SportsGuy's blog -> Membership, the 65+ plateau, and beyond

One of my new least favorite skills to train that I feel I must train is Firemaking. It's tedious and involves clicking over and over again and at best, costs ridiculous amounts of time or money. Since I want better rewards from Vyrewatch killing...

[hide=You better 'Vyrewatch' out!]41vyrewatch50.png[/hide]

...I need to get to level 80 Firemaking, which means that it's going to be my next skill to that plateau. Oh, yes...it will indeed.

Speaking of plateaus:

[hide=All your skills are belong to 60...]42summoning60.png[/hide]

I reached the level 60 plateau for skills with my weekly trip to Juna. It wasn't a particularly fantastic bowlful, but it was enough to get Summoning to level 60. With that level, I don't think I will strictly observe my "no training ban" any longer. I won't be training in large amounts, but I think it might make some training activities easier if I can make my own familiar pouches and use them indiscriminately. I don't see it making a big difference at this point, but we'll see.

One of those necessities in Firemaking is logs, and cutting them and "power burning" has become my method of choice. The benefit of cutting and not buying the logs is the experience...well, literally, not figuratively. It's still a boring chore.

[hide=Wow...the great new 'benefit' of 82 Woodcutting...not!]43woodcutting82.png[/hide]

I expect to use my Penguin Hide & Seek points this week on Firemaking, but only AFTER I've reached level 79. The points will go to better use at a higher level, plus, I'll be able to light ten beacons and get the Fire gloves to train slightly quicker.

Circus won't get me enough points for new levels, but I had been training my Ranged skill early in the week, just for kicks, and earned the ability to wear Morrigan's gear. I have no desire to use said ability, but it was a nice change from seeing the blank 'level up' screen. I got rid of all my remaining archery tickets to free up a bank space and did a little reorganizing to make sure I had enough space for some new raw materials. To be honest, I don't know what I'd do without a POH and all the magic wardrobes, racks, and chests!

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little woodcutting, a little firelighting, and level 79 came along and after using Penguin Hide & Seek points to take care of more than 31k experience, I was able to cross another task off the list.

[hide=10 Beacons Lit]4410beaconslit.png[/hide]

After 10 beacons were lit, I was able to more quickly train the rest of the way to Magic pyre logs...

[hide=Firemaking at 80]45firemaking80.png[/hide]

Sorry if I kept you awake with all the light!

295/303 Quest Points

I have been carefully stocking willow branches and cactus spines for use in Summoning and Herblore, but I've always had my eye on the Grand Exchange for a certain purpose.

Today, I decided to withdraw 1k of each of those items and try selling some of my gathered crops. Wow.

Millions of gold flowed in, but rather than re-invest, I decided to finish off my set of Blessed dragonhide items (I now have all three sets) and bought some Dragon boots and saved some money by purchasing a Dragon plateskirt instead of the Dragon platelegs. Nice upgrades. I put the rest of the cash into Managing Thy Kingdom, because I now want to max out that deposit area.

I started to think about how I've spent my money in the past. Rarely has it gone to actual weapon or armour upgrades. Usually it goes to completing a set (which is actually a wise practice for saving bank space).

I think those recent purchases are a great idea. I went on the shopping spree at the Grand Exchange after getting to 100 Vyre corpse burns.

[hide=My Ivandis Flail skill is increasing...]46vyrewatch100.png[/hide]

I'm also getting myself mentally prepared for my first attempt at Barrows. I kind of like the area East of the River Salve...except for the difficult travel, ghasts, and the swamp decay effect.

295/303 Quest Points

I've never been one to covet the high-level weaponry that Jagex often puts into the game in high danger situations. There is one new exception to that rule. The Saradomin godsword.

An in-game friend let me borrow it for 8 hours to finish my 100th Slayer task...166 Waterfiends. I over-prepared the first few trips, but quickly learned how little preparation you needed while wielding one of those two-handed beauties. One minor drawback was the number of trips I found myself making, not because I had to, but because I didn't want to drop anything! The drops were fantastic! I definitely made money from the task and anytime I get those monsters as a task in the future, I'll be sure to ask to borrow one.

An ancillary benefit was some more side-quest advancement...more Ancient pages. Most trips ended up with one, but one ended with two! I COULD have ignored the skeletons walking around, but I didn't want to pass up the opportunity, since I plan on rarely venturing into the Ancient Caverns, especially without clear purpose.

I advanced some levels in my melee skills and even gained a combat level. I trained Herblore by making lots of Serum 207 from low demand Tarromin. I also trained Fishing, Strength, Agility, and Cooking while collecting Caviar.

I don't have a clear vision for the next week of gaming, but I do expect to complete the Haunted Mine quest soon, which means Tarn's Lair will be infiltrated in a short time as well.

295/303 Quest Points

congratz on 60+ all skills!

Good luck with Tarns Lair I hated doing it so much but it was definitely worth doing.

Keep going :D

Thanks to Kadad06 my cousin who got me hooked on this awesome game.

My 110th task necessitated another visit to Duradel. I was shocked to learn that he expected me to kill 151 Warped Terrorbirds. I considered cancelling the task and even adding it to my ban list, but I decided to give it a try.

I did a little research on how to best kill the beasts and discovered 'solo birding' in the Sewer Slayer Dungeon's northern caves. The biggest issue I have with this task is that the solo method is seemingly the only real viable way of doing it without serious danger...and it takes a long run through the cave to get to that spot. The downside is, of course, the length of time it takes to complete the task. The upside...pretty good Slayer experience and some above-average drops. Some of those drops even stack.

I definitely won't be looking forward to another one of the tasks, but at least I know it's not impossible or too nerve-wracking. I did advance a strength level somewhere along the way, so I'll be training attack and defense to 79 to match it, along with ranging any task I can to level that skill up as well.

Before I go, I'll take the opportunity to respond to a new reader post...

congratz on 60+ all skills!

Good luck with Tarns Lair I hated doing it so much but it was definitely worth doing.

Keep going :D

Thanks! It took a pretty long time, but I'm still at it! As for Tarn, I expect to have more trouble with the actual quest...maybe I'm wrong. I guess I'll find out this week!

295/303 Quest Points

Wow, I always love reading your blog, always a good read and quite entertaining, good luck and you seem to be very resourceful and get the most out of the game with the free xp and doing almost everything you can do! :

:' awesome blog, love it, keep up the amazing work! :thumbsup:

I'm seriously considering some Summoning training, especially since it's getting longer and longer between Tears of Guthix trips leveling the skill up. I'm also back to Slayer training - almost full-time - since I'm working on getting my Defense skill up to the 80 mark. I'm only one away on Attack, Strength, Ranged, and Magic skills, 10 away in Prayer, but -1 in Hitpoints (I hit the 81 mark last night).

One big benefit of my melee training was a jump from Combat level 105 to 107 in the past week. Level 53 creatures are no longer automatically aggressive toward me. The list of monsters isn't that large, as it turns out, because some of the ones on the list are always agressive, but the few that will now look the other way are actually decent training fodder.

[hide=Level 53 monsters]Ice Giant (found in aggressive areas only)

Jogre

Ogre

Ravager -2- (doesn't count because it's in the Pest Control minigame)

Skeleton -25- (always aggressive because of the quest requirements)

Steel Armour (in Tarn's Lair...haven't been there yet, so I haven't seen this guy yet)

Witches Experiment -4- (4th form and automatically agressive)

Zombie -8-[/hide]

I'll have to wait some time before another good crop of non-aggressives becomes available since the formula is: (2xCombat Level+1).

Advancing in combat did encourage me to take on another challenge. It turns out neither the quest nor the side-quest were really that difficult...

[hide=Mine un-haunted and Tarn taken down]47tarndefeated.png[/hide]

It turns out that right after finishing the Haunted Mine quest, you can teleport to a location just outside the room where Tarn is found with the Ring of slaying. It was so helpful, I didn't use any prayer potions or food. In fact, I had to eat a piece of food at full health just to pick up Tarn's diary.

I came across an Evil Yew Tree this week, but no Shooting Stars. I cleaned up my bank a little bit and converted some ore into bars and tipped some bolt drops with cut gems. I also managed to find a missing half to a Crystal key, but got the dreaded "Dragonstone+Spinach roll" reward. I hate those things.

Now to respond to my readers...

Definitely good luck!

Thanks! You, too!

Wow, I always love reading your blog, always a good read and quite entertaining, good luck and you seem to be very resourceful and get the most out of the game with the free xp and doing almost everything you can do! awesome blog, love it, keep up the amazing work!

Thank you very much! I'm glad people like it!

As always, I'll take a look at the blogs of people who take the time to look at mine. If I haven't already, I'll usually comment, if warranted.

295/303 Quest Points

Sometimes the urge to write just hits you. Sometimes you're overwhelmingly compelled to write after something big happens. In the case of my RuneScape gaming, I'd say the latter more than the former is the impetus for tonight's (this morning's?) entry.

Things started out slow for the day. I began by trying to purchase as many pieces to the Rock-shell armour as I could, since a Rock-shell splinter had been holding a place in my inventory for a few days and I like to free up as much space as possible. Since Dagannoths were my current task, I decided to "kill two Dags with one whip" and make the armour myself, but I was missing a great number of pieces.

During the last couple of Dagonnoths on the task, I received a clue scroll with a unique reward, even if it isn't the most fantastic of pieces. At least it wasn't more law runes, rune, adamant, or black armour, bolts of some kind, a crossbow or two, and some rune weaponry that gets high alched the minute the reward screen comes down.

[hide=Treasure Trail, June 24th]48june24ttrewards.png[/hide]

I can put it in my "treasure box" in my POH and not worry about it. Just the way I like it.

My next task was a bit more tedious. More than 150 Lesser demons would have to be slain, which was alright by me, since I could melee them and work my way toward Defence level 80, which was a goal of mine. I managed to make some real progress, but before long, I noticed a new drop...

[hide=This isn't a Treasure Trail scroll...]49cslesserdemon.png[/hide]

I could hardly contain myself. The Lessers had been falling left and right, almost without me having to watch the screen (I don't AFK...ever...that's after trying to do it and losing my best armour early in my RuneScape gaming career). I didn't even have to make bank trips since most of their drops stacked or were high alchemy fodder. The scroll allowed me to cross another song off the list and served to introduce me to a much more thrilling battle than usual.

[hide=Not your average Lesser Demon...]50lesserdemonchampionde.png[/hide]

I had to empty my inventory of anything that could even be made into weapons or armour. No hammers or nails or even the enchanted broomstick. I instead took prayer potions and food and stat boosters, but resisted the temptation to use my high level magic potions (though this would have been the time to use them). At first I wasn't doing much damage, but after turning off auto-retaliate and just clicking away at the highest Water spell I could cast, he was down on his knees. I did miss the congratulations screen because my prayer ran out while I was trying to take screen shots. I also realized that I had forgotten to place Champion scrolls on my "task" list, as well as remaining music to be unlocked.

After that triumph, I decided to go back and finish collecting the Rock-shell armour to put a complete set in my POH. I took the trip to the Chaos Tunnels to mage some Giant rock crabs. I actually started earning pieces that I had already purchased, but the elusive Rock-shell shard was not one of them. Fortunately, I had put a purchase order in to the Grand Exchange, but forgot to take other items off listing, so every now and then I'd get an alert and run back to Edgeville to check. It wasn't until my last trip that I realized that Defence wasn't going to be the first combat skill to 80 (I'm not counting Hitpoints).

[hide=Magic at 80...]51magic80.png[/hide]

I don't even use Magic in combat. The most common uses for magic in my gaming experience are teleports and...high alchemy. Of course! All the high alching and teleporting back and forth to places put me closer and closer to the 80 plateau, even though I had been specifically training my melee skills to get there a little bit sooner!

Penguin Hide & Seek points went toward Hunter, so that skill should be at level 63 soon. The latest task before me is Jungle horrors...again. If it weren't so easy, it would be the first one on my ban list. It's annoying.

Another reader has posted and I'll answer it here...

Excellent blog, i hope you keep posting, because a look at your blog has been a daily ritual for me now! Keep trying at your goals!

I'm flattered! I hope you're okay with the frequency I've been posting at...some days there's not going to be anything...sometimes there will be many updates with lots of great pictures and captions. Thanks for reading!

295/303 Quest Points

Usually I head to Mazchna for my first five tasks in a set of ten, then Chaldear for four, then Duradel for the tenth to maximize the bonuses. Since I don't need the points anymore, I decided to try a new rotation.

I settled on Chaldear for nine, then Duradel for my first rotation. Unfortunately, it's slow going, as Chaldear seemed to give me all her "greatest hits" of long and annoying tasks. The Slayer experience is okay (I did level up to level 73), but it wasn't long before I got the dreaded Bronze Dragons...54 of them. At first, I contemplated making it my first ban (which would have gone nicely with a ban on Irons and then Steels, in order). Instead, I sucked it up and donned some prayer boosting items and used the opportunity to train some melee stats. Down in Brimhaven's Dungeon, I managed to get to level 80 in Defence. I crossed the goal off the list, but that's not even the real reason for this entry...

[hide=Dragon drop from a dragon...]52dropdragonplateskirt.png[/hide]

It's too bad that I already purchased a Dragon plateskirt. I suppose if I'd have waited, I'd have saved some cash, but who is to say I'd have been in the position to get a drop like that had I waited?

Next up for my melee skills will be Attack, with Strength getting the benefit of some cross-training (Barbarian fishing and Pyramid Plunder) before resuming Slayer, but that's once I reach level 80 in Attack. In the meantime, I'm going to Range tasks I can (to get that to 80 to match Magic) and make more money. Managing Thy Kingdom can be a drain on the finances, unless you turn right around and put those resources to work on the Grand Exchange!

Another note from the readers before I go...

Your blog is a very good read, I enjoyed reading it. Keep it up!

Thanks. At this point, I still enjoy writing it!

295/303 Quest Points

I got another piece of Guthix prayer boosting gear thanks to a Treasure Trail clue while on a Jungle horror Slayer task...

[hide=Treasure Trails, June 26th]53june26ttrewards.png[/hide]

It means another point of prayer protection while fighting Vyrewatch, which might also be on the list of things to try killing in the near future. I decided to finally set my mind to training Hunter the rest of the way from 63 to 66. Actually, once I saw how quickly the first level went and how easy it was to bank my captures, I decided to go the rest of the way. I also got more than 7k a trip for the critters I was selling.

I managed to train a little fletching at the same time, making arrow shafts which stacked and also sold quickly on the Grand Exchange. I definitely think I made the most of my time. I broke up a bit of the monotony with a trip to an Evil Magic Tree and met two nice gamers who gave me some pointers and made the chopping go by much more pleasantly. I also earned so much experience that I increased a level to 83 in Woodcutting. Since it's nothing special, I decided not to snap a picture. Actually, I did snap a picture, but I was busy editing my goals and task lists and forgot about it until it was too late. In any event, I did reach level 66 in Hunter and can now wear the Spottier cape which relegates my Spotted cape to a permanent place on the Magic cape rack in my POH.

I need to come up with a couple of new goals, since Magic and Firemaking are so far from completion. I might think about adding some to the list in the next week, but I don't think I have to make any decisions until it comes time to put my Penguin Hide & Seek points to use. I'll still be visiting the Circus each week and Juna in the Tears of Guthix cave (where points still go toward Summoning). I'll get back to Slayer soon (Kurasks) and will probably advance a level in Prayer before long and as soon as Attack and Strength tick over to 80, that will be my final sub-80 combat skill. Exciting!

295/303 Quest Points

You have a very nice and unique blog. Your system with these weekly update posts are long and interesting to read. I hope you manage as well with your in RS goals as with your blog writing.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I noticed an interesting animation when burning Vyrewatch corpses my last trip down to the Columbarium. Each 50 you burn, you earn more "skill" with the Ivandis flail, but it comes upon you like a tongue of fire. I tried to capture it in a picture, but without animation, it loses a little of the special flair.

[hide=150 Vyrewatch killed]54vyrewatch150.png[/hide]

While burning the corpses and setting the poor souls free, I reached level 71 Prayer. Not really a big deal. Usually, I am more interested in the rewards, but usually, the rewards are better than this latest killing expedition...

[hide=Columbarium keys 101 through 150]101 - Grimy toadflax

102 - 21 Adamant arrows

103 - 8 Death runes

104 - 954 Coins

105 - Rune dagger

106 - 8 Blood runes

107 - Limpwurt seed

108 - 1557 Coins

109 - 1471 Coins, 1 Gold charm

110 - Adamantite ore

111 - 10 Rune javelins

112 - 1 Crimson charm

113 - 17 Rune javelins, 1 Green charm

114 - Blood talisman

115 - 100 Earth runes

116 - Mithril hatchet

117 - Grimy snapdragon, 1 Crimson charm

118 - 89 Steel arrows

119 - 103 Earth runes

120 - Grimy lantadyme

121 - Uncut ruby, 1 Crimson charm

122 - Grimy snapdragon

123 - 11 Rune arrows

124 - Dwarf weed seed

125 - Grimy snapdragon

126 - 8 Blood runes

127 - 9 Rune javelins

128 - Grimy dwarf weed, 1 Blue charm

129 - 1228 Coins

130 - Uncut sapphire

131 - 18 Chaos runes, 1 Crimson charm

132 - Grimy toadflax

133 - Black dragonhide set

134 - Nature talisman

135 - 7 Blood runes

136 - 8 Rune arrows

137 - Adamantite ore

138 - Rune dagger

139 - 87 Earth runes

140 - Blood talisman

141 - Grimy torstol

142 - Uncut sapphire

143 - 10 Blood runes, 1 Green charm

144 - 9 Rune javelins, 1 Green charm

145 - Snapdragon seed

146 - Rune dagger

147 - 11 Rune javelins

148 - 8 Death runes

149 - 19 Adamant javelins

150 - Grimy torstol[/hide]

I'll be back, just not as soon, I suppose. I 'flash' Prayer on and off, which lets me stay for 20 or so at a time, but it's a lot of clicking and otherwise, it would be a lot of Prayer potions (well, mixes). I'll probably look into a minigame I haven't tried or something else to "waste" a little time until the next Jagex update.

I may have to stop acknowledging my readers so often, but until it gets out of hand, I'll continue to do so...

You have a very nice and unique blog. Your system with these weekly update posts are long and interesting to read. I hope you manage as well with your in RS goals as with your blog writing.

Thanks! I think mine is definitely different from what I've seen out there, but then again, it seems like everyone has put their own special spin on their gaming experiences (including you, in your blog). Thanks for the well wishes and kind words!

Your writing never ceases to amaze me, ALWAYS an interesting read, grats on all of those BIG and small achievements, keep it up!

Thanks so much! I love hearing such nice stuff! Thanks for reading and coming back so often!

295/303 Quest Points

I decided to add some more items to my POH Costume room, which had me hacking jungle in Tai Bwo Wannai. I managed to make a pretty good sum of money from selling off all the Snake hide, Proboscis, and Spider carcass drops, not to mention the duplicate Broodoo masks. I also put a few more Gout tubers into my bank...all from the village itself, thanks to the parcel service there. I've got well over 10k trading sticks...too bad they're not useful for much else and too bad the game doesn't give better rewards, since it's one I can actually stomach playing for hours on end. The prayer statue in the middle of the village certainly helps.

I won't see another level in Summoning until next week, thanks to an average trip to Juna's cave for Tears of Guthix. I'm anxiously awaiting updates from Jagex, but if for some reason they skip a week without making any updates, I'll go ahead and finish off the Summer's End quest, leaving just While Guthix Sleeps to be completed.

I took the opportunity to try a few minigames that I haven't visited this week, mostly just to unlock the music. I didn't really find any of them terribly addicting, but I didn't get to all of them. No one plays Trouble Brewing anymore.

Maybe it was just the few hours that I was on, but not even the one themed world had more than two people waiting to play. I was actually looking forward to playing a few rounds of that game, because I wanted to get the experience rewards it offers. I'd rather sit there and level Firemaking than burning logs or lighting beacons.

I finished off a Kurask task with a clue scroll and a Light Mystic Robe top as the only drops of real value. I could have sworn that the last time I finished a task there that gem tips were a drop, but not a single one this time, so I must be mistaken. The task was my 129th, so I was a little worried that I'd see "Iron Dragons" or worse, "Steel Dragons" when I visited Duradel in Shilo Village. Thank goodness it was only Kalphites! Easy and completable in one trip.

I farmed a few dozen herbs and traded in some Goutweed to Sanfew, which earned me my first leaves of Wergali. After that, it was back to Slayer tasks. I completed about seven of them and though I did get a clue scroll, I sold the best reward...a white elemental top for a female player. It earned me more than 600k. On the tasks, I reached level 82 in Hitpoints, level 80 in Attack, and level 108 Combat level.

I still haven't decided where my PHAS points will go and what day I'll go to the Circus, but I've got plenty of time to decide.

In the meantime, here are some more reader comments and replies...

Congratulions on 71 prayer! You have now the same level as me in that skill!

Thanks! Prayer is one of those less than popular skills to train, but important skills to have.

kep going you're doig really well

congrats

Thanks! I'm trying my best!

Love your Blog

Please keep up the great work

By far the best and most detailed blog i have ever read

I'm so glad to hear you enjoy it! Thanks for the compliments!

295/303 Quest Points

The updates to Agility training courses last week left me a little upset. I had planned on training the skill once reaching level 70 at the Dorgesh-Kaan course, but when Jagex made their changes, they took that option away. It's completely within their right and their realm to do whatever they want to the game, of course, and I'm really just more upset that I procrastinated so long in training that skill...well, really I was just training others, but I digress.

The PHAS points went toward Agility and I could have made a few less trips on Ape Atoll's course had I gone to the Circus before going on the spying mission. I reached a new level in Crafting and visited a couple of Evil Trees and a Shooting Star. I seem to be on a short loop on Slayer tasks, though not receiving the same task in a row. I've just about had my fill of Chaldear!

The big news of the week would have to be the completion of my final pre-WGS quest. Summer's End was one of the tougher quests I've had to endure, not because of difficulty, but because it involved a lot of avoiding and a steep learning curve for the first two caverns. The third wasn't tough at all. The rewards were nice and so was the extra mini-questing after completing the main quest.

I finished my latest Kurask task, but not before earning three clue scrolls over the course of the 100-plus killings (and two came almost back-to-back). The first two rewards were made up of mostly high alch fodder, but the third one...

[hide=New armour?]55june3ttrewards.png[/hide]

Not much is left as far as the main interest of my gaming experience. Hopefully, Jagex continues to release new and exciting quests and content on a more frequent basis. I suppose I could have done a better job of pacing myself, but if they don't release a quest each week, I was bound to catch up anyway.

I took a look at some of my goals and tried to come up with more long range ones to complete, but I don't think I'll place them here. It only involved checking each skill to see what was the highest level needed to use all the available content in the game.

I expect Ranged and Strength levels in the next week in combat skills and Farming, Thieving, and Smithing levels soon. I won't be training those skills, of course, but I'll take what the game gives me!

295/303 Quest Points

The holiday weekend allowed me to get some "work" done in the Slayer skill. I reached level 74 (which has no real benefits), 1000 Slayer points, and a level in Farming. I didn't get anything fantastic at the end of any Treasure Trails and generally had a pretty rough time going through the tasks. The 149th task turned out to be 160+ Blue dragons. They're either a really popular task or some kind of mid-level skiller money maker, because it seemed like everyone was there, most of them using a Ranged method. I have little respect for those people, especially after they would come into an already full world and try time after time to "steal" dragons from others who had been there killing for some time.

I'm a courteous player and won't "steal" an area from a player and I would hope that most others would be that way, too. The problem I see in these areas is that there is no redress, unless you risk going to a PvP world, which also carries the risk that YOU'LL be a target, and let's face it, the only way around those kinds of PvP battles is to "trick" someone else into thinking you might be able to beat them, when in fact, they're much stronger in the one skill they've trained, which is why they're camping out in that area. The thrill of the kill for those players is much more exciting than the actual training that you're trying to do.

It is that aspect that I dislike most about RuneScape. I know they want "little kids" to plunk down their parents' money and that most of those players don't care how many times they die, and how often they have to re-outfit, but I'm emotionally tied to my character AND the gear that I've won and earned. I don't feel like "giving" it away in PvP situations.

In any event, Slayer tasks like those actually don't excite me in the least, especially since it seems like the only real skill benefit will come in Prayer, which will benefit from all the Dragon bones I collect. I would like to get my Crafting skill to 80, but for now I'm fine with a level of 77.

You might say, this is a week of wasting time until the next update, which will probably not be something I enjoy. I don't WANT to finish While Guthix Sleeps, but a nice quest might be the only thing that brings me out of this funk.

I won't let my bad mood affect my treatment of readers...

Hey, good work, can the guthix armour go in the clue scroll chest?

Thanks! You need the full set of armour to put it into the Treasure Trails chest that goes in your POH costume rooms and I didn't feel like buying the rest of the set (though I usually do to make the room in my bank). I might high alch my regular Rune platebody and just use the new one. In fact...yep, that's what I'll do.

295/303 Quest Points

Having received Waterfiends for my 150th Slayer task, I decided I'd evenly train my last few thousand experience points in Strength on a controlled setting with the Abyssal whip.

I decided to go back to a place I trained for a Slayer ghost task...the spiritual realm Axe Hut. It wasn't long before I reached my goal.

[hide=Strength at 80]56strength80.png[/hide]

Not only that, but I received a Spirit shield as a drop that allows me a place-holder in my bank.

I was close enough to another level in Thieving to get to 69 with a mixture of Pyramid Plunder and the Sorceress' Garden. I felt like the "SG" was so quick and easy, I decided to go the rest of the way to level 70, which allows me to pickpocket Paladins.

I was so close to level 63 in Construction that I went ahead and constructed some Teak flatpacks until earning a new level. I then put them into my kingdom's coffers.

I only collected just over 100 tears from the Tears of Guthix minigame this week, but it was easily enough for another level in Summoning.

If I can borrow a Saradomin godsword, I'll finish my 150th Slayer task this coming week, but that probably won't happen until after a possible update by Jagex, most likely after visiting the Circus, and definitely not before I spy on the penguins and polar bear.

295/303 Quest Points