Crushing and stabbing weps never used.

quelmotz

Back in the day R2H and rune battleaxes were the best.. then dragon long was the best. now scimmys the best. time to show the short sword some love.

When was the rune 2h sword and rune battleaxe the best? I've been playing since late 06 and the scimmy always seemed predominant over the other weapons.

But yes, I agree with you that it is time to power up shortswords, maces and warhammers. They've been left there collecting dust for too long.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
"crushing weapons never used" Hello Godsword anyone?

Please...does anyone use godswords for crushing when slashing gives a +52 more bonus compared to crush? Hello... :roll:

True, true, but it is a Crushing weapon and Scimitars are techinicaly Stabbing weapons.

This is STUPID. Scimitars are as good as stabbing as a staff used as a melee weapon.

Please use some LOGIC and THINK before you post crap.

I haven't seen too many people use the slash option with dragon dagger.

And that is without doubt the most used speccing weapon.

Specs are out of the question here. You can't depend on specs to kill a well prepared opponent, i.e. not pjing, opponent at full health and pray and has food, etc. (well, usually)

I haven't seen too many people use the slash option with dragon dagger.

And that is without doubt the most used speccing weapon.

Specs are out of the question here. You can't depend on specs to kill a well prepared opponent, i.e. not pjing, opponent at full health and pray and has food, etc. (well, usually)

Everyone relies on specs for the knockout.

And 7 out of 10 times that spec is a DDS.

Zerker_jane.png

What I'm saying is that special attacks usually have quite a large boost in power so the stat differences (of the armor) doesn't really matter much. Heck, plate armor gives such a negligible difference in stat bonuses between stab/slash/crush.

consider it a bump sacrifice... a bump to stop bumping :lol:

but if you want a solution... crush and stab weapons are used *less* but there is no doubt they are used fairly frequently.

dds? stabbing weapon. dmace? crush weapon(but you can stab with it too :thumbup: ) veracs flail? same as mace. battleaxes can be used to crush, and idk about other armors but for rune at least that crush option is better. dlong has a decent stab. what about dharoks greataxe? that has a pretty freakin good crush too. guthans war spear. i would say torags hammer but... yea. vestas spear. statius' warhammer. i could probably find some more but im not that experienced with memmy stuff... as for f2p yea i could see where your coming from you could use crush with 2h or b axe but b axe isnt that commonly used and slash is better overall with 2h. no stabby stuff with f2p.

oh yea and, um, waterfiends? take some of those on with your trusty slashin weapons.

consider it a bump sacrifice... a bump to stop bumping :lol:

but if you want a solution... crush and stab weapons are used *less* but there is no doubt they are used fairly frequently.

dds? stabbing weapon. dmace? crush weapon(but you can stab with it too :thumbup: ) veracs flail? same as mace. battleaxes can be used to crush, and idk about other armors but for rune at least that crush option is better. dlong has a decent stab. what about dharoks greataxe? that has a pretty freakin good crush too. guthans war spear. i would say torags hammer but... yea. vestas spear. statius' warhammer. i could probably find some more but im not that experienced with memmy stuff... as for f2p yea i could see where your coming from you could use crush with 2h or b axe but b axe isnt that commonly used and slash is better overall with 2h. no stabby stuff with f2p.

oh yea and, um, waterfiends? take some of those on with your trusty slashin weapons.

I seriously can't read what you're writing, but I'll try to decipher it as well as I can.

DDS is a spec weapon, and specs ALMOST ignore armor.

Dragon Mace is a crushing weapon, but I THINK its mostly used for specials and prayer bonuses.

Verac's flail is used for the special effect mostly, if I'm not wrong.

Battleaxes CAN be used to crush, but why the hell crush when slash is so much better?

Dragon Longsword has a DECENT stab, but the slash just owns it totally.

Dharok's Greataxe is similar to Battleaxes, right?

Guthan's Warspear used for combat...hmmm..

Torag's hammers are used SO commonly...hmmm..

Vesta's/Statius's stuff are special weapons. How frequently are you going to see someone with that?

The problem with these are that plate armor gives only a negligible decrease in crush defence, so there's no point using crush when slash is just so much better.

Waterfiends have already been mentioned countless times earlier on. And lets just count how many monsters that are better to kill with a slashing weapon than a crushing one, shall we?