I want to learn to use Blender 3D. [See first post]

dsavi

And I think that some other people around here have expressed the desire to do so too.

I'm wondering if there's anyone out there that wants to start learning 3D mesh modeling/animation/texturing/lighting etc. with Blender seriously enough that we could sort of learn together? It's pretty annoying being the only one I know that's doing it. I have a server, if enough people are interested I could set up a forum where we could exchange ideas, tips, tricks, tutorials, give C/C etc. or then I could arrange a forum another way or just use a chat. (Thing with that is that we would have to be online at the same time... Such a pain. Forums are a lot easier to maintain, and solve the timezone problem to a long extent.) Also if there's anyone that isn't as n00by at blender or another 3D program out there as I am, would be great if you would join too. The reason I don't want to just join another forum is because I don't know anyone anywhere else and that takes a large deal of the fun out of doing it, especially when you're one of the few real beginners, and everyone else is animating high poly scenes and using words you don't understand, if you get what I'm saying. :P

I'm hoping for at least 5 people, but of course the more the merrier.

People who are interested: (Say if you're not, I'm just guessing from your posts)

Me

Pat

pryo?

Uno?

rangeor

Skull

N0M

Kaphias

Pomar

Hawk

Venomai

Surfa

Ipkjoo

Shiny

I'll see what I can do about a forum or chat or something.

C2b6gs7.png

I forgot to dispel the myth that Blender is difficult to use. Once you get the basics, it all clicks and you begin to see the logic behind the more advanced stuff.

And I would learn 3DSM but I arr short on funds, and don't want to... acquire it because I have parents that notice if I suddenly have a 5,000 $ program. Sometimes it sucks having a more than computer-literate dad (He's a programmer and has done a large deal of 3D modeling, or rather engineering himself)

C2b6gs7.png

Yeah I would be happy to learn too, my bro is an award winning artist in it, but hey "who wants to teach siblings".

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

You could 'acquire' a new computer, then 'acquire' studio max?

Last time I checked you couldn't torrent a Dell.

Rofl

Nice one pyro

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

Blender Is Free(http://www.blender.org/) It has a Game Engine, Animation Engine, and well a 3D Engine. The Organization is based in the Netherlands. They have made at least 1 Game, 2 movies, and a gazillion models.

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

Man this thread sparked.... we need someone who knows how to use it to make some tuts. :lol:

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

Blender and AC3D are the two most used 3D design application for the flight simulator that I play, X-Plane. Blender is said to be much, much harder to learn, but once you get good at it, it is much faster and can do more things. One of the tutorials linked on our forum is this one. It may be a good place for any one to start.

And a note to all- if you find Blender fun and also like aircraft, consider joining the X-Plane community... once you get good with Blender you can easily make a good bit of money from selling your aircraft. ;)

If you'd like to make a forum that'd be awesome, I'm very busy this time of year but I'd love to pop in later to get help/share some tips.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I've got it and I've fiddled with it some... But I really don't understand it much. I really should learn how to use it though. The only issue is that it's on the other computer which doesn't have internet access on it... It's on this computer but because my dad's stupid it got installed in only his login so nothing works on mine.

Blender is just pure awsomness if you know how to use it :) Here is another site I used to learn Bledner (this site tells all about it, but you have to search):

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

[EDIT]

Blenders is cool, but with Oblivion or Morriwind, its much better :P I added jedi to Morrowind xD

mysig2.png

----TheLair Game!----

"Game isn't dead... You wish!"

Would anyone be interested in weekly(ish) 3D challenges focused on learning Blender/3dsMax? We could try to cover a range of topics, such as high- and low-poly box modeling, UV and normal mapping, rigging and animation, lighting, etc.

I wouldn't mind extending that idea to also include some basic game programming guides and challenges, such as with JMonkeyEngine (Java), Papervision3D (ActionScript) or OGRE (C++/Python).

Is it free(or mostly free) to use? 3D modeling looks fun, but I don't really have much money to spend on graphics programs at the moment.

You can't get any more free than GPL licensed.

Davedes: Sounds good, although we'll have to start out slow :P

Can all who would like to at least try this out say if they'd like to or not? Cool that so many are interested.

C2b6gs7.png

Is it free(or mostly free) to use? 3D modeling looks fun, but I don't really have much money to spend on graphics programs at the moment.

You can't get any more free than GPL licensed.

Davedes: Sounds good, although we'll have to start out slow :P

Can all who would like to at least try this out say if they'd like to or not? Cool that so many are interested.

I'm in for it.

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

I've got a list up on the first post of people who want to join some sort of forum/chat/learning experience. :P Please say if you want to be with and haven't been mentioned or haven't posted, or then if you don't want to be on the list please tell me too.

C2b6gs7.png