You'r opinions of the mmorpg's you've played?

Ne0z

Right so everyone bought the game because blizzard made it? Seeing as World of warcraft went into production 10 years ago, I think they put a tiny bit of time in to say the least? You can say whatever you want about the game. I'd much have kill 20 of monster x, quests then stupid moronic runescape quests which take hours to do and you end up with 5kxp and something worth a couple of gp. Still all you have come up with is YOU not liking the quest xp system. For one you can get 10kxp an hour just killing things anyway, that's about the same as RS yet RS can take upto 3million xp for the level rather than 700k Max on WoW. WoW has battlegrounds, MUCH better pvp with honour system, much better constant updates, better skills system where you actually have to get more than one item to make the best things in the game. Much better character system, with classes and skills, then races each with their own individual characteristics. You can say what you want to say about it. I think I'll turst the game experts and 2.5million people over what you say?

Oh and with the last sentence? Stop being childish kid, "go into hiding again?" Yeah ummm right? Stop trying to be an E-Thug.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actualy cj, i'd have to disagree. I do think a lot of people bought WoW because blizard made it. (except for me, i didn't even touch it after I saw what crappy customer support they had in diablo 2)

I'm not actualy going to argue about the actual gameplay, because, suposably people like it. To me though, it just looks too.... well, stupid.

and as far as the battlegrounds go and stuff, a lot of MMO's have big pvp places. However, you haven't done pvp untill you have done a castle siege with a thousand people, dragons flying all around, siege golems, yeah. It's hectic.

Actualy cj, i'd have to disagree. I do think a lot of people bought WoW because blizard made it. (except for me, i didn't even touch it after I saw what crappy customer support they had in diablo 2)

I'm not actualy going to argue about the actual gameplay, because, suposably people like it. To me though, it just looks too.... well, stupid.

and as far as the battlegrounds go and stuff, a lot of MMO's have big pvp places. However, you haven't done pvp untill you have done a castle siege with a thousand people, dragons flying all around, siege golems, yeah. It's hectic.

What like a 2000 allience v 1000npcs and 1000 horde in the biggest town in WoW?

Icy lemonade, i seriously disagree with your ratings... i mean runescape better than WoW? ... i would agree to say its a good game for a little while but once you get higher u start getting VERY bored and it starts getting repititive etc.

WoW, i played this at my friends house a couple of times and it is a very good game, the actuall game dosnt really start untill you level 60, lots and lots of endgame content to keep you playing.

Been playing knight online a bit and it is VERY similar to WoW in my opinion.

although it is a bit confusing at times and it takes a while to get used to all the keys and stuff.

But atm id give it atleast a 8 / 10... Very fun training in parties and working together to kill stronger monsters :)

Rubies of Eventide= TERRIBLE 1/10 is being generous. The gameplay is repetive to a point that it even puts runescape to shame. The graphics are a little better than runescapes, but moving your character where you want instead of 20 squares away from it is near impossible. The combat is stupid and much worse than runescapes (I previously thought this impossible). It has a PvP system, but with no risks making it boring.

Dransik or now Ashen Empires: 4/10 I suppose. It has a lot of skills that Runescape is missing, and does not feature as much grind as Runescape. The graphics are terrible, and the movement system very glitchy. When I played it, it was called Dransik and it was much better than it currently is.

Runescape: I have played Runescape a real lot, and I am yet to find a MMORPG that I have enjoyed more. But in saying this I have never played WoW or Guild Wars or Lineage II :oops: . Most people here should know what Runescape is like, so I won't bother with any form of review.

Anyone wanna recomment me a new game? My comp is pretty bad (1,1ghz, 256mb ram and 8mb video card) so at least WoW and Knight Online are too "good" for me.

Back to the topic. Yea Rs since 2001 and still playing it quite a lot. Gotta admit at times it gets boring. I once tested Ogre Island and I swear I'll never touch it again. It didn't only look bad, but also was bad :P

Btw anyone here play AW? I wanna hear something about it.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

more like thousands of players sieging a castle full of thousands of players.

so, much much bigger. :)

Runescape

1/10

Too much clicking, horrible graphics, bad combat system, hard to use macros (wtf ive seen other games who could care less about macros :roll: ), too many little (younger) kids who try to act older than they are... need i go on?

Shadowbane

8/10

Nice grpahics, lots of PvP, good combat system, selection of many races/professions/armors+wepons, mostly teenagers and up playing

(if anyone wants to try this game theres a 15 day free trial. Just look up shadowbane on google. It's $12.99 (usd) per month to play but its worth it. If you get the free trial play on the Mourning server, it seems to have the most people right now)

Those are the only mmo's ive really played long enough to rate them..

Runescape

1/10

Too much clicking, horrible graphics, bad combat system, hard to use macros (* ive seen other games who could care less about macros :roll: ), too many little (younger) kids who try to act older than they are... need i go on?

Shadowbane

8/10

Nice grpahics, lots of PvP, good combat system, selection of many races/professions/armors+wepons, mostly teenagers and up playing

(if anyone wants to try this game theres a 15 day free trial. Just look up shadowbane on google. It's $12.99 (usd) per month to play but its worth it. If you get the free trial play on the Mourning server, it seems to have the most people right now)

Those are the only mmo's ive really played long enough to rate them..

Wow umm nice, saying a game sucks because it's hard to cheat.

In for ban!

Runescape (Classic)

8/10

The game use to be fun, and very addicting...actually, runescape was the longest time i've ever played a game.. i usually quit after a few months, but instead i played for a few years. Classic was extremely fun before auto'ers were around, and you could PK somewhat fair...now.. classis is full of auto'ers, and runescape 2 spilted people.

Lineage II

5/10

Meh.. I didn't really like this game, me and my brother shared a charcter during the beta, and for a few months after the game came out. Was fun, but after a while, it started getting old when you was training, then you got pk'ed and had to get that exp all over again...IMO, the only reason I played it as much as i did was because me and my brother met some cool people that we talked to over VENT.. which kept things pretty interesting..ended up selling the character for 127$ on ebay though, so it was all good

Phansty Star Online I and II (for xbox)

10/10 at first, then 1/10 lol

The game is very fun at first when all the levels are new, but after you finish them, the game is pretty much done, and it doesn't really take long to beat them. After beating the game, the only thing to do is talk in the lobbies, which was usually 12 year old boys acting all bad cussing when their mommys aren't home...blah..got old.. quick..

Formly known as TheKat146.

Retired in 2003 on RSC at combat level 111 <3

more like thousands of players sieging a castle full of thousands of players.

so, much much bigger. :)

Lol, gotta think of the server strain :shock:

Rs tries to do this with castle wars...however, far from what you describe ;)

Agreed on that. That was pretty cool and fun. Oh and i was on the normal servers. I found that Lineage just got old and boring though. Like the quest were boring and i had to end up grinding the whole day. Grinding gets boring to me.

I like WoW's PvP system. Except of course when you are ganked trying to do a quest....even in your own teritory. And when its a higher lvl and he gets nothing from it. Jerks.

Battlegrounds are a very nice change from training and its really fun. Imagine castle wars in WoW with a 10 vs 10 team. Awesome. And it has certain battlegrounds for certain level players so you are never really the underdog.

I just hate how lineage was so hard to make money in. Without money you were nothing. Only dwarves could make items, grrr.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Runescape 2/10....very boring doing same thing over and over, 100,000's times, nothing realy new.

World of Warcraft 5/10.....gets very old killing same NPC over and over and over.....quests are mostly not ment to be soloed, evan thought there are very few people who will do them with you. NPCs are too packed together in a lot of areas, thuss making you dead real quick.

Artifact 4/10 interesting stratigy game, just don't use up all your turns or you'll lose all your resorces to some other player.

AWRPG 3/10 ...AW (activeworlds)is not the platform to create games, it is worse than MUDs

AW (another world) ... 2/10 a Russion rip-off of RSC...pretty much the same game play as RSC, did have the promice of being different with futuristic skills like Gun-smithing and lasers, e.t.c. but last time I looked, not much has been done with this long standing BETA.

Utopia 7/10 very fun stratigy game (all text), were you attach other players to take some land, whilst at the same time defending your own land.

Player Worlds 4/10 interesting user created MMorpgs...a lot of bugs, and you better not hate side scrolling-very low grafics games.

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.

Sometimes it doesn't matter if the game is good. Sometimes you can enjoy a bad game just fine as long as you can enjoy the communicative aspect of the game, because that's what MMORPGs are all about. I've played Lineage II, it was fun playing with others but other than that it sucked big time.

That having said, World of Warcraft blows everything out of the water.

I have player 3 MMORPGs

RuneScape 7/10

Highs: Frequent updates, unlimited free playing, cheap gaming fee for members, great gameplay quality

Lows: Outdated Graphics, a few glicthes with the pathfinding system

City of Heroes 4/10

Highs: Unique Game, good custimaztion abilities

Lows: You charicters can have aquard abilities.... such as a natural (or non-super) hero haveing ice powers, experience is determind mearly by level diffrence and the experence needed to level up increases, so no matter how hard you try it will always take you longer to go from level 4 to 5 then 3 to 4. Money is worked in the same way. No skills other then combat related.

World of Warcraft 8/10

Highs: Gigantic World, well devoloped classes, varitiy of terrian

Lows: Again , experience is determind mearly by level diffrence and the experence needed to level up increases, so no matter how hard you try it will always take you longer to go from level 4 to 5 then 3 to 4. Shop values for crafted items are lower then that of the componets, requiering you to sell items to other players in order to make a profit.

Again , experience is determind mearly by level diffrence and the experence needed to level up increases, so no matter how hard you try it will always take you longer to go from level 4 to 5 then 3 to 4.

Just to tell you, 99.9% of rpg's or anything that lets you gain levels works like that.

otherwise it would be way to easy to hit max level.

Again , experience is determind mearly by level diffrence and the experence needed to level up increases, so no matter how hard you try it will always take you longer to go from level 4 to 5 then 3 to 4.

Just to tell you, 99.9% of rpg's or anything that lets you gain levels works like that.

Lol yeah, non more time consuming games the higher level you get just don't exist, if anything WoW is much better than RS, Rs can be like 1mil xp single stat level, WoW 700k for one whole level. Also crafted items selling back for less then components is better, it means you have to go out and either get your components yourself or be rich. Also auction house is brillient idea, RS would be good to have one... if it had more than 2 armour sets used by 99% of the people that play.

Risk Your Life - The Best MMORPG I've ever played. The game just rocked!

All the classes, humans, ak'kans... they had a wide selection of classes

Humans had Mage, Defender,Warrior,Archer,Assassin and Enchanter, which i loved the most:) and priest + cleric...(H)

Ak'kans ( the demons ) had less classes, but they were a bit better,since they had combined skills of human classes: Life-Officer,Rune-Officer,Shadow-Officer. Gunner,Templar,Attacker.

All of those classes we're different...and unique, and there wasnÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt a supreme class,except for the mage/rune-off since it could solo great, but when u reached like lvl 40+ , mages started to suck, and sin+enchanter+priest party ruled .

WoW - That game is actually so good. People who say Runescape is better say that because they never played WoW. I bought WoW beacause i was so bored with RS i wanted something different. Not because Blizzard made it, I had never really heard of them before i got WoW.

Its HUGE. Half the game is getting to lvl 60 then theres a whole new side to the game, so half the game is doing stuff at lvl 60. Rare stuff is actually Rare.. 2.5M users and theres only ever been about 5 max Legendary Weapons been found. The quests are actually good, the game basically revolves around fighting npc's not party hats. PVP in the game also requires some amount of skill, aswell as dungeons require tactics.

I have to rate it 9/10. I would give it 10/10 but its a tad expensive requires a pretty high spec pc to play.

Btw im and Undead Warrior on Ravencrest EU server

RSC - I actually loved that game. It was click and go so basic yet so playable. Loved the PVP, required a little skill. The people on it were very freindly, were very mature. I actually was shaking when pking with my 1,5m 2 hander or when i even fought the dragon and lost my addy kite. On RS2 I'd happily stake you a blue hat and i wouldnt really differnt if i won or lost. I just didnt care it wasnt fun. The commuinity also was overun by teen e-thugs.

So RSC 7/10. RS2 3/10 Its really went down hill i think it got AIDS.

Glidden05, Pk Jamie, Who Da funk, Qyde

Im back! I pk dk all the noob

Lol yeah, non more time consuming games the higher level you get just don't exist, if anything WoW is much better than RS, Rs can be like 1mil xp single stat level, WoW 700k for one whole level. Also crafted items selling back for less then components is better, it means you have to go out and either get your components yourself or be rich. Also auction house is brillient idea, RS would be good to have one... if it had more than 2 armour sets used by 99% of the people that play.

You can't realy single handedly compare xp like that, because the xp rates most likely are not the same. A game could take 1000xp for the max level, another could take 1,000,000. However, the game that takes 1000xp you maybe only get 1-2xp a monster, while the 1 million one you could be getting like 100k per monster. It's easier to base it off of time.

One thing i like about lineage2 is you can have private stores set up. No more having to spam the chat screen for hours :D

Kinda Like WoW, just dump your Items in The AH.

Yeh, some games could generally take 2,5M xp to LVL but others 100k It really depends on the time it takes to LVL. I've never played lineage2, I wan to try it now :)

Glidden05, Pk Jamie, Who Da funk, Qyde

Im back! I pk dk all the noob

Btw anyone here play AW? I wanna hear something about it.

i go on it, been on it for around 5 years now. Ive been known on it as Rebel Assasin, The Worm (my current name even thought im a tourist currently) and JamesHarris. i should be getting another cit in october with a world which ill make into a paintball world 8)

Runescape, 1/10 Terrible, click click click, addicting but not fun, looks horrible. Horrible combat system, skills, no party support or guild. Stupidly little amount of weapons and armour.

WoW 9/10 Almost perfect, brillient gameplay, massive, 1000's of hours of actual fun, 1000's of quests, 1000's of weapons and armour pieces.

$10 bucks says you havent experienced any of the awful customer service and repetetive and boring endgame material

however, WoW is most def. the bets MMO out there, hands down

runescape 2/10 a pointless boring game...i gave it a 2 because i met a few cool people on it

diablo 3/10 better than runescape but gets boring just as quick

risk your life 2/10 fun for about a week

WoW, i played this at my friends house a couple of times and it is a very good game, the actuall game dosnt really start untill you level 60, lots and lots of endgame content to keep you playing.

I know i'm pulling from page 2 of this topic but i just read this...

I strongly disagree. The game starts at lvl 1. Thats the good thing about this game. You can quest from the begining and make money, do skills all from lvl 1. You can really enter pvp combat at lvl 21 at least. The game doesn't start till you are lvl 60? Come on....yeah sure maybe you can 1 hit lvl 30 and below, or ride your epic mount, or own pvp but that doesn't mean thats when the game starts.

I'm a WoW freak and have almost given up on runescape. But i have to look back and ask myself.....why do people set such high standards for a freakin flash game?

WoW just seems to have more life than any of the other games out there.

Oh and on WoW join the Horde side, because all Alliance players are jerks that gank you in your own territory while you are trying to quest, camp your body, and do it again when you rez. Oh and most alliance jerks are rouges because they are scared to face someone face to face.....they'd rather stun you from behind while invisible and kill you. I seriously hate rouges. :)

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg