-Your early days of runescape-

tard53

I thought I was brilliant because of my brilliant money making scheme. I would start in Varrock, mine half a load of copper and half a load of tin, run to Lumbridge and smelt it, run to Varrock and make the best bronze armor I could, and then sell what I made to the general store. Pocketed about 700 gp a trip.

First days as a member were great too. I became one at level 23 and was fascinated on the high levels roaming around. I didn't see a single player around my level until the second day. The player I found walked me through crafting training(up to 10) and walked me to Seer's Village from Barbarian Village to teach me the art of bow strings. I couldn't believe how fast the money came, I had a million in a couple of days.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my first encounters with RuneScape was with banks. I found the bank in Draynor, and didn't know you could store items in a bank in one place and withdraw them from another branch :oops:

Exactly like me.

+1

i used to mine a lot of copper and tine ore in varrock, and stored it in the lumbridge bank because I made it into bronze. So when i had a lot of bronze bars, i would withdraw some bars from the bank in lumbridge and run all the way to varrock, smithed it, ran back and repeated. One time i wondered why i didnt just keep the stuff in the bank at varrock then i saw that all of my stuff was there. I thought that the stuff in there was a duplicate of in the other bank. So i withdrawed it all, ran to lumbridge bank and checked and the stuff was gone.

One of my most valuable lessons in life: banks are confusing :-#

ah... the good old days. I remember going to fally and thinking where the f am i? lol. I died from a lady back in the day... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I 1 hit Chuck Norris with MY BARE HANDS!

98% of rs players have attempted a scam. If your one of the 2% who havent, copy this into your sig..

hi guyes!

I remember finally finding myself in Varrock... oh what joy that was! Then, I was off searching for new and undiscovered lands... I ended up coming up to a bridge crossing a river - Barbarians!

As I was walking up into the entrance, from Varrock, the woman attacked me! I was so scared and was thinking "Why is that player attacking me?! What've I done to her?!" :lol:

libertherme.png

My best friend at the time told me all about Runescape, and I went to his house one day so he could help me make an account. We were 11, I believe. He was Madmaster220, so we tried to think of a cool name for me. He came up with [edited]! To this day, it's still a badass name.

He told me to be a non player killer, and to be a miner so I could make money. From then up until members was released, I spent half my time mining, and half my time wandering around doing nothing. Runescape was this fantasy world, so I got really caught up in "adventuring." Unfortunately, that also meant that I wasn't training! Ha! I should also mention that I had no idea that there were holiday events, and I didn't read the front page.

When members was released, I took upon myself to travel from Falador to Ardougne everyday, trekking across White Wolf Mountain, which was the scariest place in the game, at the time. :D I have no idea why I did that. I remember finding the mine over by Taverly dungeon, and that became my new mining spot. That's also where I saw the highest level player I had ever seen. L6vi, who was about 112(ish?) at the time. Maybe 114. It was three digits.

EDIT: DUELING! I used to love sitting in Lumbridge watching the duels. Players in full rune with dragon weapons were amazing to me. I think everyone used dueling as a quick way to get to Lumbridge. :lol:

When RS2 Beta was released, I spent a lot of my time walking around it for no particular reason. I just thought it was amazing that Runescape could look like that. As soon as Runescape 2 was released, I made the switch. Never looked back. I regret that now.

I believe I did Rune Mysteries, then I took a very long break. I came back two years later and decided that I want to be able to wear black d'hide. I mined 1,000 iron ore and 2,000 coal. I fletched 15,000 arrow shafts, and I hired noobs to collect 15,000 feathers for me. I made my 15k steel arrows and ranged for two months from level 36 to 70. Then I discovered Slayer.

The rest is history, I suppose.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Back in rsc, I made account which name has long been forgotten :( Anyways, my good friend from school gave me full iron and iron 2h, I felt invincible. The feeling quickly faded out, I tried to kill those lvl 23 bears near lumbridge :(

After struggling way or another, I made this, It Is Girl account into rs2 beta, and felt in love to it. All my friends taught it was lousy update.

However, when rs2 finally came out, I officially started this character's way to glory!

dragonfhpcape,It%20is%20girl.gif

i remember on my first every day of runescape trying to do ernest the chicken and i remembered how to do the doors in the basement to get the watering can and made 850gp showing people.

I then woodcut till about level 51 on willows near lumby (not draynor "DOH") took forever and i sold all logs to general store.

And basically decided to get members so i could cut maple logs! and i found where they were using Tip.it!

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

I suppose i had two early days, i guess when i joined as a F2P and then 6 months later as a P2P.

My F2P days:- would be when i spent 2 months gettin 20 smithing and selling my wares for a (what i thought then was a) huge profit,

MY P2P days:- would be spending weeks cutting normal trees fletching them into arrows and attaching feathers and making 2000 iron arrow heads only to realise my fletching level wasnt high enough -.-

[hide=Stats & Goals]

teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

[/hide]

Feel Free To Add Me In Game I Love Talking To Anyone| Void Knight Justicar

99s In Order of Achievement: Fletching, Strength, Cooking]

Post some of your first encounters with the wonderful game known as runescape.

Hello Friend,

My first runescape time, I help from friend. He show me way to Karamja, and lead me to red beast in volcano. He show me special trick to teleport back to Lumbridge, by fighting red monster. You should try yourself one moment.

Good Luck Bro.

Ranked #1 Farming in India.

Baby I Just Here to Spread the Love.

Me and my friend had a fight in the wilderness when we were were level 30s on the basis we could give back what we won, it was a tight fight and when we both had about a third health remaining a level 20 archer turned up and killed us both, I didn't play for months after that as I had spent everything I had on the mixture of addy and mith I lost. :wall:

I haven't played for like 3 years, but I remember how amazed I was in the beginning with everything I could do: make fires, cut trees, fight, cook, mine, make weapons and armor... I had never played a MMORPG before :lol: I still think it's one of the best online games ever made, and the only thing it's missing is... graphics. Java is good, but a Runescape in DVD version with DirectX graphics, now THAT would be awesome!

I think I'll play some Runescape tomorrow, to remember the old times... Let's see if there's anyone in my friends list still online :lol:

Every path you have trod, through wilderness and through war, has led to this road...

I started around april 2001. Barely anyone high levelled in that time. I remember my friend being good (or so I though) because he could kill 2 Varrock guards in a row. Later he got me killed by the scorpions in Al Kharid. Back then, you had to fight 3 rounds before you could run, so I got killed and lost all my stuff (a few bronze items).

Another time someone gave me a coal ore, and told me I should sell it for a massive 100gp (the coal price in that time). I refused to believe him because in my opinion that was just too much.

I also remember the days when banks were introduced, when the wilderness was introduced. I used to lure noobs to a giant somewhere in the wilderness, which got them killed. I had some fun with my friends back then.

Oh, and I remember spamming the F word all around Runescape. There was no filter back then. People told me you could get banned if Jagex saw you swearing, so I immediately stopped doing it. (I was 13 back in the days)

I hated that 3 round crap.

I started in Sept 01, and spent most of the time dying to lvl 9 men. And trying to scam with Alt f4. :(

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

When I was new to RS I thought it was just another short online game. As I saw all the quests and skills I started to reliase that so wasn't the case. I then decided to go and kill goblins so I would easily get 99 in all combat skills, before I trained the rest of the skills up. It took me about one week before I found out there was a world outside Lumbridge :P

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Back when I was a noob, sometime in late 2002 I remember not doing much, I would basically wonder around between Lumbridge and Varrock, not even knowing that Falador, or anything else existed. I used to hang out in the goblin hut and collect iron daggers to sell while killing goblins. One day I was near the farm and someone gave me a Strength amulet, Mithril square (which I couldn't wield yet), and a little bit of money, I felt so super rich, those where the days :roll:. Talked about RS at school a bit with my friends, was totally jealous my friend had a power amulet (around 10k at the time). I didn't train many skills up, didn't know where to or how, until my friend introduced me to Falador, it seemed to have everything I needed close by, so I didn't leave for a long time, and thats when the game started to open up for me, and I started to lose my noobishness =p.