Crushing and stabbing weps never used.

quelmotz

I agree that Crush and Stab weapons should have better attack bonuses because that's what your saying. But i don't agree that those type of weapons are never used.

As low level i used:

Dragon dagger (Stab)

Dragon longsword (Slash)

As high level i use:

Abyssal whip (Slash - Monsters)

Dragon longsword (Slash - Duel Arena and PvP?)

Dragon dagger (Stab - Treasure Trails)

Dragon mace (Crush - Duel Arena)

Dragon halberd (Melee safespotting)

Zamorkian spear (Stab/Crush - Waterfiends)

Leaf-bladed sword (Stab - Kurask/Turoths)

But bottom line is:

Abyssal whip (Slash) has best attack bonus for monsters and adding a Rune defender to it makes it very good for many monsters. I don't want to see a high attack bonus stab weapon because Dragon dagger is very accurate for a dagger and great special attack bonus not to mention it can be poisoned. The speed of Dragon dagger is not bad either. Another stab weapon is Leaf-bladed sword, same speed and good accuracy like Abyssal whip just less strength and stab attack bonus.

I want to see a good attack bonus crush weapon that has fairly good speed which is 1 handed.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Crush and Stab weapons should have better attack bonuses because that's what your saying. But i don't agree that those type of weapons are never used.

As low level i used:

Dragon dagger (Stab)

Dragon longsword (Slash)

As high level i use:

But bottom line is:

Abyssal whip (Slash) has best attack bonus for monsters and adding a Rune defender to it makes it very good for many monsters. I don't want to see a high attack bonus stab weapon because Dragon dagger is very accurate for a dagger and great special attack bonus not to mention it can be poisoned. The speed of Dragon dagger is not bad either. Another stab weapon is Leaf-bladed sword, same speed and good accuracy like Abyssal whip just less strength and stab attack bonus.

I want to see a good attack bonus crush weapon that has fairly good speed which is 1 handed.

I take back what I said about crushing and stabbing weapons never used.

Maybe I should change the title to "Crushing and stabbing weapons rarely used".

I'm not a member, so I don't know much about member weapons and whether they are good or not, so I really can't comment on that point.

As low level i used:

Dragon dagger (Stab)

Dragon longsword (Slash)

As high level i use:

But bottom line is:

I'm not a member, so I don't know much about member weapons and whether they are good or not, so I really can't comment on that point.

Rune platebody is supposed to be weak to crush. Now i have tested Rune battleaxe and Rune warhammer with "Crush" on a Rune platebody but it have not been accurate.

Why? To little attack bonus.

As low level i used:

Dragon dagger (Stab)

Dragon longsword (Slash)

As high level i use:

But bottom line is:

Rune platebody is supposed to be weak to crush. Now i have tested Rune battleaxe and Rune warhammer with "Crush" on a Rune platebody but it have not been accurate.

Why? To little attack bonus.

Yes. I could only make theories, but was too lazy to test it out.

Thanks for the data! ::'

I was thinking about this the other day while playing stealing creation. And look at the stat bonuses for the war hammer, dagger, and scimitar. the war hammer there is unstoppable. I personally can't wield c5 weapons yet but c2 war hammer has same crush bonus as a c4 daggers/scimitars slash. I think that's how crushing weapons should have been. (except maybe tweak the massive attack bonuses)

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

I was thinking about this the other day while playing stealing creation. And look at the stat bonuses for the war hammer, dagger, and scimitar. the war hammer there is unstoppable. I personally can't wield c5 weapons yet but c2 war hammer has same crush bonus as a c4 daggers/scimitars slash. I think that's how crushing weapons should have been. (except maybe tweak the massive attack bonuses)

Crushing isn't accurate. The weapons have to be heavy to do damage, so its easier to parry or block (more response time). IMO, the problem mainly lies in the armor. Plate armor only has a slightly lower crush defence than stab/slash. The difference is SO small that crush weapons make not much difference when used on plate.

Oh, this thread, I like.

Crushing isn't accurate. The weapons have to be heavy to do damage, so its easier to parry or block (more response time). IMO, the problem mainly lies in the armor. Plate armor only has a slightly lower crush defence than stab/slash. The difference is SO small that crush weapons make not much difference when used on plate.

But warhammers are also grossly underpowered.

I don't think the page exists anymore, but one of the old official KB pages listed melee weapons' speed and damage. Warhammer was "slow/strong" (scimitar was "fast/medium" and 2H was "slowest/strongest"), which is the same as battle axe, yet the in-game stats differ greatly: 48 wpn str (rune) compared to 64 on the baxe. (Also: longsword was ranked medium/medium, yet rune long has 1 more weapon strength than warhammer.)

I'd like my huge hunk of metal-on-a-stick to do much more damage than it currently does :/

I am a tree.

Oh, this thread, I like.

But warhammers are also grossly underpowered.

I don't think the page exists anymore, but one of the old official KB pages listed melee weapons' speed and damage. Warhammer was "slow/strong" (scimitar was "fast/medium" and 2H was "slowest/strongest"), which is the same as battle axe, yet the in-game stats differ greatly: 48 wpn str (rune) compared to 64 on the baxe. (Also: longsword was ranked medium/medium, yet rune long has 1 more weapon strength than warhammer.)

I'd like my huge hunk of metal-on-a-stick to do much more damage than it currently does :/

I think it was in the RS Handbook. One of my RL friends has it, so I briefly glanced through.

And thanks for the support! :thumbsup:

its not true that stab/crush is never used they just rarely used...mostly because noone wants to take advantage of them....only problem is crush/stab weapon dont have enough variety...stab only has sword/dagger/spear to choose from and crush.....mace/hammer/mauls........slash weapons has all kinds.

personally i use:

whip/gs (slash- attack or def training)...

full dh/verac/barrelchest anchor/ ( crush-str training for dh)

d long/d hally/leaf sword ( stab-monster hunting)...

currently the weapons i use on certain monsters-

crush- waterfiends/cockroach soliders/gargoyles/anything else thats weak to it.

stab-corporeal beast/metal dragons/cockroaches< i have a debate on weither crush or stab should be used/ regular dragons/and anything else that works...

i pretty much tested between whip/dh/ and a leaf sword/d long..and see if any is most effective...use stab/crush for alot of things these are just a few of them

its not true that stab/crush is never used they just rarely used...mostly because noone wants to take advantage of them....only problem is crush/stab weapon dont have enough variety...stab only has sword/dagger/spear to choose from and crush.....mace/hammer/mauls........slash weapons has all kinds.

personally i use:

whip/gs (slash- attack or def training)...

full dh/verac/barrelchest anchor/ ( crush-str training for dh)

d long/d hally/leaf sword ( stab-monster hunting)...

currently the weapons i use on certain monsters-

crush- waterfiends/cockroach soliders/gargoyles/anything else thats weak to it.

stab-corporeal beast/metal dragons/cockroaches< i have a debate on weither crush or stab should be used/ regular dragons/and anything else that works...

i pretty much tested between whip/dh/ and a leaf sword/d long..and see if any is most effective...use stab/crush for alot of things these are just a few of them

I should really edit the freaking title.

There are always exceptions to everything.

You don't have to argue about variety and stuff. The problem lies mainly in the armor. Plate armor is only slightly weaker to crush than stab/slash, so no one gives a [bleep] about the small accuracy bonuses for crush weapons. Stab weapons are just too pathetic to be used, with far better counterparts at just a bit more cost.

How many freaking times do I have to say waterfiends are an exception? I even mentioned it in the OP if I'm not wrong.

You don't have to argue about variety and stuff. The problem lies mainly in the armor. Plate armor is only slightly weaker to crush than stab/slash, so no one gives a [bleep] about the small accuracy bonuses for crush weapons. Stab weapons are just too pathetic to be used, with far better counterparts at just a bit more cost.

How many freaking times do I have to say waterfiends are an exception? I even mentioned it in the OP if I'm not wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------

actually some people uses stab weapons alot (like i do)...and certain situation there was a pretty big diffrence......

i think your argument is toward pvp where a rune warhammer isnt as useful as a rune scimmy against say rune platebody....now i agree with part of it but you didnt have to flame me for actually choosing the stab/crush weapons just because you hate them.

anyway i just agree slightly about the armor....logically since a plate armor wouldbe ALOT more vulerable to pummel attack then cutting/peircing attacks ( this is simple facts based on practice.) i believe jagex should completely revamp the stats on mostly every plate armor in the game. same goes with chain armor.

ex: a rune platebody currently has 80+ stab slash and ranged defence and around 72+ crush defence...now the crush defence should be around 60+ at MAX...that way the warhammer is worth using despite its slower speed compare to scimmy because the accuracy will surpass it greatly ( like it should.).

also warhammers have too small strength bonus...the strength should be comparable to the battle-axe.

also maces are just straight up underpowered. there is a speed vs power ratio on most weapons yet mace failed both situations...a d mace has less stats then d scimmy yet also slower....conclusion? maces should have comparable stats to longsword because they are same speed.

off topic: how did you put a chat box inside another one? like that post you just did

----------------------------------------------------------------

actually some people uses stab weapons alot (like i do)...and certain situation there was a pretty big diffrence......

i think your argument is toward pvp where a rune warhammer isnt as useful as a rune scimmy against say rune platebody....now i agree with part of it but you didnt have to flame me for actually choosing the stab/crush weapons just because you hate them.

anyway i just agree slightly about the armor....logically since a plate armor wouldbe ALOT more vulerable to pummel attack then cutting/peircing attacks ( this is simple facts based on practice.) i believe jagex should completely revamp the stats on mostly every plate armor in the game. same goes with chain armor.

ex: a rune platebody currently has 80+ stab slash and ranged defence and around 72+ crush defence...now the crush defence should be around 60+ at MAX...that way the warhammer is worth using despite its slower speed compare to scimmy because the accuracy will surpass it greatly ( like it should.).

also warhammers have too small strength bonus...the strength should be comparable to the battle-axe.

also maces are just straight up underpowered. there is a speed vs power ratio on most weapons yet mace failed both situations...a d mace has less stats then d scimmy yet also slower....conclusion? maces should have comparable stats to longsword because they are same speed.

off topic: how did you put a chat box inside another one? like that post you just did

On the "quote" thing, at the side of the topic review at the bottom of the page, you should see a button "quote". Press it, and it'll put the whole thing there into a quote box.

I don't hate crushing or stabbing weapons. They are so freaking underpowered. That's what I'm trying to change. To make them viable weapons, both for training and pvp.

You don't have to argue that some crush/stab weapons are useful for training. Most are completely useless and overshadowed by the superior slash weapons. Note: There are some exceptions, like waterfiends, etc etc, but look how many exceptions there are compared to the number of "normal" monsters.

Off topic: Honestly, learn some proper English. Its hard to read what you're saying.