Black Dragons Info.

RayOxide

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Yeah, I know. I'm lazy and going to bed now so I'm marking this as my last post so it's easy to find.

Anyway,

Just want some information on black dragons:

1. Whats the recommended ranged level to range them (exc and inc potions)

2. Whats the recommended melee levels to melee them, including prayer obviously

3. Do these have significantly higher magic defence than blue dragons?

4. Are the Evil chicken's lair black dragons crowded at all?

5. Are they worth killing for money? Seems they are. (Close to a bank, not much of a bother with range, 3.5k per hide last time I checked.. Chance of visage and rune item drops)

6. Do I have to be PR0Z0RZ to do this efficiently?

Well, thanks all.

ILY H&A.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Hard to say what the recommended levels are.. but they do have a quite high def. I wouldn't go there with skills <90. It'll be annoying. Evil chicken lair can be crowded, but usually it isn't hard to find a world which is not crowded. Imo, they're not worth killing for money. Yes, the hides are nice.. but that's pretty much all, since their drops absolutely suck. A visage? Wouldn't count on it. Also, due to the fact that they're quite slow to kill, I'd say it's not advisable to camp there.

No, you don't have to be a pro. Safespots for range are quite easy.

Lucky I was just checking up on other threads :)

Ok, so, let me see..

I'm really just asking this cause of my friend, he gave me the idea of eventually starting to p0wn them ( :XD: ), anyway, He was around 85 all melee when he started, potting and praying.. He did get often rune longs, thats all.

So, greens would still be better?

Really I just want to do it so I dont look like a level 106 person who's best drop is a granite shield. :wall: :wall:

I easily did these with 70+ range. There are several spots to range them in the evil chickens lair. The bank is easy to get to in Zanaris. I used enchanted emerald bolts for these and worked just fine. As far as meleeing these, im not too sure. I think ranging is by far mor cost worthy. Hope this helps! ::'

http://sign.tip.it/1/6/24/304/lady_scm.png

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

I easily did these with 70+ range. There ::'

No offence, but you're probably not experienced in 'fast' kills ;) I quitted on blacks because of all the lower lvl rangers taking ages for a kill there. I strongly recommend 95+ + rangepots. If you're serious on slaying or visage-hunting it's a must!

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

Define easy. Black dragons still make me cry, with 99 range + pot.

Yeah I tried meleeing those for task, but now i kill the babies :twss:

5.Green dragons are better money (Philip Kolar AoW guide) nuff said.

1. 2. Stats wise if you want to kill them efficiently , 90+ although I would still say green dragon are better xp too :)

3. I would say so since they are high lvl

4. The last 3 times i went there there was someone there. I would say yes, there are many rangers there.

6. Ray pro? haha good one :twss:, nah jk, and OT you don't. Super set, BoB, some ppot, anyone can do it efficently.

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Greens are definitely better gp/hour wise. Blues are better than blacks as well at 70 agility. I was taking about 12-16 minutes total to fill up on loads of blue hides+bones with a terrorbird (if I remember correctly) and that includes banking time... they are really not that bad of money.

I have done blacks as well. A load (with t bird) usually takes about 20 minutes for me using void + addy bolts at 94 range (no potting). I also tried meleeing them and found it was not worth it for me (93 att 85 str 99 def 85 pray at the time I tried)

As for how crowded this is my experience...Every trip (about 20 minutes give or take 2-3 minutes) I would run into someone, but the people are usually nice and will log if you ask them or even before you ask. Others will just use the safespot to the north of where you stand, others will use the one on the other side of the room. Generally it isn't too crowded (and I always try to stay on worlds with 1800+ population so I am limited in experience on other less populated worlds) I use the safespot to the right of the entrance, standing next to the rock.

Stick with greens or even blues but don't bother with blacks. If you really want to vissage hunt (I understand you said nothing about hunting for them, just saying) irons are just as easy to kill and provide more or less a slightly better source of income with a better chance at a vissage.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

1. Whats the recommended ranged level to range them (exc and inc potions)

2. Whats the recommended melee levels to melee them, including prayer obviously

3. Do these have significantly higher magic defence than blue dragons?

4. Are the Evil chicken's lair black dragons crowded at all?

5. Are they worth killing for money? Seems they are. (Close to a bank, not much of a bother with range, 3.5k per hide last time I checked.. Chance of visage and rune item drops)

6. Do I have to be PR0Z0RZ to do this efficiently?

Well, thanks all.

ILY H&A.

1.90+ without pots/pray/void

2.90+ melee 70+ pray

3.why of course

4.sometimes couple 1 or 2 hops at a max is all you need

5.as said before not a good source of income

foukouei.png

Aye, thanks guys.

@Ultimat, yeah, I did kinda say I wanted a visage, I know, its so stupid to hunt for one, but I saw the feeling of getting 10M was just, wow, so getting a visage would be epic o.o. It's really just so I can say "My best drop was a granite shield. Until I got a visage." :XD:

So, let me get this straight:

1. They suck for money, greens are obviously the best.

Yeah I figured, greens are for pros. Blues are fail tbh, blacks are for lucky people :P

2. High mage def.

Also figured this, cause of the level. I guess if I ever go here it'd be to stun >:]

3. Irons are better for a visage

Yeah but you dont get hides and bones etc, so the money you can get in the meantime is more chance-based from irons.

Guess I wont be going to try this any time soon. Well, thanks :P