Crushing and stabbing weps never used.

quelmotz

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If crush and stab is weak, don't use them. The weapon attacks seem fine to me, and I know stab really fails, but it comes from a shortsword, which is cheaper than a longsword (slash). Cheaper stuff = less effective. Crush attacks are rarely used. B-axe usually used for slash, but that's because the crush is a secondary attack for the B-axe, so it's less effective. So just don't use crush and stab and it won't affect anything. And you can also wear chainbodies without being stabbed to death by someone else since stab weapons are so unpopular ::'

this thread is about making the weps as fair as possible as in lower cost=weaker, higher cost=better,etc. but right now, a rune warhammer that costs 10k more than a scimitar is totally worthless. SO STOP TELLING ME NOT TO USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Avoiding the problem will not solve it.

So what if they are 'fair'? They will never be used if they are worse then a cheaper weapon.
seriously, compfreak, what kind of crap is that?! fair means cheap is weaker and expensive is more powerful. you better get a dictionary of runescape or a brain transplant.

Fair is where a rune warhammer is exactly equal to a whip.

if you dont want to give sensible comments/criticism, get the hell out.

You are making no sense.

1. The price of a weapon depends on 2 things: its usefulness and its rarity. Which means that more rare weapons will be more expensive all other things being equal.

2. The people will ALWAYS use the best weapon for a given situation. If there was a weapon that would be EXACTLY like the whip (same speed, same strength bonus, same rarity, same special), but the other weapon had 1 less attack bonus, the whip would still be used more. You CANNOT make absolutely fair weapons unless you make them exactly the same.

3. About the rune warhammer - it is more expensive because it's more rare - people alch them, and not many are dropped by monsters to begin with. That's why they are more expensive. Refer to point #1.

Game_Proffy.png

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I do believe that a Rune scimitar is more expensive than a Rune warhammer. The rune warhammer is not totally useless, as it does have a fairly high crush attack, the problem is probably because it is slow. The Rune B-axe is also slow and has slightly less bonus than the warhammer, but it has two attacks, and yet no one uses the crush attack. I have no idea why it is so that people use the B-axe more than the warhammer, but though avoiding a problem will not solve it, avoiding it will have it not affect you in any way. And you sound like you actually want to use them, and if you do, go ahead, be one of the few people who like crush weapons and go crack someone's skull in clan wars. ::'

the point is i like to use them, for some reason i dont really know, but then the weps are too weak to be used effectively. So im telling jagex to change them. get it? BTW the last time i checked, rune warhammer was 28k while the scim was 19k.

battleaxe: - 2 + 48 + 43 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 - 1 + 0 + 64 + 0

warhammer: - 4 - 4 + 53 - 4 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 48 + 0

see the str bonus differences of 16? know the answer why now? or do i need to highlight it for you. seriously, why would a heavier weapon cause less damage than a probably slightly lighter one? if u know science well, a heavy wep might be slower but it has more momentum=more force of smashing. so i recommend that the stats be changed to:

baxe:-2 +50 +45 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 -1 +0 +57 +0

warhammer:-4 -3 +47 -4 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0+0+0 +64 +0

in this case, the warhammer will get a large boost in str, but lowered accuracy and slash bonuses.

the baxe will get increased accuracy but slightly lowered str. they would both still be used because their stats are somewhat equal.

do the maths: baxe total stats addup=149

warhammer total stats addup=100

but because baxe has a weaker crush bonus, we'll remove that so it becomes: 104

that makes the weps quite fair as warhmmer is 1 smithing lvl lower than baxe so it should have slightly weaker bonuses.

compared to earlier on: baxe=110 warhammer =89 and that is without the baxe's crush attack bonuses!!

sorry, 8112204, i was damn angry with compfreak's crap just now so i lost my temper. your comments are actually quite reasonable.

game proffy, as you can see from above, their stats are totally different and now it is more fair, but not equal. Equal means they are totally the same but fair means they are similar but still different according to costs/logic.

the point is i like to use them, for some reason i dont really know, but then the weps are too weak to be used effectively. So im telling jagex to change them. get it? BTW the last time i checked, rune warhammer was 28k while the scim was 19k.

battleaxe: - 2 + 48 + 43 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 - 1 + 0 + 64 + 0

warhammer: - 4 - 4 + 53 - 4 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 48 + 0

see the str bonus differences of 16? know the answer why now? or do i need to highlight it for you. seriously, why would a heavier weapon cause less damage than a probably slightly lighter one? if u know science well, a heavy wep might be slower but it has more momentum=more force of smashing. so i recommend that the stats be changed to:

baxe:-2 +50 +45 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 -1 +0 +57 +0

warhammer:-4 -3 +47 -4 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0+0+0 +64 +0

in this case, the warhammer will get a large boost in str, but lowered accuracy and slash bonuses.

the baxe will get increased accuracy but slightly lowered str. they would both still be used because their stats are somewhat equal.

do the maths: baxe total stats addup=149

warhammer total stats addup=100

but because baxe has a weaker crush bonus, we'll remove that so it becomes: 104

that makes the weps quite fair as warhmmer is 1 smithing lvl lower than baxe so it should have slightly weaker bonuses.

compared to earlier on: baxe=110 warhammer =89 and that is without the baxe's crush attack bonuses!!

sorry, 8112204, i was damn angry with compfreak's crap just now so i lost my temper. your comments are actually quite reasonable.

game proffy, as you can see from above, their stats are totally different and now it is more fair, but not equal. Equal means they are totally the same but fair means they are similar but still different according to costs/logic.

You can't just make up some facts and say this is better/worse and needs balancing.

Weapons were made to be different. Some were made to be good, some bad.

Your saying all weapons should be run through a meat grinder so we have 1 weapon.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

You can't just make up some facts and say this is better/worse and needs balancing.

Weapons were made to be different. Some were made to be good, some bad.

Your saying all weapons should be run through a meat grinder so we have 1 weapon.

-Dont talk crap before you find the facts, idiot. those facts were taken from the RS manual so you're the one making up facts.

-I know weapons were supposed to be different, but they should reflect their power based on the cost/lvl to make. They dont, at the moment, as i showed above. You should also look up the dictionary on "fair" and "equal".

-For your third point, dont give crap comments like that.if you want to post crap, go make your own dumb topic and let it get locked. P.S. refer to my second point.

-I know weapons were supposed to be different, but they should reflect their power based on the cost/lvl to make. They dont, at the moment, as i showed above. You should also look up the dictionary on "fair" and "equal".

Who cares? Is ANYONE going to buy a weapon for, say 20k, when a weapon for 30k is 50% faster? No, that's stupid. There can only be one weapon that is the best, and EVERYONE will use that weapon.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Here's an example of something. The stats on all items are almost good...but the stats for every item need to be adjusted SLIGHTLY more to make Stabbing, Crush and Slash work properly. 8 more offensive power from the Rune Warhammer isn't quite worth the loss of the speed.

It should be more like 11 or 12.

34170025qp9.png

It just won't work. There will only be one 'best' weapon - and only that weapon will be used.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

It just won't work. There will only be one 'best' weapon - and only that weapon will be used.

Not if all attack modes would become more important.

Say they make the differences in slash defence and crush defence in plate armour much big. Same goes for dhide etc.

In some situations, a whip would be the best, in other situations, a zamorakian spear would be better.

It would be much cooler if all monsters would be like waterfiends and have one very outspoken weakness and other very outspoken strengths.

Of course, in each class, we would have a best weapon, but it wouldn't be whipwhipwhip like it is now.

Say they make the differences in slash defence and crush defence in plate armour much big. Same goes for dhide etc.

In some situations, a whip would be the best, in other situations, a zamorakian spear would be better.

It would be much cooler if all monsters would be like waterfiends and have one very outspoken weakness and other very outspoken strengths.

Of course, in each class, we would have a best weapon, but it wouldn't be whipwhipwhip like it is now.

So they would introduce a new weapon like a whip, only for stab\crush. Interesting idea, but it's really not that important - the differences in armor are minute, and certainly not worth keeping 3 separate weapons. Then comes the problem of balance - if one of the weapons is much harder to get and thus more expensive, it will never be used. The cheapest one will be used for almost all situations. This would require a rework of the combat system for 3 exactly equal weapons, not a 'beefing up' of a few of the current stab\crush weapons. There can only be one 'best' weapon.

DeviledEgg24.png

So they would introduce a new weapon like a whip, only for stab\crush. Interesting idea, but it's really not that important - the differences in armor are minute, and certainly not worth keeping 3 separate weapons. Then comes the problem of balance - if one of the weapons is much harder to get and thus more expensive, it will never be used. The cheapest one will be used for almost all situations. This would require a rework of the combat system for 3 exactly equal weapons, not a 'beefing up' of a few of the current stab\crush weapons. There can only be one 'best' weapon.

But is there one weapon that is best across all situations?

•  
    The Whip is currently on top. Unfortunately, it can only use Slash, and it can't train strength.

The Saradomin Sword would be next, it's powerful and is the only thing on the list with a useful special, but it's 7m and two handed. Also can't use Stab.

After that would be the Zamorakian Spear. It's cheaper than the whip, can use all styles, but has subpar strength, can only train controlled and defensive, and is two handed.

Then there's the Leaf-Bladed Sword. It's one of the best stabbing weapons, and it's 60k. Problem is, it's fairly weak unless you can use a defender. The saving feature is that a good number of enemies are weak against Stab, and this can go where the Spear can't.

The Dragon Scimitar is another good one. It's a Dragon weapon though, it's on the same level as the Leaf Bladed Sword, and one class below the others mentioned.

The Godsword is the only slow weapon worth adding to this, but it can be anywhere from 20-60m. More a status symbol than anything else.

Unless I'm missing one, those are the weapons that are the most used in everyday combat. They all have weaknesses, so there really is no universal 'best'.

Unless I'm missing one, those are the weapons that are the most used in everyday combat. They all have weaknesses, so there really is no universal 'best'.

Whip = everything but Waterfiends, Corporal beast, Training Strength (Train controlled, training strength alone is dumb)

SS = Training Strength if your one of those people who can't stand to train controlled, waterfiends, otherwise useless

LBS - Good for metal dragons (blacklisted for slayer, otherwise never killed) and Corporal Beast.

Basically, whip covers everything besides 2 monsters in the entire game.

DeviledEgg24.png

All of those are covered by the leaf bladed spear. Whip is better for iron dragons, no one kills turoths\kurasks, few people kill iron\steel dragons, range is better for mithril.

DeviledEgg24.png

^ That is the point of my post. Minus the drop rate and cost bit...

All of those are covered by the leaf bladed spear. Whip is better for iron dragons, no one kills turoths\kurasks, few people kill iron\steel dragons, range is better for mithril.

-Few people killing Iron/Steel dragons is why they are full on most worlds ;) On a Slayer task of any metal dragon, it would be better to use Melee for the Mask/Helm bonus. Also, choosing to use a whip when another weapon attacks a fairly pronounced weakness is fairly inefficient.

- Range is better for Mithril unless you have higher melee stats than range. But then, I've known people who Dharoked them, so what is best is really up to preference :lol:

-To say no one kills Kurasks and Turoths is fairly inacurate. They are assigned as slayer tasks, there are bound to be people who kill them there.

^ That is the point of my post. Minus the drop rate and cost bit...

-Few people killing Iron/Steel dragons is why they are full on most worlds ;) On a Slayer task of any metal dragon, it would be better to use Melee for the Mask/Helm bonus. Also, choosing to use a whip when another weapon attacks a fairly pronounced weakness is fairly inefficient.

- Range is better for Mithril unless you have higher melee stats than range. But then, I've known people who Dharoked them, so what is best is really up to preference :lol:

-To say no one kills Kurasks and Turoths is fairly inacurate. They are assigned as slayer tasks, there are bound to be people who kill them there.

Majority of people killing metal dragons are ranging\maging or just there for a bit of fun with a whip :P

They are only assigned by lower masters, and are usually blacklisted. Plus most people range them.

DeviledEgg24.png

Eh, I'm there now on a Lapalok task. I kill them faster with my leaf sword, but admittedly, my range is a bit on the low side :lol: .

It all comes down to play style in the end, can't really argue over that.

Basically, whip is king for everything but 2-3 rarely-fought monsters, where 2 other weapons narrowly beat it out. :P

DeviledEgg24.png

Then I guess my stance would be that there are Crushing and Stabbing weapons that are good, but rarely used.

They are worse then a whip in essentially every situation, leading to them almost never being used.

DeviledEgg24.png