Crushing and stabbing weps never used.

quelmotz

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you wear a platebody? Sure. Trust me; you'd see alot of hits with a dagger.

Lol? Drag dagger vs. whip? Dagger will be out hit 2 to 1. Trust me, I have more PVP experience then you have overall RS playing time...

By stab, you can use another variety of weapons, i.e obby weapons, and so on, not just dagger can stab.

S1r_eatalot.png

By stab, you can use another variety of weapons, i.e obby weapons, and so on, not just dagger can stab.

And ALL of those are vastly inferior to whip + defender. Your point?

Whips superior in damage per second sure, but for KO's its not that great.

So a dragon dagger has better KOs? Use a second speccing weapon like claws for KOs.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I don't think obby weapons are that bad, specially with a berserker necklace, I hit very well on torsos, platebodies and mostly any other plate, I don't see why whip is a hell lot better?

S1r_eatalot.png

I don't think obby weapons are that bad, specially with a berserker necklace, I hit very well on torsos, platebodies and mostly any other plate, I don't see why whip is a hell lot better?

Because it deals far more damage per minute. It out hits obby roughly 1.7 to 1. As you gain experience you will learn.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Whips superior in damage per second sure, but for KO's its not that great.

So a dragon dagger has better KOs? Use a second speccing weapon like claws for KOs.

Yes, a dragon dagger is better for KOs.

Zerker_jane.png

Yes, a dragon dagger is better for KOs.

That's interesting. I never knew that. Perhaps you could explain why? Obviously we are discussing non specials, specials are a separate issue that have already been discussed as anyone who has followed the thread knows.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drag dagger spec hits 2 times. D claws spec hits 3 times. Period.

Back to topic, I know dragon dagger isnt the only weapon that can stab, but other stabbing weps are also as useless. I don't know about obby weapons but they seem to be quite weak based on their stats.

BTW claws are slashing weapons... see my point?

exactly. Either they make the system more worth it, or thrash the thing totally. I mean, most mage spells would be crushing if there were such things, apart from slayer dart which probably would be stabbing. For range, almost everything would be stabbing, except for throwing axes which would be slashing.

A sword will do lesser damage while slashing compared to a mace against heavily armored opponents. This is because a slashing sword is lighter than a mace, therefore it has lesser momentum because of its weight. Sure, slash owns crush if the opponent is not very prepared with heavy armor since it is faster and does more damage to the body. Stab is usually only for sneaky and fast attacks to vulnerable areas/when opponent is not alert because of its general fast speed.

How rare are those monsters compared to the normal monsters that slash weps are the best for? Like 1:100 or more??? Of course, every weapon has a specific use(except for some crap like maces), but it depends on how common and advantageous that use is.

• 2 weeks later...
More proof: How come spears are crap if huge and famous empires like the Romans and Chinese infantry used them as basic weapons?

:| How did Romans wield shields with their spears OMG WTF HAX.

I LOLed IRL at that

As you can see, warhammers/maces are supposed to be deadly against plate armored opponents whereas swords/battleaxes/other slashing weapons were technically useless against plate armor unless they hit a weak spot. This is totally not present in Runescape, even though the weapons sections in RS says that warhammers are "good" for crushing plated opponents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mace_(club)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_hammer

Yea, an obvious fault.

But armor is not damage reducing, only accuracy reducing, so you CANT make it do additional damage to plate armor compared to scimitar, only make it hit more.

IF you can already hit properly, a warhammer will sadly never have an advantage.

O.O

The problem is plate armor having an extremely minor difference in stats in crush accuracy and slash accuacy. This should change totally. The slash/stab defence should increase greatly and the crush defence should reduce a lot.