How much of a buff does F2P mage need?

The_Maddest

Ive never even seen them worn -.- .

I don't think they are worth tons of tokens, which would probably cost more time than it would take to make the money for full ahrims, AND the fact they are worse and need recharging.

If they required 1/4 the token now, and perhaps gives MORE runes per set, maybe it's worth using.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they are worth tons of tokens, which would probably cost more time than it would take to make the money for full ahrims, AND the fact they are worse and need recharging.

If they required 1/4 the token now, and perhaps gives MORE runes per set, maybe it's worth using.

I know for a fact that when I PvP mage I'm not at all bothered about the cost -- saving 5 extra deaths out of 100 isn't gonna change anything for me. If the recharge costs were lowered enough, I'd use druidic/battle robes if they were introduced for the extra binding capabilities/higher magic bonus.

At the moment I need 205 tokens every time I die/robes run out which is waaaay too impractical for regular PvP.

The_Maddest.png

At the moment I need 205 tokens every time I die/robes run out which is waaaay too impractical for regular PvP.

Now if that were halfed, battle robes would be perfect. :(

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Personally, I believe f2p mage needs snare, the 10% spells, and maybe the ability to craft more of the runes they need. Otherwise, no, f2p mage dominates in its own golden age.

Wave spells + snare, good enough for me.

F2p mages don't need armor, thats almost certain.

I'd say the opposite. If there's anything I'd like it's armour with defence boosts. Snipers rip through my measly rune kiteshield's and rune full helm's defence bonus. So I get hit a lot and my spells are innacurate.

Personally, I believe f2p mage needs snare, the 10% spells, and maybe the ability to craft more of the runes they need. Otherwise, no, f2p mage dominates in its own golden age.
10% spells would be great. I'm not sure crafting runes would help but then again, I have next to no experience RCing. About the golden age, we're trying to make it be balanced at all levels. That means at no levels should it 'dominate' and no levels should it be destroyed.
The_Maddest.png

Wave spells + snare, good enough for me.

F2p mages don't need armor, thats almost certain.

I'd say the opposite. If there's anything I'd like it's armour with defence boosts. Snipers rip through my measly rune kiteshield's and rune full helm's defence bonus. So I get hit a lot and my spells are innacurate.

10% spells would be great. I'm not sure crafting runes would help but then again, I have next to no experience RCing. About the golden age, we're trying to make it be balanced at all levels. That means at no levels should it 'dominate' and no levels should it be destroyed.

Mages arent made for tanking (even though they can) they freeze/snare and then run away.

O.O

F2P needs to have wave spells, but the requirements should be 2 deaths instead of 1 blood on free servers.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Or just give blood runes to free players, they did it before with addy arrows, they can do it with blood runes.

And mess up the blood rune market? An earlier poster mentioned increasing blood rune drops; but getting it right is really tricky.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Snare is definitely needed. Bind is pretty much useless for stopping an opponent from escaping atm; It's pretty much useless for help YOU escape too... -.-

Adding Teleblock would definitely be nice; It would make mages feared (at least a little bit) again.

Adding the wave spells would help balance out the f2p triangle at the higher lvls. Currently, a ranger can hit 16 (18's with prayer) using 125 gp arrows, that are reusable, FASTER than a mage hitting 16's with 275-300gp runes that are 1 use each. Melee and range are pretty balanced in f2p (although range does need a better bow for accuracy bonuses). Adding wave spells would also increase the demand on blood runes, and raise the price a bit.

at most, they deserve a wave spell. But, I'm going to go with the fact of, if you want better mage, be a member. F2p is a preview of the game.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

But, I'm going to go with the fact of, if you want better mage, be a member. F2p is a preview of the game.

You have it entirely wrong. The F2P version of runescape deserves to be a game all unto itself, even the CEO said this. P2P is meant to be an "expansion pack" - not the "full version".

In most of our opinions, the higher level F2P combat triangle is broken, because mage is non-existent, and range tanks dominate. The one thing you can do to fix it would be either implement my suggestion :P

Or give F2P snare, wave spells, and the 10% spells.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Blood runes are hard to sell, easy to buy, why not give it to f2p.

Because that would hurt members. The price floor can be easily removed and Jagex should have done so a long long time ago.

and range tanks dominate
Only true at med levels. They don't do well at all at low levels and they don't do well at high levels either (after they're maxed).

Blood runes are hard to sell, easy to buy
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when bloodvelds were introduced didn't they introduce huge numbers of blood runes into the game? If they do that I'm sure they'll give F2P them. Also, not many people in F2P are rich enough to use magic anyway so they won't be used that much.

F2P needs to have wave spells
I always use blasts/bind on PKing trips with my clan and I find that magic is hugely accurate. At one point it was only me blasting and I got most of the kills, and this is with me binding a lot as well. Imagine how effective super-accurate 20s as fire wave will be. I think all-styles wars would be needing full d'hide for tanking #-o
The_Maddest.png

Because that would hurt members. The price floor can be easily removed and Jagex should have done so a long long time ago.

Sorry, but how?

When I was crafting bloods, I gave up after a few hours because to get rid of them, I HAD to sell at minimum and wait HOURS despite that. So I switched to Deaths. You know how easily deaths sell?

So if F2P gets blood runes, that would make the prices rise, therefore triggering more runecrafters, such as myself, to craft bloods. Greater supply and greater demand.

Sorry, but how?

When I was crafting bloods, I gave up after a few hours because to get rid of them, I HAD to sell at minimum and wait HOURS despite that. So I switched to Deaths. You know how easily deaths sell?

So if F2P gets blood runes, that would make the prices rise, therefore triggering more runecrafters, such as myself, to craft bloods. Greater supply and greater demand.

Exactly my point. Bloods rising would hurt members overall. Runecrafting doesn't need anything new; it has deaths, laws, double cosmics, double astrals, and for the high levels double nats. But mages would be hit bad.

That's because there's a HUGE market for them in F2P. If you made wave spells, and blood runes F2P, deaths would crash and bloods would explode (unless there is some P2P thing holding deaths at a constant price that I'm not familiar with - can anyone help me with this?)

Sorry to be all nit-picky about economics terminology, but the demand curve would shift rightward (due to more people able to buy) and the supply curve would remain constant (due to the same number of people able to craft blood runes). This would mean a greater quantity supplied at a greater price, but not a greater supply.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand if you don't understand.

Anyhow, what this would generally do is make P2P runecrafting more profitable to more people (assuming that blood runes rise above the price of double nature runes), and make more people want to get the 70 runecrafting, until an equilibrium was achieved between double nature runes and death runes.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Most Ancient spells use Death runes.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Sorry, but how?

Exactly my point. Bloods rising would hurt members overall. Runecrafting doesn't need anything new; it has deaths, laws, double cosmics, double astrals, and for the high levels double nats. But mages would be hit bad.

Yea, but only one of them is best.

Melee has a million weapons, but the scimitar and whip are the only ones used for training, dose this make melee any stronger?

The real problem is it will hurt p2p mages =D.

O.O

I agree, for obvious reasons, that F2P needs snare. I also think some new robes would help. Some with better defence and magic bonuses that do not require such maintenance. They would help decrease the accuracy of the melee and increase the accuracy of the mage.