-Your early days of runescape-

tard53

I made Kurinin742 in August '05 and I still remember my first week. I killed chickens, buried the bones and sold the feathers to Port Sarim fishing store. I got about 200 gp that way and I bought a steel dagger from Varrock swordshop. I thought it's like the best weapon of RuneScape. And when I got 11 HP I was like "What? You can train HP too?"

I also remember making making airs and minds and Fire Striking lessers in Karamja Volcano. I got to about 30-35 mage in F2P that way. And from 43 to 50 in two days was so fun, I bought 5k airs and 2.5k minds in Port Sarim rune store (10 at a time of course) and fire striked lessers under Karamja Volcano. I also got from, like, from 24 to 34 slayer during that single task... That was the day clan chats were introduced. I spent over an hour trying to figure out how to speak in a clan chat etc. So fun, so fun.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started with RuneScape, I was only 10 years old ( #-o).

So I began with wondering why I couldn't wear that [bleep] Goblin Mail!

Then I did some mining, I smithed 1K Bronze Bars, smithed them into bronze platebody's and sold them in the Armour Shop in Varrock.

When I had 10k, I thought like 'omfg, I'm so rich!'...

Slowly I started to earn more money, and when I had 100k and I was lvl 60 I became Member. <3:

Joskeuhtje1.png

I don't know when I started exactly, but I remember reading the introduction news of barrows (my first update) and thinking "Who cares? Nobody could wear that..." (I wasn't well informed of other player's levels back then, and I was f2p level 5).

Also, I spent a week in Al Kharid, earning gold for a steel scimitar. Not mining, but killing men... because when I was introduced to RS, I was told: "The wilderness is north, don't go there!" So I walked north from Lumbridge, and suddenly someone firestrikes me! (or rather, the goblin in my spot). That scared the hell out of me... and I didn't dare leave Al Kharid...

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

When I started with RuneScape, I was only 10 years old ( #-o).

So I began with wondering why I couldn't wear that [bleep] Goblin Mail!

Lol, when I started, you actually could wear it. I quit after a while and when I started playing again, Jagex had changed it. I tried to wear a goblin mail, and it wouldn't work. So I was all like Z0MFG, I HAS BEEN HAXED.

Lol, good days.

I was wandering down to the Al Kharid desert and I think it was the scorpions that attacked me. Luckily I had someone to cover my back and he did the "Fear" spell to save me. This inspired me to train my evil magic as it seemed so powerful. I never got to that high evil magic lvl, though. Golden times. This was early 2001. (The Fear spell was removed very quickly as it was possible to do all kinds of unfair things with it.)

I remember I used to kill goblins, then after I got ~125gp, I'd run to varrock (no lumby bank), sell all other items I got to the general store (bronze sq was like 56gp ea, that was a big drop for me :lol: ), then bank and repeat. I guess I was afraid to die and lose it all if I died somehow.. :?.

Theres also the obvious way everyone felt about the wilderness at first. Scared to even be close to it. I remember some person bringing me to a furnace when I was lost. Every second I wasn't at that furnace I feared for my life that he'd bring me to the wilderness and kill me... :lol:

First death was in the wilderness... I was level 24 (melee gear). Saw someone sitting around who was level 23. Guess what. That day I learned 1 level doesn't mean much.... Well that and mage totally DESTROYS melee at that level.... :wall:

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

lol.....I remember tryign to kill Eldvarg and I was like ZOMG A DRAGON! Then I killed it thought without dying and I was like yeaaaah! I can do eeeet. Then I went into the wild after some real green dragons and got nuked lol

The first time I died, though, I was lured into the blurite mine by some guy who told me he'd show me where to make good money. Checked the map and ran back to the mine after I died (I was angry at him so I figured I'd find him - didn't know about the private chat back then - because he "haha noob!" when I died) and when I got there he was killed! I stole his rune scimmy off the ground and ran out of the mine so fast, I was only like 10 combat and almost died getting out.

Of course, I sold it for 10k and thought I was rich. This was back when they were selling closer to 30k in world 1, well before the equal trade bit they added and the G E.

v178InvestmentBlog.jpg

I remember when i first got teleported from Tutorial Island some guy asked me if i had runes, i traded him and he gave me like 1k, i thought i was rich! I didn't spend that money for the longest time. I spent most of my early time mining and making my own armor and such. I remember i thought i was hot [cabbage] when ever i had smithed and was wearing my own full iron. lol My first death was those damn scorpions in the Al Kahrid mine.

cool_sig1.jpg

dieing to the dark wizards and losing my awesome 3k i had got from someone buying my cowhides for a huge 30gp each!

going into the wilderness and getting suprised when i was attacked by a high level monster called "pk145234" :lol:

spending hours on quests becuase i didnt know which way east was becuase i didnt notice the compass :wall:

buying silk from al karid and selling to cloths store :D

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I remember killing hundreds of men in al-kharid for 1k gp so I could buy a Mith Scimmy at the scimitar shop there :) Then the great depression when someone told me they could turn it into a "fire scimitar" and scammed it from me :cry: Then I also remember reading my first newspost (about a year after I started probably, lol), about Eadgar Ruse :D

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

One of my earliest memories is getting lost in the woods behind Lumbridge, my friend PMed me asking where I was because she said she would come and get me, (I knew her in RL) and all I could say was there was a lot of trees. No home teleport back then, she ended up just guessing it was near Lumbridge. I can also remember me and a random girl I had met being helped out by this guy and he tried to show us how to make money by mining in Alkarid but once we got there we got attacked and ran away thinking he was trying to kill us, but he wasn't, he was just being friendly. Us three played together for a while, but I am the last one standing.

Lumbridge seemed as big as a continent and I could never get out of it.

When I did go to Varrock however, I got lost usually around Anruby's shop area.

I never had more than 1k coins before so naturally, I never knew how they looked like and assumed that all coins were the exact same look at 600+gp. When someone offered to give me 1.2k (I always remember that), I was shocked and scolded him for trying to "scam" me. (I never knew how 1k gold looked like)

Farmers were the ultimate boss creatures at lvl 7 for me back then.

First death caused by a scorpion.

Worked for like 1 month just to get full iron.

*Sigh* I remember back then, everyone had to work had to earn their cash. Nowadays there's [bleep] like jobs and free tutorials etc. Scapers nowadays are spoilt and born with a golden spoon in their mouth.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

After tutorial island I spent most of my time mining and saving up for some bronze then I got it and got scammed cause the guy told me he could trim my bronze. :( then I got stuck in the maze and didn't know how to get out and quit :lol:

Oh man, the good ol' days. It was back in 2004, and my friend showed me this crazy game called Runescape. Actually, I made my first account in like 2001 but I couldn't get past the tutorial. :( Anyways, I remember having so much fun when I first started. I remember finding a big pile of st0ffs including an Adamant Pickaxe, which I kept for at least 2 years. I also remember making my first 100k from mining coal for 3 days straight.

Alex_Lei1993.png

lol, i remember when I started in 04/05 (not sure which), i got lost running around falador outside wall. I kept seeing the gem store and I coulnt figure out how to enter the castle walls.

I also quit for a year because I lost full addy and frog hat when som1 told me if I got zammy wine, they would buy for 10k.

~Agent

2eed07l.png

Tip.It's Official Undercover Agent

lol I remember....I started I think in 2004...I actually had an account waaaay back, it might have even been RS Classic. Anyways....

I remember I made my first mill back a while before all these new fun-killing updates. Used to buy death runes for 150 each by world hopping and then run over across varrock to the west bank where I'd sell em for 300 ea...150 profit for each one lol it was ridiculous, and since deaths were always sold out at that time because the store stock was limited it made it a prime zone for merchanting.

I wish they hadn't gotten rid of the wild, it was so much fun. Plus even on P2P the drops are ridiculously low for kills.

v178InvestmentBlog.jpg

hmmm, first thing i did on runescape.... got 25 mage and 30 rc. then killed the demon in the wizzy tower in the hope af a rune med (a massive 10k!!!). Such good times.... Loose moderaters, no suck up noobs, no trade limit, luring to your hearts content *sigh*.... Bring it back!!! :lol:

Malcazaar.png

My first death was from a cow in Lumbridge.

I spent about 5 minutes looking for a log out button (the button was cut off by the scroll bar)

I thought if I logged out, I would have to start over again, so I was hesitant about loosing the 35gp I got from killing goblins.

I was really frustrated that I couldn't wear my newly acquired goblin mail.

I didn't know about the different attack styles so I was frustrated that I couldn't wear new armor and was confused about how to train defense.

Getting from Lumbridge to Varrock was a big deal.

I thought I was awesome when I "discovered" the free entrance Al Kharid. Then I saved up to buy the legendary mithril scimitar.

I was really proud of my full iron, which I lost trying to take the wine of Zamorack.

I thought the low alchemy spell would literally turn your items gold. Boy was I disappointed.

When slayer came out I was 'bout level 65 F2P and I actually spent about 10 minutes looking for a slayer master (I saw the icon, but there was no Vannaka) so I checked the news again and discovered that it was members only. I felt stupid.

I remeber walking around for a while, before ending up in Draynor, and wondering "Wow, Lumbridge looks diffrent."

(Dind't acually find my way back to lumbridge for weeks afterwards) ;)

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

The good old days (hasn't even been a year for me im so noob :? )

walking around killing goblins and running from highwaymen

paying the ridiculous 10 gp :shock: to get into al karid

and a little pic of me 3 iteming elvarg

[hide=]2uggl53.png ^ so pro[/hide]

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

I remember creating my account in 2003 after the bunny ear Easter drop because my friends had showed me the game like the day after Easter or something and I really wanted them so about a week later I created my account Stevepole. The first thing I did was go to Varrock to meet my friend but died to a man or thug or something in south Varrock. I probably spent like what seemed like 5 hours trying to find Varrock again. I ended up in Rimmington before I could figure out I was going in the wrong direction. Eventually I found my way back to Lumbridge then back up to Varrock to meet my friend who gave me a full set of iron or something.

tFtfA.jpg

I started a few weeks before the mask drop.. I picked up a few and sold them for 1k each! #-o I thought I was rich after that haha..

Then i decided to make myself a pker. I got to 68 strength training only on dwarves :wall:

L0wer_cla55.png