SportsGuy's blog -> Membership, the 65+ plateau, and beyond

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of things I don't like about the latest updates. First and foremost, the changes to the font. The RSOF are rife with complaints about it, so I won't add to the already obvious by commenting here. I don't particularly care for the new minigame. I envisioned a "Command & Conquer" style of game play or early Warcraft games style interface, but with the tremendous lag and difficult controls, it doesn't seem like something I'll be taking part in, except it now gives me incentive to train more, since I can at least put the finished products of somewhat useless items to some good in the investment coffers.

Another aspect of the updates is the change in interface, such as button position and commands. While in the Mort Myre swamp, I noticed "Cast-bloom" was taken away in favor of a simple "operate" for my Ivandis flail. I can only assume that there are more "minor" changes like this that will be discovered during the course of gameplay. Already, I've noticed the small print on travel "scrolls" while using Spirit Trees.

[hide=200 Vyrewatch corpses burned...]57vyrewatch200.png[/hide]

Combat training this week involved another trip to south-eastern Burgh de Rott to fight the Vyrewatch. Over 200 have met with sweet release in the Paterdomus Columbarium.

11 Fiyr shades' spirits were also set free, but those rewards pale in comparison to the ones received from regular usage of the Columbarium, though I've never really received anything more valuable than Runite bars.

[hide=Columbarium keys 151-200]151 - 26 Adamant arrows

152 - Adamant full helm

153 - Grimy toadflax

154 - 10 Blood runes

155 - 7 Rune javelins

156 - Grimy toadflax

157 - Grimy cadantine

158 - Mithril hatchet

159 - 111 Steel arrows

160 - Uncut sapphire

161 - 1 Crimson charm, 11 Blood runes

162 - 1 Gold charm, 12 Blood runes

163 - 12 Blood runes

164 - Kwuarm seed

165 - Adamant full helm

166 - 11 Rune arrows

167 - Rune dagger

168 - 119 Earth runes

169 - Grimy cadantine

170 - 18 Adamant javelins

171 - Mithril hatchet

172 - 18 Adamant javelins

173 - Dwarf weed seed

174 - 1 Gold charm, 13 Chaos runes

175 - Grimy dwarf weed

176 - Grimy irit

177 - 7 Gold bars (noted)

178 - Grimy cadantine

179 - 27 Adamant arrows

180 - 9 gold bars (noted)

181 - 1 Blue charm, Nature talisman

182 - 1 Green charm, 110 Steel arrows

183 - 1 Crimson charm, 12 Nature runes

184 - 1 Gold charm, 122 Earth runes

185 - Grimy dwarf weed

186 - 9 Rune javelins

187 - Adamant full helm

188 - 1 Crimson charm, Adamant full helm

189 - Runite bar

190 - 1 Green charm, 1 Cactus seed

191 - Grimy ranarr

192 - 20 Adamant javelins

193 - 1 Blue charm, 9 Rune javelins

194 - 1420 Coins

195 - Uncut diamond

196 - Cactus seed

197 - Uncut diamond

198 - Black dragonhide set

199 - 7 Gold bars (noted)

200 - 66 Steel arrows[/hide]

I also tried PvP this week and Bounty Hunter, specifically. I definitely don't like it. First, if you're stronger, the person runs, so the only way to win is to be the one person who doesn't run against someone stronger. Even then, somehow the person fighting me managed to get me to low health, then before I could heal, his "silent partner" came on to gang up on me to finish me off. If I don't "trick" I won't ever go back, because it's not even really RuneScape.

I trained another level in Construction with the aid of Penguin Hide & Seek points and a few dozen furniture flatpacks. I farmed the Torstol seeds sitting in my bank with the aid of Garden Pies. Smithing is due for a new level soon, with Prayer next in line, then Herblore.

I'm not terribly happy with the way the game is progressing, so I may not have the excitement necessary to do anything exciting. At the moment, I'm working on further upgrading the Ivandis flail.

I do appreciate the readers and have another congratulations to answer...

Grats on the Strength level!

Thank you very much! It's nice to see 80s up there...even if they kind of look like zeros!

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Penguin Hide & Seek points went toward Construction this week, for no better reason than it seemed like a skill that could use the points. I need just five more Construction levels to get to a high enough level for a Gilded Altar, which I'm sure will help train Prayer more quickly (not for experience, but as far as playing time is concerned).

I visited a few Evil Trees and managed to earn levels in Woodcutting and Firemaking. I still haven't revisited my Slayer task, but I did revisit an enemy I trained on in order to earn some cash and runes. I may create a short PMG (player-made guide) based on the training spot on which I use. At that spot, I advanced levels in Attack, Defense, Hitpoints, and Combat...all within a two minute span! No picture, because I was battling aggressive monsters at the time.

I did settle upon training at the Mage Training Arena after making my first few visits to kill Aviansie in the God Wars Dungeon. I'm just not willing to spend more than 1k for each Bones to Peaches spell tablet and bringing enough food or potions doesn't seem like a great option. I envision myself with a few hundred tablets made, half as many high alchemy sets, 1k broad bolts...and tons of loot! The area has definitely become my Ranged training ground of choice, surpassing the days and days spent camping out in the Waterfall Dungeon at Fire Giants.

Hundreds of points stand between me and unlocking the important "B2P" spell. It seems ludicrous for anyone to have any desire to get anything other than that spell before the other shop items. Peaches heal eight hitpoints compared to the two by bananas, which also happens to be the amount of damange sustained every two seconds in the Graveyard section. It's mind-numbing. I can't wait to be done with it. Enchanting was much easier, with 10 points per Dragonstone at a time and world-hopping after picking up and enchanting all six. I did a few rounds of Telekinetic playground and Alchemy, but I'm trying not to "fry my brain" on the same minigame for hours on end.

There aren't any new goals, but unlocking more content will always be my main focus. I don't really feel like the new updates are helping my particular style of gaming, but I know that more are on the way in the near future, just not on the same scale as the latest releases.

I'm happy that people are still reading...

keep going you're doing awesomely

Thanks! It's difficult to stay motivated at times, but perhaps writing a PMG or buying some new item I'm lacking will give me a boost.

295/303 Quest Points

Well, I can't imagine trying to earn any of the other items available for trade in the Magic Training Arena. After hours of "training" (which did, incidentally, include adding a level in Magic), I was able to head upstairs and "purchase" the ability to turn bones to stones...errr, stone fruit...peaches.

[hide=Peaches come from a tab, they were put there by a man, in a player-owned house in Yanille...]58mtabonestopeachespos.png[/hide]

I noticed something interesting about the 83 level in Hitpoints...taking a dip in Oo'glog's thermal bath now boosts me to 99 Hitpoints! I suppose that's as close to a 99 as I'll get for some time. At least until I reach 84 Hitpoints and boost to 100!

While making one of my daily farming runs, I happened upon a few birds nests. It was unusual to get more than one in one trip and what I thought was a Saradomin egg turned out to be something more unique. A blue raven's egg now sits in my inventory and since I really have no desire to hatch it, It probably will for quite some time. I don't really keep pets, but I would if there were absolutely no chance of them running away. Since there is, it's too much trouble to have to deal with, at least in my book.

I'm really just wasting more time until Jagex releases a new quest or better content. I made myself a bunch of Bones to Peaches tablets and made a foray into the God Wars Dungeon again, but only to stockpile those noted Adamantite bars. I did take a break to finish a Treasure Trail.

[hide=Decent rewards, July 13th]59july13ttrewards.png[/hide]

Other than that, I did find time to finish the "first draft" of a guide to Ghostly warriors and have added a link to my signature, in case you're looking for something new to try!

295/303 Quest Points

Tears of Guthix, Penguin Hide & Seek, and the Circus...experience here and there...a couple of levels, but nothing major.

I was looking for something interesting to do, so I killed some more Ghostly warriors. After recording drops to better service the readers of my PMG, I needed something else to do. Looking at my list of tasks, I came to a decision...Rune defenders.

It didn't take long to work my way up to Rune, but once I got one, getting another appeared to be impossible. I got really frustrated...more than usual. I'm beginning to lose patience with the game and it's mostly because it seems like the updates they're deciding to make aren't the kind of updates that cater to my preferred gaming experience. It was bound to happen, but the higher my levels get, the less often new content will become available to me. I see a grind coming up...a very unpleasant, very frustrating grind.

In any case, I'll probably make a trip to the Barrows soon. It seems to be a minigame that I'll be able to complete now with less difficulty than even a month ago, thanks to some key melee, ranged, and magic skill gains.

Congratulations! If I can make it, I'll congratulate you in person! If not, I hope these well-wishes will do!

295/303 Quest Points

rune defender took me ages, i got stuck on steel and i ended up giving up.

as for barrows prayer potions have soared in price lately.

see:

Change in price:

30 Days: +37.3% 90 Days: +58.7% 180 Days: +70.2%

anyhow good luck

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

I reached level 81 in the Ranged skill after making a few trips into the God Wars Dungeons. I've become accustomed to training there safely, thanks to my POH-made 'Bones to Peaches' tablets. I sold almost all the Adamantite bars I had saved up, but it was sort of by accident. I sold them all at the highest Grand Exchange price just to see what would happen and they all sold instantly! The cash influx was great, but I kind of sighed ("Oh...") to myself. Honestly...what would I do with all that stuff anyway?

I went back into the Warrior's Guild and got myself a place-holder Rune defender (finally). Two for the bank is enough. It was a pain, to be honest. I trained to level 71 Thieving at Pyramid Plunder and was able to get a Pharaoh's sceptre, which will make trips to Sophanem so much easier from now on. It's something I'd been hoping to find, but hadn't really dedicated myself to searching for. Now that I have it, it almost makes training at Pyramid Plunder a little less exciting!

Next up on my task list is probably the Mage Arena in the deep wilderness. I don't really NEED to complete it, but it would be nice to have those spells unlocked. With my levels, it shouldn't be terribly difficult.

I guess I'm going to hold off on Barrows for a little while. I'm not entirely comfortable with it, but not because of the prayer potion prices (I have tons of them). That's certainly a contributing factor, but I'm setting myself toward making some good cash while training. Dragons might be on the list...more Ghostly warriors probably...Aviansies for sure. MTK hasn't been producing high level tree seeds for me lately. I'm in a little bit of a "farming recession" I suppose, but I haven't hard core trained it (nor Woodcutting or Firemaking) in a little while. Agility is staring me in the face and giving me dirty looks. Runecrafting can give me all the dirty looks it wants...it's not getting any attention from me! As far as I'm concerned, Runecrafting and Summoning can start becoming "skills not getting trained" friends.

rune defender took me ages, i got stuck on steel and i ended up giving up.

as for barrows prayer potions have soared in price lately.

see:

Change in price:

30 Days: +37.3% 90 Days: +58.7% 180 Days: +70.2%

anyhow good luck

Rune defenders don't seem to be powerful enough to be worth the hassle. Some people get them quickly and get many of them while others spend tons of time in that room without ever getting one. I also find it annoying that we have to leave the room to show the attendant the next defender we earn as a drop before newer Cyclopes are "released" into the room. At least make them progressively tougher while maintaining the high frequency of drops, Jagex!

As for the prayer potions...I've saved tons of mixes, so maybe this would be a good time to sell 'em and make some more cash!

o hai hott st00f.

Umm...okay?

295/303 Quest Points

Sometimes waiting so long to attempt something new makes a lot of sense. Sometimes you realize you've just been putting off something that could have easily been completed much sooner. My task list got a little shorter this weekend with a trip to the wilderness Mage Arena. I had to face Kolodion.

[hide=Killing Kolodion]60makolodiondefeat.png[/hide]

It wasn't much of a fight, especially since I was bringing some serious heat. All that was left was collecting God capes and God staffs and upgrading my spell book with God spells.

[hide=It's the claw!]61maclawsofguthixunlock.png[/hide]

Before long, Saradomin Strike, Flames of Zamorak, and Claws of Guthix were all part of my magic arsenal.

I had purchased the rest of the Guthix vestments set early last week for prayer boosting purposes and it came in handy in the arena, allowing me plenty of time to cast each spell 100 times, as long as I had taken a dip at the Oo'glog pools prior to each foray into the arena.

I don't really mind purchasing Treasure Trail reward items as long as the set fits into my POH treasure chest, so it's a nice surprise to get the items. It's especially interesting to find that when unique items do appear at the end of a trail, they seem to fit with items I had received earlier. For instance, the first unique item I ever received as a member happened to be the Zamorak d'hide body...

[hide=Zammy d'hide, Jr.?]62july19ttrewards.png[/hide]

This week I received another part of that set, even though I already purchased the rest of the set to be able to keep it in my POH.

I'd REALLY like some more special items, but sometimes I fear all I'll be getting are Rune hatchets, Rune pickaxes, and Black dragonhide armour pieces. Oh, I'll take 'em, don't get me wrong, but they don't sit in my bank. Can you say, high alchemy?

295/303 Quest Points

The more advanced my skills become and the more content I unlock, the more I look toward the future of RuneScape gaming. I once pored hours of time into a free MMORPG only to have the site close, losing all that "effort" and "time investment" in a virtual world, so it's important that I make an effort to not waste such valued resources again.

Since I'm so concerned about the future, hearing about updates to the game comforts me, though I'm fully aware that harping so vehemently on the stability of the future is a tactic of failing companies. Jagex is taking unique steps in reaching out to fansites by releasing unique concept art to several different outlets. The problem with that process for users becomes a benefit to the fan-run sites and correspondingly, a benefit to the company, since excited users lead to more steady profits which entices the company to make more.

For the longest time, I didn't know exactly where to look. The problem with threads in subforums such as General Discussion is that users don't clean up the thread and the pictures are often posted again and again and again...and with useless, ridiculous, wildly speculative, and in some cases rude commentary.

Recently, I came across a RuneScape forum article which had a link to a thread on the RSOF called Fansite Support Information (QFC: 103-104-0-58994789). Under Recognised fansites, Tip.It was listed first! I knew about several of the other sites, but some of them, I never realized existed.

I started from the bottom and worked my way up, looking on each site for the colorful "exclusive concept art" released by Jagex. Since I did all that work, I figured some of my readers would enjoy looking at the pictures, too. I won't just be linking to the pictures. I'll provide links to the sites that should take anyone interested directly to the artwork. Since it's provided by Jagex, the sites themselves don't actually have copywrights and can't prevent us from all taking a peek!

[hide=Jagex]Jagex_Image_1_min.jpg

Jagex_Image_2_min.jpg

Jagex_Image_3_min.jpg

Jagex_Image_4_min.jpg

Jagex_Image_6_min.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Tip.It]Tip.It

Jagex_Exclusive_min.jpg[/hide]

[hide=RuneHQ.net]RuneHQ.net

rhqdragon2.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Runevillage.com]RuneVillage.com

Image_17_Runevillage%20exclusive_c.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Runescapemedia.com]Runescapemedia.com

conceptart1.jpg

conceptart2.jpg

conceptart3.jpg

conceptart4.jpg

conceptart5.jpg

conceptart6.jpg

conceptart7.jpg

conceptart8.jpg

conceptart9.jpg[/hide]

295/303 Quest Points

This week's update finally provided a new quest to complete. It didn't take long.

As a result of the plentiful experience bonuses for completing the quest, I was able to gain a level in Strength, bringing me another level in something else.

[hide=Combat 110!]63combat110.png[/hide]

I enjoyed the simple quest so much, I decided to get started on While Guthix Sleeps, though only until I reached the part of the quest where a Snapdragon seed is needed. I don't want to buy one off the Grand Exchange or from the NPC. I figure I'll continue with the quest once I receive one as a drop.

I have yet to decide whether a trip to the Barrows is overdue. I'm a little frightened of the prospects of "getting Dharoked in the tunnels" and don't really have the room for the armour in my inventory, despite destroying a great number of saved quest items that no longer have any significant purpose.

I almost forgot to mention Tears of Guthix, Penguin Hide & Seek, and Circus experience...although nothing terribly exciting happened as a result. Well, maybe one thing...

[hide=Total-ly awesome!]64lvl78crafttl1800.png[/hide]

It's strange because the best and worst part of the week is "update day" because while new content is exciting, I know I'll have to wait another week to get to see more new stuff!

295/303 Quest Points

I'm finding less time to myself of late, which translates into less enjoyment during the short stints in gameplay I do have. A brief foray into the Ancient Caverns to try and make a dent in my Waterfiends task (my 150th, by the way) hasn't made much of a dent at all. I did try rummaging a skeleton and got another Ancient page. The one enduring task that I expect won't be completed anytime soon seems to be the upgrading of my Ivandis flail, which currently is serving a couple of purposes. First, the more I kill, the more I can burn. The more I burn, the better I get with the flail.

[hide=250 Vyrewatch spirits "set free"]65vyrewatch250.png[/hide]

Not only that, but the more I burn, the more keys I collect. The more keys I collect, the more loot I find in the wall recesses of the Columbarium.

[hide=201 to 250 keys in the Columbarium]Vyrewatch log

201 - 11 Death runes

202 - Grimy toadflax

203 - Dwarf weed seed

204 - 19 Choas runes

205 - Blue charm, Kwuarm seed

206 - 69 Earth runes

207 - Blue charm, Grimy lantadyme

208 - Dwarf weed seed

209 - Grimy torstol

210 - 24 Adamant arrows

211 - Gold charm, 113 Earth runes

212 - Mithril hatchet

213 - Green charm, Uncut diamond

214 - 90 Earth runes

215 - Grimy cadantine

216 - Rune platelegs

217 - Grimy lantadyme

218 - 75 Steel arrows

219 - Limpwurt seed

220 - Mithril hatchet

221 - 117 Earth runes

222 - Blue charm, 15 Adamant arrows

223 - 10 Nature runes

224 - 15 Chaos runes

225 - Irit seed

226 - 23 Adamant arrows

227 - 23 Adamant javelins

228 - 1303 Coins

229 - 101 Earth runes

230 - Limpwurt seed

231 - 71 Steel arrows

232 - Adamantite ore

233 - Black dragonhide set

234 - 7 Rune javelins

235 - 3 Grimy harralander

236 - Tooth half of a key

237 - 113 Steel arrows

238 - Irit seed

239 - 7 Gold bars (noted)

240 - 6 Rune arrows

241 - 9 Rune Arrows

242 - 13 Gold bars (noted)

243 - Grimy lantadyme

244 - 21 Adamant javelins

245 - Green charm, Kwuarm seed

246 - Irit seed

247 - Blue charm, Grimy dwarf weed

248 - Grimy ranarr

249 - Rune med helm

250 - Green charm, Grimy ranarr[/hide]

The loot I'm looking for at the moment seems to be eluding me (a Snapdragon seed to help continue the While Guthix Sleeps quest), but it wasn't a completely unproductive trip.

Reaching new levels is getting more and more rare, but still happens occasionally. I'll do another review of my first few pages of the blog to make sure I'm not missing any goals!

keep up the goodwork, and well done with the mage arena and the completion off the curse of arrav.

also i really like the way you type its really interesting and exciting.

Thanks! I take pride in my writing skills, even if I consider myself just an average 'Scaper!

Don't worry about barrows; I did it as a level 89 and got chests 5 times, just bring sharks and 4 prayer pots. You have to keep your health up constantly to avoid being dharoked. A good magic level is needed to fight the melee guys. Good luck

I'm going to get to it sooner or later. I just want to set myself up with a good plan and stick to it. I've been reading up on it and probably will make a trip before finishing my Waterfiends task, since I refuse to pay for the privilege of using someone else's Saradomin Godsword.

295/303 Quest Points

I've been looking forward to a trek to the Barrows for a long time. You've no doubt read about it here among the posts on this thread. Imagine my disgust when I dig into my first mound and discover the tunnel...under Dharok's crypt!

I've heard (and read, of course) how dangerous fighting Dharok in the tunnels can be. If there was ever a trial by fire, this would be it. The resulting displeasure made my first trip a long one, since I decided to make trips to the Nature Grotto for prayer recharges after almost every battle, just to make sure I didn't waste any unnecessary prayer potion (well, mix) doses.

Fortunately, I prepared well. I settled on high defensive armour and the black salamander, since I've been saving harralander and swamp tar for ages, just for this kind of situation (not to mention some decent Herblore experience).

I managed to kill two brothers per trip to the altar, but settled on making my way into the tunnels with low prayer, since it would deplete anyway. I encountered him after opening a door and ran like heck until I made it near the center room and boosted my 'KC' with some Crypt rats and Skeletons. It wasn't long before I finally decided to make my way into the center room and take my chances against Dharok. I "potted up" before the final confrontation and took care of business.

I was still worried enough that I didn't take a picture of my victory and the "spoils" weren't significant enough to warrant a picture. That's pretty much it. I'll surely make more visits and experiment with less and less prayer, but I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to do so well with so little danger.

Another song got crossed off the list and one less challenge remains for me in the realm of RuneScape!

295/303 Quest Points

congratz on barrows trip. Hope you enjoyed it :thumbsup:

Keep going I love reading your blog and it is one of the few that I actually come back to.

Thanks to Kadad06 my cousin who got me hooked on this awesome game.

I'm not exactly hooked on making Barrows runs, but I do enjoy the different method of training. It's not necessarily a productive way to train, but the salamander's unique attack styles means earning experience and sometimes earning levels that you don't expect.

[hide=The magic of the black salamander...]66magic82.png[/hide]

I made nine trips before earning my first Barrows equipment. Three of the runs involved getting Dharok in the tunnel, which is definitely the most scary of the chest situations, but it was in fact a Dharok tunnel that led to my first item reward (other than Bolt racks, of course).

[hide=Dharok lef' me a lil' somethin' somethin' since I was creepin' in his crib]67barrowsdhplatelegs.png[/hide]I'll certainly make more trips soon. The rewards are thrilling prospects!

On a different note, I "skill maxed" Woodcutting this evening at level 85. Until new content is introduced, I have nothing but a skillcape to look forward to in the skill.

[hide=Skill maxing Woodcutting]68woodcutting85.png[/hide]

It was quite a thrill to remove it completely from my statistic and goal lists!

congratz on barrows trip. Hope you enjoyed it

Keep going I love reading your blog and it is one of the few that I actually come back to.

Thanks and as always, I'm flattered. I try and update as often as I have something I think is interesting enough to say!

295/303 Quest Points

Karil is my favorite.

I've become somewhat of a Barrows addict, quite quickly. The rewards I saw at first as sparse have become extraordinary, all of the sudden. I'm almost speechless. My ninth trip produced my first item (other than Bolt racks, of course). My fifteenth trip provided my second item (a duplicate) and my eighteenth trip provided my third item...and my fourth.

[hide=Holy...]69barrowsdhhelmdragmed.png[/hide]

I couldn't believe it (PRINT SCR! PRINT SCR! PRINT SCR!). I never had a Dragon med helm before. Dharok's helm made a nice compliment. I decided to make one more run before taking a break. I'm glad I did.

[hide=Thank you sir, may I have another!]70barrowsdragmed.png[/hide]

I almost jumped out of my chair! Woo hoo! I went for another trip, but the rewards seemed to return to normal. Oh well. I'll probably have to endure a ridiculously long drought now, but for the time being, I'm glad to revel in my rewards!

What are my current Barrows rewards? I suppose I'll keep track of them, you know, for posterity!

[hide=Barrows Trips]1 - (~110) Chaos runes, (~260) Mind runes, 36 Boltracks, (~1000) coins (KC: 10) Dharok

2 - (~550) Mind runes, (~1000) coins (KC: 10) Torag

3 - 562 Mind runes, 153 Death runes, 41 Blood runes, 1163 Coins (KC: 11) Karil

4 - 265 Mind runes, 72 Bolt racks, Tooth half of a key, 760 Coins (KC: 12) Torag

5 - 249 Chaos runes, 39 Blood runes, 1474 Coins (KC: 16) Guthan

6 - 119 Chaos runes, 600 Mind runes, 43 Blood runes, 918 Coins (KC: 13) Dharok

7 - 241 Chaos runes, 298 Mind runes, 72 Death runes, 880 Coins (KC: 17) Guthan

8 - 131 Chaos runes, 78 Death runes, 323 Mind runes, 40 Blood runes, 1134 Coins (KC: 60) Guthan

9 - 35 Bolt racks, 130 Chaos runes, 82 Blood runes, 77 Death runes, 299 Mind runes, Dharok's platelegs (KC: 50) Dharok

10 - 38 Blood runes, 259 Chaos runes, 336 Mind runes, 118 Coins (KC:35) Guthan

11 - 77 Bolt racks, 647 Mind runes, 37 Blood runes, 954 Coins(KC: 30) Ahrim

12 - 255 Mind runes, 150 Death runes, 1668 Coins (KC: 7) Karil

13 - 41 Blood runes, 331 Mind runes, 72 Death runes, Loop half of a key, 2028 Coins (KC: 30) Dharok

13 - 81 Blood runes, 74 Bolt racks, 1280 Coins (KC: 20) Dharok

14 - 128 Chaos runes, 77 Death runes, 2588 Coins (KC: 17) Torag

15 - 821 Mind runes, 1210 Coins, Dharok's platelegs (KC: 16) Guthan

16 - 284 Mind runes, 227 Death runes, 127 Chaos runes, 37 Bolt racks, 36 Coins (KC: 17) Verac

17 - 130 Chaos runes, 78 Blood runes, 74 Death runes, 78 Bolt racks, 420 Coins (KC: 19) Dharok

18 - 40 Bolt racks, 1636 Coins, Dragon med helm, Dharok's helm (KC: 19) Karil

19 - 38 Blood runes, 38 Bolt racks, 1670 Coins, Dragon med helm (KC: 21) Karil

20 - 331 Mind runes, 70 Death runes, 82 Blood runes, 38 Bolt racks, 418 Coins (KC: 20) Ahrim

21 - 138 Chaos runes, 42 Blood runes, 2660 Coins (KC: 23) Guthan

22 - 113 Chaos runes, 152 Death runes, 41 Blood runes, 38 Bolt racks, 558 Coins (KC: 20) Torag

23 - 113 Chaos runes, 81 Death runes, 2086 Coins (KC: 21) Torag

24 - 281 Mind runes, 237 Death runes, 41 Blood runes, 37 Bolt racks, 314 Coins (KC: 19) Karil

25 - 124 Chaos runes, 146 Death runes, 118 Blood runes, 35 Bolt racks (KC: 21) Ahrim

26 - 307 Mind runes, 78 Blood runes, 36 Bolt racks, 1086 Coins (KC: 21) Dharok

27 - 292 Mind runes, 77 Death runes, 43 Blood runes, 868 Coins (KC: 21) Torag

28 - 118 Chaos runes, 146 Death runes, 38 Blood runes, 74 Bolt racks, Loop half of a key (KC: 21) Verac[/hide]

I will update this list (and may move it around from time to time) as I continue to visit the eerie Barrows!

295/303 Quest Points

Hmmm.... lol, You probably were not aware of this, but the dragon meds were the rarest items. Yes, Barrows is so very fun; until you die, one time I was walking around in the tunnels getting my kill count up when i got dharoked and got hit with like a 37 and a 25 before I could do anything. PS: Do you sell any of your items? Because the dharok helm can yeild over 9 mil! :shock: Keep it up! :D

I'm actually a little glad that this week was a non-update week from Jagex. If it had been new content, I might have been tempted to play more than I did, which wouldn't have been a great idea. As it is, I didn't accomplish anything too great. I made a couple more Barrows runs, Farming runs, and spent Penguin Hide & Seek points, visited the Circus, and forgot to do Tears of Guthix until it was late in the week.

I did manage a level in Herblore which means I can now clean any Grimy dwarf weed I get. It also means I'm only one level away from being able to easily boost to create Ranging potions, so I suppose I need to make room for Wine of Zamorak in my bank.

I haven't received a Snapdragon seed as a drop lately, which means my While Guthix Sleeps questing has stalled for the time being. I did go back to Waterfiends to finish a gargantuan Slayer task. Catablepons are my 151st task. It's nice to have a different monster for a change. I think it's been almost a month since I received those Waterfiends as a task from Duradel!

Hmmm.... lol, You probably were not aware of this, but the dragon meds were the rarest items. Yes, Barrows is so very fun; until you die, one time I was walking around in the tunnels getting my kill count up when i got dharoked and got hit with like a 37 and a 25 before I could do anything. PS: Do you sell any of your items? Because the dharok helm can yeild over 9 mil! Keep it up!

It certainly was a surprise to get those in back-to-back runs! I haven't sold them yet, nor the Dharok pieces. I'll watch the Grand Exchange trends carefully before selling, but I might get lucky and finish the set before that happens.

I am usually very careful when I make runs. My method is pretty straightforward. I start with Dharok, and assuming the tunnel isn't in his crypt, I use the melee prayer against him and attack with the magic attack of a Black salamander. I wear melee gear with a few Prayer boosting accessories. After Dharok, I move on to Karil, pray ranged and switch to a shield and Abyssal whip to attack with melee. After Karil, it's switching back to the Black salamander, but using the ranged attack and the magic prayer, most likely using up the rest of my Prayer. Running out is okay, because I switch the Black salamander back to the magic attack and go head-to-head against Verac, then Guthan, and finally Torag.

If the tunnels are found in one of the first three crypts, I skip that brother, kill the rest, then recharge my Prayer at the Nature Grotto or my house and go back and run through doors in the tunnels until I run into the remaining brother. Sometimes I'll go into the tunnels and boost my kill count into the teens first and THEN recharge Prayer, but it really depends how much food I have left (I take about ten or fifteen monks and one Prayer mix(2) with me). I use the Enhanced excalibur frequently, which replenishes a few Hitpoitnts AND temporarily boosts my Defence.

If I'm lucky, the tunnels are found in one of the last three crypts in my rotation and I don't recharge my Prayer. I ALWAYS kill five brothers before heading into the crypts, just to make sure I don't make a mistake and run into trouble below and/or forget to kill them all before opening the chest.

I don't think my method is any better or worse than any other I've seen, but it's what works for me. It saves on Prayer potions and doesn't take me long at all. I bring the Explorer's ring 3, Druid pouches, and a Teleport to house tablet on each trip and sometimes I risk a little more than I should by going into Karil's tunnels without recharging Prayer. One of these days it might be my undoing!

295/303 Quest Points

I don't remember having fond feelings toward the Rag and Bone Man quest. It wasn't that it was especially difficult or even time-consuming (though at times I think it was both). I think my less than enthusiastic feelings were that the quest and resulting sub-quest were tasks for the sake of tasks.

I love quests, but I'd have rather had them set aside certain monsters that only appear after killing a counted number of regular beasts which would then only guarantee, say, a 50/50 chance of dropping the bone, not to mention some better than usual items. As it is, it's simply "go kill these" until you get the drop, which could be right away or only after five or six dead beasts.

The good part about those quests is that they are easy to complete, but that also happens to be a drawback. We wait so long for these quests to come out, get such hype from Jagex (especially when an update is scheduled after a "skipped" week), and only get something that takes a couple of hours, and most of that time is figuring out where to go to get the drop without having to compete for kills with other gamers. Were I to finish this quest next week or next month, I'd easily be able to find space to do my killing.

This latest update is a little more challenging than the last, at least relatively speaking. I'm a much stronger player now and have much better gear, so some of the tougher monsters of my past were much easier to tackle for the latest sub-quest. The only one I'm having real difficulty obtaining is one that I might only gain from Bork...a monster I can only attack once a day.

It has definitely given me something to do other than Slayer or Barrows. I've even put off plans on minigame participation simply because of the length of time I'll have to devote toward making the last push to finish the quest. I may have to make sure that I haven't left anything out of my goals and tasks lists as well!

295/303 Quest Points

I've gone back to Slaying almost full-time now. I still do my usual Farming runs and trips to my kingdom to manage it, but I've replaced monster killing of a non-purposeful nature (like killing random dragons, Ghostly warriors, Fire Giants, Aviansies, etc.) with exercises designed to increase my Slayer skill level.

I'm making daily visits to kill the Jade Vine and Bork (a dual task until I receive a Femur from him). I've not tried going back to face the Phoenix since a day or so after the quest. I was a little too weak back then to attempt going through all of the caverns. I think I could last now at combat level 111.

Penguin Hide & Seek points went toward Construction and (of all skills) Fishing this week. I boosted my Ranged skill to level 82 with visits to the Circus and some bolt max hit testing for Tip.It. I haven't taken part in many other Distractions and Diversions lately. No Evil Trees since reaching level 85 Woodcutting. No Shooting Stars...just because. I did get a couple of Clue scrolls, but I didn't receive anything I haven't received before (a bunch of "cash creators": rune weaponry, magic bows, rune armour, black dragonhide, and Zamorak dragonhide chaps).

My 160th task is Iron Dragons. Had it been Steel, I'd have pulled the trigger on a permanent ban. Since it was the weaker guys, I thought I'd give it a try. 75 Irons...that's a little bit more than I'd like to see in the future. In fact, if I get Bronze or Steel in the future, I'll start the perma-ban list...and Irons will be on it, too.

295/303 Quest Points