Crushing and stabbing weps never used.

quelmotz

will you two shut up about using whips in what situations and what situations is whip not good in.

This thread isn't a thread for spamming about the whip's usefulness. It is about upgrading stab/crush weapons. and btw, a local guy, crushing and stabbing weps are almost obsolete except for the said examples above, so they are not at all useful.

I would like to ask you if you ever saw someone with a mace/warhammer in clan wars. No, i bet, unless they were nooby lvl 50s or something. In my whole rs life, ive never saw a person use a mace.(except once when i was trying it on just for fun) Warhammers are more common, but it is still a rare sight.

Lep1423, a speed difference of 2 bars makes a VERY large difference in pvp, in case you didn't know. being more accurate by 8 points isn't going to help the warhammer much. BTW how did you get the "chance of hitting" of the weapons.

compfreak, i don't know what the hell are you talking about one weapon always being the best. As i already EMPHASISED a lot in my post a bit earlier(page 4), two weapons that have the same lvl requirement, but with the same amount of points in different stats, e.g. attack stab, defence stab, strength, etc would be fair in power/usefulness, but not exactly the same.

So if there would be a new weapon that has the same amount of points in the stats as the whip, but added to different things(other than prayer maybe, since points added to prayer are rare), it would give a lot of competition to the whip as long Jagex isn't stupid enough to make it very very hard to obtain, e.g. need a grandmaster quest, cost 100m, etc. Obviously the starting price would go up very high at first, but as soon as things cool down, the price would be about the same as the whip.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I'm missing one, those are the weapons that are the most used in everyday combat. They all have weaknesses, so there really is no universal 'best'.

Whip = everything but Waterfiends, Corporal beast, Training Strength (Train controlled, training strength alone is dumb)

SS = Training Strength if your one of those people who can't stand to train controlled, waterfiends, otherwise useless

LBS - Good for metal dragons (blacklisted for slayer, otherwise never killed) and Corporal Beast.

Basically, whip covers everything besides 2 monsters in the entire game.

True, and it would be much cooler if that changed. Now LBS is only good for metal drags cause only there the difference between slash and stab defence is big enough. I think they should make all the defence differences between different styles much more distinct. I mean, slayer masters tell us things like "fire giants are weak to crush attacks, or whatever", but we don't care cause it doesn't make a difference. Let it make a difference!

In reguards to Mace, since your F2P im not suprised its hardly used, but P2P Clan wars, alot of people will use a Mace and as for Sama Stats as Whip. Close enough we have 2 (TWO) items that do this, 1 cost more then a whip, one costs less, both with a 70 attack req'.

And they Are:

2540_obj_big.gif?id=117302540_obj_big.gif?id=11716

Saradomin Sword Zamorakian Spear

Popoto.~<3

REASON WHY THE WHIP IS STILL OVERPOWERED:

Simple. one handed. twohanded.

Maces suck at almost anything, unless you're talking about the d mace, which i think has a quite decent special or something. other than that, they are useless, utterly, totally useless.

I suppose you guys won't remember, but there was a Pk'er called V A R D I G, and what stood out with him was that he brought 2-4 weapons with him. HE was 63 Attack and a zerker pure, and he used a dragon scimitar as his main weapon, brought both the mace and dagger for specials, depending on the Hp, defence, and armor of his enemy, and a Dragon battle axe, for non-spec KO's.

That is utilizing weapons to their fullest potential.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I suppose you guys won't remember, but there was a Pk'er called V A R D I G, and what stood out with him was that he brought 2-4 weapons with him. HE was 63 Attack and a zerker pure, and he used a dragon scimitar as his main weapon, brought both the mace and dagger for specials, depending on the Hp, defence, and armor of his enemy, and a Dragon battle axe, for non-spec KO's.

HA HA. He probably specced four times with his dds and a smashed him up with a quick last strike of his drag scimmy (as if 4 special attacks doing like 210% damage wasn't enough). he wouldn't need a mace or baxe at ALL.

HA HA. He probably specced four times with his dds and a smashed him up with a quick last strike of his drag scimmy (as if 4 special attacks doing like 210% damage wasn't enough). he wouldn't need a mace or baxe at ALL.

Probably?

No, he used the mace more for specials, and he didn't rush, so no using specs off the bat. The battle axe could hit mid to low 30s, so it was a good ko tool. The Mace better penetrated the Torsos and rune legs of his enemies armor, lead to more accurate hits and a genocide of rune pures.

EDIT: Added vid to show http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7490635484

Picture2-10.png

HA HA. there is so small a difference between the different attack styles that there's no point being crush weps.

Alright, come find me ingame, I'll bring plate armor, you bring a slash weapon and a crush weapon that are relatively equal and we'll see. Or you could be the one to bring armor, it doesn't matter as long as it gets done.

HA HA. there is so small a difference between the different attack styles that there's no point being crush weps.

Alright, come find me ingame, I'll bring plate armor, you bring a slash weapon and a crush weapon that are relatively equal and we'll see. Or you could be the one to bring armor, it doesn't matter as long as it gets done.

Come find me in game. I'll bring whip + defender, you bring crushing\stabbing weapon of your choice.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Come find me in game. I'll bring whip + defender, you bring crushing\stabbing weapon of your choice.

Wonder how much of that could be chalked up to combat level differences though.

Maybe they do make a difference, just not as big as attack, and defence levels.

How do you know your stats are same as mine? combat lvls do make a difference.

RELATIVELY EQUAL DOESN'T mean equal. and im saying that crushing and stabbing weps (e.g. rune dagger/rune warhammer) should be better than slashing weps of their lvl(rune scim) when attacking the kind of armor that they are good at(chain for stab and crush for plate). The point is, there is no crush/stab/slash wep that are absolutely equal because weps were made to be different, but equal in power.

Whip+defender is like the most overpowered slash weapon combo ever. So the whip has to be nerfed but i don't care about the defender.

Go to a PvP world. look at all the Dharok'ers. Do they crush or slash more often whilst fighting rune pure and barrows armor?

Crush.

Picture2-10.png

I agree, slash weapons are generally better, however I think in some cases stab/crush weapons are very good, mainly in pvp.

Obby maulers absolutely destroy in pvp, hitting 26 or so at 33 cb. Also, granite maulers are very good seeing as they can more or less get 3 hits all at the same time, and theres a decent chance that most of those hits are going to be 20+. Then of course theres the dragon dagger, one of the best ko spec weapons in the game.

I wouldn't say that crushing and stabbing weapons are NEVER used, but slash weapons are definitely used more, and especially at higher levels they are generally superior.

Crushing and stabbing weps are almost never used except for specials but specials are NOT the weapon's stats and usefulness, just an add on to the wep. Some weapons are only used for specials and are not really USEFUL in fighting after the specials are used up, e.g. ddp++, dragon claws, etc.

Absurdly overpowered specials. :roll:

pures are already outdated. nowadays people can just smash em up without losing much hp because of their extremely low defence and the new very powerful weps, e.g. GS.

It's because people are too dumb to realise daggers pwn plates.. :P

You take the dagger of your choice, I'll take a whip. Whip + defender will beat ANY other combination on ANY armor.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

But in pvp, as stated above, all forms of combat and weaponry are used.

Just because they are used does not mean they are superior. Whip + defender vastly outhits DH; the only reason DH is used is that it is easy to 4 item with it and lose almost nothing. Whip + defender will deal more damage per minute in every single type of combat then any other weapon in Runescape.

DeviledEgg24.png

Since when did i say whip+defender was not POWERFUL??? I never said a hint about this. And if you weren't blind, you would look at the title: "crushing and stabbing weps never used". And the whip is a slashing weapon for goodness's sake. Or am i mistaken, compfreak, are you supporting this thread?

But in pvp, as stated above, all forms of combat and weaponry are used.

Ha Ha. All forms of combat and weaponry? like real. Have you EVER seen a mace being used in pvp? Or for that matter, any crushing weapon other than obby maul(which is only used by pures anyway) and granite maul(only used for specials)? Or have you seen anyone using "stab" attack style? No one uses chainbodies, so why should there even be a stab attack style?

And you wear a platebody? Sure. Trust me; you'd see alot of hits with a dagger.

Lol? Drag dagger vs. whip? Dagger will be out hit 2 to 1. Trust me, I have more PVP experience then you have overall RS playing time...

DeviledEgg24.png