Crushing and stabbing weps never used.

quelmotz

My rant is about how useless crushing and stabbing weps are. Except for some monsters, everyone just uses slashing weps. even battleaxes and 2h swords rarely are used. jagex tried to solve this by making chain weak against stab and plate weak against crush but who ever uses chain????! And slash is effective on BOTH mage and ranged armor. Furthermore, crush weps are too slow to be used effectively and stab weps are just useless *points at dagger* lol.

Crushing weps should hit very high but are inaccurate and slow(but still effective on plate). Stabbing weps should be fast, with medium accuracy but lowish damage(still effective on chain). Slashing should be medium accuracy, speed and damage(but still effective on cloth and leather)However 2h swords and baxes sacrifice speed and a bit of accuracy for damage.

Change the weapons so their dps is different on different monsters that have different defences against different attack styles (e.g. waterfiends), but for a monster with equal defence against all their attack styles, the dps is the same. (btw dps=damage per second)

P.S. How can a quite heavy scimitar be as fast as a light dagger?

Supporters:

-Sonic3190

-Estorrath

-Compfreak847 -- a support from him is really rare!

-a_local_guy

-ravenkana

-TheDayRsDied

Please state if you support in your post, it is very hard to list down everyone's name from page 1-10 or so. If your name is not in the list, just state so in a post (and free bump!). If you do not support, just tell me and I'll remove your name from the list.

Edit: Some changes.

Edit2: Supporter's list.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that the weapons are fine as they are now, maybe a little tweaking needed for warhammers, longswords and shortswords, but the rest are just fine. I see people in F2P training with Rune Scimys, Baxes, 2Hs, Longswords (not saying that theyre all good...) but I think the players are fine with how the weapons are.

Personally, I love to bring a Rune Dagger with me when Im in PvP Worlds (I only go F2P PvP, avoiding D Claws PJers as much as possible...) and they own when I find a person in a chainbody or if I no arm people.

i think that the weapons are fine as they are now, maybe a little tweaking needed for warhammers, longswords and shortswords, but the rest are just fine. I see people in F2P training with Rune Scimys, Baxes, 2Hs, Longswords (not saying that theyre all good...) but I think the players are fine with how the weapons are.

Personally, I love to bring a Rune Dagger with me when Im in PvP Worlds (I only go F2P PvP, avoiding D Claws PJers as much as possible...) and they own when I find a person in a chainbody or if I no arm people.

Rune shortsword is better stab then dagger.

Zerker_jane.png

Whoever uses anything but a scimmy\whip for PVP or training is stupid. Scimitar will outhit any other weapon of its class against ANY outfit. And yes, that should be fixed. The only people currently using them (see the above 2 posters) are people that don't know or haven't bothered testing them.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

but i still use dagger because of the speed

That's a terrible idea. Scimitar will outhit dagger 3 to 2 on any armor.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

but on no armour? iunno, i am a noob lol

but on no armour? iunno, i am a noob lol

No armor, armor, whatever. Scimmy takes all.

DeviledEgg24.png

My favorite weapon is the highest non-degrading stab item in the game, and the fastest powerful crush weapon in the game. I suppose that's use.

Of course, if you're talking about f2p, you're right. The scimitar's pretty much the only thing anyone uses... Not necessarily because if it's slashing attack but because it's fast and strong.

I train with the obby weapons + void melee.

>_>

And if you happened to go to waterfiends, you'll see that only crush weapons are used.

Waterfiends are the single exception (duly noted in the first post). Whip destroys obby weapons.

DeviledEgg24.png

apparently, they changed it form the transition to rs2 from rsc so that weapons would have speed, in the hope that more people would use the other weapons that were being ignored (everything except baxe and 2h). I never played rsc, I read it in an archive when I asked this question to someone who gave me a link. I don't have the link myself, but im pretty sure it was detailed in a 2004 update.

Instead, everyone uses the perfect balance of speed and power, schimmy, and ignores everything else.

The schimmy either needs to be nerfed somehow, or the other wepons need to get faster (in the case of weak ones) or stronger(in the case of slow ones) so that they can all generate decent melee exp. Also, the whip is too much of a juggernaut. It needs a decent competitor that can be acessed by an average player.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

>_>

And if you happened to go to waterfiends, you'll see that only crush weapons are used.

Waterfiends are the single exception (duly noted in the first post). Whip destroys obby weapons.

Only use obby weapons when strength training and dont have a ss or want to use a shield.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

>_>

Only use obby weapons when strength training and dont have a ss or want to use a shield.

"don't want to use a shield"? :?

DeviledEgg24.png

>_>

"don't want to use a shield"? :?

Well obby knifes are 1h so if you use thoes you can use a shield.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Whoever uses anything but a scimmy\whip for PVP or training is stupid. Scimitar will outhit any other weapon of its class against ANY outfit. And yes, that should be fixed. The only people currently using them (see the above 2 posters) are people that don't know or haven't bothered testing them.

Waterfiends. ;)

Popoto.~<3

Waterfiends. ;)

Corporeal Beast. :-w

Waterfiends. ;)

Corporeal Beast. :-w

Hell, if we're naming monster weaknesses, Metal Dragons :thumbsup:

apparently, they changed it form the transition to rs2 from rsc so that weapons would have speed, in the hope that more people would use the other weapons that were being ignored (everything except baxe and 2h). I never played rsc, I read it in an archive when I asked this question to someone who gave me a link. I don't have the link myself, but im pretty sure it was detailed in a 2004 update.

Instead, everyone uses the perfect balance of speed and power, schimmy, and ignores everything else.

The schimmy either needs to be nerfed somehow, or the other wepons need to get faster (in the case of weak ones) or stronger(in the case of slow ones) so that they can all generate decent melee exp. Also, the whip is too much of a juggernaut. It needs a decent competitor that can be acessed by an average player.

I believe scimitar will not be nerfed, and the specs of the current weapons will not be changed, unless there is a new RS release, like RS3. That is to say that Jagex will only add in weapons with different stats, to try and balance their game more. I think a weapon as fast as a whip, and as strong as a whip, but can train strength is needed. There needs to be some downside to this weapon though, it has to degrade, need sharpened, etc. Then the base will split between this weapon and the scimitar.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I believe scimitar will not be nerfed, and the specs of the current weapons will not be changed, unless there is a new RS release, like RS3. That is to say that Jagex will only add in weapons with different stats, to try and balance their game more. I think a weapon as fast as a whip, and as strong as a whip, but can train strength is needed. There needs to be some downside to this weapon though, it has to degrade, need sharpened, etc. Then the base will split between this weapon and the scimitar.

How bout a weapon as fast and strong as a whip, but incapable of training defense. It also hits crush instead of slash.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

How bout a weapon as fast and strong as a whip, but incapable of training defense. It also hits crush instead of slash.

No.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

No.

Yes.

Zerker_jane.png

I think a weapon as fast as a whip, and as strong as a whip, but can train strength is needed.

You mean this Weapon? 2528_obj_big.gif?id=11730

Does all of the above with a Magic based Melee Special that hits twice whilst dealing good damage on metal-armored enemies such as a someone in Rune.

Popoto.~<3

I think a weapon as fast as a whip, and as strong as a whip, but can train strength is needed.

Does all of the above with a Magic based Melee Special that hits twice whilst dealing good damage on metal-armored enemies such as a someone in Rune.

Could also be this weapon:

2528objbigvb1.gif

Only difference is that instead of a special attack, it stabs too.

Could also be this weapon:

2528objbigvb1.gif

Only difference is that instead of a special attack, it stabs too.

Zamorakian Spear wins as a great weapon. :thumbsup:

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?