World Series of Poker

Tomato

Anyone else watching it? A new series aires Tuesday on ESPN. My favorite player hitherto has been Jean-Robert Bellande. I also like Phil Ivey, though I haven't seen too much of him lately.

edit: Ack! Messed up Ivey's name. :-?

tomato1ry.png

ESPN isn't available here :( I followed the EPT though and it was quite interesting. I usually end up playing poker with my friends once every couple weeks. I won $15 last week. I really liked the idea of a TIF poker tournament though. Even if there arn't any prizes.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

Sorry, but god... I really hate those poker shows. There are like five different ones they show over here, and they're all broadcasted at the same freaking time, on different channels!!

Mildly annoying. -.-

// Azvi.

2009rb9.jpg

Sorry, but god... I really hate those poker shows. There are like five different ones they show over here, and they're all broadcasted at the same freaking time, on different channels!!

Mildly annoying. -.-

// Azvi.

yeah i dont realy see the fun in watching a few guys play poker :shock: ...

same thing over here Azvy, lol. like so many different poker shows.

Well the World Series of Poker was the (or one of the) originals.

I dislike the fad that's going around now, but back when it wasn't a fad I really enjoyed it :) I also like Phil Ivey... but ah... can't think of his name, his first name is "Chris" and his nickname is Jesus I think, he's got a master's degree in statistics and psychology...

summerpngwy6.jpg

I'd find it more interesting if the people's egos didn't obscure my view of the game.

But the egos are what makes the shows amusing. And that's what poker is all about. A bunch of guys sitting around a table thinking they are better than everyone else. :P

My favorite is Ivey as well. Gotta love his headphones. :D

Personally i don't watch much, because i'm pretty sure poker wasn't really designed as a spectator sport :P (heck is it even a sport?..anyway).

It's more fun to play, not with real money but it's just interesting using all the different strategies, and that's the only time i watch it, to get a feel for the game.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

i dont see what everyones problem with it being a fad is. ive been thinking about it, and i cant decide wether its the fact that you can watch it on tv whenever you want, or you can play with whoever you want and take their money because everyone likes to play now, or being able to buy poker chips everywhere and for cheaper. i get sick of people who say something was good but now it stinks because its a fad, fashionable non-conformists piss me off as much as conformists.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

But the egos are what makes the shows amusing. And that's what poker is all about. A bunch of guys sitting around a table thinking they are better than everyone else. :P

My favorite is Ivey as well. Gotta love his headphones. :D

Haha, good point :), I didn't think of that. Yeah, it is sort of fun watching people like that... but I'd still rather see the actual game.

I dislike the fad that's going around now, but back when it wasn't a fad I really enjoyed it :) I also like Phil Ivey... but ah... can't think of his name, his first name is "Chris" and his nickname is Jesus I think, he's got a master's degree in statistics and psychology...

That would be Chris "Jesus" Ferguson. Have you ever seen him slice a banana by throwing cards? Thats just crazy.

That would be Chris "Jesus" Ferguson. Have you ever seen him slice a banana by throwing cards? Thats just crazy.

Now this i have to see :D

Do you have any links to videos of him doing it?

Edit: Just did a google on it, there are some cool things you can do with cards if you have alot of spare time :D

seph54646lrlr.jpg

I was glad when Lee won the 05 WSOP. JR was being an * the entire time, especially to Lee, so it was great when Lee took him out.

Aye, but that was only one event. There are still many more to go. It is a Series, after all. ;)

tomato1ry.png

I was glad when Lee won the 05 WSOP. JR was being an * the entire time, especially to Lee, so it was great when Lee took him out.

Aye, but that was only one event. There are still many more to go. It is a Series, after all. ;)

you know what I mean...