Crushing and stabbing weps never used.

quelmotz

Why? Then the best crushing weapon reigns supreme in PVP. Period. Your having a difficult time with the fact that whatever weapon is best will always be used.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we debating this anyway? havent we already established that RS isnt just all about PvP, that stab and crush weapons do INDEED have a use against various npc monsters in the game?

Even in Pvp, it's fun switching things up a little, it's not like you're completely incapable of making kills if you DON'T use a sicmitar.

They indeed have a use against certain npc monsters, but how RARE are they???

And BTW, you can make the weapons equal in dps on a unarmored person, but having different dps on different kinds of armor types.

More proof: How come spears are crap if huge and famous empires like the Romans and Chinese infantry used them as basic weapons?

Ok then lets remove everything better then steel like mithril, adamant, rune, barrows, etc. because it doesnt exist in real life....?

Really games are not the same as real life.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

More proof: How come spears are crap if huge and famous empires like the Romans and Chinese infantry used them as basic weapons?

Ok then lets remove everything better then steel like mithril, adamant, rune, barrows, etc. because it doesnt exist in real life....?

Really games are not the same as real life.

Why doesn't my POKEBALL work on my cat? :cry:

Sara sword isn't common at all in PVP, and its special - to put it lightly - stinks badly. 9 extra damage, with a high miss rate, one time use? No thanks, I'll stick to my extra defence or attack bonuses from a shield and use a dd++ to dish out the KOs.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Speak for yourself. I find both the Dragon Dagger (p++), which is a stabbing weapon, and the Granite Maul, which is a crushing weapon, to be extremely useful in certain scenerios, specifically the reduction of the other player's HP to zero.

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

Speak for yourself. I find both the Dragon Dagger (p++), which is a stabbing weapon, and the Granite Maul, which is a crushing weapon, to be extremely useful in certain scenerios, specifically the reduction of the other player's HP to zero.

Both far less effective then other weapons. Yeah, I can kill people with a bronze two hander. Does that mean it's the best weapon out there?

DeviledEgg24.png

And I'm pretty sure it isn't. What's the average of 2 and 16? Spoiler: 9. Also, that's only if you hit - and you probably won't in PVP. 9 damage ONCE in a fight isn't likely to KO you - 40-40 dd++ specs are. G maul is terrible, and I DON'T see many sara swords. Where do you PVP? I've gotten well over 100 kills, including a DFH and other goodies, and I don't ever recall a successful PKer using a ss, outside of the first few weeks - or even in PK videos for that matter. Your sacrificing almost a quarter of your attack bonus, plus some defence, plus some strength for a potentially 8 higher hit once during a fight.

DeviledEgg24.png

And I'm saying that not only is it weak, NO PKers use it by now. Based on over a hundred hours from when PVP worlds came out to earlier today.

DeviledEgg24.png

Simply responding to "Loads of people use sara swords in PVP, it has a better spec than whip =D. ", in that loads of people DON'T use it in PVP. Making sure you had your facts straight :P

DeviledEgg24.png

So, compfreak, you're actually supporting the fact that slashing weapons (aka ye olde whip and scimitar) are overpowered but you don't believe that they can be changed so stab/slash/crush weapons all have a specific use in certain situations?

Depends which arguement your talking about. From a "overpowered vs. underpowered" argument, yes, I believe that the power creep has gone too far and our high end weapons are overpowered. But from the slash vs. stab vs. crush argument, there's only going to be ONE best weapon. That happens to be whip at the moment, and if you make another weapon the best for a certain situation, it's going to be that way period.

DeviledEgg24.png

Waiting to hear the brilliant way to balance them out. Every way has design flaws or is far too complex to be easily programmed.

DeviledEgg24.png

For example, dragons are SOPOSE to be weak to stab, but that makes no real difference dose it.

Actually, it dose. Leaf bladed spear is best for steel\mith, but no one kills them anyway and the few who do range :lol:

DeviledEgg24.png

I sort of meant the weaker dragons -.-.

Zamorakian Spear/Leaf bladed Sword works very well on weaker dragons as well, but if you have a Whip there really is no point in them. Except the Zamorakian Spear, it's better since it's stab is higher than Whip's slash, but using it is a lot ot hassle.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

For example, dragons are SOPOSE to be weak to stab, but that makes no real difference dose it.

Actually, it dose. Leaf bladed spear is best for steel\mith, but no one kills them anyway and the few who do range :lol:

I'd think that's because most higher levels for whom it would be efficient to melee them have them blocked and only train with slayer. Most others are lower level slayers (up to 110) who probably don't know about the LBS, or are lower level visage hunters (my observation tends to show a lot of people around the 70-100 range just there for visages, I could be wrong though)

If you're not on task, meleeing metals isn't too efficient. You don't have the mask boost and still have to use p-pots and antifires. If you're hunting for visages, it'd be best to keep costs down, with just antifires (cheap) and bolts (often cheap, reusable).