Classic games remade?

Princess Viola

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

None because when companies remake games they always add in stuff and just ruin the games. If it is classic enough for me that i'd like to see it remade, then I don't want it to be ruined.

That being said I think if they remade chrono cross they could make it a lot better.

None because when companies remake games they always add in stuff and just ruin the games. If it is classic enough for me that i'd like to see it remade, then I don't want it to be ruined.

That being said I think if they remade chrono cross they could make it a lot better.

Not always. Look at SF2THDR

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

This wouldn't exactly be a remake, but it'd be quite nice if some of the older source games were modified to use newer versions of the engine.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I can't think if any games I'd like to see get remade, maybe Magic School Bus? I dunno. I'd probably enjoy seeing the original Metal Gear games remade and available through the playstation network or the first Metal Gear Solid game downloadable through the PSN.

tFtfA.jpg

This wouldn't exactly be a remake, but it'd be quite nice if some of the older source games were modified to use newer versions of the engine.

Black Mesa Source is a pretty promissing "remake" of Half life 1. It's going in a more cinematic direction than the original so should be a fun game.

Black Mesa Source is a pretty promissing "remake" of Half life 1. It's going in a more cinematic direction than the original so should be a fun game.

I've been following that for a while now, looks to be a pretty sweet mod, though different from the original Half-Life. I was mainly thinking of HL2 & CS:S, though I'm doubtful Valve will change them.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Well I'm pretty sure that was remade by a competitive SF player, not an actual company.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Well I'm pretty sure that was remade by a competitive SF player, not an actual company.

It was made by a company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Stre ... o_HD_Remix

tFtfA.jpg

I would like to see a new 3-D remake of Sonic the Hedgehog with better graphics, and it isn't a letdown like the new Sonic games.

Letdown!? Are you serious!? It's a travesty! There's no way in hell you can even think about saying something about the new Sonic games without the words "utterly crap."

Milked way too much, classic Sonic doesn't give kids what they want in real games, so they have to [bleep] up everything.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Personally, I'd like to see Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask remade for the DS. And the original Mario Bros.

Funny, I was just wondering how cool it would be if they remade Majora's Mask. Not necessarily for the DS, but more like a graphical remake with a couple things added.

wl7w9j.png

• 2 weeks later...

As far as Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are concerned, seeing them made for any other console (apart from the collector's edition gamecube version, which has nothing but the buttons changed) would kill the game. Now, if it's only about accessibility of these old games on more modern consoles, I'd go with releasing them for the newer consoles as they did for the Zelda collector's edition. Because I'd rather see it just re released, rather than compromising the original game for people who think grahpics are everything. Now this obviously means stuff like the DS is out of the question, but these games were never MEANT for a hand held device. Doing so would be wrong.

I'm all for making older games accessible, but I'm completely against changing them all up.

signature

It was made by a company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Stre ... o_HD_Remix

It says right there that the lead designer was David Sirlin, a competitive SF player...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Sirlin

jjroxlu7.jpg