Crushing and stabbing weps never used.

quelmotz

You probably just made up your xp/hr rates on the spot.

No, I did not. I actually recorded my XP rates on a notebook.

If you want, I can do 3 more tests for you.

Ok ok, I give up. You win. Longswords are better than scimitars in select situations, but that is like the extremely rare circumstance involving the mace and rapid heal prayer or saradomin swords at waterfiends.

I'll be adding a supporter's list. I assume you support?

Yes. I support. I want FULLY balanced weapons, not the absurdly overpowered scimitars or the absurdly underpowered warhammers and shortswords.

I can also add armor suggestions if you want. Changing the defence bonus so chainmail is EXACTLY the same as platemail except the stab and crush defences are inverted?

I'll make a post on this in "Suggestions" later.

Good idea, except it isn't historically or logically true, but who cares? I mean, if this game is supposed to be logical, a scimitar wouldn't be as fast as a dagger and carrying 100 billion coins in your backpack would make you stronger.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ok, I give up. You win. Longswords are better than scimitars in select situations, but that is like the extremely rare circumstance involving the mace and rapid heal prayer or saradomin swords at waterfiends.

Yes. I support. I want FULLY balanced weapons, not the absurdly overpowered scimitars or the absurdly underpowered warhammers and shortswords.

I can also add armor suggestions if you want. Changing the defence bonus so chainmail is EXACTLY the same as platemail except the stab and crush defences are inverted?

Good idea, except it isn't historically or logically true, but who cares? I mean, if this game is supposed to be logical, a scimitar wouldn't be as fast as a dagger and carrying 100 billion coins in your backpack would make you stronger.

I've already made a suggestion on this, so... yeah. :-#

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I've already made a suggestion on this, so... yeah. :-#

Yeah, and I already commented on it, so...yeah :-#

Yea, i can make up xp rates as well.

Scimitar got me erm, ahh, 22k xp per hour.

Longsword got me erm... 20k xp per hour.

Scimitar got me.... 23k xp per hour.

Longsword got me lets see, 19k xp per hour.

Scimitar got me, hmm whats a believable number... 20k xp per hour.

Longsword got me um, 19k xp per hour.

O.O

I found an old test I did. Had it recorded on a notepad doc. I found it while browsing through my hard drive trying to find an essay my teacher lost (never found it btw, have it do it over...). Anyway:

Using standard gear, at DT skeletons I got anywhere from 2k-3k more xp with a d scimmy than I did with a d long.

When I got bloodvelds as a slayer task, I got roughly 3k more each time.

While the bloodveld number was 1 task, the DT skeleton number is my recording my hourly xp over the course of 86-99 strength. Truth be told, I stopped recording after 95, and the 91-92 level I got using an SS (with I promptly dumped). Point being that the scimitar destroys the longsword for xp.

However, it's worthwhile to note that the OBBY SWORD, a stabbing weapon, is actually the best weapon to train strength, outside of using controlled or during slayer. I have an old hot topic on it, where the Zerker combo got a lot of xp more than the scimitar. I think it was like 7k, but ns.

I found an old test I did. Had it recorded on a notepad doc. I found it while browsing through my hard drive trying to find an essay my teacher lost (never found it btw, have it do it over...). Anyway:

Using standard gear, at DT skeletons I got anywhere from 2k-3k more xp with a d scimmy than I did with a d long.

While the bloodveld number was 1 task, the DT skeleton number is my recording my hourly xp over the course of 86-99 strength. Truth be told, I stopped recording after 95, and the 91-92 level I got using an SS (with I promptly dumped). Point being that the scimitar destroys the longsword for xp.

However, it's worthwhile to note that the OBBY SWORD, a stabbing weapon, is actually the best weapon to train strength, outside of using controlled or during slayer. I have an old hot topic on it, where the Zerker combo got a lot of xp more than the scimitar. I think it was like 7k, but ns.

You think it was 7k more.

Eventually, someone has to question whether it's worth the trouble when you'll jump at every word. Anyway...

Here: have fun with 8 pages of replies on this subject: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=750480&hilit=obby+sword

And a few numbers: viewtopic.php?t=588556

There you go, just for you quel.

Eventually, someone has to question whether it's worth the trouble when you'll jump at every word. Anyway...

Here: have fun with 8 pages of replies on this subject: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=750480&hilit=obby+sword

Not trying to be nitpicky, but its 4k more, not 7k. That proves my right to question your evidence.

Not trying to be nitpicky, but its 4k more, not 7k. That proves my right to question your evidence.

Two things:

1) I never tested Obby sword, I only tested d scimmy v d long. I was lot aware of the obby sword combo at the time.

2) I'm pretty sure I have the right to not completely remember numbers after about a year.

Two things:

1) I never tested Obby sword, I only tested d scimmy v d long. I was lot aware of the obby sword combo at the time.

2) I'm pretty sure I have the right to not completely remember numbers after about a year.

2) I'm pretty sure I have the right to question the CREDIBILITY of your numbers when I have never seen them in my LIFETIME.

My rant is about how useless crushing and stabbing weps are. Except for some monsters, everyone just uses slashing weps. even battleaxes and 2h swords rarely are used.

I wonder why... maybe because they suck?

jagex tried to solve this by making chain weak against stab and plate weak against crush but who ever uses chain????! And slash is effective on BOTH mage and ranged armor. Furthermore, crush weps are too slow to be used effectively and stab weps are just useless *points at dagger* lol.

*points at scim* no they aren't.

Crushing weps should hit very high but are inaccurate and slow(but still effective on plate). Stabbing weps should be fast, with medium accuracy but lowish damage(still effective on chain). Slashing should be medium accuracy, speed and damage(but still effective on cloth and leather)However 2h swords and baxes sacrifice speed and a bit of accuracy for damage.

crushing weps already are

stabbing weps are

slashing weps are, and 2h's and b axes already are.

Change the weapons so their dps is different on different monsters that have different defences against different attack styles (e.g. waterfiends), but for a monster with equal defence against all their attack styles, the dps is the same. (btw dps=damage per second)

already have that. for example, tz-haar can be dealth with with crush style. (i think).

Paragon.png

Two things:

2) I'm pretty sure I have the right to question the CREDIBILITY of your numbers when I have never seen them in my LIFETIME.

You've never seen them so they don't exist? Well, I understand that. Zerker combo isn't a very popular one and I doubt many people know about it, much less the amount of improvement it is.

Yeah, you have the right to be suspicious of evidence. Everyone has, and I never said you don't.

But listen man, when I said "I think it was 7k, but ns", is that evidence? Or is that a summary? My evidence I gave you in two long and proven correct threads. So that's just a little terminology thing, but still, when you said "I have the right to question your evidence", do you mean it that way, or "I have the right to question your summary"?

Two things:

You've never seen them so they don't exist? Well, I understand that. Zerker combo isn't a very popular one and I doubt many people know about it, much less the amount of improvement it is.

Yeah, you have the right to be suspicious of evidence. Everyone has, and I never said you don't.

But listen man, when I said "I think it was 7k, but ns", is that evidence? Or is that a summary? My evidence I gave you in two long and proven correct threads. So that's just a little terminology thing, but still, when you said "I have the right to question your evidence", do you mean it that way, or "I have the right to question your summary"?

Ok, ok you win. But that's just because I'm in a good mood today, or I would have retaliated quite sarcastically.

My rant is about how useless crushing and stabbing weps are. Except for some monsters, everyone just uses slashing weps. even battleaxes and 2h swords rarely are used.

I wonder why... maybe because they suck? Erm... THAT'S THE FREAKING POINT. Seriously, your interpretation skills suck.

jagex tried to solve this by making chain weak against stab and plate weak against crush but who ever uses chain????! And slash is effective on BOTH mage and ranged armor. Furthermore, crush weps are too slow to be used effectively and stab weps are just useless *points at dagger* lol.

*points at scim* no they aren't. What the ... are you talking about?

Crushing weps should hit very high but are inaccurate and slow(but still effective on plate). Stabbing weps should be fast, with medium accuracy but lowish damage(still effective on chain). Slashing should be medium accuracy, speed and damage(but still effective on cloth and leather)However 2h swords and baxes sacrifice speed and a bit of accuracy for damage.

crushing weps already are

stabbing weps are

slashing weps are, and 2h's and b axes already are. Seriously. Crush weapons don't hit high. Stab weapons are AS FAST AS A STUPIDLY OVERPOWERED SCIMITAR. Need I mention how overpowered the scimitar is?

Change the weapons so their dps is different on different monsters that have different defences against different attack styles (e.g. waterfiends), but for a monster with equal defence against all their attack styles, the dps is the same. (btw dps=damage per second)

already have that. for example, tz-haar can be dealth with with crush style. (i think). Another idiot. I never said you can't kill monsters with crush/stab, you'll get minimal exp, waste a lot of food, potions, prayers, basically wasting money and time.

I wonder why... maybe because they suck? Which is WHY they need a boost. Go check my suggestion.

*points at scim* no they aren't. Yes they are. Who uses a scimitar to stab anyway?

crushing weps already are No, crushing weps are too weak for their speed.

stabbing weps are No, stabbing weps are too weak (except for longsword).

slashing weps are, and 2h's and b axes already are. That's the point. Only slash weapons are used now (except in certain places like waterfiends and metal dragons).

already have that. for example, tz-haar can be dealth with with crush style. (i think). Waterfiends are prone to crush, and metal dragons are prone to stab. But that's only two monsters in the entire game. Not significant enough.

*Sigh* another scimitar freak. -.-

Glad to have bought my rune longsword. :-w

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I recall in another thread you wanted to make longsword stronger?

But don't you get more XP/hr from longsword?

1/3 of the time. I don't get why people say "Scimitar always beats longsword" when longsword can take a go at the scimitar as well.

And I only wanted longsword to be stronger because currently no rune weapon is in the "+50's" strength value.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

1/3 of the time. I don't get why people say "Scimitar always beats longsword" when longsword can take a go at the scimitar as well.

And I only wanted longsword to be stronger because currently no rune weapon is in the "+50's" strength value.

Quite pointless reason, but who cares?

Because scimitar always beats longsword, in every situation except metal dragons which are irrelevant to you. Your test results that showed better xp with a longsword were skewed somehow.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: