

445- Dwarf weed seed

446- Grimy lantadyme

447- Uncut emerald

448- Dwarf weed seed

449- Grimy kwuarm

450- Crimson charm, 7 Gold bars (noted)[/hide]

[hide=Dude, I RULE with this Flail!]84500vyrewatch.png[/hide]

[hide=Columbarium keys, 451-500]451- Adamant platelegs

452- Dwarf weed seed

453- Dwarf weed seed

454- Green charm, Rune spear

455- Adamant platelegs

456- Irit seed

457- Blue charm, 7 Rune javelins

458- Runite bar

459- 8 Death runes

460- 25 Adamant arrows

461- Grimy dwarf weed

462- Grimy irit

463- 12 Blood runes

464- Cactus seed

465- 13 Nature runes

466- Gold charm, Limpwurt seed

467- 120 Steel arrows

468- Irit seed

469- Rune dagger

470- Adamant platelegs

471- Loop half of a key

472- Dwarf weed seed

473- Gold charm, Snapdragon seed

474- Blue charm, 10 Blood runes

475- Nature talisman

476- Rune dagger

477- Blue charm, Uncut sapphire

478- 16 Chaos runes

479- 11 Law runes

480- Rune med helm

481- 9 Rune arrows

482- Irit seed

483- 67 Earth runes

484- Grimy dwarf weed

485- Gold charm, 14 Adamant javelins

486- Green charm, 7 Law runes

487- Blue charm, Grimy dwarf weed

488- 23 Adamant arrows

489- Gold charm, 9 Law runes

490- Blood talisman

491- 17 Adamant javelins

492- Crimson charm, Grimy kwuarm

493- 23 Adamant javelins

494- Rune dagger

495- Grimy lantadyme

496- Mithril hatchet

497- Adamant full helm

498- Uncut sapphire

499- 79 Earth runes

500- Blue charm, 15 Adamant javelins[/hide]

While using up the extra Sacred Oil(4) that I had made, I managed to get some halfway decent rewards from Shade keys and ancillary benefits of the combat necessary in the burial chamber area.

[hide=Combat 114!]85114combat.png[/hide]

I've got some weekly rewards to work on as well as a ton of Mahogany logs to get turned into planks, but in the meantime, I hope my readers are enjoying their experiences with the new Tip.It Forums and RuneScapes new content!

Yeah, I don't play as much as I had in the past. I'm doing exactly what you described and just seeing if they start to care again. I have the feeling they'll dedicate much of their time to MechScape when it comes out and RuneScape will become what RuneScape Classic is becoming. Something that will get an update in only extremely rare situations.

295/303 Quest Points

• 3 weeks later...

A new diary has been released! As well as giving me new reasons to train dormant skills, it has slightly rejuvenated my interest in playing RuneScape. I'm still not planning on playing as much as I once did, but with new goals comes new interest, so I'll take what I can while it lasts. Interestingly, I completed all the hard tasks first, then the medium tasks, and finally the easy ones. The elite tasks will take quite some time, but that's okay with me.

[hide=How are you doin' it? 'Ardougne it' backwards!]86ardougnediarycomplete.png[/hide]

I've managed to gain some innocuous levels here and there, but none in combat and none of them terribly useful. I haven't been happy with the way Tip.It or the TIF look or work, nor have I been terribly interested in the changes Jagex has made to the game. I'm going to have to live with all three, of course.

[hide=Only the Elite tasks and rewards are left...]87ardougnediaryeasy.png

88ardougnediarymedium.png

89ardougnediaryhard.png[/hide]

I'm going to put points toward Smithing for the forseeable future. It's easily the most costly and difficult skill to train of the ones remaining in the Ardougne Elite Diary.

Maybe I'll get back to making runs to the Barrows soon. It's been so long, I've forgotten what set-up I used and will have to look at my notes again. I did buy myself a Dragon chainbody right before the price started to skyrocket, quite by chance. I've managed to tick off a couple of goals, but I end up making new ones anyway.

295/303 Quest Points

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been that active, but I have been gaining some inconsequential levels here and there. A few weeks ago, I switched from coal to raw fish as one of the resources to collect from my kingdom of Miscellania. It has produced some clue scrolls and key parts and odds and ends, but today's reward from a clue scroll sitting in my bank was something a little more special than usual.

[hide=Useful jewelry]90november9ttrewards.png[/hide]

I continue to collect free items from NPCs and slowly work toward the elite tasks that stare me in the face every time I log on. They're not close enough to get me to grind. Instead, it's business as usual each day until I get tantalizingly close.

I'm definitely happier with the small updates that Jagex has introduced that eliminate or lessen some of the frustrating and repetitive tasks players had to go through to gain levels, but I'd rather see a larger and larger game world with new areas every now and then. It's not as if they're fixing all the frustration at once. Instead, it feels like they're just now getting to some of the things that have bothered many players for years.

I still don't understand the new blog feature on TIF, but my impression is that this format is much more interesting to read than the twitter-like entries I see. This will be my character's blog home until further notice!

295/303 Quest Points

I beat the Leprechaun Champion. It wasn't very hard, of course.

[hide=Scroll me...]92leprechaunchampiondef.png[/hide]

I managed to get back to Slayer tasks and gained a level in Magic, though it's not terribly useful on the regular spellbook. The Slayer tasks did provide me with a few Treasure Trail clues, one of which was wonderfully lucrative.

[hide=Not one, but two unique rewards!]93november13ttrewards.png[/hide]

I'll be interested to see if there is a new quest in the near future. As it stands, I'm not terribly interested in continuing play without some great new gear or something to make the level grinding more bearable. I'll still play, but it's probably only because I'm still paying!

295/303 Quest Points

• 1 month later...

It has been quite a long time since my last update. RuneScape has been updated more than a couple of times, but I think the most exciting aspects of the new content are the curses and the two more difficult than usual quests.

I'm not finding much enjoyment in gaining levels, but I have been keeping up with my "daily tasks" as best as I can, in order to suprise myself one day in the near future with an increase in Cooking, Firemaking, Fletching, or Crafting. My gold reserves have fluctuated slightly, but only after purchases to complete the odd Treasure Trail reward (earned from clues "fished" from the sea while managing my kingdom).

I suspect that I'll have even LESS time to play, but I will try and enjoy as much of the content as I can when I do get the chance to log on. I'm hoping that content released in the near future will make playing more interesting. Until then, the holiday content and recent quests will keep me busy!

295/303 Quest Points

• 2 weeks later...

Play has been sparse and updates rare, but every now and then, I'll manage to get on and finish a Treasure Trail or two and of course, I make my daily runs.

I'm not much richer (and indeed, to finish Treasure Trail reward sets, I've doled out some cash). I'm not much more skilled. I AM a little more fearsome after a new Slayer task today.

[hide=Combat 115!]94combat115.png[/hide]

It came against Gargoyles in Kuradal's caverns and as a result of levelling up Attack, Strength, and Defence at the same time (all up to Level 85). Ahead of me lies some Fishing to replenish my monkfish supply, Cooking to cook said monkfish and the catches from managing my kingdom, work on a quest or two, some glassmaking...and more daily tasks.

295/303 Quest Points

• 3 weeks later...

As far as frustration goes, never have I been more angry and more upset than my latest Slayer task. While attacking Skeletal wyverns, my computer connection froze. No warning, no slow down before hand, just a sudden stop.

Now, this freak outage has started happening frequently. It's causing me to rethink playing altogether.

I lost a Slayer helmet, Black dragonhide chaps and body, Ardougne cape 3, Explorer ring 3, Ring of wealth, Enhanced Excalibur, Mind shield, several sharks, several monkfish, a couple of Prayer mix potions, wyvern bones, and loot. It kept my Abyssal whip (thank goodness), Bandos boots (whew), and...gloves.

Now, I know the street value of gloves is more than that of the Slayer helm, but not greater than the sum of the parts! Whatever, I guess.

Rant over.

The only nice thing from recent play was completing the Blood Runs Deep quest and a nice treasure trail reward earned from a Slayer task in the caves leading up to the latest incarnation of the Dagannoth mother.

[hide=Pithy reward]95january22ttrewards.png[/hide]

I have seen level gains in several skills, but I haven't earned any real useful content unlocks (at least useful to me or useful to me yet). I suppose the only thing I can do is continue my daily tasks, manage my kingdom, and try to earn back the 1.9 million or so I had to shell out for a new Black mask to create a new Slayer helmet.

This new one needs breaking in, but I'm not sure I want to take the chance of losing something like this again so soon.

295/303 Quest Points