I have: Green phat, I want: Divine spirit shield, but how?

Riptide Mage

Before the GE I understood the economy of RS quite well, was able to make 400m in a month merchanting natures at one point, so back then I bought a green phat for 175mil or so, bought up some skills and so on. But now I want to sell that same green phat and I want to buy a divine spirit shield, but I don't understand the whole "junk trading" thing or even how to sell/buy high priced items any more. If somebody could explain how the economy works now / how I might be able to sell/buy the items I want to, I'ld be thankful.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Junk trading works by adding "junk", or things no one wants to buy but they have a high value on the ge, to a trade. Take d claws for example. Right now they are around 26mil on the ge, but people are willing to pay more then double that. So if you were selling them you would add this junk to the trade so you could get the 50mil or more in cash, and you sell off your claws and junk.

As for your shield, the street price on it is in the hundreds of millions so unless you have that much, or your paying with lots of 3rd age its almost impossible to buy. The reason you would have to pay with 3rd age is because most 3rd age items street price are in the hundreds of millions.

Party hats are almost considered junk these days. Very few people are buying them and if you even are able to sell it, you will most likely only get the lowest price on the ge for it.

Edit: If your having a very hard time selling it, if you were to get some 3rd age or dragon claws, both of which are in very high demand and have a higher street price then ge price. You could sell your phat with those, so your more likely to get an offer. Although it would be hard and a bit stupid to buy those, then just sell them back with your phat.

jpegsigtest.jpg

How does that make any sense? 103mil for phat + 30mil for *lots of some item* = 133 mil, which is the same cost of buying the phat and *some item* separately for 103 and 30, so how does anyone benefit from this?

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

You benefit by selling off an otherwise unsellable item. For example lets say you got 99 fletching and had 100k maple bows (u). There is no market for them. They have value, but no one will ever (or at least for the most part) buy them. So if you were selling your d claws, its an incentive for that person to buy those bows, because they are willing to pay for more the claws. So in the end its like you sold the claws for more money.

The thing with the "junk" like i said above is that no one in their right mind would buy it. Like if you had 20mil buckets or something. Also the point is too sell off junk that you got from doing something else like skilling. Not to just earn the junk in the first place.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Well, first of all, gl getting a 1.4b street price shield for a phat thats rarely wanted :\

And Divine Spirit Shield is only that high because its gauranteed damage reduction for prayer... some people I guess think its worth it... idk why. 1.4b for that shield is probably because its sooooo rare.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Well, first of all, gl getting a 1.4b street price shield for a phat thats rarely wanted :\

And Divine Spirit Shield is only that high because its gauranteed damage reduction for prayer... some people I guess think its worth it... idk why. 1.4b for that shield is probably because its sooooo rare.

Yeah it's that and most of them are owned by merchants, so unless large amounts of them start coming in the prices will stay there for a while :(

jpegsigtest.jpg

You benefit by selling off an otherwise unsellable item. For example lets say you got 99 fletching and had 100k maple bows (u). There is no market for them. They have value, but no one will ever (or at least for the most part) buy them. So if you were selling your d claws, its an incentive for that person to buy those bows, because they are willing to pay for more the claws. So in the end its like you sold the claws for more money.

The thing with the "junk" like i said above is that no one in their right mind would buy it. Like if you had 20mil buckets or something. Also the point is too sell off junk that you got from doing something else like skilling. Not to just earn the junk in the first place.

Exactly.

So your trade screen will include: Party Hat, and junk.

The other screen will include: Coins.

The party hat alone will limit how much the other player can pay you because of the trade limit. So to bypass the limit, you include junk. Which allows the other person to supply more gold.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

I'm not saying I want to trade one for the other, I want to sell the phat and buy the shield, not trade the phat for the sheild. I have plenty of gp, I just want to know how to actually buy/sell the items now that the economy seems to revolve around this whole "junk trading" idea.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

I'm not saying I want to trade one for the other, I want to sell the phat and buy the shield, not trade the phat for the sheild. I have plenty of gp, I just want to know how to actually buy/sell the items now that the economy seems to revolve around this whole "junk trading" idea.

Ok then, well your going to have to start off by buying dragon claws and 3rd age items, so once you have enough you can trade those for your shield.

I suggest staying around world 2 and the forums looking at what they are going for so you can get the hang of the new market.

jpegsigtest.jpg

When you sell phat you will get lots of junk, around 30-50m worth.

If i were you i would buy a AGS and get rid of it lendinf 200k/hr :thumbsup:

Okay, thats more the kind of answer I was looking for. So would the trades be something like:

green phat = 70 mil gp + 30 mil in "junk"

and

1.3 bil gp = divine shield + *idk what mil* worth of "junk"

?

I suggest staying around world 2 and the forums looking at what they are going for so you can get the hang of the new market.

thats hard since I've got a BS perm mute

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

When you sell phat you will get lots of junk, around 30-50m worth.

If i were you i would buy a AGS and get rid of it lendinf 200k/hr :thumbsup:

Okay, thats more the kind of answer I was looking for. So would the trades be something like:

green phat = 70 mil gp + 30 mil in "junk"

and

1.3 bil gp = divine shield + *idk what mil* worth of "junk"

?

Yes, basically. Although the divine one might look more like this

full 3rd age melee+3rd age ammy+d claws+acaine spirit shield = divine + 50mil in junk

jpegsigtest.jpg

thats hard since I've got a BS perm mute

Quickchat?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Really, just find a day when you have nothing to do, sit at the GE fletching or something, and wait for a price update. As soon as it updates (if green p hat prices drop that day), put the green p hat on the GE for minimum. It will probably sell by the next price drop. If that doesn't work, downgrade the green to a yellow or purple, which sells much more commonly on the ge.

[hide=Proof that Partyhats DO sell on the ge]sellphatra3.png[/hide]

For the shield, you can either try to get lucky straight up with the ge, or you can get early offers in on 3a and d claws.

lalalasig2.png